Posted: 2 years ago

Waiting 

Waiting 

And 

Waiting 

And waiting waiting waiting 

From the author's desk: Hellos peeps! how are you all? Sorry for MIA these last two months, I had some important commitments that didnt let me spend time updating this story. However, I wanted to thank each one of you for patiently waiting on me and demanding an update. 

thanks for your sweet comments, and saw a few new readers too, Belcomes belcomes! 

Anway, wanted to also look back at the past year - while we all have been trying to cope up with the new normal, for some of you the year may have been little tougher than others, lets all stay hopeful, Please remember, every thing that happens including our struggles only give us important lessons and make us more stronger. wishing you all a great and spectacular new year 2022. 

Now, lets start with this year's first update! happy reading

Part 20: The rescue mission

Part 4: Tragedy strikes

Pain shot up his jawbone as the fist of the man in front of him connected with his jaw. His hands locked by the one holding it behind him, Arnav spit out the blood that resulted out of the impact as he aimed a kick at the man, smirking as it connected with the man’s stomach. Another sharp pain shot up his side as the man holding his arms from behind him jutted his knee hard on his back. 

“What did you come searching for?” Bento asked

Arnav chose to keep mum. He had to stall these men and keep them there. Bento had already sent 2 other men to search the premise for any other intruder. He didn’t want anyone going back to the vehicles where the girls were

“How did you find this place?” Bento asked him 

Arnav didn’t answer. The moment he knew that the phone call had given him away, he had pulled out his phone from his pocket and cut the call, cutting out the light source. He knew at that moment that he had to pull those men from that location so Khushi can do what she had to do, for that, he had to remain elusive. If they knew where he was, some of them would probably go back to the fireplace. And more importantly, he had to also drive the girls out of that place. He sprinted from the spot but had no idea which direction he was going towards or what awaited him there. 

He heard Bento asking for the lights to be switched on in the premise. He hurried away from the girls, hoping to give them time – but with lights coming up on the premise, he had no idea how he would succeed in the mission to get them away from this place to safety. Wishing that Khushi had the presence of mind to leave him and drive away, he had prepared himself to hold the men as long as he can. The lights had come up but they were not good enough to light the entire premise. 

The men caught on to him quickly. He was trained in martial arts and he even tried his hands at boxing in his early 20s with a professional trainer when he was so much into body building craze, but he knew he was no match for these thugs – it was 8 people against 1 – also he was so out of practice. He was determined to hold on as long as he could. 

“Answer me” Bento asked again “Why do you want to spoil your pretty face, keeping mum?”

Arnav smirked again, instigating the man to hit him again. As he buckled up with pain, the man behind him held him upright again binding his arms behind him. 

Another sharp kick was aimed at Arnav and he buckled over, the only thing that did not let him hit the ground was the man behind him who was holding him up, for the next kick. 

“you think I will say anything?”

“Don’t think I don’t know who you are” Bento said

Arnav only smirked in response

“Is that ACP here with you?” 

“If he was, would I tell you?”

“I would like to punch the life out of you, but today, I am in good mood, so I will let you in on the secret. Your sister is not here”

Bento’s phone rang. He picked it up, saw the caller and took the call. He listened into it for a few seconds and then looked at Arnav with a bemused expression. 

“Wow, bring them here”

Arnav looked at Bento’s smug expression. Was it Khushi? His fear was confirmed seconds later. 

“I must agree that I didn’t truly gauge your capabilities – so you know that your sister is not here -then why? what are those orphan girls for you? Why do you want to risk your life for them?”

Soon, the other two men who went in search of intruders came with Khushi and the other two girls. 

“Who is this new girl? She is a stunner!” Bento asked flicking Khushi’s chin as she avoided his touch

“B*****D” Arnav screamed

“Calm down tiger” Bento laughed “your girlfriend I presume?”

“Don’t you dare touch her again!”

“oh so possessive” Bento laughed again “I was asked to deliver the other two girls to an agent who was supposed to collect them here at midnight… I am just wondering how much more I will get if I deliver another grade A?” 

