Pranbir AU Fanfiction: The girl of my dreams

lostandsherlock thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

This fanfiction has no connection to the original Kumkum Bhagya show. This is an alternate story where the leads are Ranbir and prachi. Their parents are the same as those of the show. 

Chapter 1

Ranbir's point of view

I was the kind of guy who didn't let anything control me; someone who was determined to get something  once I set my heart and mind upon it. I had no clue that a life-altering event would change this very perspective of mine.  

On one such fine day, I was in my black mercedes with my best friend riya, driving to one of my favourite picnic spots. She was in her chirpy self, leaning back against the front passenger seat, asking me, " Why are you listening to this boring song?" 

"Play something nice," she huffed, not giving me any chance to change the song; she herself took the initiative of pushing the button on the music player that changed the song to a more jazzy, upbeat one.

Riya was a lot like me which was why she gelled so well with me. She had this no-nonsense style that didn't allow anyone in any kind of way to walk over her. This queen-bee attitude also made her the most popular girl at our high school 

I was pressing my right leg against the accelerator a lot harder than usual  but I was very much in control of the car. I kept turning the steering wheel when there was any vehicle or any obstacle on the road. 

I was humming to the song; swaying my head left and right; mouthing the exact words of the song but the inevitable happened which I didn't forsee. 

My car hit a very bumpy speed-breaker and I lost control of it. Then my feet tried to find the brake on their own accord and kept pushing on it but my car refused to stop. It started screeching; it kept on running and eventually landed into a very deep gutter. 

My car turned upside down and the glasses on the windows shattered; marking this as the most singular event of my life. 

My eyelids gradually fluttered closed until I could hear a bunch of people carrying my limp body and putting it on a long tray that most likely felt like a stretcher. 

My vision kept going in and out. I felt like my body was trapped between the real world and the other world that those fanatic religious people talked about. 

I could faintly hear the beeping of various electrical equipments. The buzzing of the machine that kept trying to breathe life into my almost life-less body started ringing in my ears like a gentle humming lullaby. 

A group of people started shouting "He is going into a comatose. We have to revive him"

Then my body and spirit catapulted into a different time-line where I was freely driving my black car at a very normal speed but still had the misfortune to almost run into two girls. 

One of the girls was particularly striking with long black hair almost touching her hips and a very innocent face that could put an angel's beauty to shame. 

She and her short chubby friend shouted in unison, "Can't you see we are walking, fool?"

"We could have died," they both yelled together.

"People who value their lives don't walk senselessly in the middle of the streets," I retorted; rushing out of my car and slamming the door closed; slightly angered by such behaviour of the girls. 

"What do you mean by senselessly?" the tall girl demanded, placing her hands on her hips. 

"You were the one who was driving this car blindly. Instead of apologizing, you are arguing with me senselessly. You are the one being senseless," she snapped back, pointing a finger in my direction. 

As I was about to give a fitting reply to her, my sight kept turning a bit hazy. The whole landscape started blurring, going round and round till I stomped my feet so hard on the ground that the two girls yelped in fear.

Edited by lostandsherlock - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chapter 2 

Ranbir's point of view

The tall girl with long hair recovered herself from her shocked state, straightening her long red kurta, she simply glared at me 

"Now you are trying to scare us off by stomping your feet."

"Don't even think for a second that we will be scared with this rude arrogant persona you are imposing upon us, " she spat, looking at me as if I were trying to hurt them.

"Look, miss whatever your name is. I don’t want to continue this argument with you. I am sorry if I hurt you. I can't waste my precious time fighting with you here, " I hissed through gritted teeth. 

As I turned my back on her and her chubby friend, she yelled intending each and every word to be laced with venom.

"I think I wasted my time talking to you and staring at your monkey-like face. Whoever you are, I officially hate you."

Holding the door of my car open, I replied before getting into it , "Our feelings are mutual, miss."

As I started the car, the engine roaring I heard a distant voice yelling to someone, " He is not responding. We have to intensify the electric shocks

I gripped the steering wheel harder; my knuckles turning white and heaved a long clear sigh. I concentrated on the road ahead of me. I was going to my house. I knew that I had to get there so that my mom pallavi wouldn't get worried and start bombarding me with endless calls.

I was officially an adult of 18 years; about to start college. Yet, my mom treated me like an overgrown baby of the family and my grandmother whom I lovingly called Dida played a significant contribution to this. At times, I would get annoyed with this overbearing attention and simply rush to my friend Aryan. He lived just a block away from my house like Riya. 

