FIGHT AGAINST DESTINY-PreRishFF Thd#3 (Chapter 28-34) - Page 61

Posted: 3 years ago

Image.

waiting for swati to post my waiting gif. 

Originally posted by WaqtZaya

Image.

waiting for swati to post my waiting gif. 

Itnehaa ho gayi, intezaar ki,

Ayi na Kuch khabar Meenu ki,

Yeh humein hai yakeen, 

Bewafaa Woh Nahi, 

For wajah kya hui

Itnejaar ki ๐Ÿค“

Hello Amazing People๐Ÿค—

I am late by a few hours, my apologies for this delay. I wrote this one bhagte daudte so please forgive me if the awaited PreRish confrontation is not as per your expectations. 

I will keep this messge short like last time (because I am now sleep deprived and my fingers refuse to type anymore) I'll let you guys take it from here.

If any errors, other than typo or grammar, please do let me know as I have written it bhagte bhagte so it's possible.

Thank you again for all your love and support.. I appreciate it.

PS- i have kept FB dialogues and monologues in bold for easy differentiation. I hope it helps while reading.๐Ÿ˜Š

Loveโค๏ธ

Sunshine:)

"Ms. Sharma, will you please tell me what's wrong? Aap ro kyu rahi hain achanak. Is it about something I said? I just asked about your family and child. Aap aise kyu react kar rahi hain?"

She stared in his eyes and gave away a painful chuckle, as more tears rolled down her face. "Family? Child?" Each word she said was dipped in excruciating pain visible on her face. "Aap bhaut ache businessman hai na Mr. Bajaj. Everyone says you are the smartest, the best, aap bina kahe sab samajh jate hain, jaise aap Reddys ko dekh kar samajh gaye the they are involved in a land scam... main itne dino se aapke samne hu, par aap aaj tak ye nahi samajh paye kiโ€ฆ"

CHAPTER 33

She stopped right there when she heard Kukki's voice. 

"Mamma.. come help me.." Kukki called her from her place. Prerna quickly realised what she was doing. 'I had decided not to tell him anything' she recalled the battle she had fought between her mind and heart. She could still hear his voice asking her what's wrong but she just looked down.

'Noo I am not telling him anything. It's not concerned with him' she thought, looking away from him, finding a way to undo what she just did in a spur of the moment. She knew his gaze was still fixed at her.

Kukki's second call came to her rescue and she quickly wiped her tears and got up from her place leaving the conversation incomplete and began helping Kukki. She acted like whatever happened just now never happened. 

Plastering a huge smile on her face for Kukki, she left behind a puzzled Rishabh, still in a kind of shock. She looked happy, enjoying making Kukki's sand house. She said something to Kukki that made her clap and Prerna tickled, till his little girl fell in her arms laughing and pleading to stop. He was relieved to see a smile back on her daughter's face but Prerna's smiling face made absolutely no sense to him. He felt like the last few minutes weren't real but a figment of his own imagination.

'Did I really see her crying just a few minutes back' he thought but a pull on his hand brought him out of his reverie. It was Kukki asking him to come and help her with the sand house "Papa.. come and help.." she said.

Kukki dragged him to her incomplete sand house but his eyes were still fixed on Prerna, noticing every expression. She didn't look at him even once but he was scrutinising every little move she made to find any hint of pain that he saw in her eyes a while back. Even a tiniest of the clue was enough for him to believe that he was not hallucinating or imagining things a while back. But he found none. She acted like she always did. He wished to read her eyes but she never looked at him.

"Thank you Papa-Mumma, this is so good" Kukki jumped and clapped looking at her sand house, breaking his chain of thoughts. "Isn't it beautiful, Papa" said Kukki, pointing towards the ground.  When he looked down at the sand structure he knew he made no contribution because he was lost all this while. 

As he blankly stared at the ground, Prerna's voice grabbed his attention and he looked at the duo. Prerna held Kukki's hands and said "Kukki baby, it's very late now. Ab aapko ghar jana chahie.. you must be hungry.."

'NOO!!! I need to know why was she crying? Was she even crying?' He thought, doubting himself.

"No I want to stay here for some more time please.." said Kukki, wrapping her arms around Prerna. When Kukki stopped her he felt a little relief that he could ask her.

Prerna placed her lips next to her ears and whispered "Aap nahi jayenge to aapke Papa bhi nahi ja payenge. He needs to rest, right?" 

He couldn't hear her but he knew she was trying to convince her. He waited for her to finish, so he could talk.

He saw Kukki nodded and kissed Prerna. She turned back and hugged Rishabh, ordering him to take her home. For the past few minutes things made no sense to him. He wondered what she said to his daughter that she agreed so easily. 

"Ms. Sh.." he was about to speak but she cut him midway.

"Mr. Bajaj? Aap dono ko ghar jana chahie.. I'll also take your leave.." said Prerna and abruptly left picking her bag without giving him a chance to complete.

"Ms. Sharma wait, please" he said, getting up on his feet. He wanted to talk to her but she kept moving away from them, taking quick steps- almost running!

'What's wrong with her? Did I do something? But I just..' he thought, While his confused yet worried eyes followed her retreating figure, when Kukki pulled his hand "chalein?"

Rishabh looked down at Kukki just for a second and in that less of a time Prerna had vanished from their sight. He looked around but she was nowhere to be seen. 'Something is not right with her' he thought as he took slow steps towards the parking area.

Prerna had found herself a secluded spot behind an abandoned cart and cried her heart out. She could see Rishabh and Kukki leaving the beach and how he turned back several times; his eyes searching for her. It broke her heart to do this to him, but she felt helpless.

'I am so sorry Mr. Bajaj, I don't think I have courage to tell you.. I am soo sorryy.. (she covered her face with her hands) I can't trouble you more if I haven't done enough already" she hid her face in the arms over her knees and let her feelings flow, discarding the mask of happiness that she had put on to hide her inner turmoil.

Rishabh's Car

'Family? Child?' 

'Main itne dino se aapke samne hu, par aap ab tak ye nahi samajh paye ki..' 

