Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Morty thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

This single screen owners and there kids will watch dark,black mirror on ott.and they want others to watch trash bollywood  movies in theatre

YoWorld thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I would like to see who goes to the theatre this year.

roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

These theaters made me feel popcorn, samosas and sandwich are luxury items. The amount I could have a buffet at a 3-star restaurant is the amount they charge for 1 popcorn and pepsi 😆

Originally posted by: roni_berna

These theaters made me feel popcorn, samosas and sandwich are luxury items. The amount I could have a buffet at a 3-star restaurant is the amount they charge for 1 popcorn and pepsi 😆

True, I used to feel the same earlier and always ranted how we should be allowed to take our own food and prices should be slashed but later realized that a multiplex is just like a hotel. I might be paying for just the popcorn but in reality I'm paying for the whole experience in those two hours and that Rs.250 per tub is actually being charged for many other things and not just popcorn.

Like the Pvr theatre I regularly go to is situated in a mall that is located in one of the most commercial centres in the city. So a part of the price I pay for the popcorn is actually for the insane rent PVR needs to pay to the mall. Then as I enter the theatre and till I leave, I fail to even spot a speck of a dust anywhere around the theatre. There are always atleast two janitors continuously keeping the toilets shining clean, water coolers always filled, there are like 20 people from the theatre all around to help the customers at a time, around 7 people cleaning every audi after every show for 15 minutes so around just 30-40 cleaning and serving staff. So again a part of my popcorn price is to pay their salaries. Then as I enter the audi, absolutely spick and span cushioned seats, easily the BEST sound system and picture quality on the screen with high end dolby atmos and 4K projectors running continuously from early morning till midnight. So again a major portion of that popcorn price going into the maintenance and then obviously other charges to run the establishment and finally a scope of earning profit so that the business keeps running.

I realized this very late after an industrial visit to a theatre but it's INSANE the amount of money a multiplex spends daily just to keep shows running. There are times when matinee shows and early evening shows run empty with just 20 people yet the expense is the same irrespective of the number of people in theatres. Like just a high end projector for an audi goes over 30 lacs and then seperate costly lamps for them that need to be replaced time to time, so many ACs running just to keep the projector and sound system cool, so many servers and other technical back end processes happening behind while we comfortably watch the film and all so expensive so finally I've stopped fretting over popcorn and water bottle prices. Coz I've realized it's just like when you want to take public bus to work and on an overworked day you would want to take an uber for luxury- same difference between going to a normal theatre and paying 100 rs for popcorn and then going to multiplex and paying 300 rs for the same thing.

And I have absolutely no fking idea why I wrote such a big paragraph.😆 I guess just too excited with all these technical film side discussions since they hardly happen in the forum.😆

DanmeiLover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I've very clear idea about it in my mind. If the movie is expected to have great visuals, it has to be experienced at the theaters or you are surely missing part of the experience. 

But if not , then I prefer watching at the quiet of the home , where I can just sit on my bed comfortably in my little shorts , with cheap cola cans , and watch it at my pace , go backwards in some scenes and even rewatch part of it while I'm watching first time itself. 

For example,  I prefer watching El Camino at OTT from home , but Black widow I'd watch at the theaters. 

i never bought a thing in theatres unless someone else is paying. I rather have pizza in dominos then wasting money on popcorn lol

Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Ennuyi

Same for me..watching a film in theater is such a thrill...I even liked that Sid-Katty film 😆 I tend to like most films that I watch in theater, only after 2-3 days I realise they are bad films 😆

lol thank god its not just me😆