Originally posted by: Sunn_shine

kaise pata?? Insan hai kabhi kabhi haar bhi sakta hai na😃

Par Mera RB Jeet ke liye hi Bana hai...😈😎

Sunn_shine thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: MishtiNew

Par Mera RB Jeet ke liye hi Bana hai...😈😎

Bana to hai...ab dekhte hai asani se jeet jata hai ya mushkilo. Agar jeet jata hai to

Minhasmansi92 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Sunn_shine

sab PM ka reply to kiya.. ek ka reh gaya hai.. aisa ilzaam lagay na mishti😭

Acha or vo kaun hai?😡 mujhe abhi tak reply nhi diya tune. You are so bad

MishtiNew thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minhasmansi92

Acha or vo kaun hai?😡 mujhe abhi tak reply nhi diya tune. You are so bad

Main Kaun hoon???😡

You forgot me...😡😭

WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7

Mera pm dekho meri mange puri karo 

Sunn_shine thumbnail

CHAPTER 11

LAUNCH DAY - THREE DAYS LATER (SUNDAY)

ALTAMOUNT TOWERS

6.30 AM

Rishabh was getting ready for his meeting at BICP, Navi Mumbai. He could barely focus on his tie knot as his head was pounding with severe headache. He left the tie and took an aspirin and sat on his bed holding his head in his hands waiting for some relief. He barely slept for the past few days, anticipating Aditya’s next move. Though they were resolving most of the issues one at a time but Aditya didn’t seem to stop. Rishabh this time could not really point at what worried him, but Aditya’s involvement with THRIVE made him pretty uncomfortable. He looked at his watch and got up to get ready as he didn’t have enough to sit around. They had to travel 1.5 hour to reach BICP for a meeting. 

He asked Chandu to keep his stuff in their car and quietly entered Kukki’s room who slept hugging her teddy that he had kept when he left her side to get ready about an hour back. He sat on her bed and leaned back to reach her face. While caressing her hair for a few seconds while admiring her sleeping and placed a soft kiss on her cheek. 

Kukki opened her eyes a bit and saw her father’s face right in front of her. Her lips stretched into a light smile and her eyelids moved in an attempt to wake up.

“It’s okay Princess, go back to sleep. It’s not time for you to wake up yet Rishabh lightly patted her back to put her back to sleep. Kukki slightly shifted her body towards him and wrapped her arms around his neck and in her sleepy voice, she murmured in his ear, “I miss you Papa, please come back soon, it's our DayDay

Rishabh felt nothing but miserable for not being able to be with his daughter that on a Sunday that she always said was their “Date Day”. He said in a whispering voice “Baby, Papa is really very sorry, he has not been able to give you much time for the past few days. But I promise I will make up for our little date” 

He could feel Kukki’s grip loosening around his neck indicating that she had drifted back to sleep. Carefully he moved her hands from his neck and tucked them inside the duvet. He adjusted her teddy and got up from the bed after placing another long peck on her forehead.

Rishabh came out of Kukki’s room and saw Massi waiting in the living area.

Masi aap itni jaldi kyu uth gaye? Jake so jaiye please” Rishabh said as John helped him wear his jacket.

Bas yuhi, socha tumhare liye coffee banwa dete hain. Tumne to uthaya nahi humein”

“Thank you so much Masi but I am really getting late, coffee ka time nahi haihe said while giving Sharda a light hug. 

Chandu ne bataya tumhara sar mein dard ho rha hai, isliye humne coffee already tumhare car mein rakhwa diya hai, raste mein le lena, you’ll feel better,” said Sharda breaking the hug.

“You are a sweetheart. I should leave now, nhi to traffic bad jayega and I don’t want to get stuck. See you in the evening” 

Mr. Mehra was already waiting for Rishabh in latter’s car going through some files over his phone. Rishabh came and sat on his side.

“Morning Mehra, all set? I have never been so keen for any of my competitor’s launch like this ever in my life” said Rishabh while making himself comfortable and instructed his driver to hit the road.

“I think we have all the information, but I am not sure if we are ready because we don’t have an agenda yet. Waiting for the launch to get a clarity.” said Mr. Mehra who was a bit confused thinking why Rishabh looked so worked up about the whole thing. Gathering all his courage he decided to clarify his doubt with Rishabh. “Sir please don’t mind but mujhe ab tak samajh nahi aaya hai aap is sabko lekey itna tense kyun hai. Abhi tak humein kuch pata nahi hai, humari market presence THRIVE se 4 times zyada hai, not that one launch will affect us so much. Is it because of Menaka Mam and Mr. Adhiraj’s involvement?”

