Pranbir OS - The football match

Posted: 3 years ago

Hey guys, I'm back with my 1st OS on Pranbir. Mala gave me the idea for this OS. So, idea credit goes to Mala. Waiting to know whether you all like it. 

The Football Match

An ambience of excitement and anticipation prevailed over the entire college as the day of inter college soccer match had finally arrived. The faculty too joined in the enthusiasm of the students and had been engaged in preparations for weeks so that everything moves without any glitch.

Some students were sauntering around the campus, engaged in discussions about the soccer match that was about to commence within an hour while some others were moving about busily, discharging the tasks they had been entrusted with. And some geeks were engrossed in their books even in the midst of the festive ambience, oblivious to their surroundings.

Prachi and Sahana were meandering towards the grounds at a leisurely pace. Sahana was exclaiming gleefully over the decorations while Prachi was observing the same with a charming smile and giving her inputs occasionally.

Prachi was absentmindedly twirling a lock of her sleek and smooth fall of hair while taking in the surroundings which had been morphed almost beyond recognition with festoons and banners exhibiting a multitude of hues.

Out of the blue, someone grabbed Prachi’s shoulders from theback and shook her. Startled out of her wits, Prachi cried out in alarm and whirled around only to find Ranbir doubling up with laughter.

“Don’t you have anything to do other than troubling me?”Scowling furiously at the still laughing Ranbir, Prachi swatted him on the arm with her notebook.

“Ow! It hurts!” Ranbir’s laughter was replaced by a grimace

“Good. It was meant to.” Prachi smirked

“You are such a tyrant, Lecturi.” Ranbir scowled at Prachi

“You are such a baby, Baklu.” Prachi rolled her eyes in typical ‘Prachi’ style

“Enough you two! Whenever you two meet you start fighting.No one who comes across you for the first time will believe that you are such good friends. Give me a break. Please.” Sahana pouted

“Awe Sahana! You are so cute! Never heard the saying that those who fight the most also love each other the most?” Ranbir winked at Prachi with a cocky grin.

“Oh, is that so?” Sahana giggled while wiggling her eyebrows as she turned to Prachi

The next moment both Sahana and Ranbir cried out as Prachi used her notebook on both of them in quick succession.

“If you are done joking around, Ranbir, your team mates are waiting for their ‘star’ player.” Prachi inclined her head towards Ranbir’s team mates and friends who had been growing increasingly impatient and were probably debating if they should come and haul him away. 

I wasn’t joking at all Prachi. I wish you could understand.

Ranbir thought as he sighed wistfully.

“What’s wrong?” Prachi was looking at him quizzically

“Nothing. I was wondering if you are going to be the cheerleader, cheering for me in those short, cute dresses.” Ranbir smirked suggestively and then guffawed as Prachi punched him playfully on the arm.

“You are incorrigible, Ranbir. Now go.” Prachi shoved him towards his team mates.

Chuckling, he began to amble away when Prachi hauled him back by his jacket.

“Arey yaar! No one will ever respect me if they see how you treat me. At least think of my reputation in the college.” Ranbir feigned embarrassment.

“Don’t call me yaar. And I just wanted to wish you luck for the match. Best of luck.” Prachi smiled.

“Thank you.”Exhilarated, Ranbir’s face split into a broad grin.

Prachi waited for a moment or two but when he still remained rooted to the spot, staring at her with a stupid grin, she sighed.

“Ranbir” Prachi huffed impatiently

“Yeah” Ranbir beamed, oozing boatload of charm

“My good luck can only work when you actually participate in the match you know.” Prachi rolled her eyes exasperatedly.

“Oh! Right! (Consulting his watch) Gotta go! You always do this Prachi. Engage me in trifles and make me late. (Tapping Prachi’s nose tip lightly) Bye girls. See you in the grounds and Prachi, be on time.” Chuckling,Ranbir scurried away before Prachi could get a hold of him.

“Did you hear that? I make him late? I was the one who roused him out of his stupor. He asked me to be on time? Does he ever get to any place on time? Aaahhh! He is so annoying!” Prachi balled her fists and thumped her leg on the ground.

“He is so charming.” Sahana muttered under her breath

“What did you say?” Prachi narrowed her eyes suspiciously

“Nothing. Calm down Prachi and let’s go, else the match will start without us.” Sahana strode off puling Prachi along with her.

