Did Tovino hint about Basil Joseph directing Ranveer in Shaktiman?- Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

22

Views

2.6k

Users

9

Likes

25

Frequent Posters

MaebyFunke thumbnail
14th Anniversary Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago
#11

Noice. Love Basil's work. Jaya Jaya Jaya Jaya Hey was very enjoyable. I'm yet to watch Minnal Murali.

Edited by ohophelia - 3 years ago
TV6Z4AQSICRMOH52 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago
#12

Originally posted by: ohophelia

Noice. Love Basil's work. Jaya Jaya Jaya Jaya Hey was very enjoyable. I'm yet to watch Minnal Murali.


Watch. It's awesome!

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 Thumbnail Dazzler Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago
#13

Wow. Southern film industries have such untapped talents. I am today years old when I found out about these filmmakers, thanks to this thread. Can someone please recommend some movies by them? Thank you.

Edited by 1t1svat1t1s - 3 years ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 Thumbnail 14th Anniversary Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 years ago
#14

If Ranveer will be covered up then I am not interested.

TV6Z4AQSICRMOH52 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago
#15

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

Wow. Southern film industries have such untapped talents. I am zero years old when I found out about these filmmakers, thanks to this thread. Can someone please recommend some movies by them? Thank you.


Minnal Murali, Basil Joseph as director

Jaya Jaya Jaya He, as actor.


Both absolute delights.


As I said, he has a thing for women karate kicking jerk boyfriends and husbands smiley36. Refreshing, when the usual southern exports to BW promote toxic masculinity.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 Thumbnail Dazzler Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago
#16

Originally posted by: 3N2QIFZZV5WZ5GKW


Minnal Murali, Basil Joseph as director

Jaya Jaya Jaya He, as actor.


Both absolute delights.


As I said, he has a thing for women karate kicking jerk boyfriends and husbands smiley36. Refreshing, when the usual southern exports to BW promote toxic masculinity.

Thanks. Shall definitely check them out.

About what appeals the most to the north is not so much the toxic masculinity but the way the southern directors were able to tap into the core of the Indian-ness.

Clochette thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago
#17

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

Wow. Southern film industries have such untapped talents. I am today years old when I found out about these filmmakers, thanks to this thread. Can someone please recommend some movies by them? Thank you.

The original Drishyam movies are Malayalam movies (directed by Jeetu Joseph...don't know if Basil and Jeetu belong to the same family).

Yes about the much more focus on indianess (and very less on westernising).

zara321 thumbnail
21st Anniversary Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago
#18


Oh I didnt even see this video, wow sony pictures is producing it! Thats huge! Apparently Basil Joseph has been travelling to their LA studios. There seems to be alot of pre production and planning going into it which is good.


Such an awesome announcement video

Edited by zara321 - 3 years ago
TV6Z4AQSICRMOH52 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago
#19

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

Thanks. Shall definitely check them out.

About what appeals the most to the north is not so much the toxic masculinity but the way the southern directors were able to tap into the core of the Indian-ness.


True for the occasional Bahubali, but I can think of at least 2 southern imports who made toxic masculinity their signature. In fact, 1 in parlrticular was solely about that.


So I don't really have any faith in films succeeding because of Indianness.

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 Thumbnail Dazzler Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago
#20

Originally posted by: Clochette

The original Drishyam movies are Malayalam movies (directed by Jeetu Joseph...don't know if Basil and Jeetu belong to the same family).

Yes about the much more focus on indianess (and very less on westernising).

No I am aware of the Malayalam film scene in general and have even watched some of their classics like Premam, Bangalore Days etc. Drishyam I watched in all the languages and find part 1 of Hindi one to be a little subpar to the original and the Telugu one but amongst the sequels Hindi one excels may be because of Akshay Khanna’s addition to the plot.

Related Topics

Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: zara321 · 8 days ago

Ranveer Singh at the screening of Hunkkaar

Aneet paddas film, its been made by one of ranveers best friends, and he looks so hot! ♥️...

Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: GIFwati02 · 13 days ago

Deepika and Ranveer welcome second daughter 👶

https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/entertainment/story/deepika-padukone-and-ranveer-singh-welcome-second-daughter-2998447-2026-09-19

Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: priya185 · 18 days ago

Celebrity Ganesh Chaturthi photos with their family https://www.instagram.com/p/DdQ2QMuiASQ/?stkn=MWIzZmsyb2ZjaHhrbw==

https://www.instagram.com/p/DdQ2QMuiASQ/
Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: elaichichai · 6 months ago

My Veer, I am so so proud...ugh. I cannot even imagine how proud his family will be seeing him in this film!!! Going to post all Ranveer praise...

Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: priya185 · 4 months ago

Ranveer Singh spotted new pictures https://x.com/versatilefan/status/2056576529593930119?s=20 ad shoot with a child...

https://x.com/versatilefan/status/2056576529593930119
Expand ▼
Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".