“I WILL KILL YOU” Arnav screamed again as he dashed forward, freeing himself from the man who was holding him and lunging himself on Bento, the men started to kick and punch him as well and it was a total chaos. 

Khushi and the girls screamed and tried to free themselves. Then, it happened. A car moving towards the men at a crazy speed with its headlights glaring at them.  It was Geethu on Arnav’s car. Arnav had almost forgotten that Geethu was with them. If it was another day, another time, he would have been appalled at how she was treating his car. But today, at this moment, he was more than grateful that she was there. 

She didn’t hesitate to drive the car right through some of the Bento’s men, injuring them. If they thought handling a woman was easy, they were so wrong. Arnav witnessed some of her cool moves as she effortlessly took them down with her sleek punching and kicking techniques. 

With Geethu being there now, Arnav got the much needed backup and was able to tackle Bento and his men. As Arnav fought the men, Geethu attacked those who were holding Khushi and the girls hostage and blocked them as she asked them to get into the car quickly. As soon as the girls were safely inside, she jumped took the wheels, and in a swirl and reverse sweep, she stopped right were Arnav was fighting the men and pulled him into the car. 

“That’s enough” she said as she stepped on the gas even before he could lock the door. “Seat belt” she said as the car jolted forward. The men were running behind before Bento’s voice ordered them to get the vehicle. 

Abhi sighed as he couldn’t reach Arnav again 

“Any luck Sir?”

He shook his head. “He is not picking up”

“Geethu Mam?”

“She is not picking up either”

“But you were speaking to her earlier”

“Yes, I told her that I found Riya and Anjali and that Anjali got hurt in the head and I am taking her to the hospital but after that, she is not picking up”

“Mam told where they are?”

“She sent me a location, but not sure if they are still there”

“what should we do?”

Abhi looked at the side where the lady at the help desk had left the consent form”

“I will sign it”

“But Sir?”

“A lie is not a sin when life is at stake”

He said as he started to fill the form. 

Rajesh curtly noted when he filled the relationship with the patient box. With a jolt of realization, he smiled sadly. He had just realized that his ship has started to sail, but he prayed that the girl who was at the moment in the ICU fighting for her life would come of this trauma well and safe, for he also realized that the happiness of this man whom he had come to adore was in those petite hands

He moved away from there wishing life was much kinder to his boss. 

"Rajesh" Abhi called "I just sent you the location that Geethu messaged, can you drive up there and check once?"

"Yes Sir"

“Are you all ok?” Geethu asked them all- no one dared to reply her. She could only get sighs and whimpers as responses. 

“you are one badass woman” Arnav said as soon as he realized that they were now out of that damn compound

Geethu chuckled. “Was that a love confession?” she joked

Arnav laughed and then grimaced and sucked in air as he felt a sharp pain on his abdomen muscle 

“You got punched pretty bad” she noticed as she side viewed him 

“I am fine” he sighed. 

Khushi who was quietly comforting the sobbing girls looked at him with concern. 

“Are you hurt?”

“No, just some bruises” he told her “and you?” she nodded that she was alright.

“Yeah right, what is the use of all that workout if those muscles can’t take a few punches” Geethu joked. 

Arnav simpered. 

“Geethu ji, what would we have done without you” Khushi said “you were great”

“she was Brilliant!” Arnav acknowledged too “The way you kicked them and the way you pulled me in… you should get back to the field- what were you thinking taking up a desk job?” he told Geethu

“Oh man! Today’s adventure did give me a high- I had forgotten how this action feels – ohlalala”

“You were so impressive today” Khushi told her again

“Am I smelling a whipped fan girl?” Geethu joked again inviting chuckles from them. 

“What happened to Anjali Di and Riya?” Tanu asked

“Oh yeah, Abhi found them” she told them all

“Oh thankyou Devimaiyya” Khushi sent a prayer quickly to her goddess

Arnav gave a relieved sigh

“Oh, I almost forgot” he said “Where are they now?”

