Arhi FF : Destiny Games T5 (New updates in T6) - Page 91

Posted: 3 years ago

From the author’s desk: Hey my dear friends, As the year 2020 draws to an end, I feel grateful for the invaluable lessons that it offered. The year has made us stronger and gave us an experience of a life time that we will narrate to our future generations. 

I wish you all a very happy new year – a year that brings of light of hope – to heal the world from illness, despair and anxiety. May this year fill us with happiness, health and peace. 

Ok, coming to the story, I was supposed to post last week, But my laptop crashed and I lost the update and had to type it again. Here I am- with another update. Happy reading! 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 18: Unexpected turn

Part 2: Under the moon

Abhi’s apartment was modest and had a cozy aura around it. The balcony adjoining the hall wasn’t as large as the ones found in Raizada Mansion, but Arnav loved the city view from that place.  The apartment was in the 10th floor which gave quiet a view of the city lights at night. Taking the momentary solitude presented by the hosts- one of whom were putting the kid to sleep and other was busy in the kitchen, He stepped into the cool air of the night. He knew Khushi was just behind him and would follow him into the balcony. 

“I could spend an entire night standing here” he said, turning back to find that he was speaking to himself. 

Momentarily confused, he went towards the hall to find her staring at the photo wall just beside the balcony entrance. 

Khushi stood staring at the photo wall which pushed her into more predicament. The photo wall had a beautiful assortment of pictures depicting the happy moments of Abhi and Geethu’ s life together. There was no need for more clearer answer to her question earlier. Abhi and Geethu were married. 

Right in the center was a big picture of them at their wedding. Around it were their life defining moments – there was one when they were in their university where the two were in hand in hand, happily grinning at the camera, one when they were probably on a holiday together – seemingly much in love, one in the hospital ward holding the new born baby Riya and a couple of them when they were holding Riya. There was one where Abhi was sporting an Army uniform and hugging Geethu and Riya fondly. 

If Abhi was a married man, how could she explain the ethics of Anjali’s attraction towards him? Or did she misunderstand her? Anjali was always insistent that Abhi was her crush. But it was she, Khushi who goaded Anjali into thinking on the lines of something more. Did she inadvertently push her friend into this? Why didn’t Anjali tell her that he was a married man?

“It’s rude to stare at other’s pictures like this” 

Khushi turned at Arnav’s whisper. He was standing at the entrance to the balcony. 

Realizing that she has been unabashedly gazing at the photo wall, she quickly averted her eyes. 

“You will like it here, care to step out?” he asked and Khushi nodded. 

“The stars … I mean your parents are seen today” he told her gazing up. But Khushi did not answer, she was lost in thoughts. 

“Something is bothering you?” he asked 

Khushi shook her head

“I didn’t know that Abhi was a family man” she confessed. 

Arnav chuckled before he said “That must be heartbreaking for you to find out the truth”

“I wasn’t asking for myself …” Khushi started to say and then stared at Arnav speechlessly because he had by now broken into a mischievous grin.  Khushi couldn’t stop herself break into a smile as she looked away.

“Why didn’t you stop me?”

“Stop you from what?”

“From influencing your sister into thinking that her crush could be something more”

“I don’t think you influenced her. She knows about Abhi” Arnav said, the ghost of his laughter still lingering on his face. 

Khushi was all the more serious. 

“I don’t understand how you could take it this lightly. You told her the other day that you approve”

“Khushi, my sister does not need my approval for her life choices”

“But you have a responsibility to show her what’s right”

“You were the one who advised me that I shouldn’t be overprotective of her and she should be allowed to make her own decisions”

“This is different. This choice of hers could result in a disaster”

“How did you come to that conclusion?”

Khushi was dumbfounded

“What are you talking about? That man is already in a relationship”

“talking about relationships, I think you should think more about yourself than about others”

“What?”

“I meant that we should be speaking about our relationship” Arnav smirked at her casually folding his hand and sloping his back on the parapet. 

“Is this the time? Seriously, I thought you are more sensible...” she let out an exasperated sigh. 

Arnav was still smirking when he leaned forward closer to her and said, “Ok, I will let you in on a secret that will give answers to all your worries.”

