Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NishitaRahman thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

wow awesome part.part ki liye bohot sukriya.love the part.armaan ridzy ko miss karraye hai. armaan and nikhi scene is beautiful.nani and armaan conversation is nice.armaan ka surprise sunke bohot accha laga.armaan is caring.beautiful outstanding story.pls post asap.eagerly waiting for next part😘😍❤️

Javeriasami80 thumbnail

Next lab Tak update hoga part wait nahi ho Raha please jaldi update karden

harshil123 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Please update soon 

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Previously On...

Armaan has dinner with Nani. They talk about Smriti Maa.

Chapter 104

The rest of the week passed by in a blur. Armaan got busy with the surprise he was planning for Riddhima and hanging out with their friends, and she was busy with the long hours she kept at the induction ceremony and then spending time with her other set of parents. That is to say, the two of them didn't get much time to speak to each other over the week, and somehow, it was fine. 

When Riddhima boarded the plane to Delhi, she was afraid that spending less time with Armaan would affect their relationship badly. But in the week they'd been apart, she'd discovered that not spending every minute with him made the little time they did get together even more special. They hadn't had time for long phone calls or Skype sessions, but they did make it a point to talk to each other for a few minutes everyday. And despite not having enough time to actually talk about something in detail, thus having to be happy with a little small talk, she found out that it wasn't awkward with Armaan, the way it was with others. 

She didn't cringe when they spoke about things like the weather, or what they'd had for dinner the previous night. In fact, she even laughed at Armaan's descriptions of the silly, mundane things he'd gotten up to in her absence. 

She still felt a part of his life, and he was very much still a part of hers, exactly in the way they'd been when they were together all day long. While this was a different thing altogether, it gave her hope that once she was back in Mumbai, things would remain the same. It wouldn't get awkward or strenuous. Their relationship would continue to flourish in the same way. 

Riddhima had never been too equipped with change. It had taken so long to realize her feelings for Armaan, and then to acknowledge them, and even longer to admit to herself and Armaan, that this was it, that this feeling would never go away and he was it and she wanted him forever. All of it because she’d been so scared. But, she’d finally done it and after all the ups and downs this choice had brought her, Riddhima had finally been a place where she was completely secure in her relationship with Armaan when suddenly they were going their separate ways, in a manner of speaking. And she was scared once again. It had taken her almost 3 years to get where she was - completely happy and assured - in her relationship, and now, she’d have to adjust again.

It was not easy, not something she’d ever wanted. She’d thought that her & Armaan would always stay like this - always be the best team at Sanjeevani. But, she’d also always known that though they worked phenomenally together, they both had very varied interests. She’d  always wanted to be a gynaecologist and he’d always been more keen towards neurology and cardiology. She’d known that he’d choose one of those in the long run. It hadn’t been a surprise when he had. 

She could’ve chosen the same field as him, had she wanted, or maybe persuaded him to choose hers, but that was not what she wanted. Neither of them would have been happy with their professional life if they did that. And she could not make herself, or worse, Armaan, compromise in such a way. So, she’d chosen her field and he’d chosen his, and suddenly, everything was different. She went from spending almost her entire day with Armaan to barely seeing him. 

It had been so difficult to adjust, and though she didn’t talk about it, she knew that Armaan knew. He’d tried to make things easier in any way he could. But, before this week, nothing had reassured her much. She didn’t know why. Maybe it was listening to Mom & Dad keep talking about how much Armaan had changed, how happier he was since she came into his life. Maybe it was the little things he said while they talked - how he missed her, how he’d hoarde stories for her because he thought she’d like them. Maybe it was Mumma telling her about how Armaan had visited them in the time she hadn’t been around just to hang out. Maybe it was because distance really did the heart grow fonder. Whatever it was, she was just happy things were looking up now. 

It wasn't all perfect. It wasn't like someone had waved a magic wand and now Riddhima had no fears, that she was as well adjusted to this new routine as she had been to the old one, no. But it was a start. For the first time, this difference wasn't crippling her, wasn't making her second guess everything. It was just the start. But she knew that now that she'd started, she wouldn't back down. She'd reach a stage where she would be as secure in her place in Armaan's life as she had been before. 