Sitting in the back seat with Kukke, their ride back home was not a smooth one for him because her teary eyes filled with pain wouldn't leave his brain. Kukki was back to her chirpy self sitting in his embrace, throwing endless questions at him like always. Though he was answering her, his own brain was occupied with so many questions of his own. And to his bad luck he had no answers. 'What was she trying toโ€ฆ'

Prerna's Cab

When she was sure that both of them had left the beach she hired a cab home. Sitting in the back seat she wiped her fresh warm tears, rolling down her eyes without her permission and said in a determined (inner) voice to herself. 'You have to deal with your own mess, Prerna Sharma. He or his family had nothing to do with what happened with you. It was all you and your blind trust on people you loved the most. You can't put him through any more stress, they have had enough because of you in the past. No more' She thought, recalling everything she had done to hurt them. 'Today only he taught you how you shouldn't let your distraction show on your face, so just do it. Be like him and never let him know, like he didn't let youโ€ฆapni sob story sunane ki koi zarurat nahi hai' she told herself.

ALTAMOUNT TOWERS

9.00 pm

Dinner was quiet from his end, he was completely lost in his thoughts. Not getting answers to his questions had always been a troublesome affair for him and this wasn't any different. He ate enough to take his meds.

PRERNA'S APARTMENT

9.00pm

Prerna just sat with Cuppa noodles on the dining table. All she did was move her fork looking blankly ahead at the wall. She had no wish to eat. His questioning eyes won't leave her mind. 

'Ms. Sharma, wait please.' She closed her eyes.

"He had so many questions.. he will not let this go so easily. Kal zaroor poochenge.. ohh God, you shouldn't have left abruptly Prernaโ€ฆ kuch keh deti.. aise kyun aayi waha se.. what if he questions you again at work? He will for sureโ€ฆItni asani se nahi bhoolenge. Think Prerna, think. Kuch soch.."

Rishabh's Study

9.20pm

Post dinner while Kukki was enjoying a cartoon movie with Tanvi and Masi, and he was in his study on a call with Mr. Mehra. 

"Mehra, stay there till you need to.. Goodnight" disconnecting the call, he looked back on the laptop screen to check his emails. He tried to focus on his emails but he couldn't.

'Main itne dino se aapke samne hu, par aap aaj tak ye nahi samajh paye kiโ€ฆ' he shut the laptop screen with a force because her words kept coming back to him. 

'Kya nahi samajh paya.. what did she mean? I can't be wrong. She did want to say something about her family? (he recalled her painful smile when she said those words). There was so much pain in her eyes.. That wasn't my imagination..' Restlessly he paced around and rubbed his forehead trying to connect things. 

He terribly missed his cigar and drink in his hands, but he resisted as he still didn't have his pain episodes fully under control. He didn't tell anyone because of his meeting, neither could he get all his tests done when he got Masi's call for Kukki. But after Kukki's outburst in the evening he had made his mind to see his doctor the next day. However, after meeting Prerna all his focus was on Prerna's incomplete conversation. 

He picked up his phone to call Aditya and see if he knew something but rejected the idea as he didn't want to make things awkward and dropped his phone on the table, feeling all the way more frustrated.

He sat in his chair, with his face covered in his hands. He couldn't think of anything else. He needed answers.

Prerna's Apartment

9.20pm

'I'll tell him sand chala gaya ankhon mein.. ohh yes why not, and he will believe you..' Prerna's mind was exhausted thinking of excuses for how she reacted at the beach, but she couldn't come up with something he would buy.

She sat with her head over her left hand, still fiddling with the fork when her phone vibrated on the table next to her, flashing Aditya's number. She cleared her throat and received the call.

"Hello Aditya.."

"Are you okay, Prerna?" aked Aditya as she sounded quite low.

"Yeah.. sleepy, I think" said Prerna, as she got up from her place to dump the noodles inside the refrigerator.

"Ohh okay. Anyway like I said Tanvi and I are leaving for the group visit now. Thank you for your help with RB" he did sound a lot more relaxed than he did when he had called her in the morning.

"No problem. What did his doctor say?" she asked, taking her place on the couch.

"Aaj sirf scan hua so uske reports kal tak aa jayenge. Kal kuch aur tests ke liye jana hai, wo Masi dekh lengi.. thankfully he is not going to office tomorrow"

"Okay.." said Prerna, lazily rubbing her face. It took her a few moments to register what Aditya said. Her face came alive as she said in a voice laced in slight excitement "He is not going to be in office tomorrow!!! (She realised she showed a bit too much of excitement and she got back to her previous tone) Good for him, he did look drained out today at the office" she said without attracting any unnecessary suspicion from his end, also, he was a bit distracted himself as she could hear some sounds like he was helping Tanvi with the luggage.

"By the way, I called to remind, that you have to go to Pune tomorrow, yaad hai na? Poora blueprint ready karke lena hai kal hi. So we have some time to study and forward to the Area Officer. Prajakta had made all the arrangements. Be there by 12.00 noon okay?" Said Aditya.

'Of course I am out on a visit tomorrow. Mr. Bajaj agar aye bhi office to bhi I don't have to meet him. And I get more time to think what to tell him' all of a sudden she felt a little less anxious than what she did, before this call.

'Are you talking to Prerna? I want to talk too.." Prerna heard Tanvi's voice.

'Hi Prerna!! You know what??' Prerna noticed how Tanvi just whispered the second sentence. "I am so excited to be with Adi.. you were right, he is so sweet.. I can't tell you.. but I can feel butterflies inside me (she giggled like a child)" Prerna could hear her suppressed excitement and happiness, probably he was around while she was talking.

"He is so protective and caring. Only person I once felt this way was for Ri (she stopped) but I am kind of falling for him Prernaโ€ฆ I can't help it.. I am so excited for the trip. I must thank Rishabh for convincing Adi for this..."

Prerna had a faint smile on her slightly puffed up face hearing Tanvi. "Take it easy Tanvi.. It's okay to like someone and I can understand, if that someone is Aditya. But just bear in mind that he had his own share of heartbreak. It was long back, but he is still not out of it. Last time Mumbai aayi thi tab he had shared about it. So, just go slow and enjoy your trip. I am so happy for you Tanvi" said Prerna and a genuine smile creeped over her lips.

