Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin

A SaiRat OS: A Home-cooked Meal

Jalebi-Bhai thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hey everyone! So I love writing but I’ve never really published anything in public and personally my “forte” per say is more prose and poetry but I am loving this show at the moment so I'm going try my hand with a OS of our beloved SaiRat. Bear with me since English is my first language so my Urdu/Hindi is subpar. 

Virat walked into the room after an exhausting day at work. He rolled his shoulders and tried to get rid of the stress knots that made their way across his back. He’d had a long day at work with this new drug case they’d been working at and so he’d been leaving for work before the sun rose and returning way after sunset. He searched around the room looking for his child of a wife, someone he’d barely seen the past few days. Not finding her bag in the room he assumed she was probably still stuck at the hospital. 

You'd think after moving out, they'd see more of each other but ever since Sai had started her residency, they'd both been overwhelmed with work. 

He made his way across the condo down to the kitchen, searching for something to eat. He’d devoured the breakfast Sai had made for him at 1 pm and now he couldn’t wait to get some food in his belly. He grabbed and his cell and dialed Sai’s number. 

“Hello”, she picked up. 

“Sai where are you” 

“I’m stuck with this complicated case we just got in the ER and so they paged me since there was so pediatric attending.”

Virat sighed and internally prayed that she’d get to come home soon. “Don't worry Sai, you take your time. Oh, by the way, have you eaten anything?”

“Nope, it’s just been one thing after another, and I’m starving. OH MY GOSH, I forgot to leave dinner for you”, she cried. 

Virat let out a small chuckle and smiled in amusement, “I’ll cook something for dinner, you just concentrate on work and come home so we can eat together.” 

Sai sighed, sometimes she loved this man so much. “Have I told you how much I love you” she said.

“You tell me every single day”

He hung up the phone and started to whip up some baked chicken with some vegetables. The truth was he actually enjoyed cooking, and with both of them working they’d learned to manage together. It had been a long time since they moved out of the Chavan house and it was days like these he missed his Aai’s home-cooked meals. With Sai’s residency placement being so far from home, and him getting a new promotion nearby as well, they both knew they’d have to move out for some time. And to be honest, he’d liked this time they'd gotten to spend, just the two of them. 

Sai and he had reached a different level of their relationship and this one on one time had made their relationship grow even deeper. He set the food in the oven to keep warm, sat down on the couch, and turned the TV on to sit and wait for Sai. 

“Virat. Virat, wake up”. Sai gently ran a hand over his still wet hair and smiled at his sleeping face. He always looked so different when he was asleep. To the world, he was ACP Virat Chavan, the no-nonsense and poker face officer. To her, he was the human child who loved mimicking and teasing her. She loved how easily he laughed. Even now he had a hint of a smile etched across his sleeping face. She shook her head and snapped out of her admiring her husband like a teenager and went back to wake him up.

“Hmm?”, he sleepily stirred awake and looked at her face with groggy eyes. 

“Wake up Virat” she laughed, “It’s almost 11 and you still haven’t eaten you silly goose”.

He got up and quickly looked at the time, surprised that he’d slept for so long. 

“Oh gosh, well hurry up and freshen up, I’ll go warm up the food.” 

Sai got up and ran to shower and change. She stood underneath the hot water hitting her and tried to forget her workday. It was always hard for her to switch off from work mode. She always managed to bring her work worries and thoughts home with her and they’d haunt her at night. Somedays she really thought she wasn’t cut out for working with children, especially such sick children. But then she thought of their bright smiles and brave faces. This was her dream, most importantly this was her Abbaa’s dream. She’d been blessed in so many ways, with supportive in-laws and most importantly an amazing husband. Surely she could deal with this. 

She got out of the shower and quickly changed, not bothering to dry her hair. She walked into the kitchen to see Virat transferring the food onto plates. She walked up to him and wrapped her arms across his back. He turned his head and smiled at her. 

