Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

This content was originally posted by: WaqtZaya

so I have any more choice? 🤷‍♀️ 

You havw so many.. 

Stay mad at me 😒

Forget and forgive😃

But you have chosen the fist one😒

About disowning : well sexy laga kar diya 🤣 jokes aside mujhe jo chahiye woh nahi mila issi liye 😡 

@underline..Waaah 🤣

Usme there was nothing for you. It was just a writeup created on the questions asked. There was nothing in that..

Sunn_shine thumbnail

Saturday hua nahi tha.. 😒

Sunn_shine thumbnail

Posting now in a while 🤗

Sunn_shine thumbnail

Hello Amazing People 

I am here with the next chapter of this story. Thank you for all your love and motivation till date. I truly appreciate it all from the bottom of my heart. 

With comparatively little less bak bak of mine, lets jump on to the chapter. 

Love

Sun Shine

CHAPTER 25

SAME DAY (SATURDAY)

MUMBAI AIRPORT

7.30 pm

Prerna was welcomed by a cool salty breeze, as soon as she exited the airport building. She closed her eyes and took a long breath to breathe in the feeling of being back to the city. City that she thought always welcomed her with all it's love.

She looked around for Aditya, who had insisted on receiving her at the airport, since she didn't allow him to help her with anything else. Huge smile adorned her face as soon as she found him in the crowd, waving at her. Pushing her heavy luggage trolley, she took long strides in his direction but stopped at a short distance when her eyes got fixed on Menaka, walking towards her brother, with three take away mugs in her hands.

Smile vanished off her face and discomfort took over. 

'What is Menaka doing here?' thought Prerna.

She continued walking ahead but at a terribly slow pace this time. She hoped either one of her or Menaka could just vanish somehow. She was not too keen on having to talk to her, that too on her arrival. Neither she had expected her presence, nor did she feel ready for it.

Soon her eyes met Menaka's, smiling at her. Prerna responded with a forced smile. Inside she felt terrible for feeling this way for Menaka, because she genuinely seemed to be happy seeing her.

"Hi Aditya.." Prerna shook hands with Aditya. 

She turned to look at Menaka and said, "I thought, sirf Aditya ayenge.. but yaha to aap dono.."

Menaka kept the coffee cups on the luggage trolley and to Prerna's surprise, Menaka pulled her into a hug. Before Prerna could make any sense of her spontaneous and unexpected move, Menaka broke the hug and said, "Adi told me you are moving back to Mumbai, so I could not help but to come with him. I am really excited to have you here and welcome onboard with AMRA.."

"Thank you Men.. Menaka. This is really.. sw.. sweet of you. Glad to .. see.. you here.." Prerna tried her best to hide how awkward she felt and decided to go with the flow. She didn't want to do anything stupid and spontaneous to cause any kind of trouble. She respected Aditya way too much to hurt him, and she knew how close he was to his sister.

"Saari baatein yaha hi karni hai, ya chalein?" said Aditya, interrupting the two ladies, who looked more like long lost sisters in that moment.

Aditya and Menaka helped Prerna with her luggage and soon they had hit the road. Prerna sat in the back seat, while Menaka joined her brother on the passenger's seat.

"Prerna, AMRA has made your stay arrangements at the company's guest house for the coming week. You must first physically see all the accommodation options before moving into one. Hope that is fine" said Aditya, as he maneuvered through the traffic.

"Thank you so much, that's really thoughtful of you" said Prerna and looked outside the window, sipping her coffee that Menaka carried for all three of them.

"Don't thank me Prerna, thanks to BI policies" said Aditya.

Prerna smiled and continued observing the busy traffic outside.

Menaka's voice drew her attention. "I dunno Prerna, if Adi told you about it, but I am now an external advisory board member with AMRA, so we will get to meet quite often in the office" 

Prerna smiled at her through the rear view mirror and said "He told me.." She sipped at her coffee and looked outside again to avoid further conversation.

But to Prerna's never ending plight, she spoke again. "By the way, Adi also told me, you and RB have known each other for some time. If I may ask, what kind of deal were you two involved in?"

Prerna almost spilled her coffee but the sudden bump at the speed breaker saved her from the embarrassment.

"Sorry ladies.. my bad.." said Aditya, apologising for the sudden jerk.

Prerna thought this would distract Menaka too but Menaka was in no mood to let go of her question. 

"Actually… we met because of Kukki. Kukki kind of helped and saved me from an accident. Kukki and I became friends and then it led to a small umm.. (Prerna hesitated to call her marriage a deal, like Rishabh did the other day back in Calcutta, but unwillingly she did) a small PARTNERSHIP. Kukki connected really well with me and that showed improvement in her health. Mr. Bajaj also helped me get through a tough situation… So Mr. Bajaj and I decided to get into a mutual partnership for her.." Prerna had no idea what she was saying, because she failed to describe everything that happened during those three months, without letting the truth out. She had no idea if she made any sense.

"Like a therapist??" questioned Aditya.

"Not really, honestly I have no knowledge in that department. But it was something like that…" said Prerna hesitatingly.

"Ohh okay. That explains why she feels so connected with you and wants to meet you again." said Aditya. 