"Thank you Prerna, you are so thoughtful. You always care about others feelings. I will keep this in mind. Lo Adi se baat karo.. Goodnight"  said Tanvi.

'Where was this thoughtfulness Prerna all the time you were in Basu Badi with Mr. Bajaj?' She told herself.

"Prerna! Are you there???" She heard Aditya.

"Yess.. I am."

"All the best for your first solo Meeting as a permanent member of AMRA. Don't forget to carry the documents that Prajakta prepared" said Aditya.

"Aditya let's go.. we'll be late otherwise" Prerna heard Tanvi's voice from the other end. 

"I will carry everything Aditya, don't worry. You go ahead, have a safe drive you two. Good night" she kept the phone aside and lied down on the couch on her side, holding a cushion close for some comfort. She needed it. She could relax for a day, was her last thought before she drifted into sleep.

Kukke's Room

11.00pm

Rishabh lied in the bed with Kukki sleeping next to him. He was still thinking about what Prerna said before she looked all happy with Kukki. He wanted the night to get over so he could meet and ask Prerna, why she abruptly left from the beach. He knew something was wrong but what, he had no clue. He closed his eyes but opened the very next moment. Immediately he picked up his phone and texted Nidhi.

Kukki moved a little closer to him in her sleep and he hugged her, calming him a bit as he looked at her relaxed face. 

-------------------------------------------------

TUESDAY (NEXT DAY)

BI HQ

8.30 AM

After dropping Kukki to school, he directly reached his office, quite earlier than he usually did. Pacing in his cabin he waited for Nidhi to come. He had texted her to reach early. 

Nidhi arrived at 8.45am and found him in his cabin, looking a bit impatient and restless like he always did when something bothered him. She knocked and entered the room.

"Good morning Mr. Bajaj. I am sorry I am 5 mins late, I checked your message a little late in the morning. By the way Aaj to aap office nahi aane wale the, you had your appointment at 10?" she said.

"I got it postponed to afternoon. Did you get what I asked for?" Nidhi didn't fail to notice how he didn't even greet her, something he almost never did. 

"Here. I got all the records of those who joined AMRA in the past 2 months" said Nidhi and placed some files on his table.

"Thank you Ms. Nayak. That'll be all!.." he said, sitting back in his chair. 

As soon as Nidhi left the cabin, he had hit the blinds. Nidhi looked back with confusion as rarely did he use the blinds of his cabin. He usually behaved like this when he had to crack a difficult deal, but she knew there was no such deal in pipeline. Wondering what was going on inside her boss's mind she went back to her workstation.

Inside the cabin, it didn't take him much time to pull out the records of the person he was looking for. He had asked for all records but he knew he just needed one. It was Prerna's file. Going through her educational certificates, work experience documents from Acharyas, he landed at her resume. 

"Prerna Sharma, daughter of Rajesh Sharma, MBA-Finance.." He mumbled while reading all the details mentioned, until he stopped at "Single.." She had mentioned her Marital Status as single. He could not believe his eyes, as he leaned back in his chair he was a bit confused if she had submitted an older version of her CV or a typing error or was she really not married. He needed answers, quick answers.

He called Nidhi and asked her to send Prerna to his cabin asap.

AMRA FLOOR

9.00am

Prerna too had reached early to collect the documents from Prajakta and leave before 9.30, leaving no space for an encounter with him even if he came to office. Restlessly she was tapping her nails at her desk waiting for Prajakta, checking time every now and then.

She almost jumped off her seat when the landline on her desk echoed in a comparatively empty office. 

"Prerna Sharma here.."

"Ms. Sharma.. great you are in office. Mr. Bajaj wants to meet you right now. He said it's urgent" said Nidhi.

Prerna's heart dropped into her stomach. "Okay.." is what she said before disconnecting the call. An unknown fear had engulfed her.

'Noo...No.. this wasn't in the plan..' she was lost in her thoughts that she didn't even hear Prajakta who stood by her side apologising for being late.

'Mr. Bajaj wants to see me. I'll be back' said Prerna and dragged her feet out of AMRA work floor.

23rd Floor

9.10 am

As Prerna neared his cabin, she noticed the blinds and that made it clear that she wasn't called to discuss work.

She opened the door a little and peeked inside. 

"Come in" he said as he stood, with his back facing her.

"You called?" She asked hesitatingly.

He turned and walked towards her. She couldn't tell the expression on his face but he did have a lot to say or ask is what she felt. Within seconds a paper replaced his face in front of her eyes. She looked at the paper and pulled it slowly from his hand. 

"Can you explain this? Did you submit incorrect information to us?" he asked. 

She stared at the area circled several times with a red pen. 

MARITAL STATUS- Single.

She stared at the paper and then looked at him.

"Are you going to speak up?" he said in a demanding tone, almost threatening. Remembering her promise to herself that she won't let anything show, she tried to keep her face straight but for how long could she stand those eyes right in front of her with nothing but questions in them. Questions that she had the answers for.

Prerna soon realised there was no point in pretending as there was no way she could hold it to herself. All her plans to hide vanished into the thin air. She was trapped and there was no running away this time. She had to face her fear and HIM.

She gathered her scattered thoughts and said in a low voice. "Mr. Bajaj, you've seen me as a married person for 3 months. I know those weren't the best days for you to remember, but didn't you notice any difference in me since then?" her eyes pooling as she looked into his. She saw movement in his eyes which were fixed at hers since she entered the cabin, like they were searching for something.

He looked at her closely for the first time and she did look different. He had failed to notice that all this while she wore no signs of a marriage, like she did back in Basu Badi. He didn't believe in them, but she did. He hadn't noticed it till now because subconsciously he knew she was married. Why wouldn't she be? She always wanted to marry Anurag, the person she called her soulmate. He had no reasons to doubt that she wouldn't be married to the love of her life after he himself made all the arrangements before leaving Calcutta. There was nothing to stop them.

He still couldn't believe any of his thoughts, he needed to hear from her. He didn't want to assume things and asked "What do you mean?"

