Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Endless_sky thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Lovely update,

Raghav Rao does not wait. It will be interesting to see how this plays out as Pallavi is planning on running away from raghav and marry someone else and he is ready to law her his

JalebiJane thumbnail

EPISODE 29

Our Heroine was parking the scooter at Deshmukh Niwas when her phone rang. She expected it was Aayi calling to ask when she would be home. To which Pallavi would now have the pleasure of saying that she was standing right outside the front door waiting for her to open it.

However—as she lifted the phone from her purse, the screen showed her it was Raghav Rao. Her heart thumped unevenly in her chest. Commanding her voice to appear equanimous, she connected the call, and said, “Mr Rao?”

It was not Raghav Rao.

Kirti’s voice came through. “Sorry, Didi—it’s me. Kirti. I’m borrowing my brother’s phone.”

“Hi. Is everything ok?” she asked, silently admonishing herself for finding Kirti’s voice a disappointment.

Kirti continued, “We wanted to tell you that Amma’s surgery was a success.”

Pallavi sighed with gratification. “I’m so pleased. Thank you for letting me know.”

“Thank you—really!—thank you for the way you rushed to the hospital when you learnt that we needed blood. I’ll never forget that,” Kirti said.

“I was glad to help.”

“I’m staying at my brother’s until Amma is well. But I’ll come to the shop to see you and Krishna in the next few days. Bye for now.” With that Kirti rang off.

Her mind reflecting on the events of the morning made Pallavi somewhat deaf to the noise coming from within the house. As she stepped through the doors, she saw that the main hall was full of Deshmukhs and Chettys. They were in a state of merriment, speaking in excited tones. They were arguing in a good-natured manner whether Marathi traditions should rule the wedding—or should it be Telugu-style.

She called out decisively from the door, “The bride is Marathi and so must the wedding be.”

All faces turned to meet her and the Deshmukhs cried out jubilantly.

A man she didn’t recognize said boldly, “Rahul will be acquiescing to Mansi’s demands for seven lifetimes—so at least allow him this one final wish.”

To this Rahul protested, “Wait! What? Acquiescing for seven lifetimes—!?”     

Mansi caught Pallavi’s arm and pulled her into the room. “Come and meet Rahul’s cousin, Rakesh, from London.”

Pallavi greeted the man who had spoken earlier. “Hello Rakesh-from-London,” she chimed.

He held her eyes and said, “Hi, Pallavi. You are even more beautiful in person.”

Unaccustomed to such a direct compliment from a man, Pallavi blushed and was speechless.  

Rakesh continued, “I’m sorry. I’ve embarrassed you. I saw you in the engagement video Rahul forwarded.”

“You London boys are very fast,” Mansi teased.

Rakesh responded to Mansi and fortunately the attention lifted from her.

Asha Chetty was standing not far from them. Pallavi offered her a smile but Asha turned away without acknowledging her. It was a clear rebuff—and all Pallavi could attribute it to was their accidental meeting yesterday at Koffee Kahani. Had Asha considered the situation improper?

The Chettys did not stay long. But before they left, Rakesh asked Pallavi if he could come by DSE tomorrow. He wanted to purchase some sarees for gifts, he said—and begged her guidance. 

Later as she was preparing for bed, Aayi entered her room.

“That Rakesh boy is handsome, isn’t he?” Aayi ventured.

Pallavi was seated at the dresssing table running a hairbrush through her hair. She remarked, “He’s certainly forward.”

Aayi took the hairbrush out of Pallavi’s hands and took on the task. “He paid a great deal of attention to you. What was he speaking to you about at the end when they were at the door?”

Pallavi shrugged, “He wants to buys some sarees. Said he would come to the shop tomorrow.”

“That sounds like an excuse to see you,” Aayi beamed.

“Or to buy a dozen sarees for his dozen English girlfriends at a greatly discounted price,” Pallavi laughed, meeting Aayi’s eyes in the mirror.

Aayi ignored her remark, and said, “Say the word and I’ll speak to Ashaji.”

“Two weddings for the price of one?” Pallavi continued in this jokey vein.

“I’m being perfectly serious, Pallavi.”

“I know, Aayi.”

“You must marry someday.”

“I know, Aayi.”

“And the longer you wait the more difficult it will be.”

“I know, Aayi”

Aayi was so accustomed to having Pallavi reject her instigations on the subject of her remarrying that it took a moment for her to realize that Pallavi had agreed to her last three statements. She caught her by the shoulders and asked, her tone incredulous, “You agree?”