"You're chipper," Rahul commented, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "Excited to go back?"

They were at the airport, waiting to board their flight. Both Mom & Dad come to drop them off, and while Riddhima was sad to be parted from them, she was extremely happy to go back home. Back to her friends, her family, her job. Her Armaan. 

“Obviously,” she replied.

“Me too. But, I’m sorta gonna miss this,” he told her, squeezing her tight. “Just you and me. Like the old times.”

And that was true. Before, in London, where she had had no one but Rahul at first, and when she was hesitant to open up in front of her other friends unlike with Rahul, and even later, when they were all good friends but Rahul was still her best friend, it had been the two of them. 

The two of them against the world, Rahul liked to joke. Now, they were back home and they had all their friends and she had Armaan and he had Muskaan, and in the midst of it all, there was never enough time to be Rahul & Riddhima, the way they had been before they’d come back home. Riddhima was so grateful for everyone and especially Armaan, but at times she did miss Rahul. There was just something about having spent the most difficult months of her life with Rahul that made him privy to her and her emotions in a way no one else was, not even Armaan. There were days when all she wanted was to hug Rahul and watch some trashy movie, or go out with him for some ice-cream, or even a walk around the neighbourhood, the way they did in London, but they were both so busy and it hadn’t happened. But, being in Delhi had given them that time. They’d made good use of it too. Riddhima was so glad that Rahul had come with her because as much as she’d missed Armaan, as scared as she’d been about everything, she would never trade these few days with Rahul for anything.

She just hoped that once they were back home, they would continue to make time for each other like this. 

"Rahul, waapas jaane ke baad, I don't want ki hum phirse sabke beech yeh bhool jaayein. Promise kar we'll keep hanging out like this," she demanded. 

Rahul chuckled and hugged his best friend. "I promise. I don't want to go so long without this either."

"Good," Riddhima muttered. "I really missed it."

Rahul just hugged her tighter, not saying anything. But he didn't have to. They both knew how much they'd missed the other. 

"Soooo, it's Valentine's," Rahul drawled as they sat on the plane. "What plans?"

"Armaan mujhe kabhi yeh sab batata hai kya?" She muttered. "Jab bhi poocho bas ek jawab hota hai uske paas… 'Surprise hai, Basket!'" 

Rahul laughed. "I'm sure usne kuch ajeeb sa hi plan kiya hoga. You two will have fun!"

Riddhima shrugged. As long as she was with Armaan, she knew she'd have fun. They could just sit at home doing nothing and it would be okay. Well, it would be okay today, because she'd missed him so much and couldn't wait to see him. 

"Tu bata mujhe," she demanded, looping an arm around his and getting comfortable with her head on his shoulder, "tune kya plan kiya hai Muskaan ke liye?"

"Main tere fiance jaisa creative toh hoon nahi, sadly, so I think I'll just cook for her and spend time with her. Aur uske liye woh shoes liye the na, 2 ghante dhoondke, woh usse present mein de doonga. She'll love it," he explained. 

"That's so cute, Rahul! Muski ko tere haath ka khana bohot pasand hai. She'll absolutely love, love, love it!" Riddhima promised. 

"Hopefully," Rahul agreed. "Ahhh! Mujhe kabhi kabhi lagta hai inn sab cheezon ke liye Armaan se classes leni chahiye. He always has such out of the box ideas every time."

"You do well on your own, Rahul. I know for a fact that Muskaan loves the time she spends with you. Tujhe woh kuch nahi kehti, lekin mujhe toh batati haina. Trust me, she's very happy. Aur waise bhi… yeh sab kuch matter nahi karta. It's the thought that counts. And you're very thoughtful yeh jaan'ne ke liye toh mujhe Muski se poochne ki bhi koi zaroorat nahi hai," Riddhima assured him. 

"If you say so," he murmured. 

"I do. Ab itna mat soch. Just have fun with Muski. I know tune usse bohot miss kar raha hai," she instructed. 

"Aye, aye, cap'n!" Rahul joked. His best friend was the absolute best and he was so grateful for her, every single day. He didn't even want to imagine what his life would be like without her in it. She was such a great friend but she was an even greater person in her own right. He was awed by her everyday and thankful that she chose to let him be a part of her life. Ever since that first day at Sanjeevani, when he'd developed that frankly very ridiculous starry eyed crush on her, he'd never regretted knowing her and was grateful that she felt the same. 