"Mr. Bajaj, aap samajh rahe hain main kya kehna chahti hu par aapko shayad yakeen nahi aa raha hai. Ayega bhi kaise, jis tarah din-raat, sote-jagte bas Anurag aur uske pyaar ke baare mein baat karti thi, to koi bhi ye kaise soch sakta hai ki wo shaadi nahi hui. (She looked down at her resume) I did not submit incorrect information Mr. Bajaj. (She looked at him) The marriage.. it never happened.."

Rishabh stood there like a statue. He took several moments before he could react. "This.. this doesn't make any sense.." he blurted and went back to his chair. 

She faced away from him and recalled every incident of that night as she took slow steps. She stopped when she remembered how everything in her life changed the very moment Anurag stepped out that night. 

With her back still facing him she said "I know, it doesn't make any sense. Mujhe khud samajh nahi aya tha. Aapke jane ke baad.. aisa kuch hua ki wo shaadi ho nahi payi. Aur agle hi din mujhe Basu Badi se bahar jana pada (nikal diya gaya- she thought in her mind).. tabse main apni family ke sath hi hu. Aapne jab bhi meri family ke baare mein poocha, I meant my own family not the one I was about to begin with An.. (she stopped)"

"What happened?" he asked as he stared at her back, still in shock. He wanted to know what led to all this.

Prerna turned to face him to tell him, but she remembered her confrontation with herself whether she should tell him about Anurag being missing or not. Looking at his worried face, she decided not to. She didn't want to drag him into something she knew troubled him, more importantly he didn't want to know about like Mr. Mehra had told her.

She weakly smiled and walked towards him. "That's not important Mr. Bajaj; important ye hai ki wo shaadi kabhi hui hi nahi"

She came down on her knees and sat on his left side holding the arm of his chair. She looked at him and said "Yaad hai aapne kaha tha kisi aur se pehle apni self respect karna zaroori hai, otherwise everyone will take you for granted.. bas wahi hua mere sath. Jinhe maine khud se bhi zyada importance di they crushed me and my dreams in every sense possible. (She let out a painful chuckle) I learnt the lesson the hard way Mr. Bajaj. But I did. I worked on myself, I made smaller changes and I have come so far.. Main Maa se hamesha kehti thi ki agar life aapse milne ka ek chance degi to I'd say thank you for that little advice of yours. That advice showed me the way when I had lost everything. When I thought everything had come to an end. Thank you very much Mr. Bajaj..I will always be grateful for that one advice"

She looked at her watch and said "Mr. Bajaj, jab se main yaha aayi hu, tabse I have learned a lot from you. And one of those things is to be on time. I have to reach Pune at 11.30. If I don't leave now, I'll be late. I shall see you later, please take care" she said and left before he even knew.

Rishabh sat in his chair, blank, devoid of any thoughts, still processing and trying to make sense of things she said. He walked towards the window looking at the chaos outside mirroring his internal turmoil. He was not yet able to internalise all this new information. How ignorant he had been, unknowingly raising this topic several times, that must have rubbed like salt on her wounds for sure, the thought troubled him. No matter what happened, the truth was that she loved Anurag and it must have been painful for her when she couldn't be with him.

While looking outside the window every incident flashed back in front of eyes when he had mentioned about it and she just left without saying a word. He did nothing with wrong intention but a guilt of hurting an already hurting person was taking over him. He knew how much it hurts when someone pokes your wounds that haven't healed yet. 

He tried to divert his attention towards work but it wasn't helpful. He cancelled all his appointments he had before lunch and went back home. 

Kukki was in school and he laid in her bed with his eyes closed. 

'Papa please don't leave me..' Kukki words came back to him. Kukki's teary face hit him the same way like it did a day before. That's when he remembered Prerna's daughter. 'How is she managing being so far from her?' He sat up straight as something struck his mind from their conversation on the beach about the stay at the hotel.

He recalled what Prerna had told him on the beach. He quickly got up and reached Kukki's cupboard. He checked all the drawers and removed some of her clothes, when his gaze fell on the duffle bag he had carried to the hotel. He pulled the bag out and found her notes in the side pocket along with Kukki's medicines. 

He read the first note, that's when he felt like someone snatched the ground from under his feet. He opened the second one and almost stumbled but balanced holding the cupboard door. An unknown fear had gripped him as he stared at her notes.

'This is not right!!' He repeated several times inside his mind, assuring himself that there was a mistake. He needed to see Prerna right then.

He looked at his watch and rushed out to pick up Kukki from school. He called his driver and left for Kukki's school.

BI HQ

2.00pm

He had asked Nidhi to pass on a message for Prerna to meet him as soon as she was back. Ever since he had read the notes he was on the edge and Kukki didn't fail to notice the fear on his face.

"Papa why are you not eating?" asked Kukki, looking at her dad lost in his thoughts.

"I will.. aap finish karo.." he said, feeding her.

She looked at his empty plate and then at him. "But Papa.."

"Baby, finish your food..your tutor would be here soon. Papa ko abhi bhook nahi lagi hai.." he said, wiping her face.

Kukke got up from her chair and climbed over him to sit over his lap. She lowered her head over him "don't be scared, it'll be alright Papa.." she said. 

Rishabh hugged her tightly and spoke in his mind 'Papa is scared baby. I hope everything is alright'

"Thank you for the hug Princess.. Papa needed it" he said, kissing over the crown of her hair.

"I know.." said Kukki and kissed him too.

7.30 PM

Most of the staff had left when Nidhi came to his office.

"Sir, Ms. Sharma will be back by 8.30. Just received her message, she had connectivity issues she said" said Nidhi.

"Thank you!"

"Anything else Sir?" She asked.

"Nothing, please go home, I am also leaving" said Rishabh.

Nidhi left and Rishabh decided to take Kukki out for an early dinner, as he wanted to see Prerna when she was back.

BI HQ

Rishabh's Cabin

9.00 pm

Entire floor was empty and he was still pacing inside his cabin when he saw her outside his cabin, he opened the door, held her by her wrist and dragged her inside his room, leaving her dumbfounded. She failed to understand what was happening. Rishabh's gaze fell at Kukki who was sleeping on the bed after winning all carrom rounds against him and his eyes scanned for something. 