Menaka felt a bit heart broken hearing about Prerna's close bonding with Kukki. Something that was a complete amiss in her own life. After Rishabh moved to London with 25 days old Kukki, she never got an opportunity to be with the girl, hold her or talk to her or even see her. All she got was 10 days with Kukki after she was born, before he came and took her away. She could only imagine what it would be to spend time with the little girl, hear her share things that mattered to her.

'She was my responsibility too RB, but you snatched it away from me and you didn't even give me a chance to talk or explain. I may have done millions of things that were wrong but not with Kukki. I was as excited for her as you were. Ara, I wish you stayed a bit longer. You always made things better..' she thought

Aditya felt his sister was lost somewhere and asked "Menaka, what happened? What are you thinking?"

His question drew Prerna's attention towards Menaka. 

"No..nothing.. (Menaka gave a tired smile and continued in her cheerful tone) By the way did you just realise, Prerna calls Rishabh, Mr. Bajaj.. (Menaka was quick to notice change in expressions om Prerna's face) I am sorry Prerna, I haven't heard anyone other than his staff or clients call him Mr. Bajaj. And it doesn't look like you were either his staff or client. I imagined a super strict, hitler like Rishabh, when I heard you calling him Mr. Bajaj. Which he is not. Please don't take me wrong" said Menaka.

"He is older than me, that's why I call him Mr..." Prerna hesitatingly tried to reason.

"Prerna, how old do you think he is? Haan.." said Menaka.

Prerna fumbled for a moment, but quickly realised that if she played well, Menaka might tell her. "I don't know.."

"Make a guess Prerna.." Menaka insisted.

"Aap hi bata dijiye.."

"Well, he is old or should I say, young enough for a 27 years old like you to call him by his first name. A little hint for you, Kukki is just a few months over 5."

"I agree with Menaka, I am older and you still call me by name…" added Aditya.

Menaka took a short pause and looked at Aditya, "I dunno why, but now I also want to call him Mr. Bajaj once. Sounds cute.." Menaka smiled.

"Try that…" Aditya chuckled, without taking his eyes off the road.

Prerna sulked in her place for one, answer to her question was still a mystery and second, now Menaka wanted to call Mr. Bajaj as Mr. Bajaj. For some reason, it didn't go down very well with her. 

'Why can't she just call him RB or Rishabh like she always does… (Prerna rolled her eyes) Ohh my God, what's wrong with you Prerna, you are losing it sitting around Menaka. Wo RB bulaye ya Mr. Bajaj, what problem do you have with that' thought Prerna.

She closed her eyes and hoped this drive was over as soon as possible and she could be alone in her own space, before she lost her sanity within hours of landing in the city. 

However, when she heard Menaka again, she realised her stars were not on her side that evening and she was not going to get an easy escape from this whole situation that she was in, unwillingly.

"Guys, I missed my lunch and I am starving. Prerna, it's 8.15 already. I am sure you are hungry too. My favourite restaurant is right around the corner. Let's eat something and then we will drop you at the guest house. What say, Adi?"

"Sounds good to me, I am sure this crazy traffic will get better by the time we are done. Right now it's crawling" said Aditya, feeling frustrated stuck in one place for the last minutes or so.

"Prerna..  what about you?" Menaka looked back at her.

'Only if I had a choice' thought Prerna. She faked a smile and said, "Okay.."

"Great. Adi aage se left lena hai.." said Menaka.

"Mujhe pata hai Menaka.." said Aditya.

"Okay okay.. my bad. It's a habit" said Menaka and looked ahead with a smile.

"Is she always this bossy around people? Is liye Mr. Bajaj separated from her? I am sure, he is not very keen on being bossed around.. WHAT THE HELL,Prerna? Ye sab kya nonsense sochne mein lagi ho. What's wrong with you? Focus, abhi sath mein dinner bhi karna hai.." Prerna leaned on the backrest and closed her eyes again, preparing herself to gather enough strength to make it through the unplanned dinner. She picked up her phone and texted Veena about this unexpected change in plan, because she knew her mother must have been waiting for her call.

Soon they found themselves seated at a corner table of an elite looking restaurant. All three of them were so tired that they finished the dinner mostly being silent. Only time they spoke was while placing the orders. Menaka ordered dessert for herself and Aditya and passed on the Menu to Prerna to choose hers.

Prerna tiredly replied, "I am good with anything. Add one more to your order.. I'll be fine.." 

Menaka retracted her hand and said "Prerna, why do you want to settle for something 'fine', when you can choose the best for yourself? Hmm"

"No really, anything will work for me.." said Prerna.

"Look Prerna, you might find it weird or even rude but you are such an amazing young woman, why let anyone else make decisions for you? Even if it is for something as small as choosing a dessert"

A waiter served two bowls of Cassata. 

Menaka thanked the waiter and shifted her focus back to Prerna, "You should make all your decisions on your own and let's begin with you ordering a dish of your choice. Here…" said Menaka and kept Menu on her side of the table. 

She couldn't really point at a reason, but for a moment, Menaka reminded her of Rishabh.

"Mam, are you ready to order" asked the waiter, standing beside her waiting for her to place the order.

Prerna was quick to find her favourite. "One of these, please" said Prerna, pointing at the dish on the Menu. As the waiter went away, she looked at Menaka who was stealing from Aditya's plate. They both looked like young kids irritating each other by eating from each other's share.

Prerna placed her elbow on the table and rested her smiling face on her hand looking at two adults acting childish.