Pallavi allowed her head to fall back onto Aayi’s bosom, and said, “Yes. I’m ready to meet suitors.”

Aayi’s throat made a sound of happiness, and Pallavi saw that her eyes moistened with tears.

“But not until after Mansi’s wedding—and not until after the family is informed about Mandhar. All of that must be settled first. When I meet a potential suitor, I want to meet him as a woman who had an unfortunate experience—not as Mandhar’s widow.” 

virmantaarey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Wow what a day ... two update from you ... many bts from mhrw ... 

I'm loving it today .... 

So pallu is ready for marriage but not until after mansi's wedding, I hope by then raghav will make his intentions clear to her ... 

Thank you for the updates, you might not know but these updates are a few minutes from the horror of the world around me... it help me take my mind off serious things ... 

So thank you very much for this story in this uncertain times ❤️❤️❤️

JalebiJane thumbnail

Originally posted by: virmantaarey

Wow what a day ... two update from you ... many bts from mhrw ... 

I'm loving it today .... 

So pallu is ready for marriage but not until after mansi's wedding, I hope by then raghav will make his intentions clear to her ... 

Thank you for the updates, you might not know but these updates are a few minutes from the horror of the world around me... it help me take my mind off serious things ... 

So thank you very much for this story in this uncertain times ❤️❤️❤️

Thank you, Sister.

I confess, I'm also using my writing to divert myself so I'll keep off my phone and not keep refreshing the various newsfeeds I follow. As a person of Indian origin who doesn't live in India, I feel so helpless. And impotent.

JalebiJane thumbnail

Originally posted by: Endless_sky

Lovely update,

Raghav Rao does not wait. It will be interesting to see how this plays out as Pallavi is planning on running away from raghav and marry someone else and he is ready to law her his

Pleased you are enjoying the tale. It's getting very interesting for me as a writer now that Pallavi has realized what she wants and he has realized whom he wants---let's see how it all unfolds.

JalebiJane thumbnail

Originally posted by: virmantaarey

'I want her.'

'...he recognized her as one who had become to him a necessity.'

'She's not a Deshmukh.'

'Free to be mine.'

I keep reading these lines again and again and I can't believe how much more accepting Raghav is being of his feelings. When I waited for Raghav's POV I never expected this, my mind is blown. Kudos to you for this update, I can't wait to see how Pallavi is gonna take Raghav Rao wanting to make her his. 😄😄😄

This is why I prefer to wait until I'm close to a declaration before introducing the hero's POV. I enjoy not knowing how he feels until this stage when he has admitted it to himself :-) 

JalebiJane thumbnail

Originally posted by: ReemShah

"I want her, She's not a Deshmukh,Free to be mine" these one liners by Raghav shows his possesive side.

She had become an indispensable person for him. I am quite sure wheels are turning in Raghav's head regarding Pallavi being a widow- because it is not often when a person says- they poisoned their partner- that too that freely.

I kind of really wanted a little more description of the time he went to Pallavi's house and how he felt there because I think that is one of the first times they have been close to each other leaving the club incident....that reminds me did Pallavi return the jacket yet?🤔

I loved Raghav's point of view and what about Mrs.Raje--i am thinking she might be connected to Pallavi( I am telling this now because I read the whole FF again)

Oh! Sister! Forgot about the linen jacket. Will have to use that as a prop in a future scenario. Thank you for the reminder. You're officially my beta reader. hehe

JalebiJane thumbnail

Originally posted by: Haal-e-Dil

Why Raghav isn't satisfied with "she is a widow" truth, what exactly he's looking for to know that she's free to be his? 

I suspect that because Raghav sees that Pallavi is not behaving like a grieving widow, there might be something more to the story than she is revealing. A real widow would not say "I poisoned my husband." Hence, Raghav's doubts.

JalebiJane thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnjuRish

I need to know of she's free tone mine - epic line 

Waiting to see if he will woo her or bull doze her into it 

So something will unravel at that birthday party he will go to about pallu past due to the ring kya ?

Yes, there is still the birthday party to attend in Mumbai!

I'm looking forward to writing that episode.

virmantaarey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JalebiJane

Thank you, Sister.

I confess, I'm also using my writing to divert myself so I'll keep off my phone and not keep refreshing the various newsfeeds I follow. As a person of Indian origin who doesn't live in India, I feel so helpless. And impotent.

It's okay dude, don't be too hard on yourself. Even though I live in india I'm still useless to do anything so don't feel guilty the circumstances is such that we can only watch and pray for a better day!