Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thedramaqueen thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I felt very sorry for Bigben. The agony on her face🥺. The one thing she wants, a raja beta in Abir... she can’t get. Abir is so frighteningly like Bigben that she is parenting him exactly like Nanu should have (in her view) parented her. And nanu is over compensating. She hasn’t forgiven herself for her mistakes. She cannot let Abir choose the wrong girl (I do believe Mishti is not the right girl for this family. Mishti does not discuss things with anyone and she is not a family member to take the kind of steps she took). She cannot let her son marry a girl who will lead him into a fire, literally. From her point of view,Abir pe hazaron mishtiyan kurbaan. It’s not what Abir’s girlfriend does.. It’show she does it… and how Abir is pyar main lattu. Kunal even said it, “bhai ki baat alagh hai!”. Bhai wants to marry Mishti, so we all better be wanting bhai to marry mishti. Whoever does not agree will be coaxed, guilted, pressured into agreeing🤢.

25 years ago, when Mehul absconded and Bigben’s pregnant mistress turned up at her doorstep… She did the right thing. She took them all on.  If she wanted, she could have chosen to live a life of peace with her son Abir. In present day, she wants Abir to take that role on. It’s a different matter that the son who is actually playing that role and ready to step into her shoes is Kunal.

And she hates it... She hates the fact that this could all have been avoided if she hadn’t married Mehul. It’s actually very common for children to let their love interest go for the sake of their family. I find it very irresponsible that Abir is not learning from the example Mishti is setting in front of him. Bigben is making things worse because Abir isn’t stopping at anything.His mother’s ultimate wish does not matter to him AT ALL. Not once has he sat down and asked his mother, grandfather or half-brother how do they feel. Had he not rushed it, bade papa and bigben would not have rushed it. I don’t know if anyone noticed that Bigben has not sat down for 2 minutes since this show started.I would say she has not sat down for 2 minutes since the day Parul turned up at her doorstep. 

I wish bigben would leave this rogue family alone to fend for themselves. Kunal can run the business, Abir can romance and nanu can lecture and dance…

I ask again, where is the bada beta of this house? 

Edited by thedramaqueen - 4 years ago
HahaHeheHuhu9 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

This is a perspective that absolutely needs to be out there, so thanks for making this post! 👏

The writing of this show has always presented serious inconsistencies in the relationship between actions and responsibility, especially when it comes to the leads. In this case, the way they wrote the truth coming out, it becomes more about Abir and Mishti than Kunal (even though it's about *his* identity) and the sequence of events is constructed such that Kunal spiking the drink cancels out Mishti's mistake of revealing the truth to him in the cruel manner that she did, but somehow Mishti's mistake doesn't afford any benefit of doubt to Kunal on why he didn't immediately tell Abir and apologise. Very convenient but not very convincing. 

For me, it doesn't come off as heroic or romantic that Abir completely washes his hands of Kunal every time Kunal does Meenu's dirty work. Kunal does these things, Meenu has such a grip over him *because* Abir was always too busy writing poetry,  wandering in the dessert, and wallowing in self-pity  over baba's abandonment to be there for his brother and his mom. Every time Abir was indifferent to Meenu and Kunal watched his mom get hurt, he tried and still tries to make it up to her by being the obedient son Abir never was. 

From the beginning of th show, Abir constatnly abandons Kunal when he's most vulnerable, Meenu preys on this vulnerability and convinces Kunal that it's because he didn't try hard enough to stop Abir, so Kunal follows the instructions of the one other person he trusts most to try and get him back. I have never once seen this addressed. Meenu is a difficult and often unreasonable woman, no doubt, and she can be absolutely ruthless when it comes to getting her way, but she has put this family together and provided for it for over twenty years. At the very least, she deserves a fair hearing from her son about why she thinks Mishti is wrong for the family. It is as much Abir's responsibility to handle her as it is Kunal's and he never pulls his weight; he never stops to listen. 

And that is what brings us to the conundrum he finds himself in today. Apparently the solution to not listening to Mishti is to turn around and not listen to Kunal. Wah. How many assumptions Abir made today without listening first! How does he know Kunal doesn't regret what he did? How does he know he didn't want to apologise to Nishant? Everyone knows Kunal spiked the drink because Kunal *did* own up to it, immediately, and confessed to Kuhu. He didn't immediately apologise because Mishti's revelation was extremely traumatic and left him in shock. Still, the next day he didn't hesitate to own up to his deeds when Kuhu called him out, and a mere day later, he was making his own effort to get a better idea of Meenu's involvement and confronted her directly. 

I keep hearing that Kunal needed this reality check, but honestly, why?  Any reality check he needed, he already got from Kuhu,  and not only was it was delivered in a much more effective manner but Kunal was already acting on it. 

Finally, I am apalled at the fact that Abir said he has nothing now because of Kunal (and of course we know that Parul is going to drive this home tomorrow). No Abir, you managed that one all on you own. When Kunal himself asked Abir to choose between him and Mishti -- which in my book  was really just Kunal asking Abir to pay any attention to his feelings at all -- Abir chose Mishti every time. Meenu literally had to threaten to kick Kunal and Parul out for Abir to even consider choosing his family over his love, and Abir *chose* not to tell Kunal the truth. It shows  Abir's true colours that he is openly expressing resentment at Kunal for a decision Kunal had absolutely no voice in. At least have the gumption to own up to the decisions you made to leave Kunal out of the loop! 

I am aware that the show will probably never address these issues. Kunal will have to "earn" his place as Abir's nanko (so much for unconditional love!) while Abir continues to be volatile, unreliable, and self-absorbed, and all of this will be celebrated as incredibly romantic. Still, I think it's important to call out this entitled, bull-in-a-china-shop behaviour and I'm so glad you initiated the discussion! 

Wow wow wow 🙏🙏🙏 

These are some hard-hitting facts right here! 

Thank you for putting the truth out in such an articulate manner! ❤ 

I agree with each & every word 👍 It can't be expressed any better.  

Writers, please do justice with your parallel leads, if not with all the characters.  Not everyone appreciates the other characters suffering collateral damage at the hands of leads.