'Maybe she isn't bad.. maybe no one is bad.. She is pretty, intelligent, strong and humorous, not afraid to act like a child with her brother, in a public place. She is treating a stranger like me like a best friend, because she thinks that I helped her, not that I'd have helped if I had known everything or maybe I'd have because she is Kukki's Mom. I don't know. But right now she doesn't seem like a bad person. Kya hua hoga between her and Mr..' Prerna was now curious to know about Menaka and what led to her separation from Rishabh. She was so lost in her thoughts that she had no idea when her dish was served. 

Prerna came back from her reverie, when she heard their low scream, "Oh my God...Gulab jamun..", their spoons not very far from her bowl. Both looked at her with pleading eyes, waiting for her permission to dig into her bowl for a bite. Prerna for the first time smiled genuinely and slid her bowl towards them.

"I am so glad, I almost lectured Prerna on getting her own order. Warna cassata ke sath garam garam Gulab Jamun ka Mazaa kaise milta.. thank you Prerna" Prerna simply shrugged her shoulders with a smile, enjoying their company. In no time another bowl was served and Prerna too was experimenting with Gulab Jamun and Cassata for the first time in her life. 

"Adi do you remember college ke time, all four of us used to go out.." 

Aditya just nodded, covering his stuffed mouth.

"You know Prerna, we used to try anything and everything with Cassata" said Menaka.

"And most of it tasted bad" Aditya completed. 

"Nothing more than what RB did. His experiment haunts me till date" Menaka added.

"Ohh God Menaka, kya yaad dila diya.." said Aditya. He dropped his spoon and leaned back in his chair, making faces like he ate something disgusting.

Prerna looked at them curiously, "What experiment?"

Aditya gulped a whole glass of water before speaking. "Let me tell you. We met RB for the very first time at the college campus, I used to visit with Ara. His financial condition at that time wasn't too good. In fact, when he had joined he was in a state where he had to decide if he should spend his leftover money on rent or food and we all know a roof on top sometimes becomes more important"

"It's hard to believe this.. I mean.." Prerna couldn't believe a man like Rishabh Bajaj who could own anything in this world, could have gone through any kind of hardships in life.

Like Aditya read her mind, he said "Not everyone is born with a silver spoon, RB is a self made man. Anyway, because of his odd jobs for some money and hectic college schedule, he fell very sick in the very first semester of his MBA and by the time he got better, he had missed quite a lot of his classes. So just to motivate him to prepare for his first sem exams, all three of us said we'd do anything that he wished if he cracked the exams. And soon we realised he didn't need our motivation.."

"He topped the exams, just like that. Like a 10th grader was asked to solve class 2 exam paper." Menaka interrupted.

"Exactly.. but for all three of us, the damage was already done, with no way to escape. We all decided to celebrate at Ara's apartment and night outs meant take away food and all. Baat nikli uski wish puri karne ki. I dunno, kaha se uske dimaag mein idea aya and he blended leftover pizza and Cassata with some coke and served it to us in the name of a health drink.."

"Ewww.. how gross.." Prerna left her spoon in the plate and almost gagged at the idea. "It must have been horrible.."

"Horrible?? It was disgusting.. We didn't touch Pizza or cassata for like a month…" said Menaka. "And Ara, poor girl puked thrice that night but this guy.. he drank the whole thing..till the very last drop"

"I can't believe Mr. Bajaj could do anything like this." Said Prerna, still recovering from the horrible image that her barin painted for her, of Pizza, cassata and coke blended together.

"Tumhare Mr. Bajaj ka to pata nahi, but RB ne ye sab kiya hai.." they all laughed, till there was silence again.

"He used to be fun back then.." said Menaka, making circles in her empty bowl with the spoon in hand. Sadness reflected in her voice. Aditya kept his hand on Menaka's and smiled at her.

Prerna looked at the half gulab-jamun left in her plate with miserable eyes. "You know what guys, I don't think I have the courage to finish this now.." 

"It's okay Prerna, we will finish it. Waise bhi ye idea tumhare liye naya hai, hum jhel chuke hain, so we are kind of immune to it" said Aditya, and gulped the leftover sweet in one go. They all kept talking and laughing for quite long, without caring much for the time. Prerna too was eventually enjoying her time with them.

11.30 pm

Their car came to a halt at some place at Nariman Point, not very far from the office. Prerna looked around and asked "Why did we stop here? I loved the entire evening honestly, but am not sure if I am up for more fun. I really would love to go to the guest house and hit the bed" said Prerna barely controlling her yawns after a long eventful day.

"We have reached your place- your guest house"

Prerna stepped out of the car and looked around but she found nothing that she could say with confidence, resembled a guest house. Confused she asked, "Where?"

"What Prerna, building on your right aur kahan?" replied Aditya.

"This??" Prerna pointed at the building and said "This huge hotel like building??????"

Aditya chuckled and said, "Yes. What do you expect a Bajaj Infragiants Guest House to look like?"

"Prerna, it looks like you know nothing about BI. Are you sure you worked with him for 3 months?" said Menaka, stepping out of the car. "Come let's get you in"

Prerna looked around as they moved across the reception that looked more like that of a luxury residential complex. 

Lost in admiring the place, Prerna mumbled, "Are you sure, this is a the place that's alloted to me as an accomodation for a week? 

