Aishwarya Rai as Padmavati would have been epic

Posted: 1 years ago

Nandini is much more meatier part with so many shades! Much of the story is about how every man is lusting for her or the throne, and she manipulates them and plays them all like a fiddle. So she is winning at the end of the day. 

Originally posted by TheDecapitated

Nandini is much more meatier part with so many shades! Much of the story is about how every man is lusting for her or the throne, and she manipulates them and plays them all like a fiddle. So she is winning at the end of the day. 

Yes but she could have done both, if only SLB were not an ageist/sexist prick.

She is so pretty but those double piercings are irritating me

Who cares?  Mrs. Bachchan looks tired and can't act.

😭

I had said that when Padmavat promos went on air.

Only Aishwarya or in past Madhubala and Hema Malini had the kind of dazzling beauty that someone would wage a war for. Deepika is pretty but not dazzling beauty like the other actors IMO.

But the film by Bhansali ultimately focused more on Khilji and Ranveer stole the show from under everyone's nose and won all accolades, so it is good Ash did not do that film. 

haan...thoda realistic lagta ki kissi sundari ke liye war hui..😆

Originally posted by atominis

I had said that when Padmavat promos went on air.

Only Aishwarya or in past Madhubala and Hema Malini had the kind of dazzling beauty that someone would wage a war for. Deepika is pretty but not dazzling beauty like the other actors IMO.

But the film by Bhansali ultimately focused more on Khilji and Ranveer stole the show from under everyone's nose and won all accolades, so it is good Ash did not do that film. 

😭

Best Padmaavat GIFs | Gfycat

I find others like Sadhana, Madhubala, Hema Malini, Madhuri, Sonali, Manisha, Nalini Jaywant, Zeenat, Parveen, Ash, Sush, Katrina to be much more beautiful than Deepika whose only trump card is that she has great height, swan like slim figure, long neck, big eyes, dimpled cheeks and is the only good looking actress who can somewhat act. Andhon mein kaana raja type.

Otherwise she can look quite average or bland at times and looks good only in certain kinds of make up, dresses and from certain angles. 

She never had the beauty which someone would wage war for or someone would call alaukik soundarya as the priest says in Padmavat.

I would even say she looked better in Bajirao Mastani compared to Padmavat. 

Aishwarya 20 years ago would’ve been majestic in this role. Though nowhere close to Aish, from this gen, only Deepika has that strong yet feminine poise, screen presence and majestic aura of a queen.