Riddhima dressed in a pretty red salwar kameez for the evening. Armaan was supposed to pick her up from the airport itself, but he'd gotten roped into assisting Dr. Shubhankar in an important surgery and hadn't been able to get away. So, now the two of them were meeting at a restaurant that Armaan said was really amazing. He wouldn't even be picking her up because it would take too long as the restaurant was closer to the hospital, and he wanted to stick around for a while to make sure the post-op care was done properly. It made more sense to meet directly at the restaurant and while Riddhima understood that in theory, she was still mad that she hadn't seen Armaan yet. 

Be as it may, she would not let anything ruin today. She would see Armaan after a week apart, and she was determined to be happy about the fact that they were back in the same place together. Nothing else mattered for tonight. 

Which is how she found herself arriving at the restaurant earlier than they'd decided on without an Armaan by her side. It suddenly felt so reminiscent of their official first date that she couldn't help but laugh. She couldn’t believe how nervous she’d been then, so doe-eyed and conscious of herself and their new relationship. Looking back, it seemed funny that she was ever intimidated by Armaan, but then, he’d seemed so larger than life, so much more experienced than she was, in everything, but especially when it came to relationships, and she hadn’t been able to help herself. Now, she knew her fiance was just one huge dork who fancied himself as a smooth, suave ladykiller, when in fact, he’d just gotten lucky most of the time. Well, she wouldn’t have him any other way, though. 

“You’re early,” Armaan’s voice accused, as arms wrapped around her, bringing her out of her thoughts. Riddhima grinned brightly and turned around, hugging him tightly and burying her face in his neck. With Armaan’s perfume surrounding her, their arms around each other, she finally felt at home.

“I missed you,” she murmured into his skin, making him hold her tighter.

“Main hoon hi itna amazing! Of course, you missed me!” He joked, making Riddhima whack his back.

“Basketttt! I missed you itna saara! Pata hai, tumhaare bina na main bilkul bore ho gaya tha!” He whined. “Next time toh main Gabbar se ladke tumhaare saath aane ke liye chutti le hi loonga.”

Riddhima just laughed, not knowing what to say. She was just so happy to be back with him and there weren’t enough words to express just how much. 

When they were seated, Riddhima insisted Armaan sit across from her this time, instead of sitting beside her like he always did because she’d missed him and needed to look at him some more. Armaan only cackled and teased her, saying his cheesiness was rubbing off on her.

They took longer to get done with dinner than was normal for them, because there was so much to catch the other up on. Armaan mainly spent his time whining about how Muskaan had decided to move in with him for the week for the heck of it and how she made him watch a different Bollywood movie every night. And of course, how Nikki made him drive all the way over to her house at 2 in the night once, just because she was craving ice-cream but didn’t want Abhi to leave the house to go get it. But, he also told her about everything that went down at the Guptas’ recently, what with Nishank Chachu falling sick and Papa making 2 trips to Pune just within the week. 

In turn, Riddhima told him about all the shopping trips Mom took her out to, and how Dad insisted on spending an exorbitant amount of money to buy anything and everything that she just laid eyes on. She told him about their threats to buy the house they’d been meaning to if Armaan & her didn’t start renovating their house soon, which made Armaan smile weirdly, but she didn’t give it much thought because Armaan always became a mushy pile of goo whenever the wedding was even remotely mentioned.

Once done, Armaan insisted on taking Riddhima home with him, to which she readily agreed.

“Tumhaare liye surprise hai,” he told her, once they were home. 

“Kya?” She asked eagerly.

“Pehle aankhein band karo,” he instructed. Knowing he’d win and that it was pointless to argue, she immediately closed her eyes. Armaan grinned and dropped a kiss to her eyelids before lifting her up in his arms, making her shriek, and walking inside.

“Okay, ready?” He questioned. She nodded frantically.

Armaan set her down to her feet and clapped his hands, making the dark room light up brilliantly. Riddhima couldn’t hold back her gasp when she opened her eyes.

