Thank you so much 😊

Eagerly waiting for the next update🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Update will come in a couple hours. Stay tuned😊

Preet ♥️

rishbala3018 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

Chapter 2

As Anokhi waited in the queue with her mother, one of her old class teachers, Mrs. Kakkar, came up and started talking to Rama.

"Hi there Mrs.Bhalla, how are you?? How are you, Anokhi beta??" Mrs. Kakkar greeted them both. 

"We are doing well Mam, how are you??" Rama replied politely. 

"Hello Mam! How are you??" Anokhi greeted her. 

"You must be very happy with Anokhi’s results, I heard she did quite well in board exams." 

"Yes Mam, she did her best and I'm very happy with her. Now she is just excited to choose her new course and here we are registering!!"

"I must say you are a great mother, all your kids are so well behaved and nice! Your older daughter Babli was also my student and now your son Raja is also in my class...all three of them are so good, never get in any trouble unlike some others in their batch, you raised them so well." Mrs. Kakkar complimented. 

Extremely happy with the compliment, Rama looked at Anokhi proudly! "Thank you so much Mam, it means a lot!!"

"No problem, I'm only telling the truth!!" 

Then she turned towards Anokhi and asked "By the way, Anokhi, which subjects are you choosing? This year the school is offering new options, you know?"

"Yes Mam I know...I'm taking Commerce with maths mam just like Babli Di, I also…." 

But before she could finish what she was saying Mrs. Kakkar cut her off saying "No no beta you should go for Commerce with Computer Science, this is being offered this year for the first time and it is a very good opportunity for you, most kids do computer courses after school but you are getting a chance to do it in school itself, this is a very good opportunity and you must not miss it! Computer industry is getting very popular nowadays and for a bright student like you this is a perfect opportunity."

A/N This story is set in the late 90s, when the boom of the Computer industry had just begun. It's an era before all the Smartphones and WhatsApp and all. Do keep this info in mind for future chapters as well. 

Sensing Anokhi’s unhappiness Rama tried to take control of the situation. "It's okay mam, she is very excited about taking maths as she really loves it and if later she wishes, she can do computers as well after school! No problem."

Anokhi sighed with happiness as her mother took her side and understood her.

But Mrs.Kakkar was adamant. "Yes I know you are right, she can do it after school but if she does it now she will already have 2 years of experience in the field and it will help her alot in future. This industry is booming greatly and will have lots of perspectives by the time they get ready for jobs."

Anokhi and Rama looked at eachother thinking what to do as the teacher was 

really insisting on computer science and was not budging from her position.

After a lot of back and forth discussion on it Anokhi gave up and said  "Ok Mam if you really think this is what I should do then I'll go ahead and sign up for Commerce with Computer science."

She was really sad but couldn't say NO to her teacher who has always been so loving and caring and saying all this for the benefit of her future. 

Anokhi signed up for Commerce with Computer Science and left for home with her mother! 

The whole way home she did not say anything to her mother and was very 

sad and upset at how the day turned out!!

Rama tried consoling Anokhi saying "Why don't you give it a try and if you don't like it, then I will come and talk to school authorities to let you change and take maths." 

"No Mumma, I don't think it will be that easy and if mam found out she will feel bad." She sadly replied. 

"But beta you are not happy and it's your decision, you should do what you wanna do…" Rama tried convincing her. 

It's okay Mumma let it be!!"  Anokhi said dejectedly.

School was starting one week later so Anokhi tried to cheer herself thinking 'Anu  puttar U ALWAYS SAY EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON so maybe there is something good hidden behind it...just have faith and wait patiently! You can't do anything about it anyway, so why mope around the house and upset everyone else as well, especially Mumma! You need to cheer her up too.' She got up, put a smile on her face and headed to her Mom's boutique which was 5 mins walk from their house.

She reached there and cheerfully asked "Hi Mumma! Is my suit ready?? I will need it for school on monday!"

"Yes Anokhi dear, it's getting ready!" The tailor master replied casually. 

"Masterji, are you still working on it? Ok then please make sure the neck and back are not too deep, you know like the last suit you made for me and later had to shorten the length to make it less deep." She said while giving him a frowning pouty face.

"Yes yes, I remember very well" He smiled and said "won't make the same mistake again!"

"Great masterji! Oh and one more thing masterji...i will also need a slip to wear under the suit, please get that ready as well."

"Okay beta, sure."

Anokhi thought to herself! 'I don't understand why the school management couldn't come up with a nice dark color for the school dress? Why did they have to choose white suit for us?? Everytime you sweat in this awful summer of Delhi it becomes a see-through suit, free show for the boys. I hate it when boys get all nuts looking at girls back and give them dirty looks. That's why I must have the slip to wear underneath.'

