Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

t_virgo thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Pls give another update. Just loving the story.

divz9769 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Part 5

Superb update

Ishita was in mall with her friends for shopping ramans one friend who was his family in mall his car was broken and it was raining so he called raman for help ishita was about to fall as stairs was sleepry but raman saved her both were lost in each other but realized their position raman taunted ishita she also gave him back that was cute their monoluge was nice ishita saved ruhi from accident she asked receptionist where is her father she told her his name is raman bhalla and he is her boss ishita again blasted on raman hehe raman just said sorry and good dose of scolding from ishita his pov was cute

divz9769 thumbnail

Part 6

Amazing update 

Ishitas grandmother was busy in searching boy for ishita monica was talking on phone with her friend who told her problem and she told her that guy is divorcee and father of two kids and from middle class family he still loves his ex wife if any girl will marrr him her life will be spoiled monica got happy she decided to get ishita married to that boy she thought that guy will not handsome and will never love ishita so ishitas life will be hell she is digusting she told about that boy to ishitas grandmother and tried to convience her when monica saw ramans pic she was shocked but thinking about other things she thought ishita will never will be happy but vishwa had brought two rich families priposal for ishita his mother told him what his wife is planning to do he was stunned he said that will never happen monica tried to show she is thinking about ishitas well being

divz9769 thumbnail

Part 7

Amazing update

Ishita agreed to meet those boys one guy and his family came to see ishita she wanted ro have worda with guy in private that guy told her how much he loves her how he fell in love with her at first sight ishita was stunned seeing he had no interest in her hobbies she told him she will give her reply in two days ishita opened his social site and found he had different dob their from matromonial site she didnt wanted to embaress his family so she called him to cafe she confront him he said he loves her she said she have given all her share of property in charity and her salary will also go treatments of needy peoples that guy was shocked he showed his true color ishita was happy as she got saved from him but was sad thinking about mentality of rich peoples her friend asked her to come kn her event to help her that was ramans company event ishita finds ruhi there their sogn lenguage was cute ishita was worried not finding ruhi on table she asked dmiple but that disgusting girl is so careless ishita found ruhi raman asked dimple about ruhi she lied him ishita took her raman got angry he found them ishita blasted on him he also shouted on her he was rude he got to drunk ishita came to help him but he taunted her he passed out ishita made him sleep in his car and called from his mobile to his father and told him matter mr.bhalla sent romi to pick raman romi came ishita hided her identity and told him she is staff of this hotel romi thanks her and took raman from their ishita was thinking about raman

Pls update soon

Haleyy thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Good to read many parts altogether 😍

Ruhi baby’s antics are cutely explained . 

Baby’s rulebook 🤣is hilarious 

Baby shark to do to do .. That’s my niece ‘s Fav rhyme🥰

Felt nostalgic reading on core yhm scenarios like ishru Milan , dimple taking selfies 😅, ru baby getting stuck in party

Ishita could sense deep  pain in Raman . And she is gonna heal it . In this story it’s different that ishita is not having any medical complications. Looking fwd to read more ! 

Edited by Haleyy - 4 years ago
Mi-Amor thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Update 8:

Part 8: Who are you?

Ishita Home

Ishita woke up late today morning. The incidents of last night flashed in front of her eyes. She took a long breath! She has probably seen the worst of Raavan Kumar yesterday night! He hates her for sure. But why? After lot of thinking when things didn't make any sense, she decided to move on with her day.

First thing she did was to call her entire family in her room and showed them the passport of the the guy from the first marriage proposal. Viswa and the rest of family were stunned upon learning the truth.

Viswa was socked! Kaveri Devi was sad! Monica was elated!

The same night Kaveri Devi received a phone call from her Guru Ji.

Guru Ji - Kaveri , it's time to end all your worries! You have finally found the soulmate for your granddaughter! I saw the Kundali you sent me! This is the guy. He has such positive energy in his stars. He is a pious soul! Almost like lord Shiva! He will be ready to die to protect his near and dear ones! And that includes his wife! It's Ishita's good fortune that we found him in the nick of time. Now you don't delay anymore! Immediately fix this marriage and make it happen. Destiny has smiled upon your granddaughter.

Kaveri Devi- But Guru Ji, he is a divorcee! He has 2 kids. And his background is very humble.

Guru Ji- So what! His wife left him to make room for Ishita! And his being already married once is the best as far as stars are concerned. Since he is already married so the Manglik force of Ishita will not hurt him! If he was not already married then we would have to first get Ishita married off to something else be it a tree or stone! Kaveri, this is a match made in heaven. He is the only one who can protect your granddaughter from any unexpected dangers. And she will bring him love and prosperity. These two are destined to be together.