“I agree with you Mehra. Whatever you are saying makes sense. Par building chahe kitni bhi strong ho agar chhota sa dent pad jaye aur use time pr control na kiya jaye to wo chhota dent bhi ek bada crack banke poora structure ruin kar sakta hai. I don’t want no dents. It's not Menaka that worries me, she is a true professional and in this case our competitor too. But she knows to draw a line between personal and professional matters. It’s Aditya’s presence in this whole thing” Rishabh rubbed his head as his headache was getting unbearable the more he thought about Aditya. He grabbed his coffee mug as he needed it the most now to divert his mind some relief from his headache.

Mr. Mehra looked away from Rishabh and  focused back on his phone screen. He could not understand Rishabh’s reaction to the whole scenario as he always remained calm even in the worst of situations. Only time he saw Rishabh this restless was more than 10 years ago. And the only thing common in both instances was this man named Aditya Adhiraj'

BAJAJ INFRAGIANT CORPORATE PARK, NAVI MUMBAI

Rishabh’s Cabin, 9.00 AM

Rishabh entered his cabin followed by Mr. Mehra and Nidhi. As soon as he entered his cabin he requested Nidhi to have someone arrange for a black coffee. 

Nidhi made a quick call and joined Mr. Mehra. Rishabh was still pacing around fidgeting with the paper weight and running his hand through his hair in between. Mr. Mehra was busy with his phone and Nidhi looked at the two men in confusion waiting for anyone of them to break the silence. After blankly waiting for 5 minutes or so everyone’s attention was grabbed by a knock on the door where an office help was waiting with a tray expecting their permission to enter the cabin. Nidhi nodded and he kept three hot cups of coffee for all of them and left. Rishabh was first one to grab his mug and finally he spoke.

“Ms. Nayak R&D team?asked Rishabh.

“They are here, we can start sharp 10.30 as scheduled” Nidhi replied.

“Good, what time is the launch thing? Rishabh still paced across the room.

"They announce at 11.00AM. They are also streaming live on Youtube. We have made arrangements in the meeting room, if you'd like to..

Rishabh interrupted Nidhi and asked Mr. Mehra "Is the package in?"

"Yes Sir, it reached here a while ago," replied Mr. Mehra shifting his gaze at Nidhi.

"Yes Sir, I already sent it to the team from Bangalore" replied Nidhi moving her eyes balls like she was watching tennis game in slow motion as she followed Rishabh still walking back and forth in front of them.

"Thank you both, that'll be all for now. I'll join you all at 10.30 in the meeting room and I want another coffee" Nidhi and Mr. Mehra both came out of his cabin. Mr. Mehra closed the door and Nidhi looked at him with a questioning glance. 

"Mr. Mehra why do we even have this meeting? I have got a team of 6 members flown from Bangalore and I can't even give them a reason for why they are here. Rather I have served them a water like drink just because you asked me too. And Mr. Bajaj, is something wrong with him?" Nidhi bombarded Mr. Mehra with her questions right outside Rishabh's cabin.

Mr. Mehra asked her to come to his cabin as this wasn't the place for such discussion.

"Ms. Nayak, I don't think I have answers to all your questions because I am also as confused as you are. As far as that watery drink is concerned that's the new product THRIVE is launching today. I got a few samplers arranged from the event organisers, meant for free distributions during the event. Better tell Bangalore team to be ready. Mr. Bajaj might just throw any questions or ideas at them. And about him, he has a terrible headache, nothing to worry. So let us all focus on our work and wait to find answers because whatever he does has a purpose. it might not be so clear to us now, but may be we'll know during the meeting or sometime later. So let's do as he says for now." said Mr. Mehra and sat in his chair.

"Thank you Mr. Mehra, I had no idea. I must quickly inform R&D guys" Nidhi quickly rushed out of Mr. Mehra's cabin.

MEETING ROOM

11.00 AM

Everyone in the room focused on huge screen that played the live feed of the launch presentation, except Rishabh. He had turned his chair to face away from the screen as well as everyone else in the room. His eyes were closed and he heard each and every word said in the presentation. 

About an hour later the official presentation was over and announcement was made that soon launch team would address a press conference. Everyone in the room looked puzzled not able to understand the purpose of the meeting. They could have all seen this presentation at their home or in Bangalore office, there wasn't any need for them to fly to Mumbai. 

Rishabh turned his chair and said his very first word ever since they all met for this meeting. 

