Karan Johar : Animal is the best film. I saw it twice

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
10th Anniversary Thumbnail Rocker Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago
#1

Karan Johar says he cried at the end of Animal, calls it the year's best film: ‘I saw it twice’



At the roundtable conversation, Karan Johar said: "People have come up to me after I spoke about how much I loved Animal, and said, 'You have made Rocky Aur Rani,' That's the vaccination for a film like Animal. It's the opposite extreme. I said that I cannot disagree with you more, because Animal to me is the best film of the year. It took me a while to reach to this statement and a lot of courage because when you are around people, you fear judgment. Like during the time of Kabir Singh, which I also loved... I was like I am going to say this and I am going to get dirty looks from certain people but I don't care anymore."

"I loved Animal for its front-footed, absolutely conviction-based narrative storytelling, breaking grammar, breaking myths, breaking everything that you think conforms to mainstream cinema. Suddenly you have an interval block where the hero is getting bashed up and everyone's singing a song... I am like, 'Where have you seen a sequence like this?' It's genius. The end, where the two men are going for each other and they play that song... I had tears in my eyes, but there was only blood. So I was like something is wrong with me or something is wrong with him, but something put together is very right about this film. This is not an average thinking mind. This is a mind of someone who is so distinct, so individualistic that I was blown away. I saw the film twice, first to see as an audience member and second to study it. I think the success, and acceptance of Animal is game-changing. The conviction is something that I want to have.”


Created

Last reply

Replies

11

Views

948

Users

9

Likes

6

Frequent Posters

1277836

Banned

Posted: 2 years ago

[Post Removed]

#2
1277695

Banned

Posted: 2 years ago

[Post Removed]

#3
oyebollywood thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago
#4

Later he will say best movie of the decade and seen it 20 times

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago
#5

Originally posted by: oyebollywood

Later he will say best movie of the decade and seen it 20 times

I need to see it once
oyebollywood thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago
#6


Coming soon ott release

Clochette thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago
#7

Is Dharma on the verge to get bankrupt???

1274961 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago
#8

Originally posted by: JackSparrowcraz

This is not an average thinking mind. This is a mind of someone who is so distinct, so individualistic that I was blown away. I saw the film twice, first to see as an audience member and second to study it. I think the success, and acceptance of Animal is game-changing. The conviction is something that I want to have.”


Vanga's validation craving self is going to fall for this and Kjo is going to be the producer of one of Vanga's future movies.

Raijeera thumbnail
14th Anniversary Thumbnail Rocker Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 Thumbnail

Millenium Squad

Posted: 2 years ago
#9

Karan has a thingfor alpha (so-called) men.

1274961 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago
#10

Originally posted by: Raijeera

Karan has a thingfor alpha (so-called) men.

He likely knows how delicate their ego is smiley36

Related Topics

Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: rckRadhe · 1 years ago

Sheer Butchery https://youtu.be/o1ZGnofJgQ4 Highly highly criticized, but became an ALL TIME BLOCKBUSTER!!!

https://youtu.be/o1ZGnofJgQ4
Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: Rosyme · 8 days ago

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ddiaa3OMrkK/?stkn=aG5zdmQ4aHo0ZHhy

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ddiaa3OMrkK/
Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: Rosyme · 11 days ago

https://www.instagram.com/p/DdbhpdMGguq/?img_index=1 stkn=MXkwNXR2OGh2dXQ0aA==

https://www.instagram.com/p/DdbhpdMGguq/
Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: Rosyme · 3 months ago

https://youtube.com/shorts/_1tXH62cgiM?si=fmnH5pbp4QlAXd0d

Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: Rosyme · 1 months ago

https://www.instagram.com/p/DcDv5ZYFtGG/?igsh=NTU5MDZ0aXhobjd3

https://www.instagram.com/p/DcDv5ZYFtGG/
Expand ▼
Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".