Kaveri - One last thing Guru ji....he is a from a middle class family! Will he be able to give my Ishu the comfort and luxury she is used to! Also he has 2 kids and one of them lives with him! The little girl is just 2 years old! How will my Ishu become a mother to that little baby! She is still a kid herself.

Guru Ji - Money and luxury are the last things you should worry about. Like I said, it's all destiny.  If Ishita is destined to live a luxurious life then she will have it! No one can change that! And as far as kids are concerned your daughter has a heart of gold. She knows how to love. With that love, she will learn to be whatever the little girl wants her to be! Be it her mother, her father or her friend. Love makes everything possible. And don't worry about the guy's financial status! Once he falls in love with Ishita which he eventually will, he will love her more than anything. More than his life.  He will move mountains to make her happy. Kaveri, Ishita's husband will be one of the richest man on this earth because her horoscope speaks of unprecedented love and prosperity. She is like Paras Mani. Whatever she touches will turn to gold. Now don't harbor anymore doubts! Believe in God and begin the marriage preparations.

Kaveri Devi felt very relaxed after talking to her Guru Ji! She had ample faith in Murugan and Guru Ji! None of his predictions ever proved wrong.

She decided to speak to Viswa regarding this.

Next day another business family came with the marriage proposal. This time the guy was not an idiot like the previous one! He was smart and he asked Ishita all the rights questions! His name was Prateek. Ishita was pleased to meet him! After all the formalities, the family departed! They planned to let Ishita and Prateek spend some time together so that they get to know each other better. 

Viswa asked Ishita if she liked the guy! She hesitantly nodded her head in yay!

No doubt that guy was a charmer. He very well managed to impress Ishita.

The entire Iyer family was rejoiced! Kaveri Devi was little concerned but then she thought, if the horoscopes are matching here as well then this guy must be equally good.

Next day Prateek called Ishita. He wanted to meet her! They met at a cafe! He asked her if she would like to join him to a business party! Ishita agreed!

Party hall

It was the night of the business party. This party was organized to celebrate the merger between two companies. One owned by Raman's boss and other one owned by Mr. Malhotra.  Prateek was a silent partner in Mr. Malhotra's company and so he automatically became silent partner in this merger as well.  

Raman arrived at the party with Mihir. He was dressed in a white suit paired with blue shirt and white tie. He and Mihir as always stood in a corner talking about sports and this merger. They preferred to stay away from the flashy, noisy ambiance of the party. 

After sometime Ishita entered the party hall with Prateek. The first thing she spotted was Raman talking with Mihir. She felt a prickle of fresh excitement at the thought of seeing him around that evening! She was happy to see him sober and enjoying with his friend. To contain her excitement she immediately looked away.

Each guest in the party who once looked at Ishita couldn't take his/her eyes off her. Everyone started gossiping in soft voices about how gorgeous she looked and who she is. 

When Mihir noticed that party hall suddenly became quieter with people talking in whispers only, he looked around to see what was going on. That's when he spotted Ishita. He raised his eyebrows because he recognized her from the bar incident.

He tapped on Raman's shoulder. 

Mihir- Bhai, I guess aaj round 2 hone wala.

Raman- Round 2? Kis baat ka?

Mihir- Bhai yaad hai woh ladki jo ush din bar main mili thhi aur aapko itna suna ke gayi thhi! Aaj wo yahan bijliyan girane aayi hai! Wo dekho...

Raman looked in the direction Mihir pointed.

Less than 20 ft away from him was standing that Veritas Goddess who raised the temperature of the party hall with her presence.

Ishita was looking stunning would be an understatement. She was looking like a princess beyond stunning!

Her dress was exquisite! She was wearing a stunning curve-hugging blue backless lace dress! The open back look was making the entire outfit even hotter! That dress was perfectly enhancing her every curve.

Raman forgot to blink his eyes. His lips parted in astonishment. She was wearing his favorite color. Blue. She looked incredibly beautiful. Her skin shone and her eyes were bright with excitement! Little did he know that all that excitement in her eyes was because of him! She wore dangly earrings of tiny silver stars that glittered in the evening light like real stars. That blue dress clung perfectly to her curves, plunging at the neckline to hint at her ample bosom. He looked at her stilettos. Lord, they were awesome too! His eyes traveled down her figure, noting once again how full her breasts were as they pressed against each other to form a perfect cleavage. Everything about her in this dress made him ache with desire. 

He took a deep breath! He also noticed the guy dressed in an expensive suit standing close to her! His gestures indicated that he was someone special to her! 

"She'll never be your woman", Raman told himself! She is just like all other beautiful women who only cares for money and status. 

