A SaiRat FF // A Father's Last Wish //

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

Hello dear friends. It's me again. I had a few thoughts running in my head for a story and I finally sat down and penned it out. It is set in the same world as GHKKPM, however, the story is different and the plot is different. I was going to initially just make this an OS or a SS. However, the ideas I had were too beautiful to shorten. And so here we are with a FF. This FF is my first baby here, I had previously never shared work before and after writing an OS I just had to come back. I hope you all come to enjoy it and can give my little child some love. I will keep working on it and come back soon to update it for a Part 2. Till then hang in there everyone and keep smiling!

Part 1 

Sai sat on the edge of the bed grasping onto the mattress. She looked ahead at Usha Mausi’s turned back, tuning out whatever she was saying, forcing the words out of her head. She turned and looked at the photo frame sitting on her dresser. How life used to be much simpler she thought. She thought back to when she was younger, around 5 or 6, when nothing else mattered to her except her Abbaa. Her dear beloved Abbaa, the center of her little universe. And now, just like that everything was tuned upside down.  

He left her. He’d promised her that he’d always hold her hand and walk by her side. But just like that, he was gone. In the blink of an eye. 

She let out a shaky breath, trying to keep a reign on her feelings, the raging sadness that always threatened to envelop her. 

“Sai, are you listening to what I’m saying?”, Mausi looked at her. 

“Yes Mausi, I am and I’ve already told you. I am not marrying a stranger”, Sai replied.

“He’s not a stranger Sai. To you, he might be a bit of a stranger, but he was an officer who trained under your Abbaa, someone who he actually respect quite a lot. Sai, your Abbaa wanted you to have someone by your side if he was gone, and if he chose this man and wants you to spend your life with him then what’s wrong?”

“What’s wrong you ask? Well, Mausi I thought you would know. All my life all I’ve seen is the love my parents shared. Ever after Maa passed away, Abbaa took on the role of a mother and father. I want to marry a person I love Mausi. How can I marry someone I don’t even know?”, Sai replied.

Mausi turned and came and sat down beside Sai, “Look Sai, you trust your Abbaa right? Do you think your Abbaa would leave your life in the hands of the wrong person? Sai you were his world. Nothing else mattered to him. Why else would his will give away everything to you but also go as far as to include a clause about who you would marry? He only did this because you were the only thing he thought about.” 

Sai stood up, “I can’t Mausi. I am saying this for the last time and I don’t want to say anything else.” 

“Don’t my words mean anything to you Sai? Am I that insignificant?”, Mausi implored.

Sai turned and held her Mausi’s hands, the same hands that had helped her since she was a child, “Mausi, don’t you know? You are like a mother to me, don’t even say anything so ridiculous.”

“Well then listen to me my child, both your Abbaa and I only want what’s best for you. Dadda left us, doing what he loved most after you, his duty. It is now my job to make sure you are taken care of.”

“I will be taken care of Mausi. I have you. I’ll get admission into a good medical college and then work hard so that we can both live a good life Mausi”, Sai looked at her, her eyes trying to convey her despair. 

“No Sai, this world is very hard to live alone. How will you go to college without good financial or emotional support? It’s not possible Sai.” With that Mausi stood up, and left the room, leaving Sai to ponder what had just been said.

Sai sat dejected, she knew it was no use. She walked up to Abbaa’s photo frame and held it in her hands. She reached out and tenderly traced her Abbaa’s smile. He was always smiling. He’s the one who taught her how to always smile. She sat down and finally felt the hot tears spill down her face, not even bothering to hold them in this time. 

“Why Abbaa, why are you making me do this. First, you leave me after promising me we’d always be together and now you want me to marry a man I’ve only met a handful of times.”

She thought back to when she had seen Virat sir when he had first come to GC as an ACP officer. Her Abbaa had wanted her to welcome him with a garland of flowers. She knew she hadn’t liked him then. His smug face and his stupid phone wouldn’t stop ringing. She knew she was probably judging him but she didn't want to think otherwise at the moment. 