"Yes.. This complex functions like a regular hotel for unoccupied apartments but visiting employees get a free stay. You are not the only one, two more new joinees are staying here till they find a suitable accommodation. Let's get your keys" said Aditya and walked away to the reception.

Within no time they were on the 7th floor. She walked across the corridor following Aditya and Menaka and looked around at the doors, each with its own number. Soon they stopped outside a door numbered 705. 

"Here Prerna, keys to your apartment" said Aditya, handing over her keys to her. Prerna opened the door and was surprised to see a fully functional studio apartment with all amenities. 

"This is beautiful…" said Prerna.

"You are a part of AMRA, which is connected with BI.. so get used to it. Anyway, it's very late, you take rest now. I will see you on Monday in the office. This place is not very far from the office, just a couple of blocks away. Okay" said Aditya.

"Thank you so much both of you. I had an amazing time" said Prerna.

"Good Night Prerna, see you around" Menaka hugged her and left with her brother. Prerna returned her hug with the same affection unlike the one at the airport.

After they left, Prerna looked around the apartment right from the kitchen, sea facing balconies, restroom, admiring each and every corner, before she dropped on the bed. She closed her eyes with a smile on her face taking in the entire evening that she spent with people she didn't even so well. An evening she thought would end up in a disaster when she saw Menaka at the airport, but surprisingly she ended up enjoying it after a while. 

She picked up her phone and dialled her mother's number. She had a long chat with her, till her Mom was too tired to talk. Wishing her mom for the night, Prerna fixed a pillow under her head. 

She closed her eyes and reflected on what had happened in her life in the last few hours and months. It was a different world than the one she left behind. Everyone had a purpose, a passion in life. Not afraid to break norms and create their own rules. And now she was enjoying this liberty of being herself, taking her own decisions, being responsible for all good and bad that happens in her life. Above all she was becoming the center of her own life and it was a slow transition for her. 

She was happy enough to not realise how tired she was until it became a task for her to stay awake. She let out a sigh and turned on her side to turn the lights off. 'Thank God, it's Sunday tomorrow' was her last thought before she went off to sleep.

SUNDAY

GUEST HOUSE, NARIMAN POINT

Prerna got up really late, feeling refreshed and energised again. Thanks to the impeccable room service, all it took was a phone call and she was served her favourite lunch by the time she freshened up. She had planned to productively  spend her day checking some of the places she thought met her requirements. Some were too far from her workplace or exceeded the limit that she had set in terms of budget and there were others that had restrictions that she wasn't ready to give in to. In all, not a very fruitful day on finding an apt accomodation front.

9.30 PM

The day went by being busy, but she felt anxious as the day came to an end. As the night creeped in her anxiousness turned into a kind of fear. It was 9.30 in the night and she sat in an armchair near the balcony. All she could think of was, how and when she would meet her daughter. 

How was she supposed to react on meeting Tanvi, she knew was unavoidable being in the same office. Tanvi had helped Anurag and things between her and Prerna weren't that bad by the time Bajajs left Basu Badi. But she couldn't be very sure as quite some time has passed since then.

Above all she was more worried about Rishabh, his reaction to her presence in his own office, around his daughter. What if he didn't let her. What if he questioned her again about Anurag and her child. She didn't feel ready to answer. All these thoughts made her anxious and worried. 

Only time she did not think about all this was when she was out visiting apartments and PG accomodations. Sleep was far from her and she was engulfed by her fears and unanswered questions. All those reasons she gave her family for moving to this city, felt meaningless. She was on the verge of questioning her own decision.

Prerna shut her eyes close and called her mother to divert her mind from all the negativity taking over her as the time went by. She shared everything about the day and her house hunting but she didn't mention about her fear or anxiety. She didn't want her mother to think she wasn't strong. More importantly she couldn't let Shivani's belief win over hers. She knew what she was getting into and she couldn't give up before trying. Talking to her Mom did ease out a few things but a call from Aditya right after made it better. Discussing certain things about work and the next day diverted her mind into a more positive direction.

AMRA HQ, NARIMAN POINT

8.30 am

Prerna was way too early on the very first day of her second innings with AMRA. She couldn't sleep very well the entire night. 

Greeting the two receptionists, she walked straight to the AMRA workfloor that was on the right side of the reception on the ground floor. While walking she looked on her left, at the elevators. One of the elevator digital indicators read 23rd floor. She knew Rishabh's office was on that floor.

'Is he here already?' she thought. Looking at the time she contradicted her own thoughts, 'why would he be here so early' She shook her head and pushed the door to enter her workfloor.

As she walked along the passage, looking around she recalled every single moment of the evening she had witnessed the confrontation between Rishabh, Menaka and Aditya. The darkness of the place had given her a chance to go discreet with her presence. 

She reached the couch Kukki slept on that night. Taking a seat on the couch, she kept her bag on her side and moved her hand on the place where her daughter slept that night.

"Should we shift this couch to your apartment, Prerna?" Prerna almost jumped off her place when she heard Aditya's voice, startling her. Aditya stood in front of her with his laptop bag hanging around his chest.

"You scared me.." she said, taking a deep breath.

"I am sorry, I didn't intend to scare you. I couldn't stop when I saw so much love and care for this couch (he chuckled). Come.." 

Prerna smiled and followed him to his cabin. "You came so early?" She asked.

"I wasn't lying when I said I am swamped with work. Working on a presentation. Have a seat" Aditya held the chair for her to sit and walked to his own.

