Posted: 1 years ago

Nepotism and the famous trio - Ananya, Sara, Janhvi --, as well as upcoming starlets, have overshadowed the outsiders. 

The insiders have no box-office pull but they're all over social media and commercials, which have increased their visibility ten-fold. The way they are highlighted by news portals, of course, increases their brand value, and people are so enamored by them that they forget talented outsiders exist.

Tripti and Mrunal would have easily been much more successful if nepotism didn't exist with a capital N. They are both beautiful and talented and deserve A-list projects.

Can you imagine how Gunjan would have been elevated if Tripti had done it? Or Mili if Mrunal had done it?

These projects went to undeserving Janhvi, who cannot act to save her life.

I am sure even a decade back, these ladies would have got their due.

Nepotism is reigning so fiercely that real talent is relegated to OTT platforms.

Okay, vent over. 

U guys can start yours.

Also, may I add that outsiders like Kriti are mediocre, and if we pitch THEM against insiders like Alia as the narrative is going on nowadays, Alia will always come out trumps.

The REAL battle would be Alia pitched against someone like Tripti, then Alia would get a run for her money. But I don't see that happening.

The narrative is so flawed. 

Remember in 2007, when outsider Deepika won against insider Sonam in literally ALL ASPECTS?

I don't see that happening now.

Originally posted by Grumpydwarf24

You said it girl ! 👍

I am rooting for Tripti. She deserves good things🥳

I just wanted to point out that Tripti did beat Sara to bag animal. So somewhere to some extent fairness still exists in the industry. Even though Sara has had more hits to her credit. 

https://www.koimoi.com/bollywood-news/animal-tripti-dimri-beats-sara-ali-khan-to-bag-ranbir-kapoor-starrer/

Well tripti bragged animal and I feel mrunal too will get good chances.  So it's bright times ahead for them. Talent will win. Neop no nepo talent wins. Like alia from nepo won these 2 too will  

Sara still is tolerable like in atrangi re she was fine..

N her offscreen personality is fun too..

But jhanvi n Ananya puts my mood off both onscreen n offscreen. And now joining this bandwagon will be suhana n khushi n nysa

So True... Thankfully Mrunal has given a blockbuster called Sita Rmam and getting lot of appreciation..

Originally posted by mintyblue

Also, may I add that outsiders like Kriti are mediocre, and if we pitch THEM against insiders like Alia as the narrative is going on nowadays, Alia will always come out trumps.

The REAL battle would be Alia pitched against someone like Tripti, then Alia would get a run for her money. But I don't see that happening.

The narrative is so flawed. 

Remember in 2007, when outsider Deepika won against insider Sonam in literally ALL ASPECTS?

I don't see that happening now.

@bold

It was SRK who won against SLB and not a Deeepika vs Sonam battle.

Deepika was indeed in the successful OSO but even though Saawarya flopped, Sonam was still appreciated and people thought she would emerge as a bigger star (she had Delhi 6 in the pipeline, was in talks with Vishal Bhardwaj for a potential movie, was casted opposite Shahid Kapoor in Mausam with had a great first weekend).

Sonam and Deepika careers weren't much to boast about in the initial years of their career even though they were still A listers and got some good projects with A list actors. (Thanks to the subprime crisis, many projects were shelved).

Deepika really emerged  with Cocktail and cemented it with YJHD and never looked back meanwhile Sonam did Aisha and really got a new lease of life with Ranjhanaa and decided to choose her projects more carefully and do a minimal amount of movies per years. 

I like Deepika's drive and her fans are lucky she works so much (though her trying Hollywood was a monumental mistake imo) but barring 2 of Sonam's movies, I love all her filmography even though she was sometimes let down by the outcome of the script.

Originally posted by Ahana_Sehgal21

So True... Thankfully Mrunal has given a blockbuster called Sita Rmam and getting lot of appreciation..

Has she signed any good hindi project?