He didn’t have to ask, he knew she’d had a difficult day at work. Sai wasn’t very affectionate, a complete opposite from him. She loved people wholeheartedly but she’d never been a clingy partner. He knew something was on her mind whenever she just wanted to be close to him. 

“Tum teek ho?” He asked

“Mhm, kuch nahi. The food smells amazing, let's eat”. 

He didn’t press further and turned around to face her, balancing the two plates in his hands.  He gave her a quick kiss on her forehead and then walked to the table. 

"Your hair is still wet Sai, I've told you to dry your hair so you don't get sick. You always catch colds easily. 

"Acha Aaaii, I'll do it after I eat. I'm too hungry to bother with anything right now", she gave him a little pout and sat down to eat. 

Virat sighed in exasperation and grabbed the towel off the couch, "Come here you little minx, you never listen to me the first time. Of course, why would you listen, you're Sai Joshi, fighter champion."

Sai reluctantly walked over and sat down on the floor between his feet as he dried her hair with a towel. The truth was she loved him drying her hair. She sighed in content and leaned her head back resting it on his legs. 

"All done". 

She turned around and faced him. 

"Thank you", she smiled. "Oh and by the way, I'm not Sai Joshi. " 

"Oh really, well then please do tell me who are you, and what have you done with my wife"

"You idiot, I am Sai Joshi Chavan. Get it right"

He let out a laugh and grabbed her face. "You are such a little minx". He gently kissed her, inhaling the smell of her peony and jasmine body wash. 

He pulled away and gently rested his head on her forehead. Breathing in her smell. 

"Nope, I'm not a minx, I am a pathaka. Your pathaka. Remember, chota packet, barra dhmaka. 

Afterward, they sat down on the couch together. Sai got up and grabbed a tub of ice cream from the fridge and plopped herself on the couch, snuggling into Virat’s arms. She loved his arms and hands. After losing her Abbaa, the thing she missed the most was his warm hands and his comforting arms. Her father always made her feel protected. She felt that with Virat. His arms had always protected her and she loved having them around her on difficult days. 

Virat absently ran his hands up and down her arms as Sai ate straight out of the ice cream tub. They’d both had difficult jobs, so days like these were often. Ever since moving away, they’d both learned to be there for each other. Sometimes you didn’t have to talk about the days, but he knew him just being there was enough for her. 

“Want to watch SpongeBob?” He asked as he turned to face her.

“Is that even a question ACP Chavan. Of course, I want to watch SpongeBob.”

He laughed and switched on the remote. 

Sai looked up at her husband and smiled. It had been a long and exhausting day, but in the end, she had Virat by her side. And just like that, all her worries disappeared. 

“Virat”

Virat turned to look at her and looked into those big eyes. Those big brown eyes that always spoke to him. Sometimes they didn’t even need to say anything and they’d understand. This was one of them. Her eyes shined with love, a love so deep and unfathomable that it made his breath hitch in his throat. 

He pulled her tiny body closer to him and whispered in her hair, “I know, I love you too my little patakha.”

Edited by Jalebi-Bhai - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mridzy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Ah this was lovely! Such a heart warming piece! ❤️

And you say poetry is more your forte - you should definitely do this more! :) 

Virat being concerned about Sai's wet hair and drying it reminded me of an OS I wrote on another couple - I hold that pretty close to my heart, so this one really touched my heart. 

Loved it! Would love to read more from you! 

Jalebi-Bhai thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: mridhu

Ah this was lovely! Such a heart warming piece! ❤️

And you say poetry is more your forte - you should definitely do this more! :) 

Virat being concerned about Sai's wet hair and drying it reminded me of an OS I wrote on another couple - I hold that pretty close to my heart, so this one really touched my heart. 

Loved it! Would love to read more from you! 

You're so sweet. Thank you for taking the time to read and provide feedback <3. I will try to write more!

Omg you have to send me the link for what you wrote, I'd love to read it. 