Aryan and I had sort of a telepathy connection. It ran so deep that we even understood just by looking at each other what we felt. He was about my age. We were planning to enroll in the same college for bachelors in accounting this year. Education was something that I just had to get by because my main passion was football. Since I was a guy from a respectable family, I had to get a degree; something I often saw as a mere obligation to survive in our society.

As my house came nearer, I again heard that distant buzzing sound; screeching. As I pushed the brakes; bringing my car to a halt, I put my hands over my ears to muffle the noise. 

Chapter 3 

Ranbir's point of view 

As I stepped into my house, my mom practically came running with her arms wide open; flinging herself into my arms 

"I got worried, Ranbir."

"Why weren't you answering my calls?" She demanded, placing her right hand on my right cheek.

"Mom, I am going to start college from tomorrow."

"I am officially an adult. I can afford to hang out with my friends for a while without my parents' permission, " I answered; entangling herself from me, taking her right hand and putting it down.

"Won't you have dinner?" she asked me with creases of worry etched in her forehead. 

" I already had dinner. I am going to my room, " I replied, stepping away from her and striding towards the staircase. 

As I ascended the stairs, some blurring horizontal lines kept clouding my vision and I instantly gripped the railings to support myself. I managed to get to the first floor where my room was located and headed straight to it. 

When I entered into my room, I sort of felt a soothing sensation wash over me as if this was something my heart had desired for a long time. 

I took the clock from the table beside my bed and set the alarm to 6:30am. I put it down. I threw myself onto the warm soft white fabric; taking off my shoes and let my eyelids grow heavy with a deep slumber. 

The next morning the alarm started beeping. I jolted myself awake quickly remembering that it was my going to be my first day at college. I got up from bed as fast as I could and hurriedly put on a decent t-shirt. I grabbed my bag and car-keys from my table; slinging it over my shoulder and putting them into the pockets of my jeans.

I rushed outside and got into my car. I started steering towards my college; the place where I would be spending the next four years of my life. 

As I reached my college and got out of car, I saw Aryan waving his hands at me

"Hey, Bro!"

"Come here, " he said, putting his arms around my shoulder in the warm companionship. 

"Our first class is accounting. I wonder what kind of classmates we have to deal with this year, " I told him, slowly removing his arm and fastening our pace towards our classroom. 

"Bro with that charming attitude of yours, you will find everyone crawling to your side; especially the girls, " he grinned impishly, revealing his pearly teeth. 

"Oh really!" I exclaimed, lightly punching  him on his back.

"We will seat in the first row and first column, " I told him; stepping into the classroom. 

Chapter 4 

Ranbir's point of view 

My eyes bulged as I reached the table Aryan and I decided to sit on and saw the  same tall girl with her friend slamming their bags onto the table as us. The moment her eyes landed on me staring down at her in a seemingly death glare, she cried out, 

"It is you, Mr Arrogant."

"Look, miss. I don't want to fight with you here, " I explained, throwing both my hands up in the air in surrender.

"I am politely asking you to move away from this seat because we came here first, " I continued without allowing my anger to get the best of me. 

"Are your names written here on this seat?" She demanded, placing her hands on her hips.

"By the way, we are the ones who came here first. You two wouldn't die if you sat somewhere else for a day, " she stated in a matter of fact kind of way, putting her hands down and looking up at me. 

"I could say the same thing to you two. You guys wouldn't suffer from heart-attacks if you sat somewhere else, " I retorted. 

"But you will not budge in any way.So, It is pointless to argue with two arrogant airheads, " I said with a wave of my right hand in dismissal.

"Arrogant Airheads!" she exclaimed. 

"You and your friend are being arrogant airheads in assuming that we would leave the seat we first found," she snarled, baring her luminescent pearly white teeth.

"Instead of being sorry for almost running over us with your black fancy car, you expect us to fulfill your demand, " she continued. 

"What world do you live in?" she asked, raising her eyebrows as if they would fly up into her hair. 

"Prachi, Why are you fighting with these two idiots? her short friend intervened, putting her hand on prachi's  shoulder.

"Don't waste your time and energy on hopeless cases, " she advised making her sit down. 

"Miss, who do you think you are calling idiots? " Aryan asked prachi's chubby friend. 

"The name is Soha," she interjected 

"The name sahana suits you better because you are just unbearable, " Aryan replied through his gritted teeth. 

"Aryan, let's just go. We shouldn't give so much importance to their lives by talking to them and wasting our time, "  I advised, steering him away before prachi could open her mouth again to give another snarky reply. 

Aryan and I fortunately found two vacant seats side by side in the front row in the last column just a minute before our first accounting class started.