Soon the makeshift stadium around the college grounds was filled to bursting point with spectators, including excited students of both the colleges, teachers. The chief guest and other guests were seated on a raised platform along with the dean of the host college.

Both the teams filed into the grounds amidst cheers from the students of their respective colleges. Ranbir, who was the captain of his college football team, stepped up to meet and shake hands with the captain of the rival team. After they shook hands and gave each other a perfunctory nod,they stepped back and both the teams jogged back to their designated spots.

Ranbir looked back towards the rows of spectators, his eyes searching the one face amidst the numerous exuberant faces that he yearned to see always, no matter where he was. Before his eyes could fulfill its quest, he was summoned back to the present as the whistle of the referee blew off,indicating the commencement of the match.

Soon, Ranbir’s team was in possession of the ball. His teammate Arjun was dashing towards the goal post of the opposite team when he noticed the center forward of the rival team charging towards him. He smoothly passed the ball to Piyush who, after successfully managing to hoodwink the two center midfielders, passed it to Ranbir who was on his left, as the two center backs and left and right fullbacks bore down upon him. With the goal unprotected except for the goalkeeper Ranbir duped the goalkeeper into believing that he would take the right shot and instead took a left and scored the first goal for their team. A cheer of ecstasy from the spectators of Ranbir’s college resonated in the ground while the students of the rival college hooted and jeered. Ranbir’s fellow team mates bore down on him and the poor guy was buried under their ebullient embraces. When he finally managed to get to his feet, he again looked towards the rows and this time his yearning was quenched as his eyes found her exhilarated face, cheering for him and skipping along with Sahana in excitement. He got his true reward for the spectacular performance, her happiness, which was all he had ever wanted.

He lost himself in her laughter which increased her beauty manifold and lit her features from within. Her laughter had such hypnotic effect on him that he, yet again, became oblivious to his surroundings, unaware that the game was resumed. Out of the blue, the ball thwacked the back of his head, catching him unaware and causing him to topple down on the ground. He grazed his elbows badly in his endeavor to break the fall. The match stopped again as Ranbir’s teammates rushed to his aid. With the assistance of his teammates, Ranbir got to his feet gingerly. A burning sensation in his knees alerted him to the fact that his elbows were not the only parts of his body that sustained injury due to the fall. Blood was dripping down both his arms and legs. The sports teacher hurried to Ranbir and after inquiring if he could walk and getting affirmation from him, suggested that someone should take him to the infirmary. Aryan volunteered. Ranbir trudged out of the grounds, leaning heavily on Aryan.

As soon as they plodded into the unusually tranquil infirmary and Aryan helped Ranbir to plonk down on a low couch, Prachi strode into the room. Ranbir expected a furious Prachi but was pleasantly surprised to encounter a concerned Prachi.

“Aryan, you go back to the grounds and pacify Sahana that everything is under control.” Prachi’s tone brooked no argument.

Having no intention to argue with her anyway, Aryan left the room.

“What should I do with you Ranbir? You were playing so well.What happened all of a sudden? Your mind seemed to be elsewhere. Are you alright?” Prachi showered him with queries as she anxiously gently hold of his arm and began to examine the wound.

You happened, Prachi. Love happened. Since the day I had fallen for you, my mind as well as heart are where you are.

Ranbir smiled staring at her lovingly.

“Ranbir, you are again lost somewhere! Did you even hear single thing I said just now?” Prachi sighed exasperatedly, worried about his well-being.

“Off course, Prachi. I heard everything you said just now.Right at this moment my mind is on my injuries which are hurting like hell. I’min agony at the moment. Aaah!” Ranbir winced

He was feigning to be in more pain than he was actually experiencing and hence did not expect a sharp girl like Prachi to fall for the ruse. Therefore, he was mightily amazed when he saw the concern amplify in her beautiful features. She trotted off to the floor to ceiling cupboards and rummaged for the first aid box. Excavating it, she took it to the couch. She squatted down on the couch, facing him and began to open the lid of the first aid box.

“Show me the wounds. Arms first. It will hurt. You have to be brave.” Prachi uncorked the bottle of the antiseptic briskly and then poured some of the liquid on cotton.

