Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Q. Why does world not recognise bollywood like kpop/kdramas? - Page 8

YourCat thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

xenophobia 

It is an expression of perceived conflict between an ingroup and an outgroup and may manifest in suspicion by the one of the other's activities, a desire to eliminate their presence, and fear of losing national, ethnic, or racial identity.

What? Well I dont have much expectations from kpop fans but then try to at least understand the "context" of the words you so desperately want to bash others with. 

People are talking abt culture because the topic maker talk about how kpop, kdramas are popular because they are promoting their culture? At least read what the topic is about? 

Just because you dont like orange, that doesnt mean you are saying all orange trees should be cut, they have no right to exist and are inferior... 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Daechwita

That's not it ....Kpop groups had been trying to break into US for a while in US(even before Gangnam style went viral)  and none of it got attention till BTS blew up and US radio stations still refuse to play fully Korean songs.

The idea had cropped into my head when thinking about cars.

E.g. South Korean (Kia, Hyundai), German (Audi, BMW, VW, Merc,..), Japanese (Subaru, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Honda/Acura, Toyota/Lexus, Nissan/Infiniti,.. falaana dhimkaana) brands have a strong presence in US.

Coincidentally, US has airbases in all these countries!!! 

I extrapolated this to other businesses including in entertainment industry. 

The countries close to US (e.g. Taiwan v/s China) have it easier to access this huge and influential market. And it does have a cascading effect the world over. 

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Mahisa_22

How is that any better from being racist towards others? Racist is racism, be it towards one's own or others. 

Also, they call very racist names to their people who look Southeast Asian, so that argument doesn't really stand. πŸ˜†

Calling an entire country racist based on a few internet trolls ain't right. Also, jaani, jinke ghar kaanch ke hote hain unhein basement mein kapde badalna chahiye. πŸ˜†

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: tapori

Calling an entire country racist based on a few internet trolls ain't right. Also, jaani, jinke ghar kaanch ke hote hain unhein basement mein kapde badalna chahiye. πŸ˜†

I don't think humare ghar kaanch ka hai. Agar humare kaanch wale hai to unke khule nursery hai. πŸ˜†

MayaSarabhai thumbnail

May be because Bollywood reputation got stuck in the dancing around the trees stereotype. 🀷

I met a Russian lady once while traveling and we were talking about movies and I told her that there are some really good Bollywood movies too. She gave me a 'oh really' look. πŸ˜‘πŸ˜’ 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: tapori

I have some insight. Some of them look down upon Indians for eating with our hands. And feel our food smells (I mean have you even smelled kimchi πŸ˜†). 

But at least they aren't racist towards their own countrymen!

Desis are racists towards their own countrymen and others too

But for some strange reason the former is rarely called out nd not seen as problematic behavior at all by the outragers

sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

There is no country on this planet which do not practice racism, only matter in degrees high, medium or low. I know South Koreans are racist and close minded society very few who are not in my experience. 

TaeKook_BTS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Ok so let me share my story...For me, entertainment means always Bollywood........I have passed my free time on Indian serials and Movies.... Then this year i saw a clip of K drama(Goblin) on FB...So I have watched this amazing drama like crazy.....Then i met BTS and my whole life just changed......I don't even realize when i have become so crazy for them.....now nothing just excites me except BTS... These Seven boys have just made me crazy...their quality is just amazing.... How i wish i met them earlier......The only reason i still come to this forum is Kat's wedding as i have some soft place for her.....I want too see her happy...May Allah bless her with true happiness...... I don’t follow Kpop or Kdrama industry but just BTS and i find them extraordinary and by seeing them i could actually figure out,Kpop or Kdrama must be very good or there won't be so many fans crazy for them.

Edited by TaeKook_BTS - 2 years ago
VintageWine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

I never got the fascination of kpop and kdrama. 

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I do not care for Kdramas or Kpop. I do not understand the fascination of watching something without understanding a single word of it. Korean culture is very homogeneous. They are extremely racist towards foreigners specially non whites. So I cannot respect culture of such a country.