“So what do you have to say about this new addition to THRIVE’s portfolio. I need your honest reviews like any other customer who would buy this from any outlet?” He asked and lit his cigar, another odd Nidhi and Mr. Mehra noticed as he never smoked during a meeting.

“Sir, it tastes like a regular cola, but because there is no colour so a bit on the sweet side,said one of the members.

“I agree, those who find cola drinks a bit too strong for their taste might like it,” said another member.

“Sir, as you have asked for an honest review, I’d say this one has good potential in the market,said Ravi a young sales and marketing representative from BICP office.

Ravi’s words grabbed Rishabh’s attention and he asked him to elaborate why he thought so. 

“Sir, in addition to what other members have said, I’d like to add that there is nothing very unique with this line but their marketing strategy and the way they are planning to position this looks like a winner. Being a person from sales and marketing, if we launched a similar product, even would have done something like this” Ravi explained. 

“Do you think this is a threat to us?” Rishabh threw another question at Ravi.

“Sir, it’s too early to say it with confidence, but where I see it from it may not emerge as huge threat to us directly but it can increase the share that THRIVE owns at present. That means their presence will increase leading to a better market control” said Ravi.

“So you are saying this can close the distance between the two organisations, that is THEM and US” Rishabh inquired further. 

“Yes Sir, something like that if this clicks with the market. Else this could pass as a FAD too. Like I said it’s too early for us to predict” said Ravi. 

“How soon will R&D be able to create something like this”? Rishabh now looked at R&D team without blinking his eyes. 

“10-15 days at the maxresponded one of the members from the R&D team.

“Good then work on it. I need it in 10 days” Rishabh ordered  but that confused Ravi who sat on the opposite side of the table facing the R&D team.

Rishabh read his mind and asked him to share whatever questions he had in his mind.

“Sir, with all due respect we have always been the first ones to launch a new product and others have followed us. If we introduce this after THRIVE, then it might create an impression that we are just desperate or feel threatened by THRIVE. This can impact our position in the market” Ravi shared his concern and others also agreed with his as they all nodded while Ravi spoke.

“I appreciate your concern Ravi. Don’t worry nothing of that sort will happen. We are the leader and we will always be. Anyway just go ahead and work on this” Rishabh was interrupted as he saw THRIVE team, especially Menaka and Aditya settling for the press conference on the screen. 

“This meeting is over” Rishabh abruptly dismissed the meeting and unmute the video as soon as they all left the room. 

Outside the room everyone was just confused as they couldn’t understand what their boss was up to, so they just decided to follow his instructions.

Inside the room Rishabh lit another cigar and moved towards the window and he heard Aditya responding one of the questions from the press.

“I feel great to be associated with THRIVE on this prestigious project. I want to place this brand at the top of the list. It should become a household name. I also want to thank Menaka and Senior partner of THRIVE for...” soon Aditya’s voice faded and Rishabh recalled a similar press conference that he saw on a small television screen way back in 2005. 

Rishabh was in his early twenties, had completed his MBA and was working hard to build Bajaj Infragiant that at time operated under a modest name of Bajaj Inc. Rishabh was working on a project report when he heard Aditya addressing a press conference on a news channel. He turned on the volume and focused on the TV screen.

“WebFlix has been my dream project and I am so happy to say that my sister Ms. Menaka Adhiraj has always been a great support. WebFlix seeded from a small instance when some of us friends had to pay a huge amount as a late fee as we were late to return some of the video tapes we had rented from most famous Chartbusters, best in the media business. Being a software engineer I thought of creating an online platform where customers would pay for a subscription and watch as much content as they can without having to worry about any late fees. We approached Chartbusters with our idea and offered to run their brand online and in return requested them to promote WebFlix in their stores. And I still remember how Chartbusters CEO just laughed at our idea and asked us to leave. In 2000s my idea must have looked like a fantasy, but today after 5 years, we are in a very strong position. So strong that we are the only leader in this market with no substantial competition. chartBusters is dying a slow death too, so you all know how good we were” Aditya chuckled. 

Rishabh sat in his chair with a smile on his face when he heard a shrewd Aditya, as he felt inspired to put in more effort in his own venture named Bajaj Inc. Press meet was over and everyone applauded for WebFlix team, especially for Aditya as everyone seemed to be impressed with him in the press meet.

A slight burn to his finger because of his cigar brought him back to BICP meeting room that also echoed with applauds for Aditya and THRIVE team for their successful launch. The event was over and Rishabh checked his watch, and it was 2.15pm already. He turned the screen off and picked up his phone from the table to leave when Nidhi asked for his permission to enter. 