She began to dab the cotton carefully on his wound with utmost tenderness. He was staring at her with a gentle smile when he noticed that a stray strand of long, thick hair was distracting her. She kept pushing it off her face with the back of her hand but it continued to return. Smiling slightly, Ranbir gently put the lock behind he rear. The tenderness and care behind the action made Prachi look up from the task at hand and Ranbir observed some unnamed emotions flickering to life in her eyes before she returned to her ministrations.

As she dabbed the cotton on a particularly nasty looking cut, Ranbir hissed in pain, making Prachi flinch too. She began to blow softly to mitigate his agony. After a moment, she again began to dab the cotton on his wound, but this time more cautiously. As soon as she dabbed it, she grimaced in anticipation. Ranbir’s lips curved into a charming smile as realization dawned that she was actually feeling his pain. No matter how much she deny to herself and to him, her feelings for him underwent a change. Love was blossoming from the seeds of friendship. She is too naive to realize it yet. All he had to do was wait patiently. He could wait for a lifetime for the day when she would realize her feelings for him.

After she bandaged the wounds, Prachi stared at him, concern etched on her lovely features.

“Ranbir, do you think you should return to the match? What if you get hurt again?” Anxious, Prachi was unaware that she was looking the image of adorable sweetness.

“Then you will treat my wounds again. (Seeing her frown at him) Relax Prachi. I’ll be fine. Okay, I promise I’ll take better care. Now smile. A teeny weeny smile. Come on. It’s my lucky charm.” Ranbir beamed at her.

Prachi couldn’t help giggling at his antics and in an uncharacteristic move, ruffled his hair. Suddenly aware that they aren’t alone anymore, Prachi turned towards the entrance to find Aryan stationed there with a broad grin. Embarrassed, Prachi got to her feet.

“You are crazy Ranbir Kohli. Bye. And all the best.” Still smiling Prachi sauntered out of the room.

“Crazy for you, Prachi Arora.” Ranbir grinned ecstatically and raked his hand through his thick, dark hair.

“What did I miss?” Aryan wiggled his brows, smirking.

“Many things and not much.” Ranbir sighed dreamily.

“Huh! What are you even saying, dude?” Aryan was baffled.

“Nothing, Aryan. You won’t understand. Let’s go. Everyone will be waiting for us.” Getting to his feet, Ranbir threw an arm around Aryan’s shoulder and dragged him along as he plodded out of the room.

Loud and exhilarated cheers welcomed Ranbir as he returned to the grounds. Ranbir turned towards the rows, his eyes searching a particular face yet again. Finally, their eyes met. Prachi mouthed good luck which infused Ranbir with a new, invincible spirit. As long as she was with him, victory would be his. With a renewed vigour, he returned to the match.

This time the ball was in the possession of the rival team.Their center forward Rahul was darting towards the goal of Ranbir’s team.However, his progress was hindered by Ranbir, who, with astounding dexterity,snatched the ball before Rahul could assimilate what happened. By the time realization dawned on Rahul, Ranbir was sprinting away towards their goal, with ball in his possession. He successfully maneuvered the ball past the two center midfielders and left and right midfielders with great expertise. Ranbir had transformed into an unstoppable whirlwind. Realizing that there was no other way to stop him, the captain of the rival team resorted to playing dirty to win. He gestured his center full backs to try and trip Ranbir. What they were unaware of was that as per his promise to Prachi, Ranbir was being extremely alert and cautious. In his peripheral vision, he noticed the two burly guys bearing down upon him with menace etched over their harsh features. Instantly, he realized what they were up to. His lips curved into an impish smirk as he waited for them to come closer and then abruptly fall back. Consequently, the two guys who had stretched their legs to trip Ranbir managed to trip each other and toppled down on the ground over each other, clearing the way for Ranbir to make his way to the goal unimpeded as he was too nimble for the left and right fullbacks to catch up before he reached the goal. He pretended to hit the ball straight to the goal. Anticipating his move, the goalkeeper moved forward. Ranbir, however, lifted the ball in the air with his leg and leaping up, hit it with his head sending it straight to the goal over the goalkeeper’s head.

The makeshift stadium burst into rounds of applause at his phenomenal performance. The whistle blew signaling the culmination of the match. Ranbir’s team emerged victorious by two goals. Soon, Ranbir was called upon to receive the inter college soccer trophy amidst another round of applause.