“Tum Dad se keh dena ki humne renovation start kar di hai,” he joked.

“This is so beautiful, Armaan! Tumne yeh sab kab…” she trailed off.

“Anjy and I worked really hard this past week, you know. Isliye main itna busy rehta tha. Sorry for that, by the way. I know humein zyada baat karne ka time nahi mila. Aur Skype toh ek baar bhi nahi kar paaye,” he apologized.

Riddhima just shook her head and hugged him. “This is perfect. Thank you, baby.”

“I know ki tum pichle kuch time se iss baat ko leke bohot pareshaan ho ki ab hum hospital mein pehle ki tarah saara din saath mein nahi rahenge. But, I just… I guess main prove karna chaahta tha ki isse kuch nahi badlega. Hospital mein saath kaam nahi kar sakte toh kya hua, ghar pe toh kar sakte haina?” He joked. Riddhima nodded into his chest. He pulled away from her and took her hand, taking her to the bookshelf that was already full of texts.

Running his finger over the spines, he removed one old textbook and gave it to Riddhima who opened it to see, ‘Property of Dr. Smriti Malhotra’. 

“Yeh?” She asked, shocked.

“Maine Papa se baat ki thi and he was very happy to give me Maa’s old books. Ab tum bhi toh gynaecology mein aage badh rahi ho toh unke puraane notes bohot helpful honge na?” He murmured. Riddhima nodded and hugged the book close to her chest, tears falling continuously. She hugged him once again.

Smriti Maa’s books. Her books. Riddhima didn’t even know how to tell Armaan how much this meant to her. She’d always looked up to Smriti Maa as a role model, had decided to become an OBGYN to honour her memory - the first mother she knew, the one who had raised her as a child, who’d loved her so endlessly, who had made her childhood happy and beautiful. This was the woman Riddhima had always wanted to be when she grew up, and she’d finally taken a step in that direction, only for Armaan to surprise her with something so beautiful. Of all things he’d done for her in all this time together, this moment made it in her Top 5 Most Thoughtful Things Armaan Has Ever Done list on a very high spot. She never wanted this to end.

A few moments later, Armaan pulled away only to make her sit on one of the chairs and sit on the floor beside her, his head in her lap. “Basket, I know ki humaari life mein bohot changes aa rahe hain, aur sab badal raha hai. You’re scared. Aur mujhe bhi darr lag raha hai, lekin jab tak hum dono saath hai toh sab theek hai. Tum hona, toh mujhe kisi cheez ki tension nahi hai, kyuki chahe jo bhi ho, at the end of the day, main waapis toh tumhaare paas hi aaunga. Aur tum mere paas. Bas, mujhe aur kuch nahi chahiye.”

“Mujhe bhi,” she replied, bending down to kiss him. Armaan was right. What was important was that they were together. As long as they were, nothing would go wrong. She knew Armaan would never let it. And she wouldn’t either. Not ever. They’d go their separate ways professionally, but come home to each other everyday, still just as madly in love, and make a life together.

Yaar, ab toh kuch bolungi hi nahi. Tum log bhi sorry sunnke thak gaye hoge aur bologe yeh ladki toh kabhi sudharti hi nahi hai.

So, iss baar toh kuch nahi bolungi. Bas, I hope sabko chapter achcha lage! And of course, SORRY! :(

maulik1992 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Its awesome..love the chapter and ofcourse finally AR are is back where they belong.. 

Thanks for this and now please update soon now..

Prizi thumbnail

After a long tym pragsss

Awesummm update 

NishitaRahman thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Wow  awesome part.part ki liye bohot sukriya.love the part.ridzy bapas aygaya wow.armaan ridzy part bohot miss kiya.love armaan ridzy meeting.armaan ne ridzy ko bohot accha surprise diya wow😍.part read karke dill khush hogaya.beautiful story.pls post the next asap.give more armaan ridzy moments😍.eagerly waiting for next part😍😘❤️

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Why would Riddhima even feel a need to specialize in the same field as Armaan? Just being doctors would give them enough in common.

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Their life is finally on track. Lovely dinner and a surprise.

tanvi_mitt thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Finally AR are back together!

just love them together .. <3

Continue soon