Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

Another question - I had many the last few nights while watching the serial, and am bombarding them here 😆

Which book has it that Pandu wished to have performed the Rajasuya yagna, and Narada gave the Pandavas that message?  (As an aside, I'd have liked them to have shown Madri there as well)

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Where?

There was a ruler named Shalva.  (It's not clear that this is the same Shalva who was defeated by Bheeshma during the abduction of Amba/Ambika/Ambalika: it probably was not).  He was a great friend of Sishupala, and after his death, got boons from Shiva that gave him a powerful flying chariot, and deadly weapons, and w/ that, he besieged Dwarka.  This was during the Rajasuya Yagna aftermath in Indraprastha, where Krishna & Balarama were still there.  Pradhyumna and Krishna's other sons destroyed his army, but Krishna returned in time and asked Pradhyumna and Balarama to protect Vasudev and Ugrasena while he dealt w/ Shalva.

Madra naresh - the uncle of Nakul/Sahadev - was there in Draupadi's swayamvara and was one of the objectors and fought a disguised Bhima, since the mace was his primary weapon as well.  But in the open, he was very supportive of the Pandavas, and therefore Krishna as well.  It was just tragic that he was tricked into joining the Kauravas.

I know about Salva, that is a different kingdom, but Jarasangh was a Samrat, most of the states would have been a vassal to him (might be Madra too), they can't go against their overlord state. Even if not, all of them would definitely want to remain in good books of the Samrat. There was a reason why Kuru and Panchal both didn't help Mathura

Please find below the link

http://mahabharata-resources.org/harivamsa/vishnuparva/hv_2_034.html

rompted by his two dear daughters, who were wives of the valiant (kaMsa), the powerful jarAsaMdha arrived at mathurA.

jarAsamdha was accompanied by all the kings who were under his power, friends, relatives and acquaintances along with their armies.

They were powerful, valiant and great. They did what jarAsaMdha liked. dantavaktra of kArUSha and the valiant king of chedi,

the ruler of kAli~Nga, paundraka the great among the strong, the cunning kaushika and the king of men bhIShmaka,

also rukmi, the son of bhIShmaka, the foremost of the bowmen, who was interested in fighting with vAsudeva and arjuna in the great war,

kaushalya, the king of kAshi, the ruler of dashArNa, sukheshvara, the valiant ruler of videha,

the king of mAdra, the powerful ruler of trigartas, the king shAlva, the valiant and powerful darada,

the ruler of yavana, the valiant bhagadatta, the king of sauvIra, shaibya, the great among powerful pANDya,

subala, the king of gAndhAra, the powerful nagnajit, gonarda the king of kAshmIr, the ruler of darada, the powerful sons of dhR^itarAShtra starting with duryodhana,

and many other powerful and great kings opposing janArdana (kR^iShNa) accompanied jarAsaMdha

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

• I did like Krishna & Balarama's union and conversation w/ their parents in the jail.  However, one of the greatest things that Krishna did was decline the crown of Dwarka, and restore it to Ugrasena.  How come they didn't show that, or have I just not gotten to that part as yet?  Since the next episode seems to be Nanda taking a tearful leave of them and Vasudev taking Krishna and Balarama to Rishi Garg

They did cover it, that video just got taken down from where you're watching and every other channel that has the original version of the series just rips off the first uploader ðŸ˜” Another youtube friend, Vivek Kalla, had more recently put up the full 12 disc set that has all of the original sequences up to Sandipani ashram, but he took it down. Hoping he'll put it up again soon. FWIW dailymotion still has the whole series, so here's the part you're looking for... if you watch the next 1-2 in order, you'll see that the channel you were watching from also missed the coronation/festivities:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5glg3

Edited by MagadhSundari - 3 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5

Lola, thanks for the video, just watched it.

Thought it strange when Ugrasena was furious at Krishna for not leaving Kansa to him.  How did he expect otherwise, when it was predicted that Krishna would be the one killing Kansa?  Also I found it strange that Krishna, who was always to happy to talk about his own divinity, told Ugrasena that he was just a kid and  that it was Ugrasena's power that enabled him to slay Kansa!

Other than that, I'm glad that that part was covered.  Also liked Devaki thanking Nanda for Yashoda's role in raising Krishna

SoniRita thumbnail

What is happening in TV Shree krishna? I am so lost as I couldnt watch it since last 3 days? 

devashree_h thumbnail

Originally posted by: SoniRSippu21

What is happening in TV Shree krishna? I am so lost as I couldnt watch it since last 3 days? 

Uddhav in Gokul track is going on. Jarasandh is doing preparation of attacking Mathura second time. Sunday's episode ended with song "Namami Radhe Namami Krishnam".

SoniRita thumbnail

Originally posted by: devashree_h

Uddhav in Gokul track is going on. Jarasandh is doing preparation of attacking Mathura second time. Sunday's episode ended with song "Namami Radhe Namami Krishnam".

Thank you😃

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

why am i like 20 episodes behind on every single show that i watch?! 😆😭

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: proteeti

why am i like 20 episodes behind on every single show that i watch?! 😆😭

They are cutting so much. I am not liking it at all

The TRPs being affected too.

The TRP is less than 2.5 this week. 

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

They are cutting so much. I am not liking it at all

The TRPs being affected too.

The TRP is less than 2.5 this week. 

Heya!

That's bad though, I saw the TRP chart and was quite surprised to see the drop, it's justified I guess!