atominis thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

I think part of reasons why people are fed up of Bollywood is also the over exposure of BW stars in Indian media, public sphere. They are everywhere. In all ads, T.V. shows, online shows, web series, concerts, parties, live events, sports events and now entered businesses, social work, politics etc too and even made it to academic institutions.

They are too much in your face and their old films also play on TV all the time on all channels.

Whereas other stars are not that in your face or over exposed and there is a novelty factor for them. 

BW filmmakers also, such as K Jo are over exposed. Does it add to fatigue, boredom and audience fed up of them and their PR?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

greenletters thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Yes. Personally, some people's fans too make me dislike certain celebs. They get so overboard and fight with everyone who disagrees with them if their favorite isn't portrayed as a saint every day! It's weird. There is such a celebrity obsession, and then it also feels like there is too much exposure. I love good gossip and all, but I just can't get into buying something solely because a celeb endorses it. Also, we have access to social media way more than before and I am sure nearly every big name has such an overactive PR (even though fans deny), it's like too much! I don't need to know what xyz celeb is doing and if they are using the loo or cooking salad or whatever PR stories are being written about them...likee geez! 🤣

Originally posted by: greenletters

Yes. Personally, some people's fans too make me dislike certain celebs. They get so overboard and fight with everyone who disagrees with them if their favorite isn't portrayed as a saint every day! It's weird. There is such a celebrity obsession, and then it also feels like there is too much exposure. I love good gossip and all, but I just can't get into buying something solely because a celeb endorses it. Also, we have access to social media way more than before and I am sure nearly every big name has such an overactive PR (even though fans deny), it's like too much! I don't need to know what xyz celeb is doing and if they are using the loo or cooking salad or whatever PR stories are being written about them...likee geez! 🤣

what a nuanced take 👏

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

Yes n best example is Akshay Kumar.

I feel pukish now whenever his new movie trailer comes 

atominis thumbnail

He is so damn over exposed that he is in every ad too.

I hate to see him everywhere. He really needs to take a break or cut down his exposure. I think Alia is also in every ad nowadays and over exposure is getting too much.

priya185 thumbnail

Yes they are

there is no mystery about most of them 

even outside the gym or restaurant, the paps arrive 

Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 6

My answer is Yes. They annoy me big time now

Purple5 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Can’t believe I was such a Bollywood lover back in the day and now I hate it so much 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I don't know and I don't care. 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Yes, every time I see Alia or Akshay my eyes want to roll and then they don’t want to roll back