🐝~||The Bane of Our Existence|| ~🌷 Strictly by invite!!! - Page 4

Posted: 2 years ago

Here are a few books that I really loved:

1. 9 rules to break when romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean (The heroine is so plucky!)

2. A week to be wicked by Tessa Dare (very funny, laugh out loud moments, adorable hero, bluestocking heroine). In fact, all of her Spindle Cove series is good but this one stands out for me. Colin Sandhurst, Lord Payne might be among my fav historical MLs ever, and that's saying something. The brief appearances he makes in her other Spindle Cove books are also hilarious. He's such a cheeky b**tard! πŸ˜†

3. Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare (a sort of beauty and the beast take off), oh the hero has a disability in this.. (no spoilers!)

4. Girl meets Duke series by Tessa Dare especially the Duchess Deal (again a sort of beauty and the beast take off), and the Governess Game (I loved the hero in this too, and his two adorable wards)

5. The Duchess of Love series by Sally Mackenzie, especially Bedding Lord Ned and Loving Lord Ash - funny as heck!

6. The entire 'Naked Gentlemen' series by Sally Mackenzie; my favorite was The Naked Earl (hilarious)

7. Three weeks with Lady X by Eloisa James (pretty funny especially the letters exchanged; the hero and heroine become BFFs first)

8. Miss Wonderful by Loretta Chase (Younger hero and older heroine, adorable hero)

9. Unveiled by Courtney Milan - the hero is so supportive, and just so surprisingly unique. He has my heart. There are 3 more books in this series but this one is my favorite. Her Brothers Sinister series is also good, especially Sebastian Malheur's book! β˜ΊοΈ What is it about MLs named Sebastian? - they're so irresistible! 

10. What happens in London and Ten things I love about you by Julia Quinn. Ahh, Sebastian again (the same one) in both of them! β˜ΊοΈπŸ€£

11. The madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie by Jennifer Ashley (really good and the hero is so unique: he’s definitely on the spectrum but in those times it would be seen as madness). The entire MacKenzie clan I think rival the Bridgertons when it comes to family bonding! Sometimes even surpass them! I love Daniel too, though his book was slightly disappointing. I did enjoy Cam and Ainsley's book though!

12. The footman and I by Valerie Bowman in which the hero who’s an earl pretends to be a footman to find true love. Fun! I also enjoyed Kiss me at Christmas by the same author, need to read more books by her!

13. When beauty tamed the beast by Eloisa James: the hero is the beast but also a doctor who limps (inspired by Dr. House; his understudies are even called the ducklings!)

14. Devil’s daughter by Lisa Kleypas. Her Ravenel’s series is highly acclaimed and I loved this one (West Ravenel is an irresistible hero). The Wallflowers and Hathaway series by Lisa Kleypas are both enjoyable.

15. My fake rake by Eva Leigh: I loved the premise of the shy, unassuming, nerdy hero being transformed into a rake, but it does drag in places. 

16. When a Scot ties the knot by Tessa Dare, so many funny moments and I really love the Scottish accent! 

17. The rogue you know by Shana Galen, the second book in the Covent Garden cubs series. I know most people like Earls just wanna have fun, Dane and Marlowe's book, but I preferred Gideon and Susanna's story. It was so much more of a transformation story for them both.

18. When the Earl met his match by Stacy Reid. Oh God, this book. The ML, Hugh has my heart and Phoebe is so fearless. Ngl, this book made me cry in places and that's saying something.

19. Her wicked Marquess by Stacy Reid. Book 2 in the Sinful Wallflower series. Omg, again I dare you to resist the ML, Nicholas. Maryann and Nicholas's midnight trysts are so delicious I just melted!

20. Brighter than the sun by Julia Quinn (Lyndon Sisters #2) Ellie and Charles' story and so, so funny and heartwarming like only JQ can do.

21. To catch an Heiress by Julia Quinn: Agents of the Crown #1. The FL Caroline is just so funny and endearing despite everything she's faced.

22. Splendid and Minx by Julia Quinn. Dunston! β˜ΊοΈ. That's all! 

23. Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas: I don't think there's anything left to be said about this book. Sebastian St. Vincent. That's all.