“They are in the hospital” 

“What happened?”

Geethu hesitated a bit “Anjali got hit in the head, she is getting treated” she said curtly

“I hope there is nothing to worry?” Arnav asked her sensing a bit of nervousness in her voice. 

“We will know when we get there Arnav”

Arnav looked at her steadily 

“Tell me Geethu” 

She turned to face him for a moment 

“Not now, we have got a tail” she said indicating that Bento and his men were soon catching up on them

She speeded up the highway as the three vehicles chased them. Geethu was good at wheels, she soon lost two of those vehicles and only Bento’s SUV was steadily chasing them. 

“How I wish you had a sport car” she said “this one is flimsy”

Arnav was not in a mood for any light talks, he was already tensed about Anjali. 

Then it happened and they all realized it when it hit- Bento hit the right side of Arnav’s car and with the speed that Geethu was driving it, it started to spin out of control. 

As soon as it hit the right border parapet of the road, she pulled it into a reverse trying to stop the damage, but it went into a spin, dashing on the SUV that had attacked them and pushing it over the other side which was a steep slope running into a lake. But the impact of the hit pulled their vehicle too and they all went along with Bento’s car but tail end first. 

“Oh NO”

“Ahhh” 

“Hold on tight” Arnav instructed them all “guard your heads”

Amidst the screams Geethu opened her side of the door and it dashed against a tree as they went sliding down. Her door went flying out of the hinges

“No, Geethu, its too risky to jump” Khushi warned her

“She is not jumping, she is making an escape route when we hit the water, otherwise the doors get jammed” Arnav explained, following Geethu’s idea and losing the other door too. 

Soon both the vehicles hit the water one after the other. 

The five were easily out as them swam to the bank, thanks to the open doors. As they helped each other up and checked that the girls were all fine, Arnav turned to Khushi. 

“you alright?”

She nodded at him and he immediately pulled her into a hug sighing in relief. The girls gawked awkwardly as the hug prolonged for a few minutes. Geethu diffused the awkward tension again

“Dude? Let her breathe” she said tapping on his back as they came apart, Arnav rolling his eyes on his friend

“I am sorry to break your cosy hug but if you haven’t already noticed, I just sunk your car in this lake, but we need to find a transport back to the city”

“You should get me a new damn car” he told her as they prepared to climb up the steep

“that’s all I get for saving your butt?” she asked as she started climbing up. 

The other two girls giggled. 

It was as if all was well again. But it wasn’t. They heard something whizzing by 

“What was it ?” Khushi was startled. At first Arnav didn’t realize as well. But Geethu was far too familiar with the sound and she called out urgently

“Duck! It’s a gun shot”

They all fell on their knees as another one whizzed by them. 

“Its coming from the lake”

“Bento” Arnav told them 

“oh, how I wish the fall killed him” Geethu muttered

It was dark already and they didn’t know from where he was aiming them. 

“we need shelter” 

“get behind the trees” they heard Geethu say

“where are you going?” Arnav asked as Geethu turned back. 

Another bullet shattered the bark next to them as they both ducked behind it. 

“He might be holding the 6 bullet revolver- we don’t have a weapon on us… we need to make him lose the bullets”

“what if he has more?”

“Let’s assume for my sanity sake that he is short of it”

“Geethu, don’t risk” Arnav said not willing to let her go

“and I thought you said I have to go back to the field?”

They heard another very close to where they were hiding and the girls screamed. 

“I see him” Geethu said. “On count of 3- lets go for him. Two of us- it will be difficult for him to aim, run zig zag, make it difficult for him to aim.”

"Alright"

"others, dont come out of your hiding place"

"Stop" Khushi called out but the two already dashed forward to the location from where Bento was shooting at them. Geethu’s plan worked. He was perplexed at first as they kicked and landed on him, but he had shot the bullet in a direction where they were coming from and it whizzed past them. 

