Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HakunaMatata. thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

@bold: I'll try and explain it to you. The label owns the rights. In case the label is remaking its own songs, then they do not need to take permission from the original creators (which I feel they should do as goodwill atleast). But the label HAS to give the names of the original makers BEFORE the recreators in the credits. Imo Bagchi should not be given any credit as a composer coz he is basically using an old song and adding sounds like Jhankar Beats to it. He deserves a programmer's credit.

Giving credit to the singer is not needed because they are technically "vocal instruments" and their contribution is not in the creating process, they basically do what they are told. 

For example: Disney made a new web series High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, is on the lines of the original HSM. So songs from the first HSM were used. The song credits have the names of the new singers but include the original creators. Both album rights are with Walt Disney Records.

@italics: I am praying for everyone from the 90s to come back πŸ˜† Singers toh we still have some talented ones today, but I definitely want all the composers and lyricists to be back...otherwise its RIP musicπŸ˜’

Thanks! That explains a lot πŸ˜Š So is this what Sonu and Gang had been fighting for since long? Equal credits and rights to the composers and singers.. 

T-Series need to be brought down and only established ppl can do that.. New singers cant be expected to let go off these offers.. Woh nahi toh koi aur kar lenge.. But again.. Kakkar and Bagchi are no newcomers now.. they have the liberty to put their foot down.. 

@Bold: True.. Udit toh still sounds the same, he can be better utilized now rather than using Arijit everywhere.. Even Shaan and Sonu..

Talented singers I agree, we have many.. but end mein lena sabko Tulsi Neha aur Arijit ko hi hai.. No variation there also..

Lyrics ki baat mat karo.. Case in point Badshah's Genda Phool.. promise water not coming from your eyes... πŸ˜†

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: HakunaMatata.

Thanks! That explains a lot πŸ˜Š So is this what Sonu and Gang had been fighting for since long? Equal credits and rights to the composers and singers.. 

T-Series need to be brought down and only established ppl can do that.. New singers cant be expected to let go off these offers.. Woh nahi toh koi aur kar lenge.. But again.. Kakkar and Bagchi are no newcomers now.. they have the liberty to put their foot down.. 

@Bold: True.. Udit toh still sounds the same, he can be better utilized now rather than using Arijit everywhere.. Even Shaan and Sonu..

Talented singers I agree, we have many.. but end mein lena sabko Tulsi Neha aur Arijit ko hi hai.. No variation there also..

Lyrics ki baat mat karo.. Case in point Badshah's Genda Phool.. promise water not coming from your eyes... πŸ˜†

The MCAI, ISRA and Lyricist Association have been fighting since the longest time. Its not just Sonu Nigam, almost everyone who isn't working today is because of this. Read this:

https://www.indiatvnews.com/entertainment/bollywood/music-director-milind-quits-indian-performing-right-society-8558.html

This is where Anand-Milind talk about T Series (they basically made the company with QSQT, Lal Dupatta Malmal Ka, Dil, Beta...)

https://www.idiva.com/entertainment/bollywood/anand-milind-on-their-comeback-in-bollywood/15916

But the fact that they are very low-key and the media only hypes up certain artists means that only they are in the spotlight for all this. I remember there were interviews from Kailash Kher, Shankar Ehsaan Loy etc for the same thing. But I cannot find the link right now!

Established people are doing all they can but they do not hold power in this country...like how artists hold power in UK, USA or any other country.

The bill got amended in 2012. But labels have to be members of the IPRS and then only royalty gets distributed. But guess who isn't a member and is releasing songs left right centre?! This is what Vishal Dadlani said recently!

Also composers, lyricists sign an agreement so either their rights are illegally taken away or the song is made specifically for a particular production house, particular film and is distributed by a particular label. I read this recently so I think its illegal what they are doing without the consent of the original creators.