Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: DetachednNumb

^

I'm no SRK fan but I'd rather watch KJo repeat SRK umpteen times in his movies than Alia. SRK has the fame, craze and the numbers to boast of, the only reason a parasite like KJo even latched onto Shah in the first place. It's more of a testament to KJo 's incapability as a director than SRK as an actor. Take out these famous stars from his movies and nobody would watch Karan's melodramatic crapfests. 

This is absolutely incorrect, and the facts are other way round.

Just mimus Kjo and Yrf films from Srk's career and you will practically left with ALL FLOPS and just one hit where he played a villain.

So even without any bias this is a fact that Kjo and yrf films are the only ones which gave Srk all that fame and craze, and what he delivered in those films were hamming or very mediocre acting at its best. Replace him with Salman or Amir and those films would have be equally hit or even maybe more as Amir or some other good actor would have added good acting as well unlike Srk. 

And again he was not that famous or popular BEFORE doing Kjo and yrf films which makes for almost 90% of the hit films in his filmography.

Those films were hits due to the high quotient of entertainment and what audience wanted to see or connect with the engaging content and treatment of those films. Srk's hamming have added not much.

The bhakts will never admit to these facts  but facts are facts with his level of non popularity before doing these 2 banners' films and how much all of these films of just two banners (90%) contributed to the success of his 30 years long career.

Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: kingkhan22

Karan Johar was more obsessed with that hukla hamming Srk though, even much more than kajol and Alia.

His filmography is a proof of it.

Atleast Alia knows better acting unlike the unbearable hamming of Srk. That was quite an intolerable thing for anyone who knows a little about what real acting is.

----------------

I'm talking about jodis. + New generation actors r mostly better than old generation actors. Acting style is changed in years. Nowadays there is trend of natural acting. If we compare best actors of different generations, newest generation is better. But srk movies were much more hit also back then. Anyways I'm talking about couples. Ranbir-deepika, Aditya-shraddha, sid-parineeti, ranveer-anushka n many more r much better couples than ranveer-alia

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jazzkapur

I'm talking about jodis. + New generation actors r mostly better than old generation actors. Acting style is changed in years. Nowadays there is trend of natural acting. If we compare best actors of different generations, newest generation is better. But srk movies were much more hit also back then. Anyways I'm talking about couples. Ranbir-deepika, Aditya-shraddha, sid-parineeti, ranveer-anushka n many more r much better couples than ranveer-alia

I think the film will succeed 

Jazzkapur thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I think the film will succeed 

point is not that 'if film will succeed or not'. Point is a good couple deserves to be repeated in many films. But what's so special about ranveer-alia that kjo is repeating them again n again? He doesn't repeat good couples like ranbir-deepika, Aditya-shraddha, sid-parineeti etc. Imagine one of these couples in dhadak in place of ishaan-janvi. These good couples would've took dhadak to another level

Maroonporsche thumbnail

point is not that 'if film will succeed or not'. Point is a good couple deserves to be repeated in many films. But what's so special about ranveer-alia that kjo is repeating them again n again? He doesn't repeat good couples like ranbir-deepika, Aditya-shraddha, sid-parineeti etc. Imagine one of these couples in dhadak in place of ishaan-janvi. These good couples would've took dhadak to another level

Maybe Karan looked at the box office of Jabariya Jodi, Tamasha and Ok Jaanu and decided against lol. Those films had the couples your requested and they bombed. Thats not to say we have to give up. But if Karan picked a jodi whos last film was a hit I wont blame him. 

Srk was a hamming actor even by the 90s standards.

We cannot make excuses for his pathetic over acting in most movies.

Even in 90s many male leads given great natural performances like Amir in Raakh  (his 2nd movie where he was nominated for the prestigious national award), akele hum akele tum, dhkmn, rangeela,  sarfarosh,  ghulam, earth 1947, Jackie  in Kaash  and gardish, Anil in parida and awaargi, sunjay in Saajan & Sadak, Nana in krantiveer, yashwant, yugpurush, sunny in ghayal & damini, Ajay in Zakhm and so on.

Replace the hamming king in these roles and he would have ruin each and every film with his gutter level pathetic over acting.

He should be thankful forever to Dharma & yrf who made him what he is today despite his hamming in all of those films due to those films been very entertaining and could have been huge hits with or without him.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Even in 90s many male leads given great natural performances like Amir in Raakh  (his 2nd movie where he was nominated for the prestigious national award), akele hum akele tum, dhkmn, rangeela,  sarfarosh,  ghulam, earth 1947, Jackie  in Kaash  and gardish, Anil in parida and awaargi, sunjay in Saajan & Sadak, Nana in krantiveer, yashwant, yugpurush, sunny in ghayal & damini, Ajay in Zakhm and so on.

Replace the hamming king in these roles and he would have ruin each and every film with his gutter level pathetic over acting.

He should be thankful forever to Dharma & yrf who made him what he is today despite his hamming in all of those films due to those films been very entertaining and could have been huge hits with or without him.

Should SRK be in Rocky/Rani ? 

Jazzkapur thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Maybe Karan looked at the box office of Jabariya Jodi, Tamasha and Ok Jaanu and decided against lol. Those films had the couples your requested and they bombed. Thats not to say we have to give up. But if Karan picked a jodi whos last film was a hit I wont blame him. 

these films bombed because of content. N gully boy was also not very big blockbuster n jodi was not main highlight of it. By this logic, my name is khan also flopped but still srk-kajol is very iconic jodi. N srk-rani movie paheli was flop but still kjo repeated them in kank. N by ur logic, kartik-kiara, kartik-bhumi, kartik-kriti, Ayushman-bhumi, Ayushman-yami, ayushman-nushrat, kiara-shahid, alia-arjun etc jodis' last movies were much bigger hits than gully boy so he should repeat them. Why ranveer-alia? N every1 knows my listed jodis can create fire chemistries+good content will make the movies blockbuster. I always imagined having good jodis like ranbir-deepika or sid-parineeti or Aditya-shraddha in dhadak. Dhadak would've been much bigger blockbuster with them. Gully boy not romantic movie. I think main highlight of a love story is good chemistry but why kjo is taking ranveer-alia in romantic movies when there r much better onscreen pairs available in bollywood

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I always imagined having good jodis like ranbir-deepika or sid-parineeti or Aditya-shraddha in dhadak. Dhadak would've been much bigger blockbuster with them. 

I don’t think Dhadak would’ve been bigger than it was with any of them. 

Jazzkapur thumbnail

his movies were hit n his so many hamming dialogues became so much popular n his jodis became much popular. It's fine if u don't like him but that time good amount of audience liked him So kjo n yrf repeating him again n again in movies is justified. I also didn't like ranveer-deepika jodi in ram leela but it was hit n many people liked them so slb repeating them was justified.