24. Charming the Prince by Teresa Medeiros. A retelling of the Cinderella story and set in the 1300s much before the usual regency period. But oh God. This ML! Bannor the Bold is just sooo good and noble, I cry!

25. A wicked kind of husband by Mia Vincy. Delicious banter between ML and FL. Some good steamy scenes. A really fun read, surprisingly good for a debut novel (Stands up there with 9 rules to break by Sarah MacLean, also a debut novel)

26. The perfect rake by Anne Gracie. I tried some other books by this author and found them pretty meh but this one! Oh, Gideon is just perfect! He's so supportive once he falls in love, and he falls hard. I found myself irritated by Prudence though!

27. Married by morning by Lisa Kleypas. Hathaways - Leo's story and super fun. Didn't like the FL much though but still enjoyed this more than his sisters' books, but Kev and Win's book Seduce me at Sunrise comes a close second.

28. Rules for a proper governess by Jennifer Ashley. A MacBride story, featuring the MacKenzies. The FL, Bertie is so unconventional. 

29. Infamous by Minerva Spencer. The FL is really unlikeable and has done some mean, questionable things in the past to the ML and his brother (and his brother's wife). So it's kind of a redemption story for her. This one was good, but got distracting because of the parallel love story between Lucien and Phil, which I think deserved its own book. It took away from Richard and Celia's story, but I really loved Richard in this!

30. The Devil is a Marquess by Elisa Braden. Her entire Rescued from Ruin series is good, but this one stands out for me. Charlotte is such a positive, optimistic FL, just so refreshing and Benedict? OMG, I melt! I loved this book and how he changes slowly for her and because of her. 

Edited by LizzieBennet - 2 years ago
Originally posted by LizzieBennet

Here are a few books that I really loved:

1. 9 rules to break when romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean (The heroine is so plucky!)

2. A week to be wicked by Tessa Dare (very funny, laugh out loud moments, adorable hero, bluestocking heroine). In fact, all of her Spindle Cove series is good but this one stands out for me.

3. Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare (a sort of beauty and the beast take off)

4. Girl meets Duke series by Tessa Dare especially the Duchess Deal (again beauty and the beast take off), and the Governess Game (I loved the hero in this too, and his two adorable wards)

5. The Duchess of Love series by Sally Mackenzie, especially Bedding Lord Ned and Loving Lord Ash

6. The entire 'Naked Gentlemen' series by Sally Mackenzie; my favorite was The Naked Earl (hilarious)

7. Three weeks with Lady X by Eloisa James (pretty funny especially the letters exchanged; the hero and heroine become BFFs first)

8. Miss Wonderful by Loretta Chase (Younger hero and older heroine, adorable hero)

9. Unveiled by Courtney Milan (the hero is so supportive, and just so surprisingly unique).

10. What happens in London and Ten things I love about you by Julia Quinn. 

11. The madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie by Jennifer Ashley (really good and the hero is so unique: he’s definitely on the spectrum but in those times it would be seen as madness)

12. The footman and I by Valerie Bowman in which the hero who’s an earl pretends to be a footman to find true love. Fun! I also enjoyed Kiss me at Christmas by the same author, need to read more books by her!

13. When beauty tamed the beast by Eloisa James: the hero is the beast but also a doctor who limps (inspired by Dr. House; his understudies are even called the ducklings!)

14. Devil’s daughter by Lisa Kleypas. I know her Ravenel’s series is highly acclaimed and I loved this one (West Ravenel is an irresistible hero). The wallflowers and Hathaway series by Lisa Kleypas are both enjoyable.

15. My fake rake by Eva Leigh: I loved the premise of the shy, unassuming, nerdy hero being transformed into a rake, but it does drag in places. 

16. When a Scot ties the knot by Tessa Dare, so many funny moments and I really love the Scottish accent! 

E.T.A

17. The rogue you know by Shana Galen, the second book in the Covent Garden cubs series. I know most people like Earls just wanna have fun, Dane and Marlowe's book, but I preferred Gideon and Susanna's story. It was so much more of a transformation story for them both.

