Posted: 3 years ago

Prologue 

Ignore  typoes. Didn't proof read. 

PROLOGUE   page 1

PART 1A        Page 2

PART 1B .     Page 2

PRACHI'S ROOM 

MEHRA HOUSE

It had been almost 1 year since the truth about Mr Mehra had come out.  Her life hadn't been the same after the revelation. Emotions like hurt, betrayal, wanting to belong, happiness she had experienced them all.

Since the last 3 months things had been better.Rhea had forgiven her,no now their mother and was somewhat tolerant of Prachi.Her father Mr Mehra had turned every stone to make her feel welcome and we'll settled in the high class society.

But one thing that hadn't changed for the past 1.5 years was Ranbir's feelings for her.

She had known Ranbir for almost 3 years now she smiled at the memory.

Their first year together in college had turned them from enemies to competitors to frenmies(friend-ememies) to finally best friends.

In their second year of college Ranbir had confessed to her in the holi party, that time she wasn't sure of her feelings, heck she wasn't even sure if she believed in love.But Ranbir had soothing told her he would be patient and he would wait.They had together solved the Maya mystery too.

For 1.5 years he had waited. He had been there in every step of her parents reunion.Sometimes being her guide other times just a shoulder to cry on and most of the times the person who made her smile.

Not a day had passed when he reminded Prachi of her worth as a human, as a student and as a friend conveniently leaving the feelings part out since that would make her uncomfortable.She sighed convenient for her not him.

He had proved to be a selfless lover and her best  friend.

Now it had been a complete full month she had realized and consolidated her feelingsfor him, it was imperative that she confessed. Her realization had come when her father had told her that he would introduce Prachi to a guy who fit the description of her ideal guy.Mature, sensible and responsible. She had been stunned because the realization dawned on her that these were no longer the qualities she considered ideal.OUCH!!!!

She would do it in Prachin style with a bonfire, shayari and classical music. 

She just had to think of a plan to propose Ranbir.

RANBIR'S ROOM  

KOHLI'S MANSION

He put down the phone smiling and shaking his head.He had just finished have a lovers squabble with Prachi , lovers squabble as he liked to call it.

He shook his head he was 22 years and in his last year at college day dreaming would do him no good.

If he truly called Prachi his best friend then he would be anything but irresponsible and impractical.She had taught him that.

During the last 1.5 years he had tried to keep the Prachi he knew alive admist all the emotional chapters happening in her life.

He had learnt to be responsible and practical from Prachi and in turn he had taught Prachi to enjoy life and let loose and be crazy in life.

He had loved her from the past 1.5 years without any expectations just patiently waiting for her to realise.

He obviously did not pester her during the last 1.5 years because she was trying so hard to build a family that it would be selfish if he imposed his own feelings on her.

But the last 3 months had been peaceful and happy in Prachi's life yet she hadn't realised her feelings.

Maybe she never would and they weren't meant to be.

He opened his phone and stared at the wallpaper.The picture was a happy picture, it was a family picture Dida was sitting on the chair.Around her on one side on the floor were sitting his parents with his father's hand around his mother, both smiling at the camera. On Dida's left side was Chief and Pragya sasu maa, she was blushing and Chief was teasing her. At the back of Dida's chair were Aryan and Sahana both glaring at each other.

In front of Dida's  chair were seated Prachi and Ranbir.He was looking at her smilingly while she rolled her eyes in typical Prachi style.

Rhea had been clicking the picture and was unable to convince all the people to look at the camera, smile and give a proper pose. So she had clicked the picture when everyone was in their natural element . 

Prachi hates the picture because she said she looked like Aafat Ki  Pudiya  and Annabelle Ki Gudiya.Ranbir would have it no other way all the people he loved were here and he would not change the wallpaper of his phone.

He shook his head concentrating on the purpose of why he had unlocked his phone.

He opened the gallery>quotes folder.

He went in front of the mirror.He was going to give himself a prep talk.

He read the Quote aloud:

In one lifetime you will fall in love many times but only one love will burn your soul forever.

He continued looking at his image in the mirror.

Ranbir dekh,

You know that Prachi is going to be your burn your soul forever love but zindagi ka doosra naam hai chalte zana . He had promised to Prachi that he would wait and always be her friend.

But last to last week he had heard Chief speaking to Prachi saying Prachi beta, I am a modern father you can discuss boyfriend stuff with me.

I know you want a guy who is serious, responsible and mature.I have a guy in mind, I will introduce you to him remind me. Prachi had been lost for a moment but later she smiled and nodded.

Ranbir did not expect Prachi to say to her Dad she loved Ranbir But he had expected atleast Prachi to say that ,Dad my list/notions of the guy i want or consider as ideal boyfriend/husband has changed.

If she had said just this he would have waited patiently for her.But now he saw no future of his love.

He had to be practical and move on.He had decided to shift to the United states for 3 years, he would pursue his MBA from there and part time work at his father's office branch there.

He would honour his promise to Prachi and face time for every sunday as her best friend.

He had to do this for himself, he would find a girl with all the qualities he loved which he knew resembled Prachi's personality.

Prachi would always be the love that would burn his soul but in this lifetime he would find love again.

He had applied to the university and his letter was accepted. He just had to break the news to both the families.

