Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 years ago

The fire has definitely not been lit. She didn't want him to kiss her.

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Smrita is jealous of Anu. Anu comes across as an accomplished individual whereas Smrita has only her wealth.

barrister thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Naina's blunders always being on the edge of her thoughts..

Her missing what attracted her to Abhishek in the first place, their love for economics...

Her being scared of getting a ring..

Her re-evaluating this fairly new relationship... particularly when her family's pitching for her marriage

All of this is so real and so sweet to me! 😊

Smrita feeling insecure because of Anubha actually improves my opinion of her by a notch..

It just goes to show that she realizes, even if only subconsciously, that there is more to people than their bank balance.. 😆

barrister thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The part on 'TU'

a bunch of my Marathi friends used 'tu' quite often.. even with their moms and family. It's very casual and not at all disrespectful for them..

While many in the north consider it rude even when referring to those younger than us!!

It's such a small nuance of the different cultures that make up our country.. but the fact that you take note of it and make it a part of your story is amazing!! Cheers to you 👏👏

Ereader thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Ereader

I WISH.. how I wish... yaha din chaloo ho gaya 😔 Abhi kaam karna padega

I will def write a long F2F chapter tonight

How I wish I can understand this language named hindi..sometimes I feel like a deer in headlights when I come across hindi words counting GREATER than ONE...... HOW I WISH I KNOW THIS LANGUAGE TO HAVE A GREAT UNDERSTANDING but its manageable 🥰

Ereader thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Eagerly waiting for that

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Bit of heaven

She busily dug into her Maggi without noticing anythingaround her. Tom Uncle’s Maggi Point near Ramjas was the best Maggi in theworld, he had 72 varieties.

She sipped her cold Fanta on the side and hiccupped and wiped her nose by pulling a paper towel from the open leather tote

There was a mile long line usually, but it was not even Noon,and there were less than 10 people

“Didi ek aur cheesy red sauce waala bana doon?” the boyasked her

“Arey nahi” she chuckled

She had gotten Veg Paneer Maggi

“Didi ghar leke jao” he urged

Huhhhhhaah” she burst out laughing and wiped her nose andeyes

“HYEEEEE Ms MATHURR”  a young girl screamed

She met students she had “taught” as substitute Lecturernow and then, when she begged for an opportunity while doing her Masters and MPhil in Eco

No big deal, she pushed her glasses up her nose and snorted

“Achha ek corn waala bana de, aur ek white sauce waala Papako achhi lagti hai”

“I need to focus on this heaven right now” she thought toherself after throwing a polite smile in the general direction, and stuffed herface

“Ms MATHURRR”

“Sheesh” she is persistent she thought turning around

A shiny twisty noddle hanging off her mouth

A 20 something girl with a short crop of hair and a not sosharp nose was waving as she and a man crossed the Guru Tegh Bahadur Rd

“Hey” she mumbled and chewed glanced at the man

It was someone she knew

She pushed her glasses way up her nose, shoved her falling pallu off the Maggi

Her orange Chanderi plain saree and the powder blue blouse, and the kolhapuris with pompoms, she could be lost in this “DU crowd”

There were 100s of unemployed “hum kuch kar dikhayenge” types roaming here

“Holy crap” she muttered, shoving the wrinkly juicy noodle back into her mouth

It was that Parashar guy… kid

“Must be the girlfriend” she thought and swallowed and choked and sipped her Fanta and coughed

They were near here by then

“Did u just say “Holy crap?” he asked without a smile

“Ufff” she groaned “Yeah I have food leaking off my mouth” she smiled innocently

“MISS MATHURRR don’t you remember me?”

She wanted to say no

But the request was so innocent

“Umm.. let me think”

“I WAS IN YOUR CLASS… in your Economics of Regulation of Domestic and Foreign Exchange Market” I did miserably and so switched to a Macro Economics Elective?” “You were substituting at BOTH” she clapped her hands like a 10 yr old “Do u remember?”