He turned his gaze way! He wasn't looking at her anymore but her face kept flashing in front of him every now and then.

On the other side Ishita secretly glanced at him as often as she could without letting him know! Raman was dressed in a white suit and it was tailored to his body. It flattered his wide shoulders, his broad chest, the long arms, the slender waist and his strong legs. Ishita scanned him from head to toe! Goodness Me! She had never seen a man look hotter in her life! 

The entire time, they kept catching each other's glances and pretending to ignore each other deliberately.

The party hall had 2 levels. Ishita went to the upper level to meet one of her friends she spotted there. Prateek was on the lower level chatting with some business heads.

Ishita's friend accidentally spilled drink on her dress. She rushed to the ladies room to get herself cleaned up! Within 2 min after she left, everyone heard a huge blast! The gas cylinder in the kitchen exploded and the resulting fire burned faster due to all that liquor in the pantry and the party hall area. The fire alarm went off and everyone started to run panic-kingly towards the exit. Ishita also heard the fire alarm and she immediately ran towards the washroom door! But she couldn't open it! She tried hard to unlock the door but it was stuck! Her delicate hands turned red with all the struggle and effort!  She tried hard to open the door again but in vain! She suddenly remembered that she was carrying a cell phone. She dialed Prateek's number.

Ishita- Prateek, you there?

Prateek- Ishita? Where are you? I have been looking for you everywhere.

Ishita - Prateek I am stuck in the ladies room at upper level. The door lock is jammed. Please come. I need help! I heard the fire alarm! Please help me get out of this place. I am stuck.

Prateek- Ishita! I already came out of the party hall. I looked for you but didn't see you around so I thought you might have left! There is so much chaos here. Now the entire hall is engulfed in fire! I don't think I will be able to make my way through this raging fire! The fire brigade will be here soon. They might be able to help you. 

Ishita was stunned to hear this. This was the man she was planning to spend her life with. A guy who is not even thinking once how she will survive this raging fire locked inside the washroom.  Her whole body shuddered and began to tremble with anger. She hung up the call immediately and threw the phone away. There was no time to waste. She was on her own.  She told herself to clam down!  She can figure this out. Took a deep breath and tried unlock the door one more time. This time she put all her might into her effort! After trying 3-4 times the door swung open. She immediately ran outside but the view around her was scary! There was raging fire everywhere! The stair carpets and artificial decorations on railing had caught fire! The stairs was the only way down. She started thinking quickly looking for alternatives. The only viable alternative was to jump from the upper floor. She very well  knew that jumping from the upper floor had its consequence as it was good 30 feet high. But had no other choice. She looked around but couldn't find anyone. She decided to call for help one last time! 

With her panic-stricken voice she screamed in desperation - Help! Help!

But there was so much noise there because of everyone shouting, screaming and crying that she felt her voice got buried in that chaos! Tears raced down her cheeks! For few seconds her eyes were blind with tears. She wiped her tears and took off her stilettos.  She had made up her mind to jump from the upper floor.

As she rose up after taking off her stilettos, she saw through her blurry eyes a familiar figure standing in front of her! She rubbed her eyes to clear her vision and now there was no doubt that she was looking at Raman. 

At first she couldn't believe her eyes. She couldn't even explain to herself how thrilled she was to see him at that time! She was ecstatic!  But still she tried her best to control her euphoria!

Ishita- Tum??  Mera matlab hai aap?  Aap yahan kaise?

Raman- Olympics ke liye high jumping ki practice karne aaya hoon! Tum bhi toh yahi karne wali thhi na? Lets see who wins! Or should I say lets see who survives?

Ishita- Main koi na marne wali thhi! I already did my math. 

Raman- Achha! So what does your math says about consequences of jumping barefoot from 30 feet height! Kabhi school nahi gayi kya! Tumne ye socha ki yahan se kood kar neeche toh pohaunch jati but uske baad apne pairon par kabhi chal nahi pati!

Ishita gave him an annoyed but affirmative look as if saying "Yeah! You are right, Mr. Genius! I am a moron!" 

Ishita- But aapne bataya nahi aap yahan achanak kaise? 

Raman- Main darwaze pe khara thha jab tumahri aawaaz suni! Ab agar tumhe ish aag main marne ke liye chor diya toh tumhe apne haathon se marne ka mera sapna adhura reh jayega! Tumhe kya lagta hai main tumhe itni aassani se jaane doonga!

Ishita- Aap mujhe marna chate hain? 