“What is it?” she whispered back to him

“Not here. Not the right place to talk about it” he said she started to protest “Let’s park this discussion for some other time? Its rude to gossip about the host at his own home”

“Oye, what are two upto?” Anjali called out from the hall. Khushi stiffened as she noticed that Anjali was helping Abhi lay the table for the dinner. “Get a room!”

“Not a place for privacy either” Arnav muttered as he leaned away from her. 

“Looks like I need to bring out the candles for them” Abhi commented. “Want me to set up the table out there for you two lovebirds?”

“Oh, come on!” Arnav said rolling his eyes. 

“We were discussion about the... the weather” Khushi interjected “Looks like it’s about to rain?”

“Rain huh?” Abhi said “how about a BG song?” he asked and soon started singing… “Bheegi bheegi raaton mein. Meethi meethi baaton mein. Aisi barsaton mein. Kaisa lagta hain?”

Turning to Anjali and the girls who were seated at the table- he prompted them. 

“Aisa lagta hain tum banke badal… Mere badan ko bhigo ke mujhe…Ched rahe ho, chhed rahe ho” the girls finished for him

“Not my type of song” Arnav said joining in the fun as he walked back into the hall. 

“No classics eh? Then what about… What's that song from that movie? Half girlfriend…” Abhi asked

“Yeh mausam ki baarish … Yeh baarish ka paani… Yeh paani ki boondein … Tujhe hi toh dhoondhe …

Yeh milne ki khwahish… Yeh khwahish puraani… Ho poori tujhi se … Meri yeh kahaani…”

As Anjali started the others joined her in chorus. 

“You all could do better than that” Arnav said playfully 

“You could do better bhai, ask her out already” Anjali said as Abhi gave her a HiFi.

“Well said”

“You guys have started anthakshari already?” Geethu asked as she carried the rotis to the table. “Sit Khushi”

“I will help you serve” Khushi offered 

“No, around this house, we help ourselves” Abhi announced gesturing her to sit. 

“I just made a simple meal- Rotis with dal and veg curry” Geethu announced passing the dishes around “and a little Jeera rice. Didn’t get much time to prepare” 

“You prepared?” Arnav asked, “I thought he said the cook was going to”

“I thought so too… Didn’t Tulsi come today?” Abhi asked

“Nope, she called to say she is quitting. She wants to go back to her native.” Geethu said “I have to search for a Nanny now, she was our cook cum Nanny”

“Will you give me the Job?” Tara asked out of the blue. “I don’t have experience, but I am a quick learner. I can do it. Actually, I need a job too, I want to earn enough to pay for my sister’s education.” She looked at Abhi and Geethu hopefully and then slowly added “I would understand if you don’t want me, I mean after my past”

“I don’t want to give you the job” Geethu told Tara “not because of your past but for your future”

Tara looked up puzzled

“You need to go to school as well” Abhi told her “No nanny business”

“School?” Tara asked sarcastically “which school will take me”

“Don’t worry about that, I will make sure that you and Tanu are enrolled in a good school” Khushi assured her. “Leave that to me”

“I don’t have money” Tara told them

“Hun, we will take care of the money problem for your education and everything else ok?” Arnav assured her “Now eat”

Tara looked at the group of people that she hardly knew only hours before, with teary eyes, all of them so kind that it was so hard to believe that it was all well finally

“Hmm, I understand your predicament” Anjali told her lightly “These people are so wicked that they want to put you in school and torture you with education, but never fear when Anjali is here… I will teach you all the ways to bunk school whenever you want to, have got some tried and tested methods up my sleeve”

The situation suddenly turned lighter as Tanu giggled and Tara smiled at her.

“That’s far from what I am feeling right now” she said teary eyed “I have prayed and prayed for a miracle that can change my life from hell to heaven- today, I feel that God has answered my prayers, I don’t know how to thank you all- for saving us and promising us a better future”

“If you want to thank, help us dig out the whole gang” Abhi told her “that’s is the only way that I want you to repay”

“I will help you in whatever way I can. It a promise”

“Hey what happened to the laptop? Were you able to find out anything?” Arnav asked changing the topic

“Oh yeah” Geethu said “It was hacked alright. Looks like it started with a spear phishing attempt which apparently Anjali had fallen prey to. A dropper file had installed a back door in her laptop that was connecting to a command and control server and a spyware which was also used to steal her files- I took it down. There was a key logger too- which I suspect that the attacker had installed to get access to all her passwords – looks like the key logger has been there longer than the spyware – which I deleted too. We changed all her passwords to her social accounts and by the way, we recovered her Instagram account too”

“Oh My” Arnav exclaimed “How long has it been stealing info?”