18. When the Earl met his match by Stacy Reid. Oh God, this book. The ML, Hugh has my heart and Phoebe is so fearless. Ngl, this book made me cry in places and that's saying something.

19. Her wicked Marquess by Stacy Reid. Book 2 in the Sinful Wallflower series. Omg, again I dare you to resist the ML, Nicholas. Maryann and Nicholas's midnight trysts are so delicious I just melted!

20. Brighter than the sun by Julia Quinn (Lyndon Sisters #2) Ellie and Charles' story and so, so funny and heartwarming like only JQ can do.

21. To catch an Heiress by Julia Quinn: Agents of the Crown #1. The FL Caroline is just so funny and endearing despite everything she's faced.

22. Splendid and Minx by Julia Quinn

23. Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas: I don't think there's anything left to be said about this book. Sebastian St. Vincent. That's all.

24. Charming the Prince by Teresa Medeiros. A retelling of the Cinderella story and set in the 1300s much before the usual regency period. But oh God. this ML! Bannor the Bold is just sooo good!

25. A wicked kind of husband by Mia Vincy. Delicious banter between ML and FL. Some good steamy scenes. A really fun read, surprisingly good for a debut novel (Stands up there with 9 rules to break by Sarah MacLean, also a debut novel)

26. The perfect rake by Anne Gracie. I tried some other books by this author and found them pretty meh but this one! Oh, Gideon is just perfect! He's so supportive once he falls in love, and he falls hard. I found myself irritated by Prudence though!

27. Married by morning by Lisa Kleypas. Hathaways, Leo's story and super fun. Somehow enjoyed this more than his sisters' books, but Kev and Win's book Seduce me at Sunrise comes a close second.

28. Rules for a proper governess by Jennifer Ashley. A MacBride story, but the FL, Bertie is so unconventional. 

29. Infamous by Minerva Spencer. The FL is really unlikeable and has done some mean, questionable things in the past to the ML and his brother (and his brother's wife). So it's kind of a redemption story for her. This one was good, but got distracting because of the parallel love story between Lucien and Phil, which I think deserved its own book. It took away from Richard and Celia's story, but I really loved Richard in this!

30. The Devil is a Marquess by Elisa Braden. Her entire Rescued from Ruin series is good, but this one stands out for me. Charlotte is such a positive, optimistic FL, just so refreshing and Benedict? OMG, I melt! I loved this book and how he changes slowly for her and because of her. 

Forgot the tag ..here you go.

Will keep updating this as I read more!

But jsyk, I go for witty, funny, and juicy stuff all combined so most of my recs will have these in some form or another.

Excitement mein phirse tag bhool gayi πŸ˜”πŸ€ͺ

Btw, i'm deleting the link for that online book site (idk if it's allowed but don't want to take chances)

You also delete it pls from the post you quoted!

Originally posted by EuphoricDamsel.

Was it Hyacinth's book where she's the widow?

There's a book right?

The ML was Michael? Freddie?

I don't remember...that's supposed to be good one too

Oh that's Francesca's!

Yes, she's a widow and the ML is Micheal.

I'm on this FB Bridgerton page and 90% of that fandom love Francesca's story because it's steamy. Heck, yes, I will admit the steamy scenes are well-written but it's by no means my favorite in this series.

(I think that still goes to TVWLM)

I absolutely CANNOT Find 'The Bride' by JG on any site within my budget...its always 1 book for 700 or so...i just am sad about it πŸ’”

Ye lo 

https://allnovel.net/the-bride-lairds-fiancees-1.html

You're welcome! 

HOW GOOD IS THE UNWANTED WIFE BY NATASHA ANDERS.

LIKE...HOW GOOD. 

OMG I just read the blurb and I'm reeling at how similar this sounds to a book I just finished..

The Earl in my bed by Stacy Reid

Originally posted by LizzieBennet

OMG I just read the blurb and I'm reeling at how similar this sounds to a book I just finished..

The Earl in my bed by Stacy Reid

Its a great book...The ML is flawed but somehow during the read you will feel for him. 

i've read it countless times