Are Bollywood stars indeed seen as arrogant in real life?

Posted: 1 years ago

RGV was saying South stars have caught fancy of people because they are humble, down to earth like common man and Bollywood guys are seen as elitist or arrogant and aggressive.

I recently saw pics of Allu Arjun visiting Golden Temple with family  like a common man, without guards or any media entourage and those pics went viral and people gushed how humble he was unlike BW stars who visit only to promote films or with guards or take VVIP entry.

Are South stars indeed more humble in public and down to earth? Would especially like fans from South to elaborate how true or false this is. Are Southern stars indeed more rooted and Bollywood ones look arrogant in contrast?

Were BW stars always seen as arrogant, elitist, or is it a recent perception? Is there sentiment on ground in real life also that BW guys are arrogant, entitled wannabes and not humble? 

Originally posted by atominis

RGV was saying South stars have caught fancy of people because they are humble, down to earth like common man and Bollywood guys are seen as elitist or arrogant and aggressive.

I recently saw pics of Allu Arjun visiting Golden Temple with family  like a common man, without guards or any media entourage and those pics went viral and people gushed how humble he was unlike BW stars who visit only to promote films or with guards or take VVIP entry.

Are South stars indeed more humble in public and down to earth? Would especially like fans from South to elaborate how true or false this is. Are Southern stars indeed more rooted and Bollywood ones look arrogant in contrast?

Were BW stars always seen as arrogant, elitist, or is it a recent perception? Is there sentiment on ground in real life also that BW guys are arrogant, entitled wannabes and not humble? 

I don't know how they can walk around without guards. Safety is an issue.

Also, humility might the wrong term. I think south stars seem more aware of what goes in the lives of regular people. I mean someone like DQ or Fahad from Malayalam certainly grew up privileged and rich, but they still seem very normal in their behavior. Even on screen you can tell when someone's really used to holding a cuppa chai a certain way or get the cultural nuances of interaction right.

Bollywood stars of today are mainly nepokids. Like Salman said, for most of them, world begins and ends in South Mumbai. They don't really understand the life of a call center worker or an Uber driver, let alone a farmer or a village girl.

Something that's been on my mind...

FLOBW Season 1. One of the wives was SOOOO proud of Jhanvi and Ananya for going straight to acting from high school.πŸ˜† She legit said while other girls their age were depending on their families (because they were getting an education), J and A were independent.

Any normal desi mom would've beaten up the kid for quitting school.

Originally posted by HearMeRoar

Something that's been on my mind...

FLOBW Season 1. One of the wives was SOOOO proud of Jhanvi and Ananya for going straight to acting from high school.πŸ˜† She legit said while other girls their age were depending on their families (because they were getting an education), J and A were independent.

Any normal desi mom would've beaten up the kid for quitting school.

IKR?? Hate that bimbo...she is the cringiest one...🀒

But the problem is that BW is being judged today by KJO and his bunch of dumb nepo kids....BW is much bigger than them.....Not all South stars are good ...not all BW stars are bad..

Originally posted by blue-ice.1

IKR?? Hate that bimbo...she is the cringiest one...🀒

But the problem is that BW is being judged today by KJO and his bunch of dumb nepo kids....BW is much bigger than them.....Not all South stars are good ...not all BW stars are bad..

That's why I said humility is the wrong term. I think it's more of an awareness of the world around/beyond them. When you're aware, you learn how to behave.

KJo and gang don't seem to know anything except their world. Unfortunately, they are the face of Bollywood now.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago

They don't really understand the life of a call center worker or an Uber driver, let alone a farmer or a village girl.

True. Bollywood stars have to completely depend on the director's vision to create the character. It's more fulfilling when they can bring something of their own to the table, so to speak. Take Rajkummar Rao and Ayushmann for example. More traveled, more familiar with life outside their bubble.And it's not just the insiders. Kriti and Karthik stuck out like sore thumbs in Luka Chuppi. The body language was all wrong for that setting. Just wearing the clothes is not enough.

Fahad Fazil mentioned in a Bollywood interview that his wife (occasionally) sends him out to shop when they run out of milk.He mentioned that he and Dulquer get together for a meal every now and then and people don't bother them. Parvathy says that she hates the paparazzi and has a 'resting-b*ch face which probably prevents people from mobbing her in public spaces'. According to her "Me and you(the audience) have a contract which ends at the theatre."  They do acknowledge that the two big Ms of Malayalam cinema would be mobbed immediately.

Edited by capricornrcks - 1 years ago

Yes, Bollywood stars are quite arrogant. They always love to show off. I see more arrogance due to the clout thing existing in the industry and many star kids showing off their lavish lifestyle, attitude on social media. It's all about a highly materialistic society to work and live in. 

South Indians don't seem show off kind of people. Looks like they believe in simple living.

All South Indian actors are not humble but I agree that the senior south superstars are humble especially Rajnikant, Mohanlal , kamal hassan. However I heard that New gen stars and stars like Prabhas, Prithviraj are arrogant even to those in film industry . One of the new gen star Sreenath Bhasi was arrested recently due to his indecent language and arrogance to an anchor.

That said, star kids in south especially Tamil stars, and DQ,Pranav mohanlal,Fahad Fazil are usually well behaved and appeared to humble. I believe the upbringing,the society they live makes them humble. Tamil people in general are known for their humility. South Indians in general will not worship someone who shows arrogance in so the actors doesn't have any other option .

Originally posted by Kamala05

All South Indian actors are not humble but I agree that the senior south superstars are humble especially Rajnikant, Mohanlal , kamal hassan. However I heard that New gen stars and stars like Prabhas, Prithviraj are arrogant even to those in film industry . One of the new gen star Sreenath Bhasi was arrested recently due to his indecent language and arrogance to an anchor.

That said, star kids in south especially Tamil stars, and DQ,Pranav mohanlal,Fahad Fazil are usually well behaved and appeared to humble. I believe the upbringing,the society they live makes them humble. Tamil people in general are known for their humility. South Indians in general will not worship someone who shows arrogance in so the actors doesn't have any other option .

I'm trying to imagine someone showing arrogance to a Mallu audience. πŸ˜† You won't find a more contrary bunch of people anywhere else on the planet. Gen Mallu answer to arrogance would be *Poda thendi.*

I'm trying to imagine someone showing arrogance to a Mallu audience. πŸ˜† You won't find a more contrary bunch of people anywhere else on the planet. Gen Mallu answer to arrogance would be *Poda thendi.*

Ha ha true.

Mammootty was severely criticised for his arrogance. Prithviraj's career was almost finished due to boastful talk in one interview .It took many years to change people's perception about him. These days if they talk foolishly in next hour there will be multiple troll videosπŸ˜†.