“Close to 8 months”

“Is there a way to find out what information has gone out?”

“Unfortunately, no. But if any of you had used the laptop- I would recommend changing your passwords too”

“Do you have any information on the C&C server?”Abhi asked “Who owns it?”

“I know you are going to ask me that. But no. Before I could collect information, I lost the hold on it. Perhaps, it was being monitored for intrusion- Something I might have done should have alerted them”

“Bad luck”

“Not really, we have collected some information that can potentially reveal more. I am working on it, I will give you something in a couple of days”

“how did the key logger get in there?” Khushi asked 

“perhaps via an external source- do you remember using any pen drive or connecting to some random device?”

Anjali shook her head at first and then slowly her eyes grew big “Yes, Once Jay had given me a pen drive full of movies”

“there you go” Geethu stated.

“Jay is your college mate, right?” Abhi asked “Do you have his contact number”

“I deleted it from my contact list, But I can ask one of my friends and give you” Anjali told him “But are you going to ask him if he put it there? He won’t accept”

“Nah.. more of beat him up” Abhi said 

“Punch the lights out of him” Arnav agreed with his friend 

“Boys!” Geethu exclaimed 

“By the way, the Potato fry is delicious!” Abhi said 

“Can’t agree more” Khushi said

“I like it too” Arnav also joined the praise

“You didn’t say you made this?” Abhi asked Geethu

“Because I didn’t make it” Geethu told them all “Anjali did it”

“Wow!” Abhi exclaimed 

“What? You know to cook?” Arnav asked his sister

“Bhai!” Anjali huffed 

“Really, Kiddo do you actually know this stuff? When did you learn this?”

“This is the only dish I learnt from Nani, for my 'cook your own meal' party during my last semester... remember?”

“Oh yeah, I was wondering that it tastes so familiar”

“I am saving it all for myself” Abhi said pulling the potato fry near him “No, Arnav- I am not sharing with you”

“It’s my sister’s dish”

“Get lost”

Anjali looked pleased with herself, Khushi felt uneasy as Anjali looked at her and lifted her eyebrows in joyous pride, gesturing at Abhi. 

The Raizadas and the girls ride back home was uneventful. Anjali and Khushi helped the girls settle down in one of the guest rooms in the first floor while Arnav left them to quickly finish the pending work for the day. 

It was almost 1 in the might when he closed the laptop for the day and walked upstairs to his room, he noticed that the door of the sit-out in the first floor was ajar. It took him only a moment to realize Khushi was still awake, as he caught her silhouette against the moon light as she stood watching the stars

“Still awake?” 

Khushi was startled at his voice. Apparently, she had not expected him there at the late hour. 

“Oh, it’s you”

“Who else do you think will be awake at this hour”

“yeah right, you are the only other nocturnal creature I know”

He chuckled at her jibe. 

“So, what is it with the moon watching?”

“Nothing, just- couldn’t sleep”

“And what’s bothering you? The girls?”

“No, not them” Khushi said looking at him “It’s actually Anjali”

“What about Anjali? About her data getting stolen… we will get the culprits”

“No, not that. You know what i am talking about...Only this night, she was gushing about how pleased she was that he loved her potato fries so much that he didnt want to share it with anybody, how he gave her a hifi, how he sang with her...”

"Khushi, please spare me, I don't want to hear about my sister gushing about my friend"

"But you are Ok with her gushing about it in the first place?"

Arnav smiled at her

“Maybe there is an explanation”

“what does that mean?” she asked “You were saying that you are letting me in on a secret, tell me now”

“Khushi, its 1 in the night, do you really want to discuss this now?”

“Yes. I want to know. Right now!” 

“I didn’t know that a secret could keep you so restless” Arnav was playful “If I had only known before…”

“Hello, I couldn’t care less about your other secrets” Khushi answered him equally playful “and I know this is not a secret in real sense. It’s something that you and Anjali know and that I don’t know” 

“and why should I tell you?”