Prerna wanted to ask what was going on but also kept quiet not wanting to wake up Kukki.

Soon she found herself being pulled by him and they were both inside a space that looked like a pantry. It was a spacious kitchen kind of a place inside his private room. Once she was done scanning the room she felt his grip on her wrist loosened.

He kept the notes on her hand and stepped back. She looked at the note and then into eyes filled with fear he possibly was battling. 

"Read it.." is all he said.

She followed his instruction and looked at him quizzically as she had no clue why he gave it to her. "These are my thank you notes. What about these?" She asked reluctantly.

"The post scriptโ€ฆ" he stood there with hands on his waist, holding his breath as if preparing for a huge jolt. He looked at her with a hope to hear something that'd prove his fear wrong. 

Thank you for the most amazing experience of my life, loved it!

Wish I had an idea about your 5 years oldโ€™s mood, I would have never complained. 

PS- I too have a 5 years old daughter :)

I am sorry.

A mother

She mumbled as she read the first one. 

"The second one!" She heard his voice. 

I know this nowhere matches the breakfast at a luxury restaurant, but I wanted to thank you! 

My 5 years old would have loved it, I hope yours like it too! I don't know but something makes me feel, you both are lucky to have each other by your side!

PS: you are gifted with a beautiful voice!

Thank you

Love to your little girl!

"My 5 years old..." She stumbled on her feet mumbling the words, and found support on the platform behind her.

"Tell me it's a mistake.. please." He said in a pleading tone as he stood glued to his place. 

Tears pooled in her eyes and she shook her head slowly, not breaking eye contact with him. "It is all true. Only child that made me a mother for the first time ever is a 5 year old, soon to be 6, sleeping in a deep sleep outside this door. There is no mistake here Mr. Bajโ€ฆ" 

He felt like someone had sucked air out of that confined space, he loosened his tie to breathe but it wasn't working very well. His lips tried to move but there was no connection between his brain and body. He wanted to speak but he couldn't.

"Mr. Bajaj. Like there is no family, there is nooooโ€ฆ" she moved ahead and clutching his shirt she buried her face into his chest, tears bursting out of her eyes. Finding someone who knew about her child's existence for the very first time, she let go of her feelings like a closed dam was opened and she poured out everything she had been holding back for so long.

Rishabh had hit the wall behind him as she rested all her weight on him and he was too shocked to stay put.

"I didn't even get to know if it was a girl or a boy.. maine usey kho diya.. I lost my child Mr. Bajajโ€ฆ I lost my child"

He closed his eyes hearing her painful cries. His hands hung lifelessly by his side and his legs were ready to give in anytime.

"Ek rally mein Pata nahi kisko Anurag samajhke uske peeche bhag rahi thiโ€ฆ wo to nahi mila par achanak kisi ne fire kiya aur waha sablog bhagne lage aur main.. kab road par giri aur kitne log  mere upar se chale gaye mujhe pata nahi.. I laid on the divider covered in my own blood..maine help lene ki koshish ki Mr. Bajaj, but (she recalled how she had extended her hand for help towards a person in a car, but all she saw was glass being rolled up) jab aankh kholi to I was in a hospital and doctor na bataya that.. I miscarried my baby.." Prerna clutched his shirt with more force and tightly shut her eyes, breaking into a painful cry. "Maine khud ko aur usey bachane ki koshish ki thi, I tried Mr. Bajaj..par I couldn't do anything.. I couldn't do anything.." she cried.

Rishabh didn't know if he even felt anything as he stared ahead picturing everything happening with her as she shared, Prerna's weight pulling him down and he just gave in, slipping down the wall along with her. His eyes were as hard as rock, he didn't blink even once. He sat with his knees slightly bent up, Prerna's face dug in the left side of his chest and her fingers in a tearing grip over his shirt.

A pull on his shirt and slightly raised yet muffled voice "aap sun rahe hain Mr. Bajaj.. I lost everything.." brought him out of his trance. Slowly he looked down at her head leaning against him and she was shaking because of her loud sobs. 

He didn't know what to do, her pain was too great for him to console or say anything, so, all he did was wrap his arms around her to provide little comfort he could and rested his head back at the wall with his eyes closed. 

'Aap hi hain jise uske bare mein pata tha, aur koi nahi janta. Aaj tak uske baare mein main kisi se baat bhi nahi kar payi Mr. Bajaj. Koi nahi janta us din I lost everything. Koi nahi janta that there existed a life that I lost. Itne mahino se ye andar hai, par koi nahi mila jisko bata sakun that.. khud ke aur pillow ke alawa ye kisi ko nahi bata payi main.."

He tightened his embrace and let her vent it all out that she has been carrying inside for the past so many months. He had lost enough in life to not feel her loss and he tried to provide a little support he could. Though a guilt was also slowly creeping in the back of his mind if he was somehow responsible for this, but Prerna's voicr brought him back putting his guilt ridden thought on hold.

"Maine uska zara bhi khayal nahi kiya.. Uski protection meri responsibility thi but I failed. Pyaar ke peeche bhagte bhagte sab kuch kho diya maine.. yaha tak ki apne.. aaj kuch bhi nahi hai life mein..nothing at all..' Prerna kept mumbling for how long neither of them had an idea. He kept listening to whatever she had to say. 

They had no idea for how long they sat there on the floor. In that moment of grief, they came together as parents who lost their child. Prerna had slept in his comforting arms over his chest, but he was wide awake yet lost. 

ALTAMOUNT TOWERS

9.45PM

Masi saw her phone and it had 11 missed calls of Rastogi. He had been trying to reach Rishabh but when he couldn't he called Masi.

Masi called back and Rastogi picked at the first ring itself. "Shardaji, aap log phone kyu nahi utha rahe hain? Aur Rishabh kaha hain? Main kabse call laga rahu wo utha nahi raha hai aur nahi milne aya wo aaj?"

"Hum thoda busy the Rastogiji. But aap itna pareshan kyun sound kar rahe hain?" She asked.

