General discussion parents'and children

SanchiIndu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Request please don't use harsh words , you might agree or disagree but please share your thoughts/disagreement with respect ❤️🙏

I am not against age gap love stories infact I really like it and used to love the serial where kritika kamra fell in love with older Dr. But don't know why watching this serial makes me question so many things also Dr nidhi was not so meek or came from very conservative background , so may be she looked sure of her love or mature enough to take decision where vidhi is shown too emotional naive gullible,she fell in love with her guardian protector, motivator she suddenly became special from not so important person in her own family so may be  it gave her a false idea that she loves him , when in reality she is thankful only

So after vidhi's mom asked her if she has anything in her mind she can discuss with her or her father

Vidhi said she loves , her parents

After that I thought vidhi's parents especially her father was against her going out and doing job because she might hurt herself, fall in bad company, somewhere by falling in love with Dev , she made their fears come true.

They let her go outside for job, stopped talking about marriage to let her complete her MBA (, i know it's basic rights and no child had to fight for such basic things)

It's no privileged doing job/study but somewhere he let his backward thinking change and allowed his daughter to fulfil her dreams but what she did ??

Fell in love with an old man

If we consider it from real life perspective than it would bring shame to vidhi that she is after money, also having this much age gap can cause so many problems in her married life as well. And no father can easily accept son in law of almost same age group

About love - vidhi doesnt have so much experience, she never met boys/men much to know if this is infatuation or love

Please share your views, what if vidhi is your colleague and she falls in love with her boss and gets do many opportunities will you respect her??

Or anyone will question if she actually deserve everything or getting favours??

Also so many companies have police against office relationships

Second question is doesn't falling in love with Dev made her father's fears true , also she instead of using this to better herself as person fell in love and thinking about marriage in such early age , then why she asked time from her parents 

Somewhere it shows that her parents were right 

Third she always says she doesn't want to hurt her parents then Why she is hell bent on telling them about dev now, when her father hated the women who got married to Pratap uncle and wanted his daughter to stay away from her 

Edited by SanchiIndu - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anupreeya thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: SanchiIndu

Request please don't use harsh words , you might agree or disagree but please share your thoughts/disagreement with respect ❤️🙏

I am not against age gap love stories infact I really like it and used to love the serial where kritika kamra fell in love with older Dr. But don't know why watching this serial makes me question so many things also Dr nidhi was not so meek or came from very conservative background , so may be she looked sure of her love or mature enough to take decision where vidhi is shown too emotional naive gullible,she fell in love with her guardian protector, motivator she suddenly became special from not so important person in her own family so may be  it gave her a false idea that she loves him , when in reality she is thankful only

So after vidhi's mom asked her if she has anything in her mind she can discuss with her or her father

Vidhi said she loves , her parents

After that I thought vidhi's parents especially her father was against her going out and doing job because she might hurt herself, fall in bad company, somewhere by falling in love with Dev , she made their fears come true.

They let her go outside for job, stopped talking about marriage to let her complete her MBA (, i know it's basic rights and no child had to fight for such basic things)

It's no privileged doing job/study but somewhere he let his backward thinking change and allowed his daughter to fulfil her dreams but what she did ??

Fell in love with an old man

If we consider it from real life perspective than it would bring shame to vidhi that she is after money, also having this much age gap can cause so many problems in her married life as well. And no father can easily accept son in law of almost same age group

About love - vidhi doesnt have so much experience, she never met boys/men much to know if this is infatuation or love

Please share your views, what if vidhi is your colleague and she falls in love with her boss and gets do many opportunities will you respect her??

Or anyone will question if she actually deserve everything or getting favours??

Also so many companies have police against office relationships

Second question is doesn't falling in love with Dev made her father's fears true , also she instead of using this to better herself as person fell in love and thinking about marriage in such early age , then why she asked time from her parents 

Somewhere it shows that her parents were right 

Third she always says she doesn't want to hurt her parents then Why she is hell bent on telling them about dev now, when her father hated the women who got married to Pratap uncle and wanted his daughter to stay away from her 

It's all about perspectives actually. If you really see from one perspective (our generation's), Vidhi did nothing wrong. All she did was love someone with all her heart, nothing else. She didn't do anything betray her parents values, she didn't do "bhag ke shaadi" or anything without her parent's permission. But how can you take permission prior to falling in love with someone. You don't plan it, it happens. Falling in love is not something you can control or predict. Our generation understands this, our parent's generation doesn't.

But if you see from our parent's generation's perspective, it's wrong, because it first of all falling in love is wrong, it's against their values (remember how Vimla let go of Vidhi's hand when she said "main pyaar karti hun" and there she didn't say the name, just that she loves someone) and falling in love with someone so much so older than you is so very wrong. Like I was discussing on some other post in this forum, "love marriage" with an older guy is wrong but "arranged marriage" with an older guy is seldom rather never considered wrong. Not only age, same thing is there if caste and religion is different. So, in my view, in our society, "loving" someone is wrong, if that person belongs to same caste, religion, age, it's considerable but still wrong, years later you will have to listen, "that girl did love marriage". But if it's lovewith someone of different caste, religion, age, then it's a gone case, storm in the making.

Vidhi's father feared that something wrong will happen to her in the dangerous outside world and hence he brought her up in a sheltered way, she grew up in the house, unaware of the world, underconfident and unaware of her own qualities. In a way, falling in love with an older man is akin to something wrong happening to her (bringing shame to family name, which I don't agree with personally; future problems in married life, I agree with this) but it's not wrong if you consider the relationship these two share (well I hope they potray it as beautifully as I have imagined it in my mind) nothing can be more right than this. From Vidhi's father's point of view, keeping her at home was no solution either, it was doing more harm than good.

Of course no one wants a son-in-law of same age group, it sounds scandalous, same thing with caste and religion if you think about it. Anything out of the norm that you don't see everyday is scandalous. It is how it seems from outside. And that's why the story. To see it from inside from the charecter's perspectives, because then it seems as normal as any other love story, it doesn't seem scandalous anymore.

See I can't justify every aspect of the potrayal of Vidhi's charecter in the show because makers are really inconsistent with it. Till now, the potrayal of Vidhi's love has been childish and it's as if she is smitten by his charisma and persona. So, I won't justify it as mature love. Makers could have done a better job at it, but that's another topic altogether. Also, I can't justify her telling her parents except for the fact that she is naively optimistic that things will somehow fall into place, that Milapini Maa will set things right 

@GREEN

Many people have to fight for such basic rights and many never even win this battle - many reasons are there, poverty, illiteracy, orthodox thinking.