“You are so wicked” Khushi huffed like a kid

“No, I am actually hungry” Arnav told her

“Hungry? You had your dinner on time”

“Now you know why I don’t have it on time?”

“This is ridiculous”

“I am serious. I feel hungry. Care to share a snack with me”

“No”

“Then I am not sharing my secret”

“Devimaiyya! Ok, what do you want to eat?”

“I will fetch it”

“Whatever, Be quick”

“Will be back in 5 mins”

“That secret better be worthy of all this torture” 

Khushi sat on the steps leading to the sit out as she wondered how playful and childish their conversation had been this night. Arnav had never been this playful before – except for once when he had fought with her and later apologized with her on phone messages. 

But she had thought that he was deliberately acting playful to make her forgive him, but now she realized that behind that collected and matured man was still a kid who grew up so fast

“I am back” he said as he sat next to her on the steps. 

She looked at him and found what he had got. 

“Chocolate?” Khushi exclaimed alarmed “Are you serious? At this hour?”

“You sound like Nani” 

She huffed before asking

“Where did you find one at this hour?”

“I usually have it stacked at my room for nights like this” he said opening the wrapper. 

“Ok where is mine?” she asked noticing that he had only one big bar of Cadbury

“We share this”

She rolled her eyes as he extended the chocolate bar to her. She was going to a break off a bit from the bar when she heard him say, “Take a bite”

“But…”

“my way or the highway”

“Don’t make me punch you for real”

“Your wish” he said as took back the chocolate. 

“Wait…” she muttered as she leaned to take a bite of the chocolate, watching him smirk at her playfully. 

“How I wish that I could wipe that smirk off your face someday” she muttered.

“Bring it on Khushi, cannot wait for the day to arrive” he smirked a notch higher as took a bit into the bar and extended the chocolate to her for a bite. "we alternate"

“When are you going to tell me the secret?”

“After we finish this”

“I can’t believe we are sitting here eating chocolate at 1.30 in the night.”

“we should do this more often to make it more believable”

“You wish”

He smirked again. Though she sounded annoyed, she knew deep down that she was growing fond off that mischievous smirk. 

With half of the bar gone by now, he asked her “So tell me what is bothering you so much?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” Khushi was exasperated “Anjali is attracted to your friend who is married. Why doesn’t that bother you?”

“Ok, so this is about my ethics?”

“Yes and no, about her ethics too.”

“Sometimes reality can be far from what you perceive” he said as he unwrapped another layer of chocolate. 

“Nothing can change the fact is that he is married”

“Abhi is not married. Not yet”

“What?” Khushi asked in a surprised tone. “But I saw their wedding pic on the wall”

“That was Adhi” Arnav said “Abhi’s identical twin”

“Abhi has a twin?” Khushi asked surprisedly. It was making sense now why Arnav or Anjali were easy about the entire topic. Khushi even felt sheepish. 

Arnav was quiet. He thoughtfully bit into the chocolate before he spoke again. 

“He had” Arnav told her “Adharvyu is no more”

“What?” Khushi was shocked. 

“Adhi was a Major in the army. He lost his life fighting a gun battle with terrorists- that was 2 years ago”

It felt like the playfulness was suddenly sucked out from their surroundings. 

Arnav continued to speak.

“Adhi and Abhi were my closest friends at school. I have spent most of my teen years with them- apart from Akki – I mean Akaash. We shared a very close bond, I was a lot of times called the triplet and sometimes the third wheel. But the twins were inseparable and shared high ambitions to serve the nation. While Abhi wanted to take up civil exams, Adhi was always aspiring to get into National Defense Academy and then into the defense- He was a brilliant kid – he got into NDA – met and fell in love with a fellow aspirant, Geethu Nair at the Academy. 

They got married early – soon after they graduated – at 23 and they were parents a year later. To think Abhi and I often teased Adhi about how fast he was moving in life – never thought he would face death so soon in life too.

Adhi and Geethu were a great couple. Life was beautiful for them before it all came crashing down. It was their 4th year anniversary and we were celebrating at their newly purchased apartment – when he got this call for duty and left to the border. You saw that pic on the wall- the one with his Uniform on – that’s the last pic of him when he was alive- I took it before he left. He did not return back alive. We got the devastating news 10 days later. They were on a clinical strike mission. He brought down 4 terrorists before - he took bullets on his stomach and succumbed to his wounds later. Riya was 3.”

