Would an older actress and younger actor work in mainstream?

Posted: 2 years ago

"Now we are breaking up" has a lead pair where an actress is 10 years older than her opposite actor.It is well accepted by audience.
Would a similar age gap of 7-8 or more years between actors work in Bollywood?Whom would you like to see pair up together?

Jaya Bachchan and Ayush Sharma 

Originally posted by JackSparrowcraz

"Now we are breaking up" has a lead pair where an actress is 10 years older than her opposite actor.It is well accepted by audience.
Would a similar age gap of 7-8 or more years between actors work in Bollywood?Whom would you like to see pair up together?

Noona stories are very popular In the drama world. It's nothing new either. 

Also there is a age gap between the actors, it doesn't seem that they have such a age difference In the drama.

Originally posted by JackSparrowcraz

Noona stories are very popular In the drama world. It's nothing new either. 

Also there is a age gap between the actors, it doesn't seem that they have such a age difference In the drama.

Originally posted by bollyqueen0

Jaya Bachchan and Ayush Sharma 

As grandmom and grandson, right?Image

I've mentioned some of these before but...

Rekha (born 1954) and Hrithik (born 1974) are only 20 years apart... yet she's often played his grandmother.

Hrithik roshan, Bollywood, Birthday bash

But we easily accept the 21 year age gap of SRK (born 1965) + Deepika (1986), or Amitabh (born 1942) + Sridevi (born 1963).

Sridevi: Amitabh Bachchan with Sridevi and Jaya Prada in Aakhree Rasta  (1986)

Some of you will laugh or even feel sick at the thought of Rekha and Hrithik together because society is so deeply entrenched in patriarchy, I myself admit, it does feel somewhat "odd" to have paired them up like this, so yikes to me.

I would actually love to see Madhuri and Hrithik together romantically... only 7 year age gap... come on Bollywood!! 

Madhuri is one of the most gorgeous women: Hrithik Roshan

I think Desi audience are brutal to woman but in an Indian TV show Anupama the FL is like 5 years older than the ML (Gaurav Khanna) And their pairing is a hit currently. I think even in bollywood such pairings can get accepted if the movie content is eye catching. It all depends.

Yes. Rani and Shahid in Dil bole Hadippa!

Ranbir and Aishwarya looked great together in ADHM.