"Why did you come so early? Office hours don't begin for another hour" he said, taking his seat.

"I know, I couldn't sleep. I was quite excited to begin my day" said Prerna.

"People say it right, I have an eye for right people" he said and patted his own back.

"Tell me where do I begin from?" She asked and removed her laptop from the bag.

"I am quite impressed with your enthusiasm but like I told you last night, today is your orientation, with HR you know contract signing, documentation and all. So you can relax for now" said Aditya and opened his own laptop.

"Give me something. I didn't come to sit here"

"Fine! I am sending you a document, read that thoroughly and keep a note of your thoughts and ideas. We have an internal staff meeting this Friday, before we discuss it broadly in a common board meeting of AMRA and BI board next Friday that gives us like 2 weeks from today" he said and sent her an email from his phone.

"Recieved" said Prerna. "I'll go out and work on this" she picked up her stuff and grabbed her place on one of the workstations outside his cabin.

Soon there was commotion on the silent workfloor as the staff came in and began their day. Most of the faces were new, except a couple of staff members she met when she visited the office last time. They congratulated and welcomed her, and soon everyone had settled in their respective workplace. Though the staff number had gone up than last time, a huge work space was still unoccupied. 

'I am sure this place was set up for huge expansion plans, nahi to itna bade office space ki zarurat nahi thi' she thought as she looked around.

"Hello Prerna" Prerna turned back and her eyes met a smiling face. A girl in her mid twenties like herself, formally dressed in western wear, her right hand stretched towards Prerna.

"I am Prajakta Saini, from the HR. We have been in conversation for the past one week" said the girl.

Prerna immediately shook her hand and responded with a huge smile on her face. "Ohh yes, Prajakta. So nice to meet you in person. Thank you so much for all your help"

"You don't have to thank me for doing my job. Come let's sit in the conference room and continue with further discussions" said Prajakta.

"Sure" Prerna picked up her stuff and followed Prajakta. 

In a two hours long meeting, Prajakta took her through her work contract and talked her through all the company rules and policies. Her role and expectations from her, everything was discussed in detail. Whatever questions Prerna had were answered too. Prerna knew it was nothing like an informal environment of Acharyas or her first stint with Aditya. 

"I am sure you must be overwhelmed with all this, but I would like to stress on the fact that we are registered as a Not for Profit organisation, but the founders are extremely serious about how it functions and operates. I mean it's common to create an impression that AMRA is a foundation, hence things will be relaxed, that's not the case here. That doesn't mean there is no fun, all I am saying is corporate level professionalism is expected from all the members of AMRA family, when it comes to work" said Prajakta.

"I understand, rather I am glad that we are taking things seriously" said Prerna, with a smile.

"I like how you said 'WE'. Welcome to AMRA, Ms. Prerna Sharma" both the ladies shook hands again after completing all the documentation.

"Come let me take you through all the departments and introduce you to the staff members" Prajakta introduced Prerna to everyone and she was warmly welcomed by each and every member. She didn't feel like she was meeting absolutely new faces.

"There is an important team up as well, you'll be working very closely with. Let me introduce you to them and then you can get rid of me" said Prajakta and they both walked out to the elevators. 

They both entered the lift and to Prerna's relief, Prajakta pressed the button for the 20th floor. 

"Prajakta, if I may ask.. How often does BI intervene in the day to day operations of AMRA?" asked Prerna, hiding her hesitation.

"Not very often to be honest. A couple of meetings every month so far but these are high level meetings. Mostly related to budget allocation and approval discussion. In fact, there is one scheduled next Friday. So all the board members and senior staff will attend it. Aditya Sir, can educate you more about the details as that's not my area of work" said Prajakta.

"Sure.. this was helpful. Thanks" The Lift doors opened.

"Who are we meeting here?" asked Prerna, walking along with Prajakta. The place was way too full and busy as compared to her floor. 

"BI CSR team, you'll be working with them quite often"

They stopped behind a workstation and Prerna was stunned to see Tanvi busy on a call and instructing another staff member to make changes to the parts that she had highlighted. Prerna couldn't contain her smile, as she looked at a completely different Tanvi. She didn't look anything like she was in Calcutta. She was still the best dressed person she came across in her entire life, but the seriousness on her face and sincerity for work made her look more adorable. Prerna took a deep breath, thinking how she was going to react to her unannounced presence, while she waited for her to finish the phone call.

"Ms. Tanvi, we have a new Project Manager joining AMRA from today. Please meet Ms…."

Tanvi didn't wait for Prajakta to finish.

"Prernaa.. what a pleasant surprise.." Prerna was surprised when Tanvi hugged her as soon as their eyes met. She assumed Tanvi would not be mad at her, but such an overwhelming welcome was not her list.

"How are you" asked Tanvi.

"I am very good.. look at you, you look amazing Tanvi" said Prerna, expressing her genuine appreciation for Tanvi.

In the middle of all this Prajakta was the only one who was kind of confused. 

"Prajakta, if you are done with the rest of the orientation. I can take it from here, you could finish your other work" requested Tanvi.