Khushi was blinking back her tears. For some reason, her closeness with her father and his loss came back to her at the moment. To lose a father is a tragedy. To lose him at just 3 years was a disaster. She also thought of Geethu. To imagine that beautiful life which was depicted in the photo wall was all gone!

He extended the chocolate to her and she shook her head 

“Eat this, it helps overcome the heaviness of heart”

His thoughtfulness despite the playful deception that he showed earlier came back to her as she nodded at him thankfully. 

“Riya calls Abhi as Daddy”

“It wasn’t easy – But given her age at that time, I have to agree that to comfort the kid was less complicated compared to others”

“It should have been devastating for Geethu” 

“and Abhi” Arnav said, gazing into the horizon “I cannot even imagine how the first few days went by. To lose a twin is beyond words. He was inconsolable.”

“Geethu was devastated. She was also struggling with Riya who was not coping up well. Then Abhi made a decision to move to Delhi and stay with Geethu to support her raise the kid. They both had lost a significant person of their lives and were able to help each other in that process of healing. It was some of the roughest days for them, But they made it together.”

“it would have been tough for you as well to bear the loss of a dear friend while consoling the other is not easy either. Khushi told him “You need this more than me” she said giving him back the chocolate

He gave her a weak smile. 

“thanks, so now you feel more relieved about this?” he asked her

Khushi chuckled 

“You think a story like this gives me relief?”

“I wasn’t intending to burden you with this story”

“No, you weren’t”

“At least you can be at peace with the fact that you didn’t influence my sister into a morally wrong relationship” he said quoting his hands

“That’s far from my thoughts actually. I am in a dilemma now”

“About what?”

“About my mission – I am not sure if I should continue or not”

“I am out of here- spare me please” he said getting up.

“Hey, wait. We are not done yet” Khushi said pulling him down. “I was wondering about the equation between Abhi and Geethu”

“What about them?”

Hesitant to ask, Khushi bit her lip

“You know you can ask me anything” Arnav told her “I won’t judge you”

Khushi gave him a nervous laugh

“I was wondering why Abhi hasn’t yet thought of marriage?” 

Arnav shrugged. “I don’t know… you should ask him”

“Ufff. Ok let me put it in a different way, has he ever thought of asking Geethu to marry him?”

“why do you think they should?” he asked 

“Why not?”

“This is so stereotypical.” He told her categorically “But yYou are not the first person to think on those lines. A lot of people have already suggested them that. They both are already frustrated of gossips about their relationship in their family and friends circle”

“What’s wrong in getting married?”

“Why should they?”

“They live in the same house… They are raising a kid together”

“So? They are not living in. They raise the kid as a family. They don’t have to be married for that” Arnav told her patiently “Khushi, they are not romantically involved. Not every relationship between a man and a woman has to end up in a marital bond”

“Exactly!” Khushi said jubilantly “you know what, Not all of them will have this understanding that they could have taken that step if they wanted to- but that’s not what they want. Right? Like you said many think stereotypically.”

Arnav looked on puzzled at what she was arriving at

“What are you trying to tell me?”

“Let’s come back to my first question. Why isn’t Abhi married yet?”

“Khushi?”

“He needs a girl who empathizes with the dynamics of his relationship with his sister in law and his niece. Someone who isn’t going to think on the lines of those gossipers. Someone who can heal him as well as his family.” Khushi told him. 

Arnav gawked at her 

“Don’t you think so?”

“Perhaps” he said nonchalantly

She huffed at him. 

“you are not helping.”

“I don’t understand”

“For me to continue with my mission, I should know if Anjali is willing to play that big a role? Is she ready to handle such a complicated responsibility?”

Arnav was quiet

“I am waiting for an answer”

“Khushi, I am not good relationship talks. But I know this. This isn’t a job interview to see if the character and attitude fits the role. When in love, everything else will fall in place- including unconditional acceptance.”

She gapped at him.

“and he calls himself not good at relationship talks” she muttered 

“Hmm?”

“nothing” Khushi said “So you don’t mind me helping her win his heart?”

“No third person can help two people fall in love. It has to happen on its own accord” 

“Apparently you don’t believe in cupids”

“there are no cupids in real life”

“What am I then? “

“er… I don’t know… may be Love guru?” 

