Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

'Alia as Gangu at par with Nargis, Seema Biswas, Meena Kumari' - SLB

FilmySpice thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Bhansali also had high praise for Alia and her performance in the movie. “This film matters to Indian cinema because here was a performance that I think will be celebrated for the next 50-100 years. It could be at par with Nargis Ji in Mother India, at par with Seema Biswas in Bandit Queen, Meena Kumari in Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam. This is the fourth performance I would talk of in the same league. So this film mattered. Here is a girl who is taking a whole film on her shoulder," he said. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

And SLB is on par with Kangu the Nangu. 🤗

YourCat thumbnail

Let the dead rest in peace.. 

Edited by Lalakhun1 - 2 years ago
PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Our forum members stopped at Madhuri 😆 SLB went to compare Alia with legends 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

I have one msg for all these people..

Alia ko Alia rehne do, koi aur naam na do.

She is good in her own way and getting accolades as Alia. Why do this disservice to her by comparing her performance with any yesteryear actress?

Wo Meryl Streep nahi hai..nor Meenakumari, Nargis or Seema Biswas..She is good enough for herself.

Why is everyone trying to turn audience bouquets coming her way into brickbats?

priya185 thumbnail

Why compare Alia with legends and make a mockery of her 😆

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

This is exactly why no one will respect Alia . I remember in the 2000’s when Rani gave one good performance after another, nobody ever said she was the Madhubala or Madhuri or anyone. 

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

This is exactly why no one will respect Alia . I remember in the 2000’s when Rani gave one good performance after another, nobody ever said she was the Madhubala or Madhuri or anyone. 

Rani is 2000000000000000 times better than both Madhuri and Madhubala. Both were great beauties but crap actresses. 

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

They are not realizing how much pressure they are putting on Alia. The next time she gives a sadak Or kalank, she is going tk be trolled so bad her pr team is having fun rn, but they need to understand that there is a chance of failure and when that happens, it won't be pretty

NotAMuggle thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Didn't he earlier compare Deepu with Vaijayantimala, Hema Malini & Waheeda Rehman? 😆 It's hard to take him seriously. Jab jispe dil aa jata hai taarifein barsa dete hai 😆 And he goes overboard with it 🤪