Viveka smiled in amusement

“Oh… umm.. maybe” she said

“I did SO badly you said I should drop it…” she giggled

“Oh” “I am so sorry” her hand went to her eyes to cover her glasses in shame

“No… no… its OK Ms Mathur… it was too late to switch then I was “able to”

Things rich people did for their kids at the Univ

“Yeah… now I remember” she nodded

“You love Tom Uncle?” she asked jumping up and down

“A LOT” Viveka grinned sheepishly “As you can see I am shoving the whole plate into my mouth”

“Didi.. aapka aur yeh do milaake Rs.222 de do” the boy brought her a transparent sack with two foil boxes

She sucked her breath in audibly, and drank her saliva to cool her palate down and fished for her purse with yet another “Uff”

“What did you have?”

“I am sorry but I cant recall your name” she shoved her pallu almost over her head and asked

“Kalyani….” “KALYANEE “ she said “Remember I go by ALYA” she giggled wanting to be Alia

Viveka rolled her eyes and stopped, just when Raanav looked up from his phone and caught it

“He laughs too” Kalyani promised pulling on Raanav’s teeshirt sleeve

“Haha… I am sure” Viveka nodded

“I will have what she is having” Kalyani yelled in English pointing to Viveka

Viveka and Raanav tried not to smile at that iconic line from Harry met Sally

“You are still wearing that LOW jooda” Kalyani was in awe

“Because I am too lazy to cut, or braid my hair” she giggled

“You are so… such a style statement” Kalyani did a affected hand over heart motion “I am dying” she sighing

“Do u teach here?” he asked

“Oh no… umm… I came here to pick up a journal” she smiled and ssssssed to kill the heat “My… Abhishek promised to get it out for me andhe was gone… so I finally have it, he was able to” she smiled

“Oh” “Umm” he nodded

She had handed the kid money for her food, he brought back change for Rs.500

“Dekh lo Didi aapke peechhe jo bike mein kha rahe the” the boy put a Rs.500 bill up against the sun…

“Nakli hai?” Viveka was distressed

“HAAN” the boy was sad “Ab maalik mere paise kaat lega”

“Oh no… yeh lo” she handed him a Rs.100 whatever measly amount she could compensate

“Nahi rayn do… Didi”

“That is SO bad” she commented to Kalyani

“I KNOW” the young girl was shocked

“He must already be not making enough” Viveka shook her head

“The idea that wages should be fair is medieval don’t you think?” Raanav had the gall to ask .     If they are notset by supply and demand, then there will be a surplus or a deficit of labor…. Agree?”

“Sorry I don’t agree… if none of us made a living wage, then who would buy the Maggi” she asked without a smile

“Using public laws to set the price of milk and food leads to inefficiencies, using public laws to determine the price of labor  leads to unproductive use of labor” he said firmly

He was beyond happy to spot her over here… never imagined he would

But when she said “BF” something inside him triggered

“Well, owning a business comes with employer responsibility and the days of slave trade and labor are over” she smiled sweetly as always

Her conviction for her cause knocked his breath out…. Every d---n time.. he realized

She rarely focused on anything but the topic. She didn’t care where she was or who she was talking to, she went for the jugular

“can we eat?” Kalyani begged

“I have to go” she mumbled

“So good to meet you” Kalyani reached for a hug

Viveka obliged with a smile

“What are you studying here?” she asked as they parted

“Oh this is too much for me…” she waved an arm “I am studying ART… FINALLY in Dresden… BA Pass KILLED ME” she giggled

“That’s wonderful”

“Which college do you teach Ms Mathur?”

“Umm.. JNU… just a side gig… I could not get full time, tenured here… its SO tough”

“YOU are so good.. I am sorry… I HEART YOU Ms Mathur” she giggled and gave her another hug

Viveka walked away, managing her pallu, her voluminous bag, her glasses and her phone, and her bits of heaven in the tiny “panni” as Delhiites wud call it

“She is still TOO gorgeous” Kalyani mumbled watching her walk away

“U like her” he smiled, using that as a license to ogle her

“I thought she was pretty darned cute” Kalyani mumbled

“Did u?” he still stared at her

“She could be way older than u… otherwise I wud hook u up, Tayiji wud kill me if she were older”

“I doubt she is”

“Tayiji is OK?” kalyani’s jaw dropped with a mouthful of noodles

“No I mean not way older than me”😳

Edited by Nisha0604 - 3 years ago
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

“No I mean not way older than me! 

🤣

hatelove2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Aww Meggi. Can’t have enough. Finally Rannv is thinking about her and is impressed. 

modernfamily thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Is she older? Do we know Raanav's age?