She chuckled as he grinned at her

“You know what?” she said sobering up “This is so nostalgic. I used to do this with my father – I used to love sitting on the steps with him discussing how our day went, about our concerns and accomplishments, agreeing and disagreeing with equal ease. Chatting about everything under the sun.”

“You mean the moon?” he interjected

Rolling her eyes at the pun, she continued “Yeah, everything under the moon and the stars”

“I feel insulted. First you friend zone me and then wish that you had a brother like me, and then make me your bodyguard and now I remind of your father huh?” He told her with mock annoyance. “Any other role play you have in mind?”

Khushi stared at him for a moment before she broke into a laugh and he joined in with a chuckle – shaking his head. 

She got up “It’s really late, its crossed 2 and we should get to bed”

“Yeah, right” he agreed as he bid her good night. 

She stepped past him and he was still seated on the stairs fingering with the left-over chocolate bar when he felt her hand on his shoulder. 

Surprised, he turned back to see her smiling down at him

“When a girl tells a man that he reminds her of every other important man in her life, you can be rest assured that he is very special to her” she said bending over him and taking the chocolate bar from him

“Thanks for sharing your chocolates, secret and opinions” she said "Sleep tight"

Arnav broke into a smile watching her turn around and walked to her room.  

"how do I sleep after that parting message?" he asked himself. 

On the other side of the City, some where in a mansion, Shyam was spending a sleepless night too.  He had been given the news of Sandy's arrest earlier in the day. But a couple of hours back, he came to know of Jagga's arrest as well. 

Jagga's arrest was a huge setback. Jagga knew of important connections and if he opened his mouth, Shyam will be in trouble. 

Shyam was contemplating on what needs to be done to do the damage control. he needed a plan that can not only stop the other party but cripple them. Making up his mind, he smiled menacingly. 

to be continued. 

________________________________________________________________________-

Ok dearies, I am done with the update, now its your turn to give me good long comments! Wish you all a very happy new year again. Stay cheerful until we meet again with the next update. 

Edited by abavi - 2 years ago

Wow!! Zabardast! ❤️❤️❤️

Happy New year to the most suspense filled cliffhanger writer 💞

Wishing you and your family a blissful new year filled with happiness, good health and success dear  ❤️ 

Today update was a soothing though emotional and a cliffhanger ...but I love that moon talk and the moment. A good mood that helped to soothe my stressed out mind 🥰

Edited by sammymas - 3 years ago

Loved the update. Khushi confessed her feelings so beautifully.  I hope Anjali is in for a long haul  with her feeling for Abhi.

Superb update.........loved khushis parting message.waiting for the next part..........

Happy New Year!

*Edited*

Whatte brilliant welcome gift for 2021. 

Beautiful update man! And woha this update had all the emotions and finally some romance and we'll Villian bgm too! 

So happy for the girls. 

Poor Riya. Lost her dad and Geethu and Abhi too. For one it's her love and for the other it's like a part of him twins are usually wired that way! Indeed it's a huge loss.  I'm sure Anjali will bring colour. 

Poor Khushi went through roller coaster emotions till she got to know the secret. And finally she confessed. At least sort of. Good good. 

Ayyo creepwa. Lesser said the better. 

Cheers

Edited by TwilightStar_JP - 3 years ago

Thank you for the awesome chapter.so the cliff hanger of the story still continues.

Kushi was very edgy and curious to know about Abhi’s past mainly due to Anjali because she was scared that Anjali had fallen in love with a married man. But Arnav was too cool and put to rest her fears about Abhi by saying that he was still unmarried.

Loved the moonlight talk of Arnav and kushi and how sweetly she conveyed her feelings to Arnav.

Wondering about Shyamwa he won’t keep quite will strike soon as one by one his men are getting targeted.

Appearances can be deceiving. Anjaly knew the score though. Abhi can have a relationship and still help his brother's family.

So my guess was true!! Geethu is indeed Abhi's sister in law :D I loved this update!! The Arshi part was so good!! 

And Happy New Year!! 

Originally posted by virka_luv

So my guess was true!! Geethu is indeed Abhi's sister in law :D I loved this update!! The Arshi part was so good!! 

And Happy New Year!! 

yeah, your guess was bang on... When I read your comment I was going What the what the what the...

Happy new year and cheers