Originally posted by LizzieBennet

What POND man? 

Ben ke book mein jo tha woh?? β˜ΊοΈ

Haaannn naaaa...he goes for a swim.

Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by manny136

Have you guys seen Inola Holmes Henry is paying sherlock holmes in that lol

Have we??? 

We have rewinded all Sherlock scenes multiple times to give our eyes much needed sukoon πŸ€ͺ

I'm planning to binge-watch Season 1 again and post my reactions here. The first time I watched, I was just eager to get through it. Maybe this time I'll savor it more. Also, I did this (posted my reactions while watching) for another show and found I quite enjoyed it!

Wanna join the re-watch party, Ritu?

I'm planning to binge-watch Season 1 again and post my reactions here. The first time I watched, I was just eager to get through it. Maybe this time I'll savor it more. Also, I did this (posted my reactions while watching) for another show and found I quite enjoyed it!

Wanna join the re-watch party, Ritu?

Main nahi kar paungaaa ye re-watch party join zindagi ki bhasad chalu hai πŸ€‘πŸ’”

Welcome, MJHTMonayaSajan! (What’s your name btw?)

Join the party!

Would you like some ratafia? πŸ˜†

Btw I’m thinking of starting my re-watch soon!

But if you’ve already started, feel free to begin posting your reactions here! I’ll catch up and add mine too, and then we can compare notes! πŸ˜³

Welcome, MJHTMonayaSajan! (What’s your name btw?)

Join the party!

Would you like some ratafia? πŸ˜†

Btw I’m thinking of starting my re-watch soon!

But if you’ve already started, feel free to begin posting your reactions here! I’ll catch up and add mine too, and then we can compare notes! πŸ˜³

Thanks Liz πŸ€—  I go by the name Tina on this forum (though not my real name, I prefer it that waysmiley1)

Yes, I already binge watched the entire season for the first time in the last couple of days πŸ˜›  Let me post my reaction here in some time!

Edited by MJHTMonayaSajan - 2 years ago

I found an old thread where I had posted my reaction after my first binge-watch. I want to see if my reactions vary greatly this time around. πŸ˜†

Posted on Dec 29, 2020

Update after my binge-watch: 

The good:

- The sets and the costumes smiley27

- The string arrangements with modern music were so fun; the background music in the Simon-Daphne love scene was really good.

- Rege-Jean Page as Simon Bassett is gorgeous! smiley42 He looks every inch the royal Duke! smiley27

- Prince Friedrich (Freddie Stroma) is cute too (Lucky Daphne!)

- The diversity in casting (though I'd like to see more of them in central roles, including Asian and Indigenous).

- Ruby Barker is pretty as Marina Thompson

- Claudia Jessie shines as Eloise Bridgerton (despite her weird hairstyle)

- The whole Gossip girl Esque Lady Whistledown storyline with Julie Andrews' narration. β­οΈ

- The LGBTQ storyline that was missing in the books.

- Jonathan Bailey as Anthony Bridgerton rocks (but his sideburns are ridiculous! smiley36)

- I also liked Ruth Gemmell as Violet Bridgerton; her acting was on point.

- Penelope's sweet crush on Colin.

- The Benedict- Eloise dynamic

- The Eloise- Penelope friendship

- The female gaze (and more) smiley43smiley43, Daphne lusting after Simon , and a lot of shirtless Simon smiley9smiley36.

- "I burn for you"  smiley42smiley43smiley43smiley43smiley42

The not- so good:

- Overall, I found the pacing and the dialogues wanting. One of the things I noticed is that Daphne and Simon literally have nothing to talk about. How on earth did they become friends? smiley29

- The humor from the books is completely missing. smiley24

- Pheobe Dynevor is pretty, and her acting is not bad either, but I didn't feel the chemistry between her and Rege-Jean. smiley22 Also, Daphne, as a character, is pretty blah, and quite annoying and entitled!

- The problematic storylines- 1) Daphne taking away Simon's agency, and 2) How Marina is treated with the reveal in Whistledown, and Penelope's change of feelings towards her when she starts to go after Colin. smiley29

- The whole Marina-Colin storyline, which wasn't part of the books. smiley21

- Anthony being a rude, overbearing, pushy big brother smiley21

- A lot of the sex scenes seem gratuitous, and more for titillation, especially the Anthony-Siena ones.

- The LGBTQ storyline seemed to lead nowhere. Julian Ovenden as Henry Granville was fun, I squealed when I recognized him from Downton Abbey.

- Golda Rosheuval as Queen Charlotte showed promise, then again they didn't do much with her character. Same with  Adjoa Andoh as Lady Danbury.

- Overall, I found the acting to be pretty underwhelming. I hope it improves in Season 2 if there is going to be one. Especially Colin, Penelope (I loved Nicola Coughlan in Derry Girls but in this one, she left me unmoved), Benedict and Simon. Pity, because I love the Colin-Penelope story and hope the actors are able to generate the chemistry by the time the series gets there! 

