Sejal ne kahaa ki woh muskaan ka story likhegi...but itni der se nahi aaya 😥😥😥
Aur Aaj office mein kaam zyada nahi tha... isiliye meine ek chota sa piece likha...
Of course Sejal story would be much more spicy 🔥 and better...
But I also decided to write something
Sejal bura mat manana
@focus7 tum bhi bura mat manana... I am also writing my FF...
***********
Her Value
“Muskaan? What is the meaning of all these?” Kairav roared as he got in the room.
“I am packing my bags” Muskaan said as she did not look at him.
“I am not talking about that. What is Neelamma saying? You want divorce?” He asked as he pulled the cloth from her hand.
“Yes, Neelamma and I, we both think I am not fit to be a Goenka Bahu.”
“Don’t be ridicules! We both know it is because Akshu’s wedding. Why are you behaving like this, Muskaan? You were not this childish before.”
“This has nothing to do with the wedding.”
Muskaan said as she closed the suitcase.
“Yeah sure.” Kairav scoffed. “We all know that you didn’t like Akshara and Abhimanyu’s marriage.”
Muskaan didn’t answer and continued packing her next suitcase. She saw the green saree that Kairavji gifted her one day. She put it aside. She needed to pack only things which she brought with her. Kairav glared at her all while she packed. He saw that she ignored the green saree. That meant that she was serious. This was not some drama.
“Muskaan!” He called.Muskaan ignored him and continued. Kairav had enough. He pulled her hand bringing her closer to him. Their noses almost touching. Muskaan tried to get away from him, but his grip on her increased.
“Why? Why are you doing this? Is your ego so big that you just cannot see other’s happiness? You are breaking our marriage because you just couldn’t see Akshu’s happiness… What kind of monster are you?”
Muskaan had tears in her eyes. She looked straight into his eyes. That man was hurt. He is really breaking apart.
“I am sorry Kairavji. But this was the only way. We were not meant to be.” Kairav let go off her.
Kairav couldn’t believe this. Muskaan was divorcing him. How can she do that to him. He tried talking to her. But she ignored his every attempt. She packed her suitcases went down to meet with Neelamma.
The full family was waiting for her.
“Muskaan, why are you doing this? Marriage is not a doll game.” Manish said.
“Muskaan beta? I am begging you not to do this. Every marriage faces problems. A competent woman is the one who can handle all her relationships amidst this turmoil. You are a mature girl. Don’t take these decisions like this.” Suhasini said while crying. Everyone tried to dissuade Muskaan.
Muskaan slowly removed her jewelry and handed them to Suvarna. She silently took Suvarna’s blessing
“Neelamma…” Akshara went to Neelamma. “I can understand Muskaan angry at me. But why are you supporting her in this?”
“Akshara Bhabhi….” Mauskaan then corrected herself. “Aksharaji this has nothing to with your marriage.”
“Then why?”Muskaan resigned herself.
“My Bhaiji had always had taught me that in marriage, both respect and love have equal importance. It cannot sustain only on love or only on respect. I love Kairavji, and Kairavji loves me. But somewhere we both lost respect for each other.”
Kairav looked surprised. “Muskaan, I always respect you.”
Muskaan gave a sarcastic smile. “No Kairavji.. We both don’t respect each other. If I had respected you, then I wouldn’t have said those things about your sister in front of you like that. And if you had any respect for me, you wouldn’t have tried to throw me out of the house like that.”
Muskaan eyes watered.“I agree that I crossed my line, but for you, I was just disposable. Did we really respect each other?”
“And somewhere along the line, my grief was seen as childish, my stubbornness. My grief was not respected. Everyone expected me to join the merriness months after the death of my brother. I would never be able to do that. I was expected to do the rituals even though I didn’t want to. My wishes were not respected.”
“Muskaan I never wanted to force you to join my wedding celebrations against your wishes” Akshara said.
“But you didn’t allow me to go to Mumbai. You emotionally blackmailed.”
“Emotional Blackmail?”
“’You don’t love me like you used to’ you said that when I wanted to peacefully leave. What was that?”
“I don’t mind that you decided to move on. But why was I required to move on from my brother’s death. Just because we are not blood-related, does that mean that I don’t have the right to grieve in my pace?”
“No Muskaan. But I just wanted you to be happy with me. That was all. Because of our relationship.”
“Yes, Aksharaji. But I didn’t want to be happy with you. Why was this decision not respected.?”
Akshara stayed silent. Muskaan looked at Kairav.
“Kairavji, I really loved you. But that day, when you dragged me out of the house. You know what happened?”
“I lost respect for you, for this relationship and most importantly myself. I was treated like a used tissue paper not even as a person. You were everything for me. But in that instant, I felt like I was nothing to you. I questioned my self-worth. I was foolish to gauge my self-worth according to your and others eyes. I was forced to question my grief and feelings. I thought my feelings were the evil things. I was forced to change myself. I was forced to despise the person who I was.”
“I was feeling disgust with myself. Because I was nothing. I could be thrown out anytime. I couldn’t sleep for a long time. And still with this torture, I just couldn’t be genuinely happy for Akshraji’s wedding. I felt I was wrong to feel anything. I was made to feel that way in this house. It was suffocating. I wanted to cry and scream. I wanted to disappear.”
“Then I went to Neelamma’s place after Aksharaji’s wedding. I cried with Neelamma. I finally started to breathe again. I felt the freedom to be me. I wanted to live again. That was when I realized that I didn’t want to return here. Neelamma did not agree with me at first. She insisted on fixing my problems before giving up.”
Neelamma continued, “When once Muskaan once cried about her marital problems before, I was the one who insisted on treasuring the family which Abhinav gave her. But seeing my child’s eyes that soulless. I started to question myself. What is the use of her marital life being intact, if I am losing the last sign of my only son. My granddaughter was my Mukund’s symbol. I took many days. It was not right to break the marriage even before it completes one year. I don’t my Muskaan to face the society’s ire. But if the price for that stability was my Muskaan’s smile, then was it worth it?”
“My Mukund wouldn’t like that, nor my Maharajji. He loved his sister so much. He wouldn’t like his sister to be like this for remainder of her life for his name.”
Muskaan held Neelamma’s hand. “Neelamma agreed. We are both going to Mumbai. I already rented a 1bhk in Borivallli. It is really small, but It will work. We were used to small spaces.” She smiled.
She then walked to Kairav and removed her mangalsutra. “All the best Kairavji.”Kairav took the mangalsutra with tears in his eyes. He held her hand. He looked like desperate. Like drowning man clutching on straws to survive. Muskaan eyes were red with an effort to control her tears. They looked into each other’s eyes. After what felt like eternity, Muskaan removed her hand from his grasp.
She walked with Neelamma outside. They both got inside the cab. Muskaan stopped herself from turning to see one final glance of that house. Her gift from her Bhaiji.
No, Bhaiji would never trade her self-respect for any gift. She knew her Bhaiji would support her.
The cab reached Udaipur Railway station.
Muskaan got out in hopes for a new future.
I was like.. Why can't she just be that strong person herself...
write more