Shark Tank India 2

Recode - why was it rejected?

xmanisha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

The only reason the sharks didn’t invest in Recode, was because it was Sugar’s direct competitor & the pitch wasn’t convincing enough. Recode’s revenue is amazing & impressive. Wish the sharks weren’t that biased. I understand Vineeta not investing, but others didn’t make sense.

I hope they’ll change their perspective in the future, because none of the shark’s businesses are unique & they’re bound to have competition. Sharks compete, they were more acting like dolphins yesterday. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

altgr thumbnail

I think Anupam & Peyush didn't invest for other reasons. But Aman & Namita didn't invest because of friendship which I think was not justified. 

xmanisha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: altgr

I think Anupam & Peyush didn't invest for other reasons. But Aman & Namita didn't invest because of friendship which I think was not justified. 

Yes because they weren’t convinced with the pitch & rushed decision making; but still if they’d invest they’d definitely have a say in the process. 

Tapdance thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 9

Kinda felt like the whole thing maybe sounded a bit uncomfortable to them, luring college girls to hotels with food, free samples and selling everything for 1 Rs and all.

That kind of thing needs some verification, last thing anyone wants is a legal mess.

Agreed that Aman and Namita's explanation of friendship was a bit silly, are they saying they won't entertain investments in 5-6 sectors at all via Shark Tank😅

bhshre95 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Peyush and Anupam's reasons were fine. But Namita and Aman sounded really lame by saying they won't invest in friend's competitor's business  and quite unfair for the Pitchers too. Matlab they are not going to invest in fellow sharks brands? Then these brands shouldn't come at all?this show is about entrepreneurs getting a platform to tell about their business and getting investments not friendship story of the sharks

bhshre95 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: Tapdance

Kinda felt like the whole thing maybe sounded a bit uncomfortable to them, luring college girls to hotels with food, free samples and selling everything for 1 Rs and all.

That kind of thing needs some verification, last thing anyone wants is a legal mess.

Agreed that Aman and Namita's explanation of friendship was a bit silly, are they saying they won't entertain investments in 5-6 sectors at all via Shark Tank😅

If they were uncomfortable with that they should have told that outrightly nothing wrong in it. Much better than the lame reasoning of not investing in fellow sharks business 

Edited by bhshre95 - 1 years ago
Tapdance thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 9
This content was originally posted by: bhshre95

Uf they were uncomfortable with that they should have told that outrightly nothing wrong in it. Much better than the lame reasoning of not investing in fellow sharks business 

True!

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Vineeta giving a flying kiss when Namita backed out was even sillier. 

The offline bit which included luring girls, giving foods kinda felt fishy to me though because what if someone’s uninterested in those excess goodies or health problems even though their revenues are being used up. Not saying that majority would be interested but there are uninterested  folks also. 

Aman bringing up and sulking about the Hammer deal which over-exaggerated LOL. That deal was fishy from the start in S1. 

Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by: xmanisha

The only reason the sharks didn’t invest in Recode, was because it was Sugar’s direct competitor & the pitch wasn’t convincing enough. Recode’s revenue is amazing & impressive. Wish the sharks weren’t that biased. I understand Vineeta not investing, but others didn’t make sense.

I hope they’ll change their perspective in the future, because none of the shark’s businesses are unique & they’re bound to have competition. Sharks compete, they were more acting like dolphins yesterday. 

Also, recode nail polishes are good