WarriorB thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I am as frustrated and crazy mad as everyone else seems to be here!! And whenever they pull a stunt like this on the show, I do what I always do in response to that, I justify. So with that honest disclaimer, this is what I feel....

Two themes that have always been on ARC's mind since Bon walked into his life which guided all his subsequent actions are these. 

First, it doesn't matter which era they were in, for Ani their marriage is literally one of the very things high up on his agenda of Krantigiri that he wants to eradicate from society. That creates an inherent tension that no one around him can alleviate. The rub is, like Binoy pointed out early on, he took the aid of one pratha to tackle another. And like Binoy asked him then, on what ground will you tell people not to do child marriage when you yourself did it! ( On a side note, I miss sly and clever Binoy) I think that question is something that will always be his personal demon. 

His way of pacifying himself since then has been to place Bon in, what seems to me an inherently dangerous pedestal. He feels that the evil of that custom being done by him is cut if he uses their marriage as a way to emancipate her, and through her, other women. So, no, this marriage will never gain validation in his eyes. What he doesn't understand is that it's not so simple. 

Second, the closer he got to Bon, the more he knew of her pluck and smarts, the more firmly he desired for her to be  independent and free willed. He sees her for both who she is, and who she will be. People make 10 year plans for themselves and set their goals accordingly, and Ani does that for Bon. He plans not only her, but also his life according to the timeline that will get her optimum success. That means anything that is not in that timeline is a hindrance and will set them back in their shared dream. 

To people who think he is happy with her only when she does the right things I say, of course yes. He gets angry, irrational and disappointed. Isn't that what every single person who has meant the world to you, feel, when you go astray?! The people who know you so intimately, have seen where you come from, and where you can go, will always feel disappointed at every wrong step you take. That's human. So, all this sudden defocus on Bon's part has thrown him off track and he is at tenterhooks at what to do next. 

Contd. Below

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WarriorB thumbnail

Now, that I have gone on for a bit about what has been eating away at him, I want to rant so bad about all the bullshit he has pulled. And there's so much!! First and foremost comes Bon. The thing is, he is her first crush. But he is also her sansaar. So, it's not as easy to put away rejection. But the thing that puts me off is that Ani acts like a doofus. Telling a kid that you focus on your studies, leave all this, is inherently irritating to children of that age!! But what makes me mad is that he thinks he can just will away her crush. I strongly feel how you deal with a  child's first crush sets the tone for the future. If u r gonna act either like it's a crime or something to be feared, that sends the wrong message. And the way Ani is acting it feels like he thinks until she actually becomes a barrister she should keep away from all this! Sure, she is just a kid now, it doesn't have a profound meaning. But what about later? Aur yeh banda khud bhi toh Buri didi ke sapne leke baitha tha when he was studying! I guess I just want them to treat a crush like a crush on the show. And it's actually what I am still expecting looking at Ani's own meanderings in that area. I mean it's like Bon's crush, crush but Ani's crush, love 🤪. What gives his crush any validity? Coz he is older? But doesn't Bon do other grown up things? Then no one says tum abhi choti ho! Why the double standard!!

If nothing else, I need a track where Bon has a crush on a boy from her school and Ani actually has to go through the painful task of explaining how normal it is since this guy has now so much experience! 😆

Obviously Bon seemingly acting like a doormat makes me so mad. But the thing about that is Bon herself gave such a good explanation for that on the Monday episode. 

..RiMi.. thumbnail

You've written it beautifully! 👏

I loved the fact that you did not actually justify or take sides 😆 you just gave reasons for their behaviour and what you felt is wrong in their thinking. 👏

Very subtle, sensible, unbiased and apt post ❤️ All I can say is, agree with you totally! ❤️

Edited by ..RiMi.. - 3 years ago
Siddiquie thumbnail

Darling you just penned down everything what I wanted to say😆I totally agree with each of your points 😳👍🏼

Ashley_m thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Really well written! While this track is exasperating on so many levels, it shows or gives reasons for any actions the character pulls, good, bad, right, wrong, confused. And it puts us up in arms because of its ability to draw us in. 

And yes, Ani wrongly feels he can will away her crush because he is also trying to will away his own 'pehli nazar ka pyaar'. But Bon's feelings run much deeper, so it won't be easy.

rajiraji14 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley_m

Really well written! While this track is exasperating on so many levels, it shows or gives reasons for any actions the character pulls, good, bad, right, wrong, confused. And it puts us up in arms because of its ability to draw us in. 

And yes, Ani wrongly feels he can will away her crush because he is also trying to will away his own 'pehli nazar ka pyaar'. But Bon's feelings run much deeper, so it won't be easy.

Agree how he can thnk Bon's feels as same as his feel fr AE or watever.... frst he needs some mentor to guide him...so as of tat one character intro in show is expected more....