Edited by Jalebi-Bhai - 3 years ago
ByunBaekhyun thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Ahh! What a beautiful piece of work to read first thing in the morning! Friday is the hokiday of Bangladesh, and you literally made my holiday with both your OS and you long review!

Sai and Virat reached a level of their relationship where words are not necessary in some cases. Sometimes we know our loved one will scold us for being careless, but we still do that just to get the care and attention from him/her, just like Sai does with her wet hair! You potrayed that beauty of a relation so on point! 

The cuddles, the backhug, the stolen kisses and the last part where Sai conveus how much she loved him. not with those pretty lips but with those expressing eyes. and how Virat just read that so easily! LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!! 

How you included his lovely mother in the story too with just mere words and left an impact. 

Loved reading every part of the writeup sweety!!

Keep gifting us more!

Happy writing!!!!!  Cheers♥ 

Jalebi-Bhai thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: ByunBaekhyun

Ahh! What a beautiful piece of work to read first thing in the morning! Friday is the hokiday of Bangladesh, and you literally made my holiday with both your OS and you long review!

Sai and Virat reached a level of their relationship where words are not necessary in some cases. Sometimes we know our loved one will scold us for being careless, but we still do that just to get the care and attention from him/her, just like Sai does with her wet hair! You potrayed that beauty of a relation so on point! 

The cuddles, the backhug, the stolen kisses and the last part where Sai conveus how much she loved him. not with those pretty lips but with those expressing eyes. and how Virat just read that so easily! LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!! 

How you included his lovely mother in the story too with just mere words and left an impact. 

Loved reading every part of the writeup sweety!!

Keep gifting us more!

Happy writing!!!!!  Cheers♥ 

Thank you for the love <3 I'm so glad, you have no idea. 

Exactly, we do certain things jsut to garner attention form our loved ones.  I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Your feedback means the world!

mahiaana thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

This is so cute! A pure fluffy thing to warm ones heart perfectly. How i wish i could get a msn like virat over the top this hot 🙈

You know i love it that you get them out of that toxic house and now they live in their own paradise out from all those toxic people! But i felt sad when virat was missing his mother , she's the main support system of them in that toxic house plus they were her support system. But I'm sure she's happy thinking about his son a DIL spending quality time together in their own place.

And yeah their profession is quite a hectic one sp could definitely see this happening, them longing for each other company but bound with their respective duty . Yet finding that small time for them and letting out all those longings and stress from work in each others arms. 

So overall all the scenes are perfectly written totally matched the characters perfectly! Thanks for giving us this beautiful moments of them. And please keep writing on them. Will be looking forward to read more of your stories on sairat.

Take love ❤ thank you again for this beautiful story.

NESRIA thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Wow what a heartwarming os

This is how i imagine them bcz i think even when virat start to see sai as woman he will still treat her like a child ,protect her pamper her .

The sense if responsability toward her will be always there 

Infinities thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

This was sheer gold! You must add storytelling to you forte too. The ease with which you write , the effortlessness of the flow of words makes your story so captivating. 

I loved how you kept the entire plot of the oneshot so simple yet so alluring.  It had zero drama yet the way you crafted it, it felt magical. 

We reader's deserve more of your amazing work, please write more ! 

LoveHopeMagic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Thank you thank you thank you!  

You know you made me just so happy with this OS. 😃

I have been planning to write something like this Sai or Virat cooking for the other but not in this circumstance but I couldn't write it as I didn't have time.  So thank you for doing this one.  You have written so beautifully. Please continue doing this.  🤗

luvzindagi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

This was awesome superb mind blowingly amazing👏

🤗

It was so so so romantic and I just loved their bonding 😳

I don't know when are we going to see something like this in the show 

Please do write more stories... You're really great at writing and with words 👏

And I would really love to read your poetries... If possible try to post some here on the forum... I am a huge fan of poetry and shayari😊