“Mr. Bajaj, I wanted to ask if we need to make R&D team to stay or should I arrange for them to leave?” asked Nidhi. 

“They can leave anytime and ask HR department  to give a comp off to all those who attended the meeting today. You are responsible to keep me informed on their progress. They have 10 days. And the young man from sales and marketing, Ravi, send him an email and let him know he will be following Fizz Crystal’s progress. He can choose his team and he directly reports to me, Mr. Mehra and you. Free him of any other projects in his hands. And I would like to leave in the next 30 minutes, inform Mehra. That’ll be all for now Ms. Nayak Rishabh finished and rushed out of the room.

15 DAYS LATER

RAJA SC MALLICK ROAD, CALCUTTA

6.10 PM

Prena was done for her day at work and was in a cab on her way back home. She was blankly staring outside the cab with her hands on her belly. She had visited her doctor again in the morning after some tests and she had strictly asked her to stop any strenuos activity as soon as possible. She had planned to inform everyone about her pregnancy but was not able to gather enough courage in the past couple of weeks to tell anyone. She was now more worried as she had now completed 4 months of pregnancy. 

Her cab had hardly moved in past 15 minutes because of a protest rally against CAA/NRC on the other side of the road. Police had closed one road and now the traffic had to move on single road creating a havoc for all travels. She saw students and citizens of all ages and genders peacefully moving with posters, banners, chanting slogans against the act recently passed by the government. Police had formed a human chain to make sure protest remained peaceful. 

She was scrolling through her call log to call Ms. Acharya to tell her about pregnancy when all of a sudden a tall figure moving in opposite direction of the rally caught her attention. She looked out of the car window but the person just kept walking away from her. He was walking aimlessly on the street and looked familiar to her. She immefiately paid the fare and got out of the cab. She was brisk walking on the road divider trying her best to reach that person. As she could not match up the speed she started to run after this man and screamed at the top of her voice ANURAAGGGG

She was close enough but soon this man who Prerna felt was Anurag entered the crowd still walking in the opposite direction. It was getting difficult for Prerna to maneuver through the crowd but she still managed to follow him calling his name and apologising people for bumping into them every now and then. 

She was very close but all of a sudden she saw a few masked man with in the rally who fired in the air, that created chaos around her. She heard a few more rounds of fire and found herself caught in the middle of people running aimlessly to find a safe place. Police was trying it’s best to control the madness but the masked men had already done the damage. She could no more see this man she was following for past few minutes and tried her best to get on the side of the road as she felt crushed and suffocated. 

Suddenly she saw a large group of people running in her direction, she tried to get aside but before she could she stumbled and that’s when many of them ran over her crushing her thin frame under their feet. She raised her hands in an effort to protect herself and her baby. A man was about to step over her but he saw her figure curled into a ball scratched and bleeding. He gave her a hand to make her stand and left. She had been bleeding at several places, she could barely walk but tried her best to reach the road divider to get on to the other side of the road to somehow find a ride home. She was feeling dizzy, but  she tried her best to stay in senses and lifted her foot to cross the divider when she felt something hit her hard on her head first and then on other body parts but she was too numb to realise. She fell on her stomach on the road divider and lifted her head to look around for help.

Her glance fell at a car that stopped in front of her on the other side of the road and she stretched her hand to ask for help. Her eyes met the eyes of the person who sat in the backseat of the car for a few seconds. Prerna with her hand still stretched, pleaded with eyes for help. But the person looked ahead and Prerna saw window glass sliding up while slowly losing her conscience. Nobody came for help. Before she completely lost her conscience she felt a few hands trying to lift her off the road and her eyes closed against her wish. 

SHARMA NIWAS, CALCUTTA

8.45 PM

Veena was pacing across the living area looking at the door every now and then waiting for Prerna.

"Shekhar, Mahesh, Shivi.. call laga kya Priyu ka? Humein shaam se bhuat ajeed se bechaini se lag rahi hai aur ab is ladki ka call nahi lag rha hai" said Veena struggling hard to keep any negative thoughts at a bay.

"Nahi Maa…  Priyu ka call nahi lag rha hai.." said Mahesh and asked Shekhar if he could reach her.

"Mera bhi nahi laga Mahesh.. Shivi uske office ke logo se baat kar rahi hai" they all surrounded Shivani who was on a call with Ayesha.