Edited by ican - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anandhi007 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

So good so far!!!!! Can't wait for you to finish it!! One small question,In your version,the bet didn't exist huh?

gauri_tvfanatic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Nice start

So finally Prachi has realised... that's good...n now she is planning to propose

But Ranbir is going away...no...😭...he is sad due to misunderstanding...but he is in for surprise😉

Please update soon

gauri_tvfanatic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anandhi007

So good so far!!!!! Can't wait for you to finish it!! One small question,In your version,the bet didn't exist huh?

Yes...me too have same question

A_bibliophile thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

It does exist, you'll have to read on.

A_bibliophile thumbnail

Originally posted by: sanyogitaprc

Nice start

So finally Prachi has realised... that's good...n now she is planning to propose

But Ranbir is going away...no...😭...he is sad due to misunderstanding...but he is in for surprise😉

Please update soon

Thank you

anandhi007 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ican

It does exist, you'll have to read on.

Cool cool, can't wait to

A_bibliophile thumbnail

Cool cool, can't wait to

I will have to break it to you.

Or has a sad and unfinished ending.

A_bibliophile thumbnail

Originally posted by: sanyogitaprc

Yes...me too have same question

Updating the part

You'll know

Please Don't kill me but i wanted to write something different.

A_bibliophile thumbnail

BONFIRE CONFESSIONS

Prachi got out of her bed early in the morning to visit her garden to do Yoga.The garden was in full bloom as it was March end the season of spring. She thought to herself  these cold days of  calmness and reflection are waning off as the new energy of spring rises. 

On this spring day, Prachi stared at the flowers that would colour her world for the warmer days to come, waving in the breeze like her unwavering smile . She let her eyes flow from tree to tree, noticing the buds ready to open into the light, just as her love life would bloom.

She got dressed, offered her sincere prayers to god and set her plan into motion.She rang up Sahana and Aryan to explain them the plan.They both were overjoyed to see the two people who deserved all the happiness in the world would finally be ONE step closer in achieving it.

Prachi had already instructed Aryan and Sahana what was to be done so they had left for the venue to begin the preparations.

Prachi called Ranbir to begin their first part of the plan.

Prachi:Hi, Ranbir. I have a request to make.I had always wished that when things would become normal in my family, I would go and offer my prayers in the temple situated in the outskirts of the city. Would you and Aryan accompany me and Sahana please.

Ranbir :Well Prachi there is something I would also like to share with the 3 of you, I am quite nervous about it. So i guess it would be better to do so after bowing in front of Bhagwanjee and seeking this blessings.Count me in.

Prachi:Thank you Ranbir.Meet you at 3PM this afternoon.

3 PM outside their houses

Prachi looked beautiful in a red anarkali suit.When she saw Ranbir, she blushed, he had always been smart but seeing him in a new way made her heart skip a beat.

She had already instructed Aryan to carry a speaker and a bottle of wine along.

Prachi opened the door for Ranbir to sit in the co passenger seat.This action of hers surprised him but he asked no questions maybe this was going to be the last happy memory of them.She sat in the drivers seat and started the car. Teaching her to drive was one of the many gifts Ranbir had given her; which she cherished a lot.They started the GPRS and pushed out of the city.The environment of the car was filled with love songs and even Sahana's non stop chatter was not heard today.

They both sat in the back seat of the car and held hands.Ranbir saw this gesture through the front mirror and smiled wishing he could capture this perfect moment. He opened the sun roof of the new sports car and hauled himself up to enjoy the feel of the Indian air.

After 45 minutes of driving as soon as they had left the city and now approached the lesser travelled outskirt roads, two routes divulged in front of them.

Ranbir checked the GPRS, it showed that the car was supposed to be steared to the right to reach the Mandir but he saw Prachi taking a left turn.

He looked at Aryan and Sahana for support but they were pretending to sleep.

Prachi explained to him that she had asked dad for a shortcut route  and he had suggested her that.

This was far from the truth , actually Prachi deliberately had taken the wrong turn which would take them through the jungle route.As planned Aryan would deflate the car's tyre so that the 4 of them would be forced to spend the night at the "Far from world" camp site where she had intended to propose.

They stopped in between to relieve themselves, Aryan used this as an opportunity to deflate the tyre.Prachi drove the car again but the tyre crashed just 1 km before the camp site.

Ranbir:Cheez shit.My phone does not have any signal what are we supposed to do?Prachi's and Sahana's  phone were also dead zero in terms of singal.Aryan's phone had signal but he pretended otherwise .The girls stayed near the car while the boys searched around for help. A nearby tea stall vendor told them about the camp site and they decided to spend the night there.

FAR FROM WORLD CAMP SITE

The camp site was a beautiful serene location.The lush green scenery ,the beautiful spring bloom all added up and made it a surreal place.

The took up 2 rooms and got settled.They all had decided that since they had been stuck here they would enjoy the BONFIRE tonight.

While Ranbir slept in the room, Prachi Aryan and Sahana booked a Bonfire area, the farthest one from the camp site where the starry sky would be visible.The made all the arrangements for the BONFIRE and  placed 10 cushions surrounding the bonfire.

All the cushions had letters written by Prachi pinned on them with the help of an oil pin.

Around seven they had snacks and decided to go to the bonfire Area.

Ranbir:The girls had said they would go to the room and be back to join us.Where are they?

Aryan:Ranbir, you start walking towards the bonfire Area. I'll see what the girls are upto and bring them along. He gave a coupon to Ranbir indicating their BONFIRE number.He started to walk towards the destination.

Edited by ican - 3 years ago