Suggestions / Comments

Are mods allowed to misuse their power?

Diandraa thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Every season mods harass members on Bigg boss forum who speak against their favourites under the guise of forum rules, yet they allow much more worse things that are said against the contestants they dislike. Specially armu4eva sends PM's like she is threatening you to not say a word against her favourites, basically misuse her power and position. Sorry to say but this biased treatment from mods has brought the forum down. Its no longer a happening place like it used to be in the past. I'm utterly disappointed with the mods. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Let me put across some pts as mod of BB16 forum.

First of all BB16 mods doesn't have any favourites.

No one is threatened. This is an open forum. Everyone is welcomed to post within  Bigg Boss16: Rules & Guidelines.

Every place has a system. If any comment is not following these guidelines, are reminded by pm. That too after multiple violations. Regular members are well aware of this system. They co-operate, understand such reminders. Thy respect forum rules. I always admire such matured attitude, behavior. This motivates the team to come back every year as a moderation team of BB season. 

Members favourite keeps on changing too. They enjoy, criticise contestant's behavior, content, as a fan as well as neutrals. 

We keep record of all member's rule violating posts. They are reminded in a pm. Whatever happens is between that member & us. We do not post our actions against that member openly. That is unspoken trust members have for us. We respect this aspect of our members. 

A system of reporting offensive posts (as per the member reporting) exists since many years in BB season. We take action on reports violating forum rules. Not all reports fall in this category. Moderation in BB forums is very lenient. Show began approx 2 months back. Only repeated offenders are getting reminded now. That too after 2 months. If someone refuses to follow forum rules, he/she is going to face actions. Mocking, posting derogatory comments against any member, fan base are main pts. Many members thrive on posting such comments. Which is not allowed. Several such topics are closed with a note. They are general warnings. 

There no threat to any member, no misuse of power. In fact we hardly use the power. Its mod's duty to remind members. Which is our normal procedure. Am repeating once again. BB16 mods does'nt have any favourite. We just love the show. 

Edited by mnx12 - 1 years ago
BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

I haven't paid attention to Bigg Boss forums, but I have had similar experiences in several other forums where the moderators made up their own rules and encouraged spamming and bashing.

1. In a forum with guidelines that specifically invite discussion of gender roles, a Moderator closed my topic for "leading to sexual aspects" and inappropriately told me to preach a specific religion: "one can make topic on Bhagvad Gita, that explains management of various stages of life as well as How to Live not just exist." The Moderator wrote nothing about the member-bashing report that called her attention to the topic.

2. When I rebutted an argument by quoting it and using strikethrough formatting to show where I couldn't agree and had to insert qualifying statements, a Moderator edited my post to remove the formatting and commented: "Strike through is not allowed." The Viewbie who had started the topic for a debate wrote: "It is wrong to obtrusively quote and reject the opinions of others." They made up these nonsensical rules on the spot just because a longtime member asked them to take action against me.

3. When I PM'ed a Viewbie to ask why posts that had been reported for violating these rules remained in the forum: "Do not use offensive or foul words," and "passing comments on physical features of any celebrity ... is strictly prohibited," the Viewbie replied, "BTW some rules may have become outdated" and s/he would send PMs. Immediately after this, the author of one offensive post visited my profile, and the other offensive post's author tagged me on a post daring me to report her again. Without responding, I reported the personal attack, and the Viewbie PM'ed me: "leave her and me alone.  You cannot keep complaining all the time."

4. As soon as I reported a topic being derailed by someone bashing a show's lead actress as "bad" without any specifics and dragging in an unrelated actress to bash her too, the Viewbie joined the topic to encourage bashing of the unrelated actress.

I don't need to name these moderators or the forums that would identify them. I have already reported them with documentation to the Global Moderators, who don't open my PMs.

Diandraa thumbnail

I am told not to call their forum favourite 'ugly' but the non-favourite is openly being called 'tatti', 'gandi' etc and it is allowed. Hypocrisy at its worst. 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/162343454

Edited by Sexy_Pishachni - 1 years ago
Diandraa thumbnail

Armu even complained about my post "well done Stan, she asked for it". If this isn't misuse of the power then what it is? 🤷‍♀️

mnx12 thumbnail

Have you reported that post?

Its not possible to read each & every post.

We depend on members to point out such posts. 

Diandraa thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mnx12

Have you reported that post?

Its not possible to read each & every post.

We depend on members to point out such posts. 

Yes, I have in the past with no action taken against non-favourites bashing. We both know inside this is how it works on BB forum. 

mnx12 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Sexy_Pishachni

Armu even complained about my post "well done Stan, she asked for it". If this isn't misuse of the power then what it is? 🤷‍♀️

Whom did she complained to? Please explain this.

She only pointed out some of your posts in a pm, which is visible to only you & the mod team. You can call it as misuse, if that pm was shown to forum members. Did that happen?

Henceforth use pm to discuss your issue with BB16 mods. We'll not reply in an open topic.