Prachi was thoroughly impressed at his talent. So, he didn't brag about his prowess. He really was a talented player. This was the first time she was seeing him in action in a soccer match and she had totally relished the experience. His performance really was laudable, she thought, as she continued applauding along with others

As soon as Ranbir descended the stage, he was lifted off the ground by his teammates and made his way to the changing room on their shoulders.

Ranbir was togging off to the cafeteria, wincing every now and then as the pain, which was forgotten due to the adrenaline coursing through him regarding the match, was setting in. He was flummoxed when he was greeted with a chorus of congratulations. His eyes moved from Aryan to Sahana and finally rested on the lovely features of his beloved as his face split into a wide grin. Yearning to share his joy with her and oblivious to his surrounding, Ranbir moved towards Prachi who was as ecstatic as he was. Aryan discreetly pulled Sahana to a side allowing them the much required space.

Prachi and Ranbir hugged each other tightly, communicating their mutual delight silently. Astonished, Sahana’s mouth fell open but before she could utter a single word, a hand covered her mouth. Sahana looked at Aryan only to see him gesturing to keep quiet. As Sahana nodded, he slowly released her.

“I have a feeling that our congratulations as well as our presence is not required right at this moment. Let them have some time alone.Come.” Smiling, Aryan grabbed Sahana’s hand and meandered away.

Coming back to her senses, Prachi disentangled herself from his arms and stepped back. She was bemused at her own actions. Never before had she allowed a guy to even touch her. Why did she hug Ranbir today? Granted the hug was mutual and they were both in a very thrilled state of mind due to their college's victory. But still. When did she become so familiar with Ranbir? Why did she feel so comfortable with him? And just why was her heart thudding so loudly as if in an attempt to let her know something? Perplexed by the tumult caused by her own feelings, Prachi stared at Ranbir who was smiling at her with some very intense emotions in his eyes. Unable to bear the intensity of his gaze and feeling curiously shy for some reason, Prachi took another step back.

“I…Congrats. You were awesome. I mean in the ground. I…I have to go. Bye.” Smiling tentatively at him, Prachi marched away.

“No matter how much you run away from your feelings Prachi they will catch up with you eventually. It is only a matter of time. And I am willing to give you all the time you require to come to the realization on your own, without any external influence.” Ranbir smiled and blew a kiss in the direction in which his beloved had trotted off.

This is wonderful :O the details and thoughts you put in designing the match is so good. You are an amazing writer!!! I cannot imagine this situation to be played out any different than you have written!!! I could totally picture it alll!!!

Wow nandini. Its really awesome. You showed emotions so beautifully ❤️❤️.  The way you describing  everything, its awesome .

I could never have wrote with such detail. Please write a novel. I will be the first one to buy it😳.

And thanks for acknowledgment. I didn't  do the hard work like you did to write it. And also thanks for making the imagination  reality. Would really love if CVs really show something like this.

Please please continue  writing when you are free. You are awesome ❤️❤️. 

A very well written OS.

The detailing is what makes the readers feel they are there in the field

Hopefully you write about the business trips soon.

Looking forward to your many FF and os

Originally posted by mala06

Wow nandini. Its really awesome. You showed emotions so beautifully ❤️❤️.  The way you describing  everything, its awesome .

I could never have wrote with such detail. Please write a novel. I will be the first one to buy it😳.

And thanks for acknowledgment. I didn't  do the hard work like you did to write it. And also thanks for making the imagination  reality. Would really love if CVs really show something like this.

Please please continue  writing when you are free. You are awesome ❤️❤️. 

I am waiting for a OS from you

Maybe sometime soon??

Beautifully written, loved it to the core. Would have loved to see something like this in the show, sweet and romantic, while being totally plausible

Originally posted by ican

I am waiting for a OS from you

Maybe sometime soon??

Sorry, but, my english is very poor. I won't  be able to write like you guys😭😭

Originally posted by mala06

Sorry, but, my english is very poor. I won't  be able to write like you guys😭😭

I have seen you replying to posts and they were no where lacking in language.

Write

Nandini and me will help you edit

You have good ideas

Originally posted by ican

I have seen you replying to posts and they were no where lacking in language.

Write

Nandini and me will help you edit

You have good ideas

Wow thats really sweet of you guys❤️. You really think my English is good? My main motive to join this forum was to improve my English😆.  I am lazy person actually😆, will not promise you guys  but will try.