“I wish you were still here Abba. Why did you have to go and go back to work even when you knew you had heart issues.”

She thought back to the day she’d gotten a call from the station. When they’d call to let her know her Abbaa, the light of her life had gotten a heart attack while out on a raid. It was such an irony. Life was such a stupid twist of irony. She’d always been afraid for Abbaa, with his line of work she always worried for that one phone call she hoped would never come. Who’d know it wouldn’t be a bullet but his own heart that would fail him. She sighed and shook her head, trying to push away the painful thoughts. She looked down at the frame in her hands, that’s when she noticed the clip coming away at the back. She turned it around and turned the clip, and that’s when she noticed the bump. 

“Huh, what’s this?”

She turned all the clips around and pulled away from the cardboard that held the picture. A white slip of paper slipped onto the floor. She picked it up, confused. 

When did this get here, she thought. 

She bent down and picked up the white folded sheet. She opened it and looked inside, her eyes widened. Abba’s handwriting! 

She quickly turned the paper around and started to read, her heart starting to beat rapidly. 

“Dear Sai

I hope you have found this when the time is right. I know my beti is a very strong child and if anyone can get through anything, it’s you. Sai if you are reading this, then that means that I am not by your side anymore. I wrote this note once I found out that I had a weak heart, and now I don’t know how much longer I will be by your side my Sai. Sai you have grown into a beautiful, brave, and smart woman. Someone who I am proud to call my daughter. You make me so proud as a father and it has been the biggest blessing of my life to be your Abbaa. Sai I want you to know that our entire life, whatever decision I have made, I have done for you. Now Sai, I make this last decision for you. I want you to marry ACP Virat Chawan, Sai. I know it will make you very mad and angry to hear this but you have to understand. Virat sir is a good man. I have known him for a long time and I know he is someone who can take on your responsibility. Please grant your Abba’s last wish and marry him. I know it sounds absurd and strange to you right now, but I promise you, one day you will understand. It isn't possible for me to explain why I ask this as my last wish for you. I wish and I hope that you read this many many years later and that we both live to see you go to medical college. However, I am content with whatever happens because I know you will always be taken care of my Sai. I leave the decision up to you. Promise your Abbaa that you will take care of yourself and keep pushing forward. Oh and that you’ll also work on your anger, your anger always reminds me of my own Aai. I believe in you Sai and no matter what I will always be by your side. 

With love,

Your Dear Abbaa”

Sai let out a shaky breath and held the paper in her trembling hands. She looked down at the paper, almost half drenched with her tears. It didn’t feel like a letter, it almost felt like her Abbaa was sitting right next to her and speaking to her. She laid back on her bed, her head spinning. If Abbaa had known, why had he never said anything to her? She sighed and stared up at the ceiling, staring at the circling fan, and with that sight, her eyes drifted close, holding on to that white paper for dear life. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - 

Sai woke up the next morning with a pounding headache. She clutched her pounding her, chastising herself for crying so much the day before. She woke up and looked around. Even though her eyes were blurry, the picture was crystal clear. She knew what she had to do. She stood up and walked to Mausi’s room. 

Knock, Knock 

“Sai?”

“Yes Mausi, it’s me. Can I come in?”

“Yes come in Sai”

Sai took a deep breath and pushed the door open. She walked in and looked at Mausi sitting on her bed.

“I’ll do it Mausi. I’ll marry Virat Sir.” 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for sticking around and reading thus far. I would love to hear feedback and again I will update soon with a Part 2!

-Jalebi-Bhai :)

Edited by Jalebi-Bhai - 3 years ago

Very nice start. 

Abba knew Virat is the one for her. 

Looking forward for the story to unfold. 

Do continue soon :)

Thanks. 

great start! I liked it!
please continue!
much love ❤️

Nice start 

Update soon 😊

Interesting... you've changed the plot. Loom forward to seeing this this pans out 

Amazing.. Waiting for part 2

Nice concept 

Do cont soon❤

Thank you for all the love <3 Working on Part 2 and will update soon!

It’s a good start... can’t wait for part 2