Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

So nowadays BJP is for masses and the CP for classes and so masses are and evil and idiots?

I remember during the election when Manmohan Singh was there they were campaigning saying CP is for the masses and BJP only cares about the rich elite

Don't follow Indian Politics closely, so when did this turnabout happen

Edited by BettyA1 - 1 years ago
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail

Originally posted by: BettyA1

So nowadays BJP is for masses and the CP for classes and so masses are and evil and idiots?

I remember during the election when Manmohan Singh was there they were campaigning saying CP is for the masses and BJP only cares about the rich elite

Don't follow Indian Politics closely, so when did this turnabout happen

INC has always been seen as the party of holier-than-thou elites. I am not sure who ever saw INC as the party for masses. Modi largely capitalized on that with the "Shehzada vs Chaiwala" discourse in 2014.

atominis thumbnail

CP is dhobi ka dog and for no one. Even AAP is doing better than them. LMAO!

Had there been credible opposition led by some calibre leader like say, PVN Rao, Shastri or Nehru then BJP would actually find some tough competition.

Modi is gloating only due to a weak opposition and total control of media.

Current govt ruling is like andhon mein kaana raja. 

TotalBetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

CP is dhobi ka dog and for no one. Even AAP is doing better than them. LMAO!

Had there been credible opposition led by some calibre leader like say, PVN Rao, Shastri or Nehru then BJP would actually find some tough competition.

Modi is gloating only due to a weak opposition and total control of media.

Current govt ruling is like andhon mein kaana raja. 

That's true

Will CP ever be free from that family's grip?

atominis thumbnail

Well said. INC was always seen elite which is why regional parties and parties like SP, RJD, SAD, BSP thrived.

It had some mass appeal only for brief period when Indira gave Garibi Hatao slogan. 

Otherwise it had weak rural base and was more preferred by urban elites. Over the years it lost even more base and became distant from masses. 

atominis thumbnail

I wish they do but if they keep it private property of one family they are gonna be history. Same applies to Akalis who need to DUMP Badals or else become fossils.

TotalBetty thumbnail

Well said. INC was always seen elite which is why regional parties and parties like SP, RJD, SAD, BSP thrived.

It had some mass appeal only for brief period when Indira gave Garibi Hatao slogan. 

Otherwise it had weak rural base and was more preferred by urban elites. Over the years it lost even more base and became distant from masses. 

Well  I thought Indira was popular among masses and classes and rural India saw her as a Mother figure

The divide started after Rajiv's ascension 

atominis thumbnail

Yes Indira was popular and very astute. At one point before she fiddled with Bhindranwale thing, she used to get votes of Sikhs too. 

She used to directly meet masses, jump amidst crowds. Allowed people to touch her. People used to go to see her. She became queen after 1971 war.

My dad tells me she was extremely popular and had charismatic appeal among masses and brought politics to streets. Had total control of media, public messaging, destroyed opposition and brought slogans like garibi hatao, held rallies in rural areas and spoke in Hindi among masses. Despite knowing English and French. Cannot believe Rahul and Priyanka are her grandkids. Old timers see them as no patch on their granny or even dad.

Edited by atominis - 1 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail

Yes Indira was popular and very astute. At one point before she fiddled with Bhindranwale thing, she used to get votes of Sikhs too. 

She used to directly meet masses, jump amidst crowds. Allowed people to touch her. People used to go to see her. She became queen after 1971 war.

My dad tells me she was extremely popular and had charismatic appeal among masses and brought politics to streets. Had total control of media, public messaging, destroyed opposition and brought slogans like garibi hatao, held rallies in rural areas and spoke in Hindi among masses. Despite knowing English and French. Cannot believe Rahul and Priyanka are her grandkids. Old timers see them as no patch on their granny or even dad.

Yes heard she used to dress like the locals when she visited them

But critics also say cz of her iron grip on the party and not allowing any regional leaders to grow (she would keep changing CMs,) CP was weakened in some states and the regional parties began to grow 

Also Indira, her sons and DILs were not college graduates

Yes Indira could speak a little French, and tried to impress others but otherwise they were not interested in education but since came from a high caste, very rich family, were well traveled (most Indians rarely travelled overseas then) spoke English and fair skinned, so gave the appearance of well educated

Edited by BettyA1 - 1 years ago
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

So cute how ones who follow an ideology that asked not to waste time fighting British and idolise mercy petition writer who swore loyalty to British are talking of colonialism. 🤣

I see double standards here. 

Anyway those who follow politicians who believed taali thaali, burning gobar or blowing conch shells can make COVID go, should not talk about complexes. 

Forget about Mercy Petition. Who declared to observe a State Funeral for the death of England Queen Elizabeth II ? Talk about colonialism. ðŸ˜†