"Shardaji kuch bhi kariye aur kal subah Rishabh ko leke yahan aayiye"

"Kya baat hai Rastogiji.. sab theek hai?"

"I got his scans an hour back, and it's not good. He needs an urgent endoscopy. Aap please usey leke aa jayiye. Delay nahi kar sakte" he said, with worry.

"Hum kal le ayenge usey.." his call made Masi panick. She immediately called Rishabh.

Rishabh's Room

10.00 pm

Prerna shifted a bit in his arms and he realised that they had been sitting in an uncomfortable position for too long. A sudden realisation struck him real hard that he was too close and he quickly loosened his arms around her. 

Carefully he lifted her head off his chest and looked at her tear stained face. He felt her pain and felt miserable that he couldn't do anything about it. Taking her bridal style he took her out of the door and made her sleep on the left side of the bed, Kukki slept on the right side. He was relieved that Kukki was fast asleep. 

Rishabh reached Kukki and sat next to her caressing her hair. That's when he saw Prerna's hands searching for something over the empty bed as she murmured Kukki's name a couple of times in her sleep. He looked at Kukki and then at her and took a deep breath. Staring at Kukki for a moment he moved his hands under her head and legs and lifted her off the bed. 

With his knees on the bed he lowered Kukki in the middle of the bed so Prerna's hand could find her. As soon as Prerna's hands reached her daughter she pulled her closer in an instant and not to his surprise Kukki recognised her touch too and wrapped her arms around Prerna. 

He felt a sudden wave of shooting pain again and shut his eyes tight. He got up quickly and felt light headed, finding support in the wall he stood there blinking his eyes till he felt stable. He sat on the opposite side of the bed for sometime, looking at these two  fitting each other like pieces of a puzzle. 

'I didn't know if it was a boy or girl Mr. Bajaj'.. 

''Mujhe nahi pata kitne log mere upar se nikal gaye' 

"I laid on the divider, covered in my own  and probably my baby's blood.."

He closed his eyes as he could imagine the incident, creating havoc inside him. Prerna opened her heart to him, who was he supposed to talk to? To say how much he was hurting inside? How he wanted to go back in time and change everything, only if he could.

What happened with Prerna was unbearable for him. He only knew one way as he needed some relief from the horrifying images. He got up from the bed, and after a long battle with himself he gave in and got his cigar case and a bottle of alcohol with a glass and went out to his cabin, leaving Kukki and Prerna inside. 

He sank on the couch in the corner thinking about everything that she told him happened in her life in the past months. 

'I accept you, along with your child'

I laid on the divider, covered in my own  and probably my baby's blood.."

He filled the glass and gulped the whole thing in a go. Burning sensation of his throat made him feel good. Like punishing himself for not being there. He lit a cigar and taking a long puff, he rested his head back, feeling relaxed inhaling tobacco after a long time. He poured another drink and washed his meds with it. He sat there thinking and drinking.

ALTAMOUNT TOWERS

10.10 PM

"Phone uthao Rishabh, kaha ho??" Masi paced around her room worried after Rastogi called her, but his phone vibrated at his table away from him. She had reached his driver, who told her that he took his car when he left with Kukki in the evening. Nidhi had also told him that he had left at 7.30 with Kukki. Office security also checked a while back but they didn't see him in his cabin as he was inside with Prerna and Kukke. She checked time and it was 10.00 already and she had no clue where he was.

BI HQ

10.15pm

Inside the room, Prerna opened her eyes to the most beautiful site ever. Her daughter's innocent face was right in front of her eyes. She looked angelic while sleeping, she thought. She caressed her face with the back of her hand and placed a long kiss over her forehead.

She looked around and recognised the room and recalled all the events since morning. Her eyes searched for him but he was nowhere to be seen. She fixed a pillow around Kukki and carefully got out the bed. She checked all the doors inside before she stepped out of the cabin. 

Closing the door she turned on her left and found him in the corner of the room, on the couch puffing on his cigar and moving his finger over the rim of his glass in circles. Worry took over her and reaching him she stood by his side. 

"Aap ye sab.. aapko allowed hai ye? (Her eyes fell on his glass and meds next to it)??" She asked.

"You know Ms. Sharma, I haven't touched it for a long time. Zaroorat hi nahi padi, but I couldn't stop myself today.." he said still looking down at the glass.

"Par ye kyun??"

"I felt really weird Ms. Sharma.. I felt angry, sad, pain, fear, guilt, helpless.. I felt all of it.. all together. Is it even possible?" 

"Aapki tabiyat to theek hai? Medicines li aapne?" She asked, sitting down on her knees on his right side, next to the coffee table.

"I did (he showed) but it didn't help..  but this (he raised his glass).. this made it a little better.."

"Mr. Bajaj ye theek nahi hai.. for how long have you been?" she said, looking at an almost empty bottle on the table and tried to take the glass away from his grip, but failed. 

"Aapko yaad hai, jane se pehle I left you a letter?" 

He has been shocking her with his question since morning, but this was absolutely not on the list. "Yaad hai Mr. Bajaj, Masi ne diya tha.. aaj bhi hai mere pass.. par aap ye band kijiye please.."

"What had I written in that letter, do you remember anything?" He looked straight into her eyes.

"Yahi ki kabhi zarurat pade to, I should contact you." she replied, and she realised why he asked. 

"Hmmm.. I know I dragged you in our life for Kukki, can never give back those 3 months to you but couldn't you reach out if there was a problem?.." he gulped the whole drink in a go.

"Mr. Bajaj please stop.." 

"Aapko yaad hai when you came to my house, you had told me that you were pregnant to maine kya kaha tha?"

"Th.. that you accepted with my child.." she was cluesless, where he was going with this.

"I meant it Ms. Sharmaโ€ฆ I really did.." he said in a slightly raised voice and leaned back looking at the ceiling. 

He continued in a defeated voice "I really wish you had given me a chance to show that I meant it. I wish you had reached out, maybe we could have saved ou..(he paused) your childโ€ฆ" 

"Mr. Bajaj mujhe.."