"That's absolutely fine, this was our last stop. Ms. Sharma, you can find me on the ground floor and for lunch we have a…"  

"I will help her with that. Thank you so much" Tanvi was way too excited to see a known face after spending the last so many months in Mumbai without a friend. Tanvi checked time and said, "It's time for lunch. Let's go and talk in the cafeteria. Kitne time ke baad mujhe koi baat karne ke liye mila hai.." Tanvi grabbed her hand and guided her to the cafeteria.

Tanvi and Prerna sat in a quiet corner with their food, so they could talk without any interference. Tanvi looked elated. 

"I am so happy to see you. I didn't know I was going to react like this seeing a known face after so long. I don't know anyone here." Said Tanvi, eating her salad.

"Happy to see you too Tanvi. We couldn't even meet properly when you left from Calcutta" said Prerna.

A sudden wave of guilt took over Tanvi's smiling face. "I want to apologise for how I behaved back in Calcutta. I didn't know what I was even thinking and did some unforgivable things. I am really sorry Prerna.." 

Prerna kept her hand on hers and said, "No need to apologise Tanvi. That was sometime. Sabse zyada galat to maine kiya… still paying for all my mistakes. Anyways, let's not talk about the past. I am happy to have you here as a friend" They both smiled, focusing back on their food for sometime.

"AMRA kaise?" asked Tanvi curiously.

Prerna narrated the entire story, how Aditya recruited her from Acharyas for the first time and then her decision to accept a permanent position this time.

"Tum Kukki aur Rishabh se mili na Calcutta mein? Kukki bhaut miss karti hai tumhe. Calcutta se aane ke baad kitni baar she has asked, when you will meet her again". 

Prerna was elated ro hear this and made her more impatient to meet her. 

"Kaha hai wo? I know she visits the office these days. Is she here already?" asked Prerna, looking at Tanvi with eyes longing to meet her daughter.

"Sorry Prerna, she won't be coming to the office today.. In fact, (Tanvi looked at her watch) Rishabh also must have left by now. He has an appointment at 3.00, uske baad he will directly go home" said Tanvi.

Tanvi didn't fail to notice the disappointment on Prerna's face. "She will be back here tomorrow..tum kal usey mil sakti ho. Rishabh usey 1.30 tak le aate hain yahan school se"

Prerna forced a smile, that's when they both noticed Aditya walking towards them. 

"Why are you two hiding in a corner?" He asked.

"We met after a long time, soo.." Prerna replied.

"Oh so you know Tanvi too. That's good.. you two will be working together. Good for me (he smiled) I'll be back with my food" Aditya kept his phone on the table, and went back to the food counter.

"Does he know about you and Rishabh..?" asked Tanvi, in a whispering voice.

Prerna nodded and said, "No.."

"To phir when you guys met in Calcutta tab kaise???" Tanvi asked curiously.

"Mr. Bajaj told Aditya that two of us met because of Kukki and.. (Prerna paused) and we were a part of a short term mutual deal" said Prerna, giving her a tired smile.

"He said that???" asked Tanvi surprisingly, her eyes still following Aditya, who was still at the food counter.

Prerna took a deep sigh and said, "He did.. I can understand.. the way things unfolded back then.. I mean.. I can understand. He even convinced Kukki, not to call me Mamma in front of anyone.. I am not sure if he will allow me to meet her again. Honestly, he didn't seem very keen about the idea.."

"You are right Prerna, whatever happened then took a toll on almost everyone. I couldn't face him for days because I betrayed him by going against him. But Rishabh forgave me, in fact he only motivated me to join BI and I am glad I did.. He was impacted the most because of how Kukki got involved in the entire mess. He was very guilty of his actions, you know. A lot has happened since we moved to Mumbai. I used to think I know everything about him, but I was so wrong. Mumbai aake samjha Rishabh is nothing but a mystery. So much is unknown about him. Wo jo dikhte hain, it's just the tip of the iceberg. Only thing that's clear about him is his love for Kukki..Rest is covered under layers and layers"

They both didn't lose their eyes off Aditya, to make sure they had enough time to divert conversation before he joined them.

"Biggest discovery till date is this handsome looking man.. Aditya Adhiraj.." Prerna drew her brows together and smiled at Tanvi, whose eyes followed Aditya.

"I mean I had heard his and his sister's name.. Mom se kabhi to suna tha but ye nahi pata tha ki I'll get to meet them"

Prerna nudged her elbow into Tanvi's arm and asked, "You seem to like Aditya, don't you?"

Tanvi took a deep sigh, "What's the point Prerna. He is Rishabh's friend. Has to be as khadoos as him" Tanvi pressed her lips and looked at Prerna miserably. 

"No.. aisa kuch nahi hai.. He is very sweet. I have worked with him.."

"Are you trying to say Rishabh khadoos hain?" 

"Nooo Tanvi. This is not fair. You are twisting my words now.."

"It's okay Prerna, waise bhi Rishabh khadoos hain. It's a known fact. So chill…" both of them shared a nice laugh together.

"Ek baat bolu Prerna.."

"Sure.."

"You look so different than before"

"Really? Like how?" Prerna asked, pouring some water for herself.

"You look happy and content. I am glad you got married to Anurag, the love of your life. How is Anurag??? Wo bhi mila Mr. Bajaj se Calcutta mein?" 

Prerna felt at loss for words. She hadn't expected such a question, not from Tanvi at least and she wasn't ready for the answer either.

Before she could reply, Aditya came and joined them on the table, rescuing her from the awkward situation. 

