Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Deepika's decision to talk about her mental health...

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

...was a very brave one. I really respect her for that. She knew it would be a foil for trolls, she knew it opened her up to mockery and misunderstandings, yet she took the call.

My sincere respect for her has only grown after that decision.

More power to her!

I know this post comes a bit late in the day, but Deepika is a brave woman!!!!

I was watching this interview of hers with Brakha Dutt and it brought tears to my eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srGbyn8Ad5E

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Anushka gave an interview in Vogue about her diagnosed anxiety and medication to some fan-fare. Deepika saw the response and then came up with an even bigger campaign. No one even remembers Anushka's thing now 😆

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: semantic.error

Anushka gave an interview in Vogue about her diagnosed anxiety and medication to some fan-fare. Deepika saw the response and then came up with an even bigger campaign. No one even remembers Anushka's thing now 😆

These photos make sense now.

3148DAED-4D11-4CB3-B41F-5C2C9F1BC35B.jpegFB52E9B1-6C62-445F-9C6B-81C50606EACD.jpeg

crispsy thumbnail

Originally posted by: semantic.error

Anushka could have blame her surgeries on her anxieties 😭

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: crispsy

Anushka could have blame her surgeries on her anxieties 😭

Poor Anushka got so brave, so brave comments for like 5 minutes before everyone moved on to Deepika 😆

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

I have always appreciated any celebrity opening up about depression or similar issues......I also think it is very brave and nice of Deepika to open about hers.......Especially in India where depression and any mental health issue is dismissed off as 'pagalpan' or nothing at all.....people are generally wary about discussing their depression with their family or friends for the fear of being mocked.....and when a huge celebrity like Deepu or Anushka talk about it....it brings some normalcy to these otherwise taboo problems....people look at Deepu and think that ...she faced depression...she went to the doctors and she looks absolutely normal....it can't be that bad that I can't tell my parents or a close friend about my problem...it gives a hope that all is not lost.....so kudos to Deepu, Anu and whoever chooses to talk about it and also  lot of appreciation for their spouses and family for standing by them...👍🏼

Maroonporsche thumbnail

It was my dude here 

https://youtu.be/k-ov9XZzByA

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Mock people when they talk about their mental health struggles and write depression killed him when he killed himself. That's society for ya. 

Let's say she's 100%, absolutely, positively lied about being depressed. So? She's not saying anything nutzoid like Tom Cruise and dismissing it. DP's stance might actually prompt more patients to be open about it. No matter what you think of her and her admission, she did some good.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

She just didnot talk but took initiative to help others. Her motive can be anything but it indeed helping others and why not support it.

It is Kanagana like people who mocked and made a mockery of her support.

Many celebs do charity but none took initiative on mental health a taboo subject. DP effort is much appreciated 👏

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

I do appreciate that aswell

But mental health discussions in India, especially with older ppl is exhausting

All the advice be like….

“Yeh depression kuch nahin hota….we saw the real problems in life and overcame them …grow up..be strong ,, yeh sab natak hai, kya kami reh gayi we gave u everything …, …marriage is adjustment and compromise …life is adjustment and compromise …. This is nothing back in my day we struggled so hard…it’s because ur on the phone all day and don’t clean ur room…”

😞🙏🏽 anyone will get exhausted with this discourse and things will only get worse