Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by: Lalakhun1

not sure why you think that, i have my preferences of what i like or dont .. 

What do you think of this statement below that you typed?

“I am actually surprised with that face how could they even be popular especially the guys.”

YourCat thumbnail
Originally posted by: Chameli_billi

“I am actually surprised with that face how could they even be popular especially the guys.”

it could be as simple as not good looking like Abhishek, not good looking? Like people going for plastic surgery because they dont find themselves good looking? Not to say that ridiculous hair colour or style 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

The poster is just saying their ugly lol

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

The poster is just saying their ugly lol

An entire race is ugly? That’s textbook racism. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

In the context of what was said it sounded like they were just referring to Kpop singers 

YourCat thumbnail

not entire race is popular, BTS for example are popular and girls drools over their oppa 

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Lalakhun1

Kpop seems like they are wearing western clothes? K dramas I havent watched like for more than 10 years, the innocent / cute act are very annoying, also I used to read how they say in real life korean people are not even like that ?

I am actually surprised with that face how could they even be popular especially the guys. 

Also I might be different, but I am not interested in culture other than my own, especially if I am not understanding the language, i will not bother watching or listening to the songs. 

@Bold: have you watched Bollywood movies?😆 Or seen what they wear in any of the big Indian cities? 

@Blue: have you watched Bollywood movies?smiley36 You've just described their idea of a perfect woman.

@Green: Will buy your explanation it wasn't meant to be racist, but man! If someone said that about a Bollywood movie, I doubt you (or anyone else here) would be sanguine. But apparently, being racist against East Asians is not racism!

@Red: Bud, it's one thing to say I can't relate or I don't want to read subtitles. Most peeps will shrug and say your loss. Or even to say you're not into Korean or East Asian cultures or xyz culture. The way you're wording it makes it sound like you think it's a virtue not to be interested in anything other than your own subculture in India. It isn't. It's not a vice, but it is narrow-minded and nothing to be proud of. In fact, a reader might even think you sound like the Indian version of PewDiePie.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
BlackWitch thumbnail

Man, this topic escalated fast 🤭 

I am attracted to Indian men and those who have tanned complexions. If they have light eyes (especially amber) I am floored. In women, being heterosexual, I am not attracted to most, but I strangely find redheads with light eyes very appealing. That’s called a preference.

But just because I am not into Korean guys, I can’t classify the whole race as unattractive. For example, I can’t deny this guy is soo incredibly handsome  Look at those cheekbones 😱 Do I desire him? No. But I could look at him whole day and not get tired. 

I won’t say Bollywood isn’t popular. It’s quite popular across cultures and Bollywood has been making some really good movies in the last decade.

K-dramas work because there is a romance hungry audience that wants a slow burn, the dream of destiny and a wholesome romance. Indian TV serials just cannot match up and Bollywood hasn’t quite got the formula right for a wholesome romance. 

For me, K dramas run too long episodically. One episode lasts for more than an hour and I simply don’t have the patience  I prefer shorter episodes of Indian TV, but don’t like the content in today’s regressive Indian shows at all.

I won’t comment on the singing or bands because I never followed their work. 

But I would say that Bollywood has its own popularity and fan base abroad. They are just differently popular.

elim thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

What's so special about kdramas? All mainstream kdramas have same story line .love triangle , grumpy rich male lead , warm lovable 2nd lead and bubbly average looking female lead . from Boys over flower to true beauty same plot . Actual good dramas don't get the recognition . Squid games got lucky as it was a Netflix series.

Digitallove thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The Entire k-pop music is a derivative of western music. The singing style everything. So it's much easier for a western audience to connect. Indian music( not recently) has always been very Indian. Bollywood also never tried to appeal to western audience while the whole k-pop and kdrama industry gets a lot of government support.