"You know I almost lost Kukki.. so I know how it feels.. what feels the worst is that apne tab bhi batana zaroori nahi samjha jab ye sab hua. Aur tab bhi nahi jab main apse question karta raha.. anjane mein hi sahi hurt karta raha.. you have any idea what I feel right now??" He looked at her with an angry stare. "Disgusted. disgusted is what I feel right now.. aur ab bhi aap mujhe sab kuch nahi bata rahi hai.. you left from the beach just like that.. had I not found all this today, you'd have let me hurt already hurting you.. Ms. Sharma.."

"Mr. Bajaj main nahi chahti thi Anurag ke baare mein baat karna because I did not want to trouble you. Maine recently realise kiya that Knowingly unknowingly maine, aapke mana karne ke baad bhi baar-baar uske baare mein baat karke bhaut hurt kiya tha. Main aapko wapas us sab mein drag nahi karna chahti thi, isliye chup thi.."

"What happened after we left.." he asked, with a straight face.

"Mr. Bajaj.."

"Please.."

She finally gave in. "Okay I'll tell you. Sab batati hu but pehle aap ye chhodiye" she held the glass in his hand.

He stared at her pleading eyes and loosened his grip. Prerna kept the glass and the ashtray away from him and sat on the small couch. 

She rubbed her hands nervously, thinking how and where to start from. With her eyes fixed at the coffee table in front she began. "Aapke jane ke baad, jaise aapne kaha tha maine Anurag ko humare bacche ke bare mein bataya. He was very happy, itna khush ki wo shaadi se kuch der pehle mandir se chunari lene gaya. Wo chahta tha main wahi pehan kar shaadi ke rituals poore karu. (She cuckled) par wo kabhi wapas hi nahi aya.. maine bhuat dhunda, har mandir, pandal, gali.. jaha dhund sakti thi I looked for him till late night... kitne dino tak police station ke chakkar lagaye but kuch pata nahi chala. Fir kuch time baad Police ne bataya ki kuch chhote mote chor unke haath lage jinhe uski damaged ca.. (she swallowed a lump) car mili par uske parts wo log sell kar chuke the. Kisi ko nahi pata kya hua. Unka kehna tha ki shayad us car ka accident hua tha.. par Anurag nahi mila.. Ab tak bhi uski koi news nahi hai.."

"Why did you leave Basu Badi.."

She chuckled "maine kaha tha na I learnt my lessons the hard way. Mohini Basu (Rishabh didn't fail to notice how she didn't call her KakiMa) ne mujhe agle din wedding dress mein hi ghar se bahar nikal diya ye keh kar ki meri wajah se hi went missing. Humesha ki tarah main unhe kehti rahi ki maine Anurag ko nahi bheja tha us raat.. but like always my pleas fell on deaf ears"

"Didn't you tell them about the child?.."  he questioned.

"Unhone mujhe is bare mein batane ka mauka tak nahi diya Mr. Bajaj.. aur subah subah hi waha se nikal diya.. Anupamji mujhe Basu Badi se Sharma Niwas kab le aye, mujhe yaad bhi nahi. Jab hosh aya to Maa samne tension se ro rahi thi aur main apni family ke beech khadi hui thiโ€ฆ Tab samajh aya how non-important I was without Anurag in that house"

"Market slow down ki wajah se ghar par financial issues the to Acharya's mein job start kiya, fir wo accident jisne baaki jo bacha tha mere pass wo sab bhi chheen liya mujhse..then I met Aditya, came to Mumbai for short duration. Aapko aur Kukki dekha, par itna courage nahin tha ki aapse ya Kukki se mil pati. Fir Aap aur Kukki Calcutta aye.. main humesha se Kukke ke bare mein sochti thi, usey miss karti thi and then I met Kukki aur tab se I wanted to be with her.. guilt feel hota tha for being so wrong to her.. then I came here for her and for AMRA.. uske baad to jo hua aap jante hain.."

"You want to find him?"

"I want to.. he has done a lot for my family.." she didn't lie, she wanted to know just once that he was alright.

"Do you want me to try and find him?" He asked.

"NOOO.. not at all.. I don't want you to get into this. Iske liye Police hai.. please aisa sochiye bhi mat ki main aisa kuch chahti hu.."

Her voice was soft again "Aap baar baar mujhe kehte hain na that I'll leave Kukki again.. I won't Mr. Bajaj.. I won't leave her.. maine apna sab kuch kho diya hai Mr. Bajaj.. Kukki ko ek baar fir se khone yaha nahi aayi main.."

"Mr. Basu wapas aa jate hain tab bhi nahi?" His question stunned her as this was unexpected. As she gathered her thoughts to form a sentence, she heard him again. 

"Can I ask you something Ms. Sharma but I need honest answer"

She just tilted her head fearing what he was going to ask her.

"Agar us raat aapki shaadi ho jati aur aaj apki khud ki ek family hoti to kya tab bhi aap Kukki ke liye wapas aati? Kya aap usey milne ki koshish karti?" He looked at her expectantly. "Remember I need an honest answer.." he repeated.

Prerna sat there like a lifleless statue looking at him. Just her tears rolled down her eyes. They both knew what her answer was, she didn't need to put it into words.

"Thank you for being honest Ms. Sharma.." he said with a little smile, like he already knew the answer. "I can understand life has been cruel to you in the past and I had my own contribution too, rather a huge one"

"Aisa nahi hai.." she tried to intervene but he didn't let her.

"Please let me finish.. Losing a child is the worst thing to ever to happen to a parent. Trust me, when I say I know how it feels. I have felt that very closely. It has created a void in your life, a huge void.. especially Mr. Basu ki absence mein. Wo hote to shayad aapka pain share kar pate. But Ms. Sharma, aren't you trying to fill that void with my daughter?"

Prerna only shook her head in an attempt to deny but she knew he wouldn't be convinced with anything she said.

"Aap khud janti hai agar Mr. Basu aapke sath hote to aap yaha kabhi nahi aati, you made it clear on several occasions that you loved him more than anyone in this world even Kukki. To kya aap ek baar phir se usey??"