"Anyway Mumma, what are you doing?? Why are you hemming these suits? It's not your work, let the tailors do it!! Look at your fingers Mumma, leave it now, please masterji don't let Mumma do all this!

"Its ok beta I'm sitting free here and if I do it more work will be done faster!" Rama replied. 

"No means no Mumma. If one less suit gets ready it won't make much difference, taking care of yourself is more important. Let's go home and have dinner, I'm very hungry!!" She took her hand in her hand and made her stand up. 

"Masterji, please close the shop and leave the keys at home on your way!!" She instructed. 

Anokhi was very close to her mother from childhood and loved her a lot.

Days passed and finally it was the night before 1st day of class 11th! Anokhi braced herself and prayed before going to bed for her new career! She thanked god for giving her a happy life and told herself whatever he has chosen for her will be for her good!!

She reached school, met all her friends near the notice board where all were looking for their class room numbers. She got surprised when she noticed her best friend Reema was also in her class even though she had chosen Commerce with Hindi! 

She looked at Reema with surprise and excitement and asked "How did this happen?"

Reema replied with the same excitement "Who cares Anokhi? I am just glad we are in the same class, thank god it's such a big relief!"

Anokhi happily hugged her and they both headed towards their new class!

On the way Anokhi and Reema were talking happily and suddenly Anokhi collided with someone and her bag and his books fell down. 

She immediately started picking them up while apologizing "I AM SO SORRY I WASN'T LOOKING" without even looking at the person as she was busy picking up his books and her bag. 

"It's okay, first day right, very excited haina??" Came a calm reply. 

She heard him and looked up, smiled at him while nodding in a yes to his question and handed over his books. She once again apologized and left from there with Reema.

"Anokhi yaar he is sooo handsome!" Reema said dreamily.

"Who??" Anokhi asked obliviously. 

"You just banged into him and now you are asking me who??" Reema asked incredulously. 

"Don't be silly Reema, you know I don't like all this, anyway we are not here for all this...just concentrate on your studies or I'll tell aunty about all this and all your masti will be gone, understand?" Anokhi said firmly.

"Yaar you are so mean sometimes, killjoy!" Reema said with a frown on her face. 

Anokhi smiled and said "Chalein ab madam!!"

Unknown to both the friends, someone was observing them keenly. 

A smile made its way to his face seeing Anokhi’s innocent smile!!

Hope you all liked and enjoyed reading it. 

Do let me know your thoughts😊

Looking forward to hearing from you all. 

Take Care and Stay Safe.

Love Preet ❤

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/157099278

Edited by rishbala3018 - 2 years ago
Ubhi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Oohh..hlo g..

Myself jasleen..

Plz jaldi jaldi next part upload krdijiya ga..

Plz..

It felt cool reading Rama's children (Including og brat Raja 🤪) are nice peeps. When you stated the story is set in the 90's, I instantly felt excited. With no phones & other easy methods of communication but the next minute, I remembered 'Yeh un dinon ki baat hai' on Sony tv, the classic show. Did you get the idea from there? To make this plot based on the 90's? 

Anyway.. The last takrana was solid 🤗 Ofc it had to be Shaurya right? (Not Ahir? 😆 Though I've no problem with him 😂) Excited to read further..

anjalivaswani thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Update soon.. that someone is shaurya the school boy or the teacher

rishbala3018 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ubhi

Oohh..hlo g..

Myself jasleen..

Hello Jasleen, I'm Preet😊

Plz jaldi jaldi next part upload krdijiya ga..

Plz..

🤣🤣 Aaj hi to upload kiya. Next chapter likh to luin😆

Aur ye to batao ye 2 chapters kaise lage??

rishbala3018 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Coffee_Chips

It felt cool reading Rama's children (Including og brat Raja 🤪) are nice peeps.

😊😊

When you stated the story is set in the 90's, I instantly felt excited. With no phones & other easy methods of communication

Exactly,  nowadays it's so easy to stay in touch, there are no hardships. I wanted to explore those 😊

but the next minute, I remembered 'Yeh un dinon ki baat hai' on Sony tv, the classic show. Did you get the idea from there? To make this plot based on the 90's? 

I haven't seen this show so the plot isn't based on that. But you know I myself am from that 90s era so made the plot myself😛😛🥰🥰

Anyway.. The last takrana was solid 🤗 

Thank you, though it's a typical filmy meet😆but I thought why not😆

Ofc it had to be Shaurya right? (Not Ahir? 😆 Though I've no problem with him 😂)

You have to wait and read further to find out😉😉

Excited to read further..

Great 👍 Stay tuned😊

Thanks for taking out the time to read and comment. 

Love Preet ♥️

rishbala3018 thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjalivaswani

Update soon.. that someone is shaurya the school boy or the teacher

Wait and read further to find out😉😉

Preet ♥️

RainOfDew thumbnail

Read both the parts

Awesome storyline