"Are we on schedule for the Board Meeting for next Friday, Tanvi? Or do you expect some changes?" asked Aditya as he sat down with his food. 

Tanvi whispered in Prerna's ear "I told you he is like Rishabh.." and turned to look at Aditya. "No, there aren't any changes yet, that I am aware of. Rishabh is actually planning to approve the new fund release during the meeting itself, if we are able to reason our projects well. I mean he will sanction it anyway but he is expecting it to be backed with concrete facts and outcomes. I am sure you know what I am trying to say"

"Hmm.. I know…" said Aditya without looking at either of them.

Tanvi shook her head and rolled her eyes, before she gave Prerna a miserable look. Prerna simply pressed her lips to somehow not smile at Tanvi making all those faces. But she also could gauge the significance of this meeting hearing their conversation. 

"Prerna I want you to work on this with a team and make a presentation for review this Friday" said Aditya, looking up for the first time since he joined them for lunch.

"ME.." this came as a shock to her. Prerna saw some of the faces turning in their direction. She smiled and said in a low voice this time. "You want me to work on this?"

"Yes, why not?" said Aditya.

"But.. I have just joined, I don't even know what has happened since I left. I don't think it's the right thing to do" Prerna put her spoon down. She was in no mood to eat any more. 

"So what? You will learn, we all are here to answer all your questions. I will be travelling during this week to meet some investors so.. Also I know you will give your best. And don't get so scared with what Tanvi said, it's just a meeting.." said Aditya.

"An important one.. what if I make mistakes??" she asked, worry written all over her face. She was less worried about the presentation, but the idea of a presentation in presence of Rishabh was enough to make her feel a cramp in her stomach.

"So what if you made mistakes. We learn and try again.. don't we?" said Aditya, calmly.

"But…"

"Prerna it's just a presentation. It's alright even if you made mistakes. We are still at the exploring stage and will keep making mistakes till we exist.. so just relax. Tanvi, help your friend" he said and excused himself from the table.

"Prerna, itna kya sochna hai.. Adi is right.." 

"Did I hear you call me Adi?" Tanvi jumped off in her place as she heard Aditya's voice.

"I had forgotten my phone" he picked up his phone and left. Tanvi sat there like a statue, her shocked wide eyes following his retreating figure.

"Tanvi.. stop looking at him. You should be helping me, I am panicking here. How am I going to face Mr. Bajaj in a presentation. What if I create a fool out of myself..what will he think of me? What do I do Tanvi??" 

Tanvi looked back at her and said "Exactly how am I going to face him? I have already created a fool out of myself. what will he think of me??. what did you do Tanvi?" Tanvi had no idea what she was saying.

"Tanvi.. are you okay.. kya bol rahi ho. This isn't helpful at all.." Prerna emptied her glass in a go and said "you sit here and day dream.. I have so much work to do.." 

Prerna picked up her plate and rushed towards the dish counter.

"Wait Prerna, I am also coming.. let me help you.." Tanvi followed Prerna.

Dropping her dishes Prerna held Tanvi by her shoulders and said "you need to help yourself before you help me. I am in a mess Tanvi. So much mess.." 

Prerna rushed to the elevators and Tanvi followed her.

Prerna didn't move even for a second from her workplace. She had requested for all the prior discussions and emails to be sent to her. Her workstation looked like a war zone and Prerna, the woman on a mission. Everytime she closed her eyes or a mere thought of taking a break crossed her mind, images of Rishabh sitting in the boardroom popped up right in front of her and she went back to her work. 

Aditya has passed by quite a few times and he couldn't stop grinning as he saw her in such a messed up situation. He could not understand why she was panicking so much. She gave amazing presentations before with confidence. However, he allowed her to do her thing in her own way. He only responded to her questions, over innumerous calls that she made within a span of a few hours post lunch. 

7.30 PM

Prerna rose her head responding to a knock on her desk. She looked up to find smiling Aditya, standing with his hands folded in front of her.

"It's 7.30pm. Don't you have to go back?" He asked.

"There is so much to do. I am still not done catching up with things.. when will I start work on the presentation" she looked miserable.

Aditya chuckled and closed her laptop. He shoved all papers in a drawer next to her desk. He locked the drawer and gave her the keys. 

"First you need to relax" he said.

"I was relaxed till you dropped this bomb of presentation one me. Subah you said, its a relaxed day and by the lunch, you pushed me into a battlefield" said Prerna.

Aditya found it really a hard to not smile at her, but doing his best he said, "I agree with you but if you work like this, you'll waste more time worrying and less work will be done. You need to go back home"

"Hmm.." she kept her laptop in the bag.

"Do you want me to drop you?" He asked.

"No.. I will walk back. Thanks" said Prerna as she kept the little key safely in her bag.

"Okay. Let's go then. And relax.." 

They both walked out and Aditya took the elevator down to the parking level, while Prerna exited from the main enterance. She crossed the road and reached the walkway of the Nariman Point. She decided to spend some time before she left for the guest house. Waves hitting the city walls calmed her down. For some time she forgot about her own fear and got lost in the sound of waves. 

She reached her apartment and ordered her dinner and enjoyed a warm shower. She sat in the balcony and dialled her Mom again. Dinner was also served by then.

She had her dinner while talking to her mother and something struck her mind.

"Maa aap janti hain, main aaj Tanvi se mili. Aur ek ajeeb si baat hui" she said.