- I also missed the snarky interactions between the Bridgerton siblings that were so much part of the books; there were some, but not enough.

- The Anthony and Siena storyline was totally unnecessary (not part of the books) and seems to have been put in just for more gratuitous sex scenes! smiley36 And maybe to establish Anthony's reputation as a rake, though I don't quite know how it does that because he's shown to be pretty faithful to Siena.smiley24

Overall, it was quite entertaining and I recommend people who like period romances to give it a go. I remember liking Anthony and Colin's stories the most, so look forward to Season 2 which I assume will be the Anthony- Kate story (their banter is quite fun as I recall).

Red: This was before I re-read Romancing Mr. Bridgerton, and was completely underwhelmed. πŸ˜†

I also re-read TVWLM, and still enjoyed it - as much as the first time.

Bridgerton Season 1 Episode 1

- Grosvenor Square 1813, Baron Featherington's house

- "Is she to breathe, Mama?" πŸ˜†

- Ahh the Bee. I didn't notice it, it was there the first time they showed the door of Bridgerton House

- Colin: She likes me better than you! πŸ˜†

- Eloise is being such a Judge Judy! πŸ˜† All because Daphne is dressing up!

- Daphne! You must make haste! (Ahh Eloise is me, I am Eloise! I hear your frustration, Eloise! πŸ˜†)

- And ugghhh Anthony and Siena tree-rutting scene. Book!Anthony would never behave like this! Why did they do this to him? πŸ€’

- Gregory is cute. He's gonna grow up to be a real heartbreaker! I wonder if they'll have the same kid (Will Tilston) play him when it's time for his story? Maybe he'll be sufficiently grown up by then? Though Google tells me he's only 15 πŸ€”

- Why did they have to make the Featheringtons such goofballs? I mean they're not the greatest in the book either, but I think the series took it a notch farther than the books. πŸ€”

- Flawless, My dear! Golda nails it as Queen Charlotte. She does have that regal air!

- Aww, look at Anthony being the proud older brother! 

- Pen and her famous yellow gown is here. She actually was dressed nicely for her 'coming out'.

- That's Lady Cowper - Cressida Cowper's mother? chatting with the Featherington family

- Marina is here. And her gown (and she) is so pretty! β­οΈ

- Ahh, here comes the Dashing Duke! β˜ΊοΈ

- Argghhh - I hate Anthony with Siena. I do not like it. Not one bit! πŸ˜‘

- First ball at Danbury House! The dance cards are being laid out!

- Ughh again! Anthony the insufferable boor makes an appearance, he's dismissing all Daphne's potential suitors. Why and how did they ruin Book!Anthony so much? He's my fav Bridgerton! But Jonny looks Delish.. save for the ridiculous mutton chops πŸ˜† Did they do it on purpose so he wouldn't outshine RJP? πŸ˜•

- Ok, the Lady Danbury in the books was a force to contend with. And a force to avoid. She had a way of making people nervous by her candidness. Although the Lady D in the show is irrepressible as well, she seems to lack the humour that the Book!Lady D had in plenty!

- Nigel Berbrooke accosts Daphne! πŸ˜†

- Ok, that first Simon and Daphne meeting felt underwhelming - I can't see the sparks. Especially  because of RJP's expressions in this scene πŸ˜”

- Eloise trying to shield Daphne from Berbrooke πŸ˜† (I love Claudia's expressions here!)

- And I do not see even an ounce of chemistry between Colin and Pen 

- Daphne is coming across as so shallow and empty-headed - she's obsessed with getting married πŸ˜”. Idk if Book!Daphne was like this too, I read Duke & I ages ago and have no wish to re-read it.

- Violet looks so pretty in the blue-black velvet gown! And her jewelry! 

- The dinner table conversation and the bantering Bridgertons is cute, ngl. Colin is going to spar with Jackson himself and Ben is jealous! πŸ˜† Why does RJP look so bored? πŸ˜†

- "Reformed rakes make the best of husbands". Ok, I hate the way A talks to Violet in this scene! He's insufferable! πŸ˜‘ (though i still love Jonny β˜ΊοΈ)

- Cressida Cowper being a mean bully to Pen! πŸ˜‘ Idk Nicola just doesn't do it for me as Pen! And neither does Luke as Colin. Pity because I've always loved both characters! Even if their romance was Meh for me!

- Colin being gallant and asking Pen to dance. But why was she rushing as if he's asked her to sprint instead? πŸ˜† Perhaps because they were dancing the quadrille?

- I like Polly Walker as Mama Featherington. She does a great job!

- A being an overbearing pain in the a** again- telling Daphne that she has to marry Berbrooke. What an idiot! πŸ˜‘

- "I will not hear of this" - Phoebe's expression is so weird here! It made me laugh!

- She punched him! She punched Nigel in the face and he went down like a lump! πŸ˜†

- Ahh there's an Easter Egg for Lady W - Pen watching as Daph and Simon come in from the Dark walk

- They do look pretty together  

Edited by LizzieBennet - 2 years ago