"Noo Mr. Bajaj aisa nahi hai.. I love Kukki.. and I don't know if I even love Anurag anymore.."

"Not even if he comes in front of you, this very moment?"

"No.. I am not sure if I love him like I didโ€ฆ"

"You are unsure about your love for him because he is away from you, how does that prove that you are sure about Kukki? Isn't she just an option in this entire situation, something to cling on to till you are unsure? I am not disregarding the fact that this whole situation isn't easy for you but apne Kukki ko dekha tha na kal, wo har baat par kaise react karti hai.. aapko lagta hai she will be able to handle this unsurity? Please tell me Ms. Sharma. Keep yourself in my place and think. I am being selfish but she is all I have"

"You helped my daughter heal, you saved her life and I don't mind if you want to be with Kukki if that helps ease your pain, but for how long? Aap uske sath rahengi bhi to as what a friend, a mother??? Wo aapko duniya ke samne Prerna kehti rahegi aur akele mein Mamma.. aap dono kab tak aisa karenge.."

"I have no problem if she calls me Prerna or Mamma, it doesn't matter Mr. Bajaj jab tak I can be with her. I have been unfair to her and I want to make it right. Kukki ki insecurities ka reason main hu.."

"And when we leave? You know our arrangement in India is not a permanent one. Remember I told you back in Calcutta, eventually we move back to London! Tab kya?" He asked.

Prerna was gripped by a fear. She had never thought of it. 

"Aapka face bata raha hai you did not think of all this. Aap aur Kukki jitna time spend karna chahte hai kijiye, but end of the day you two have to move on. Wo chhoti hai samajh nahi sakti but aapko ye samajhna hoga that you can't stop your life here, sooner or later you'll have to find a reason to go on, like Kukki is my reason. You need to find yours. Something or somebody, you could hold on to all your life. Kukki ko aapke aur aapko uske bina rehna seekhna hoga. I hope you are getting what I am trying to say. I am putting my trust in you that you would do what's right for you as well as Kukki. Ye maine ek baar pehle bhi kaha tha.. aap bhuat samajhdar hain, aap koi na koi solution zaroor nikal lengi, that works for your two"

Prerna was just listening all this while. She was numb like she was forced to see everything that she had been avoiding. She was gripped by a fear that she will lose all, once again. 

Rishabh got up from his place and looked for his phone. Seeing Masi's missed calls he called back.

"Rishabh, kaha ho tum? Tum theek ho?" Masi bombarded him with her questions.

"Masi, I am in the office. Aap please driver ko kahiye Kukki aur mujhe yaha se pick kar le..I can'y drive.." he said.

"Kya hua?? Tum theek ho?" His words only added to her worry after Rastogi's call.

"Haan.. aap bas driver ko bhej dijiye."

"Hum abhi bhej dete hain .. tum jaldi ghar aao." Said Masi and disconnected the call.

"Ms. Sharma.."

"Huh.." She turned and looked at him.

"Please gather your belongings, my driver will be here and we'll drop you. You can use the restroom, you look terrible" 

Prerna quietly followed and went inside to wash her face. Looking at Kukki brought a smile on her face. She sat next to her and whispered "I won't leave you baby.. Mamma will find a way.. she will..I promise.." caressing her hair, she kissed her and went to the restroom.

She came out and found him sitting in his chair, with his eyes closed. When he didn't respond to her call she didn't disturb him and sat on the couch, waiting for the driver. 

10.45 pm

The driver knocked and said "sorry Mam but sir phone nahi utha rahe the"

She went to Rishabh who probably had slept. She called his name and he raised his head. "The driver is here." She said.

"If you could carry Kukki, I am drunk.." he asked.

Prerna took Kukki in her arms and came out and Rishabh stood outside the room holding his back.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yes.. let's go, it's late.." 

Prerna followed him, with Kukki in her arms.

Dropping Prerna at her apartment he asked Vijay to make it fast. Chandu was waiting at the parking level and he carried Kukki to their house.

Edited by Sunn_shine - 3 years ago

wow what a chapter.  where to start though. I'm glad P stuck to her word & had a mature conversation with RB about her life decisions.  I'm glad she's realised that most of it happened because of her own decisions.  I'm liking this new & somewhat improved P, i knew you were making her more likeable (that's saying alot). i kinda have some idea about the solution she might come up with but know it might take a while for her to realise herself.  

damn it RB's ill ๐Ÿ˜’. can't wait to see how everyone reacts, especially P & Meneka. i just hope he's not too severe, a poorly RB with no one to take care of him (like a wife would๐Ÿ˜‰) gets me all angsty.

can't wait to read more.

p.s i really hope the replacement of ksg won't get you down.  I'm gutted but kind of relieved,  KZK was injurus to health โ˜ข๏ธ but if he returns i know i will too ๐Ÿ˜†.

You are a wonderful writer and i am extremely glad that you are continuing with your story and giving us such amazing updates. I m loving each and every character of yours and their complex yet so human emotions that are relatable.

I cant wait for what happens next and how prerna and rishab come together. Thank you again for such an amazing story

Meenakshi ...๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

I am out of words . Canโ€™t  form a proper sentence..(action speaks louder than words..)

My heart and mind after seeing your update..

Me reading your update.

Me while reading your update ...

Me after reading your update ..

I just loved it and going to read it again.. Thank you.

Why would you end there Image

Rest swati will say 

Ankie doing tamanche pe disco as usual๐Ÿคฃ but yeah that's exactly what I'm feeling right now. Why did you end it there? Why? ๐Ÿ˜ญ pls update soon.

Ek to waise hi I'm dealing with the heartbreak of not being able to see him as RB upar se yeh cliffhanger๐Ÿ˜ญ

Really nice sunshine........wow......what an amazing writing skill you are gifted.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ I enjoy very much your passion of writing. Wish you all the best my friend.๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Eagerly waiting for next update!!!!๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜‰

Beautiful and heartbreaking update๐Ÿ˜ญ

No words for it๐Ÿ‘

PreRish poured their hearts, the most awaited part was worth it๐Ÿ‘

Rishabh raised valid questions to Prerna

What happened to Rishabh 

Waiting for next