"Aisa kya hua, Priyu? Usne kuch kaha kya?" asked Veena, slight worry in her voice.

"Nahi Maa. Aisa kuch nahi hua, balki wo mujhse aise mili jaise ek friend milta hai bhaut time baad" said Prerna with a smile, recalling her day with her.

"To phir, aisa kya hua?"

"Maa Mr. Bajaj ki tarah usey bhi lagta hai ki Anura aur main sath…"

"To lagega hi na beta.. Tumne hi to bataya tha ki tumhari aur Anurag ki wedding arrnagements wahi karke gaye the jane se pehle.." 

"Manti hu Maa. Par Basu Publication itni bhi chhoti company nahi hai ki uske owner ka beta gayab ho jaye aur news mein na aaye. Maine pehle notice nahi kiya but Calcutta mein bhi News papers ya news media mein bhi humne ne nahi dekha is baare mein. Jabki police investigation bhi chal rahi hai phir bhi kahi kuch khas suna nahi is baare mein. Kya ye thoda ajeeb nahi lagta aapko?" Said Prerna.

"Hmm.. ye to humne bhi nahi socha Priyu. Shayad Moloy Bhaisahab aur Mohiniji na chahte ho ki ye news zyada uchle, taki business par asar na pade.." Veena tried to reason.

"Par Maa.. koi missing hota hai to news mein advertisement se to kitni help mil jati hai. Police ko kitni help milti hai.. isiliye.." Prerna didn't look very convinced, and Veena was quick to notice it.

"Priyu, dekho beta hum nahi keh sakte ki kya wajah ho sakti hai is sab ke liye, waise bhi bade logo ki alag pareshaniyaan hoti hai jo humein shayad samajh na aaye. Hogi shayad unki koi wajah jo humein nahi pata. Beta ye sab sochne mein sochke kuch fayda nahi hai, tum apne kaam par dhyaan do. Aise dhyan bhatkega to kaam par kaise focus kar paogi" said Veena.

"Aap theek keh rahi hai Maa. Mere pass inspector Bagchi ka number hai, kal ek baar baat karke status pata karungi" Prerna pushed her used  dishes into the kitchen sink. 

"Theek hai Maa, ab mujhe thoda kaam hai. Main aapse kal baat karti hu"

"Theek hai beta"

Neither Prerna, nor Veena could stop thinking about Prerna's concern. But both decided to keep the thought aside for now because Prerna had a presentation to work on and Veena was wrapping her house chores and there was nothing that they could do at such late hours.

TUESDAY

BI and AMRA, HQ, NARIMAN POINT

Prerna had reached early for work yet again. She attended some team meetings, discussed a few pointers with Aditya. She almost skipped lunch, but Tanvi dragged her anyway. Post lunch she got busy with her work. 

"Prerna, come with me" Prerna lifted her head to face Aditya and refused to leave her work. Aditya paid no heed to her and soon she was following him to the elevators. He hit the button for the 23rd floor and Prerna's eyes began to search for an escape route.

'No no no.. I am not ready. I am not..' she was screaming inside her mind, without letting even a single crease visible on her face. Everytime Aditya looked at her, she responded with a faint smile. 

Lift doors opened and she was ready to run back to it, but her feet kept with his. They walked through the busy work floor and it looked nothing less than what she had seen in movies like. 

'This could very well be a perfect fit for the set of "The Wolf of Wall Street" sequel' she thought.

Everyone was talking, walking around, files exchanging hands, empty coffee/tea mugs on several workstations. It felt like a different world, nothing like the cold and dark place she saw last time she had stepped on this floor. 

Soon she could see the name outside a huge glass cabin and she gathered all her courage to face what was waiting for her. It was his cabin. The cabin was empty to her relief, but then Aditya moved in a direction away from the cabin.

'Ohh my God, he is taking me to him.. please stop him, someone..' she thought.

Crossing a lot of glass see through rooms they stopped outside a cabin with blinds. 

CONFERENCE ROOM 1

Aditya knocked on the door, while Prerna did her best to hide herself behind him. She followed him as he entered. Her eyes were tightly shut as Aditya moved aside putting her in the forefront.

Prerna opened her eyes, responding to the voice she heard.

Chapter 26- Page 

Link to other stories-

I AM HOME (One Shot)- completed

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153085293

THE MIRROR (Two Chapters)- completed

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/152168455

EPIPHANY (5 chapters)- Completed  

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/152039413

Edited by Sunn_shine - 3 years ago
CutiepieHarshad thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Such a wonderful update 

Missed kuki and RB 
curious to know about anurag whereabout.

Why did you stop... I want more (sorry for being so greedy 😆)

You know I can’t even explain how much I love reading your this story.  
 I used to check IF after every two Hours for update. 
Am eager to read the next part.

Please try to update ASAP😊

oa2019 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

hey nice to hear your back & ok. loved the update.  I'm so glad that all characters will be interacting with each other more. loved Tanvi & Prerna's meet. can't wait for P & RB to meet now.  hopefully Prerna will tell them soon about her marriage & miscarriage,  it'll be difficult but she needs to if she wants her family back.  please update sooner.

Edited by oa2019 - 3 years ago
eishe10 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Awesome update!  I have been waiting to reading to the next chapter. It was greatly written😊

WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7

*scrunches up face*