Khushi panicked when she saw them rushing forward and came out of her hiding place. 

“Wait”

Tara had also noticed that Khushi was intending to follow them and Geethu had precisely asked them not to venture out, she reached out to Khushi

“No didi”

She pulled Khushi behind her as something hit her back. 

Arnav and Geethu both landed a kick on Bento, one of them kicking his gun and the other making him tumbling down the steep. 

It was then they heard the loud gasp and a shrill voice screaming “NO!”

As the two rushed towards the steep, they found Khushi and Tanu bending over a hurt Tara who was gasping for breath

“Help” Khushi said as Arnav came running to her “she got hit” Khushi whimpered "Because of me.. it was my fault"

"This is not your fault" he told her as he picked up the girl and put her on his shoulder, Geethu and others ran up the hilly steep to find a transport to take them to a nearby hospital. 

As they reached the road, they got some reprieve from the streetlight

Tara’s back was hit and she was semi-conscious. 

"You do the first aid" he told her as he laid the girl on the parapet

“Take off your shirt” Khushi asked Arnav as she examined the wound. “Its very close to her heart, I don’t know how critical it is…we need to take her to the hospital fast”

His shirt was already dripping not sure how this was going to help, he wringed the water out of it and handed it to her as she pressed the shirt against the wound at Tara’s back. 

As they desperately waited for help, Rajesh also called saying he was at the place which Geethu had messaged few hours back. Geethu instructed him on their current location.

The ambulance reached them after a painful wait of 20 minutes. As soon as the paramedics gave first aid to Tara and as she was shifted into the ambulance, Inspector Rajesh also arrived in his jeep, following Geethu’s instructions. Geethu had a quick chat with Rajesh in the meanwhile. 

Khushi went into the ambulance after Tara. Arnav was also about to go when Geethu said "no, wait" as she stopped Arnav from getting in

“You call us once your reach the hospital Khushi” Geethu said, holding Arnav’s hand. 

“What?” he said surprised. “why are you stopping me?”

“You have to be somewhere else” she said cryptically as Arnav swallowed in dread. 

Khushi flicked her eyes from Arnav to Geethu and bit her lips. Was it Anjali?

"Anjali?" she asked

"Yeah, you should get as soon as possible to get trauma care for Tara, we need to head to another hospital where Anjali is admitted"

" Is everything alright? " it was more of a plea, wanting to hear nothing was serious

"hopefully" Geethu said, avoiding Khushi's eyes. 

“Shall I go with my sister too?” Tanu asked.

“You be with me dear” Geethu said as she asked the paramedics to close the door. 

“Promise to call me once you see Anjali” Khushi told Arnav 

"Dont worry, I will come as soon as I can" Arnav assured her as the doors shut, and the ambulance left the place.

“what about Anjali?” he asked Geethu as soon as the vehicle left.

“She is critical- Head injury”

“Why didn’t you tell me before?” he asked in a devastated voice.

“We tried reaching you Arnav” Rajesh said “you didn’t pick up”

“Get in” Geethu told him as she also pulled Tanu into the jeep. 

“What happened to her? How critical?”

“you will soon know” was all Geethu could tell him. 

The two vehicles then rushed in different directions carrying hopes, prayers and desperate pleas that some miracle could intervene and save the lives of their loved ones. 

To be continued. 

Breathe in breathe out breathe in breathe out... I know it isnt a happy sort of update... and I felt that I sort of rushed it too... and I may have broken some of your hearts. Its tragedy in Arhi land now... But I promise you, things will turn out better in the coming updates, until we meet again, stay cheerful!

-Vi.

Edited by abavi - 2 years ago

Thank you so much for the update. Power packed, nail

Biting update. I was holding my breath till the end.

Hope both Anjali and Tara will be out of danger soon.

please update soon.

Happy and healthy 2022 !!!

Edited by binduk - 2 years ago

Happy new year...it's action n action...loved it. Too short but better than no update 

This is getting worse and worse. Now Khushi is in trouble too along with the girls.