Chapter 5 

Ranbir's point of view

The class started with sir introducing himself as Mr Chaubey and giving us a brief preview into what we learnt about Accounting at our high school. He asked some basic questions to which prachi's hand shot straight up in the air. She answered all of them correctly which just made me roll my eyes and whisper in Aryan's ear

"Miss insufferable know it all just can't resist the temptation of showing off."

Aryan simply chuckled and covered his mouth instantly with both his hands so that Mr. Chaubey couldn't see him.

After Mr Chaubey finished discussing the preliminary chapter, he cleared his throat and straightened his tie before making an announcement 

"For this entire year, you will have to work in pairs to do assignments. These assignments will carry 50% of my course. So try to be creative with them and don't just copy and paste whatever you find in your text-books and internet websites. If you do, you will need give references of those lines. Now I will assign you guys in pairs." 

He started calling out the names of pairs of students who would be working as groups for every assignment in his course. When my turn came, I held back my breath and my jaw dropped to the floor when I heard that prachi and I would be working together as a group for the entire year. 

Chapter 6

Ranbir's point of view 

I heaved a long sigh to process what happened when Aryan heard that he was going to be paired with Prachi's friend, Soha. When Mr Chaubey announced this particular piece of information, Aryan shifted a little closer to me in his seat and hissed 

"This can't be happening to us. We must go to him after our classes to change our partners."

"As if he is going to listen to you, " I huffed, rolling my eyes. 

"Damn! My mood for the entire day has been spoiled," Aryan pouted, voicing out my exact thoughts. 

"How am I going to concentrate on the remaining classes knowing that I will have to work on assignments with Miss unbearable for an entire year," he hushed, trying to keep his voice as low as possible.

"Atleast soha is tolerable enough. Prachi is insufferable to the max," I replied. 

"Okay, We must end this discussion here. Mr Chaubey is looking at us," I said, looking back at my book on my table to give him the impression that I had paying attention to his lecture this entire time. 

All the classes after Accounting passed by in a blur. I didn't keep track of time. After the bell rang in our last class, I went rushing to Prachi, 

"Prachi. We must go to Mr Chaubey to request him to split us into another group," I told her in one rush

"I was about to do the same thing, Ranbir," she said. 

"Atleast, we finally agree on one thing, " I said, striding  towards Mr Chaubey's room, taking big steps.

"I thought we were going together," she glowered. 

"Why do you guys always feel the need to walk ahead of us girls? " she retorted. 

"Why do you girls always lag behind us guys? I snapped back,  not noticing a juice can lying in my way and tripping right over it. 

Seeing me trip, Prachi burst into laughter covering her mouth to contain it. After a moment, She gave me her right hand to pull me back to my feet saying 

"So that we girls can help you guys stand when you fall."

Feel free to criticise. Constructive criticism is appreciated 😊😊

Chapter 7

Ranbir's point of view

I got back on my feet with my bag slung over my right shoulder. I started walking beside prachi at her pace until we reached Mr Chaubey sir's office. Prachi tapped on the door of his office and asked him politely

"May we come in, Sir?"

"Come in," he said in an authorative tone.

We entered his office before he asked us

"What can I do to help you?"

"Sir, we want to ask you if you could change us, split us into another group," I stated, raising my chin a little.

"We want to work with different partners," I added. 

"If I do that in your case, then I will have to do that for all the other students which is simply not possible, " he reiterated, pinching the bridge of his nose. 

"Besides, I have already sent the list of names of all the groups to the Dean. I can't do anything about it, " he continued. 

"It is okay, Sir. We have no problem," prachi concurred, nudging my right shoulder.

"We are going to take your leave, now," she said, turning me around, grabbing my arm and dragging me along with her. 

Being irritated with this behavior of hers, I cried out, "What is your problem?" 

"Let go of my arm, " I ordered her, tearing myself from her grasp and putting some distance between us. 

"I didn't want you to continue arguing with Mr Chaubey about his decision of not changing us, " prachi explained. 

"Are you mental?"

"Do you think I was going to argue with him?" I glowered, an ugly scowl clouding my features.

"Anything can be expected of you," she said. 

"You didn't need to grab my arm for that. You could have signalled me in another way," I spat rubbing the arm she held. 

"Are we going to waste all our time here arguing about the same thing or start strategizing how we will work on our assignments, " prachi queried, giving me a weary look as if she had gotten tired of us talking and going around in circles.

Fantasyera thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

update soon.

Really interesting.

Originally posted by: Fantasyera

update soon.

Really interesting.

Yes. I will update😃