Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Raina101

But are these challenges really finale worthy? And tomorrow they’ll make a biryani? At this stage? Every homecook worth his salt in India can make a biryani! 

I'd expect their biryanis to be bit average tbh. Some of them are just not really innovative. 

The finale week is generally off to a boring start. Party platter's been done before (they did that Charcuterie challenge like it's kinda similar as a party platter). Plus, Nayan's already made a party platter before so its just repeat & rinse idea challenge (not berating Nayan but the idea of the challenge).  

Edited by KabutarHoled20 - 1 years ago
PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 9

this is so fun😆

https://youtu.be/7CE0KgJ6Vh8

Edited by PilloWtalk_13 - 1 years ago
KabutarHoled20 thumbnail
they are hilarious when they are acting as judges ranveer and garima lol 😂 . 

teddybearcastle thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Loved your post.

I found it weird when Garima said they don’t get many Indian ingredients in Bangkok. I’ve lived in two countries with a relatively small Indian population and have had no trouble getting Indian groceries. She lives in Bangkok, for God’s sake she should stop lieing. Bangkok is filled with Indians and half the stuff we use is anyway similar!
I’m surprised at her reaction to aquafaba macarons. I remember in a previous season of Masterchef (I think season for; contestant Nikita), a contestant used aquafaba. And I do think she made macarons (I can be wrong with her dish). Even if not, her reaction was unnecessary.

Pooja Dhingra needs little to no introduction - she’s fairly popular, and honestly I don’t think she’s as close to Garima as Garima made it sound. And I say so from Pooja’s expressions.

Also didn’t Garima go to Les Roche/ Cordon Bleu herself? What a waste of her time there if she has to call another chef to recommend substitutes. 

Clearly this was designed to eliminate Sachin, who was the best in the last two challenges (the dish with the mithai ingredients and cake). But of course if someone raises an issue, the response will be you couldn’t taste it.

As much as I love Shanta, I wouldn’t have tasted her cake - such a mish mash of flavours. And chilli in cake is a no no for me. Aruna’s cake was ugly.

Sachin became a scapegoat to save Aruna. But I’m loving the relationships he’s formed on the show. More power to him 

Thank you.

I am sure Garima can source Indian ingredients from India. Even if I assume there may not be speciality Indian grocers in BKK, Garima can always find ways to get it shipped to her. Also like u said we share a lot of common ingredients. 

@bold - yeah Garima was from Cordon Bleu. I think that line she said was just to fill some time before they start the challenge & they have to talk more about the guest judge.

Pooja claiming they sit & watch master chef was definitely scripted 😂 like she has nothing else to do 🤣🤣

As much we all knew that Sachin will be out somewhere the heart wanted him to be in the competition. Not because of any sob story but because of his fighting spirit. He was a wonderful candidate but alas came into the wrong competition & season. On the brighter side I am happy they are done with him. Every week sending him to elimination, then making him safe. It was too much pressure to watch. Usko kuch farak nahi pada 😂 he took all of it in stride.

Aruna’s cake looked so thick. All the stuff Pooja told as markers went out of the window.

Wondering if Santa was asked to give a terrible performance. Her flavours were all over the place. 

Originally posted by: MinionBoss

None of the party platters impressed me much to be frank. I feel like only Suvarna and Gurki had something that looked mildly appetizing. Aruna just made puri. Santa - the thought was there, but not the presentation. Nayan - I didn't get that comment by RB that the popped chicken was just like munching on popcorn. Have you ever eaten popcorn? It never has the popping crispiness unless you are eating something like caramel popcorn. KDK - forgettable. At the end of that task I didn't care who got the advantage.

The 6 flavours wala challenge is interesting. From the contestants:

• KDK's dish is boring. I can make a Mexican lasagne that is 100 times better than hers and I won't forget the crisp element. She literally just took what RB said and made that. Arre he gave the papad as an example! Make something that matches your theme!
  • Gurki should go. I really like him and find him cute, but at this stage you cannot mess up on simple things like the glaze!
  • Aruna is making another chaat. Yaar yeh aurat mujhe day 1 se pasand nahi thi aur yeh end tak aagayi??
  • Santa - from all the dishes, hers sounded quite interesting. Another Assamese dish that she is changing up.
  • Nayan - they spent the least amount of time on him today it felt. But overall his dish also sounds quite interesting.
  • Suvarna - I like that she is playing to her strengths. But she needs to stop calling every dish a "lost Maharashtrian recipe". It isn't lost if you're making it!

@bold - 🤣🤣 

This is like what Aruna claimed when she came to the show 😂😂 I am documenting lost recipes and ancient recipes of Tamil Nadu. She made a postpartum recipe w/o the main ingredient dried turkey berry & used dried neem flowers for something. Both are not definitely lost. Rasam, Rava idli nope not all lost. Rest some stuff she took from Kerala’s cuisine again which are popular(inji puli - ginger and tamarind spread, stew, aapam etc). The lost recipes remain lost 😂😂

I don’t find the judges comment to be relevant anymore. Ranveer keeps talking. So 90% I’ll ff his comments. Garima blabbers something. Vikas is quiet 90%. Although he talks a lot in the reels.

Also agree Gurki should go. Enough of pampering him and pushing him forward

Exactly! Just giving fancy names doesn’t make it a different dish.

There are so many challenges - replicate a chefs dish (already done, but always tricky), taste a dish and replicate it (no recipe given), cook using a new technique (cook in bamboos, cook using cowdung, etc), give them half a recipe for some lost traditional Indian dish, let them guess the other half.

They can contact audience for options (on insta, twitter, etc). 

They don’t even need to ask openly. Simply stalk these SM platforms. All of us have written the same thing again and again. The challenges are boring. Period. If they don’t know copy and paste some western challenges.

Anyways this season was to promote the trio. When they cannot do simple dishes properly how did we expect anything complicated. I don’t understand are the contestants are so dumb or the viewers they target.

The challenges were meh even earlier. Deepa got a smoking gun. I am sure she has watched some version of the western Master Chef. It did not look very complicated to me to use it. Vikas gave a demo of how to use it 🤦🏻‍♀️ Giving a blow torch. Gosh, Priyanka was a cake artist. A kid of 10 years if given would have the life time fun with it. U may need an adult supervision, protective gear but it is as basic as it gets.

Originally posted by: KabutarHoled20

Aruna noticed that her puris weren't inflating. 😆Behen, add some oil like didn't Ranveer mention about this in a prior episode during the thaali challenge?!😆

He demonstrated how to do it. She was pretending to be very busy by simply moving the plates and cups 😆

average-student thumbnail

which dish looks fit for finale's 6 flavor challenge??honestly none of them look appealing visually on first look😆 judges ki tarah check mile toh I will be honest and say suvarna's looks interesting followed by nayan's..what say MC experts here?

Edited by average-student - 1 years ago
KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: average-student

which dish looks fit for finale's 6 flavor challenge??honestly none of them look appealing visually on first look😆 judges ki tarah check mile toh I will be honest and say suvarna's looks interesting followed by nayan's..what say MC experts here?

Sabhi bohot boring lagre h.  But kuch thode funny bhi lagre h lol.

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

MasterChef India first 10 minutes

Someone blabbers about seeing the three chefs standing there (idk what expected to do, start a bhaja mandali as soon as they see them) 

The ranveer reminding them competition is getting tougher and all of them mundi hilofying

Then them giving them such a scary, accurate to the level of difficulty, *drum rolls please* party platter

Then Gurki going m nt gonna screw this up and win the advantage