"Bhaiyya maine jisse bhi possible tha sabse pooch liya but sabne yahi kaha ki Priyudi waha se time se nikal gayi thi" Veena crashed on the couch as she heard Shivani and folded her hands in prayer " Bhagwan jaha bhi humari bachhi ho sahi salamat ho aur jaldi ghar wapas aa jaye bas" 

"Maa aap tension mat lo, Main aur Mahesh jate hain bahar check krne.. Suman, Shivi tum dono Maa ka khayal rakho aur agar koi phone aye Priyu ka to humien call krna.. hum Police station bhi jake ayenge" both Mahesh and Shekhar left in search of Prerna.

IRIS HOSPITAL, RAJA SC MALLICK ROAD, CALCUTTA

9.30 PM

Prerna tried to open her eyes but struggled because of the intense white light. She blinked several times to adjust her vision to the extra bright place she was in. She tried to move but a sharp pain ran through her body like a current. She almost cried in pain. She saw her hand wrapped in some kind of a cast and felt like someone caged her head. As she slowly regained her senses she realised she was on a hospital bed. She looked around and a nurse was busy dressing a few youngsters who sat on a bench in the same area which looked more like a hospital lobby than a room. 

A senior lady doctor approached her, held her wrist to check her pulse and ran her stethoscope over her chest and asked her to take deep breaths. Prerna quietly followed her instructions and looked at her, hoping she’s tell more about why she was lying here on hospital bed. 

Doctor hung the stethoscope around her neck and for Prerna’s reflief she finally she spoke. “Aapka naam kya hai?”

“Pr.. Prerna Sharma..” Prerna replied struggling with severe headache. 

“Aapko yaad hai aapke sath last cheez kya hui?” asked the doctor lifting her eyelids.

Prerna narrated everything and how she doesn’t remember anything after she fell on the road and lost her conscience.

“Good” Doctor held Prena’s hand in hers and continued “aapko kafi chot ayi hai, multiple fractures hai but sabse severe aapke left hand mein hai jisse recover hone mein aapko 1-2 months lag sakte hain. Kafi wounds hain but wo jaldi hi theek ho jayenge, koi major internal injury nahi hai but sadly you have lost your child. I am very sorry for your loss”

Prerna went numb and her body became stiff as she almost crushed doctor’s hand. 

“Prerna, take deep breaths please. I know ye apke liye shock kii tarah hai but aapko himmat se kaam lena hoga. Abhi tak aapki family se koi aya nahi hai aur nahi aapke sath koi belongings the. Main volunteers ko bhejti hu, wo aapko apki family ko bulane mein help karenge. I am sorry Prerna I have to leave as there are several casualties today and we are running low on staff and space isliye yaha lobby mein arrangements kiye. You take a rest, I will send the volunteer” Doctor squeezed Prerna’s hand gave her an assuring smile and left to attend another patient who screamed with pain.

Two girls came and stood next to Prerna’s bed and one of them spoke “We are students from the rally, we and our few friends only got you  and many others here from the accident site. Police ke sudden lathi charge ki wajah se aap road pr hi behosh ho gaye the. Hum jaise aur bhi students and volunteers hain yahan and we are trying her best to connect patients to their loved ones. Mam apki family mein se kisi ka number de dijiye we will call your home” Prerna somehow managed to speak and thanked them and gave them Veena’s number. 

“Aap logo ko mera bag ya kuch belongings mile they waha?” asked Prerna hoping to find her work documents and phone. 

“Mam humne site se kafi bags aur jo bhi saman mila wo collect kiye hai and one team is trying to match them to the patients with ID cards an all. Aapka full name bata dijiye please, we will be happy to check for you” said one of the girls. 

Prerna shared all the details and thanked them again. She also requested them to send her doctor once as she needed to speak to her. Once the two girls left, Prerna eyes once again welled up with tears and caressed her stomach feeling miserable at the loss of her unborn child. How within a few moments her life had changed.

Within a few minutes doctor came to meet Prerna. Prerna requested her to not disclose anything about her pregnancy or misarriage to her family as they’d be here soon. Doctor agreed and assured her that she won’t inform anyone about it.

Part 11- Page 68

Edited by Sunn_shine - 3 years ago
MishtiNew thumbnail

Res for comments...

Me doing the naryal phoding..😛

Sunn_shine thumbnail

Originally posted by: MishtiNew

Res for comments...

Me doing the naryal phoding..😛

😆 Phodo nariyal. aur update bakwaas lage to whi nariyal mere sarr pe uthake phod dena 🤣