Raman- Haan! Tum jo karname mere saath karti ho unke liye ab tak toh mujhe tumhara 2 bar murder kar dena chaiye ! Ab agar tumhari bakwaas khatam ho gayi ho toh ye curtain lapet lo aur apni aankhen band kar lo! Ye jo backless mosquito-net tumne pehen rakha hai na wo hawa khane ke liye theek but aag ki jalan se nahi bachayega! Now hurry up! We are taking the stairs!

Ishita's internal monologue- Mosquito-net! What the heck! He called this exclusive only piece designer lace dress from Roberto Cavalli a mosquito-net! Here I was thinking he might get impressed and give me a compliment but impress hona toh door ki baat he didn't even look at me properly. Hopeless man! Raavan Kumar! Why do I even expect any sort of amiability from him! Pranth me! 

Ishita then looked at the thick curtain he was holding in his hands! Without uttering a word, she did exactly what Raman asked her to do! She wrapped that thick curtain around herself!

Raman - Good. Ab udhar upar dekho!

He pointed to a high ceiling corner in the opposite direction. 

Ishita- What? Why?

Raman- See...there is a nightingale there!

The moment Ishita looked in the pointed direction, he swept her off her feet in his arms!

Ishita- What is this! Mujhe neeche utaro!

Raman-Apna mooh band rakho! Tum aaj ke liye kaafi bakwaas kar chuki ho! Ab agar neeche pohauchne se pehle ek aawaz nikali toh main tumhe khud neeche fenk doonga!

Ishita kept staring at him as he walked down the fiery stairs holding her tightly in his strong arms. It wasn't too difficult for her to understand that he carried her in his arms because he didn't want her to feel the heat of the fire.

The stair was padded with carpet and the woolen carpet was on fire. She could clearly see the pain in his wet eyes as he walked down the stairs! The fire heat must be traversing through his shoes. She thought. The flames from the railing were almost touching him while she was safely wrapped under the thick curtain!

She slowly closed her eyes for a second as she felt the tears well up in her eyes! "Who is this man and why it hurts to see him in pain?" She told herself quietly! 

By the time they reached the last step, Raman's shirt caught fire! The fire fighters had arrived by that time. 

He first gently put her down on her feet! Then immediately ripped apart his shirt! One of the fire-fighters gave him a blanket. She saw the burn marks on his body! Tears rolled down her cheeks! She felt someone's hand on her shoulders and looked back. It was her Bala Jiju who had just arrived after getting the news of fire. She turned around to Thank Raman but he was gone by that time!

***********************************************************************************************

Ishita's Home

When Ishita and Bala reached home it was almost midnight! 

Her grandmother and little sister were panicked to see her like that. Her disheveled state was causing them to worry.

Ishita told them a non-scary version of her story and calmed them down assuring that's she is alright! There are only some minor bruises! Kaveri Devi prayed and thanked lord Shiva for keeping Ishita safe.  

Ishita listening to her paatti's prayers and looking at her minor bruises started thinking that if it was not for him, she would either have died or become handicapped! 

Viswa arrived after few minutes and hugged her tightly. He learned about the fire incident from Bala. He started crying holding her daughter in his arms. Ishita assured him that she is absolutely fine. 

She took a long shower and went straight to bed! She tried to close her eyes but the events of tonight kept flashing in front of her eyes! Raman's face was most prominent in every flash!

She began to think of all the chance  encounters they had so far! They started off on the wrong foot in that bar and since then never ever had a proper conversation! He never leaves a chance of annoying her and she is equally rude to him! She has seen him as being utterly insensitive towards her and she has seen him being unconditionally caring towards her too! So which one of the two was his true self? He was like a puzzle to her! 

She eventually fell asleep thinking about him!

*********************************************************************************************

One of the most amazing feelings in the world is having someone fall in love with you who you thought you never had a chance with.

---Unknown

Edited by Mi-Amor - 4 years ago
Mi-Amor thumbnail

Update 9: 

Part 9: Marriage Proposal

Next day when she woke up, her Paati was sitting next to her!

Kaveri Devi- Ishu, how are you feeling now?

Ishita- I am perfectly fine Paatti! Why didn't you wake me up when you came here?

Kaveri Devi- No Ishu! You went through a lot yesterday! I am glad you slept well. You freshen up and have breakfast! We have to plan for your marriage! Prateeks's family is coming this evening for discussing the engagement ceremony.

Ishita- Paatti, I am sorry but I am not going to marry Prateek!

Kaveri Devi- What are you saying Kanna! Why? You were so ready until yesterday! What happened in one night?

Ishita- A lot happend in one night Paatti! I cannot marry a guy who do not have the guts to even make an effort to protect his would be wife!

Then Ishita narrated the entire story of yesterday night party, fire and rescue!(of course she skipped her banter with Raman and addressed him as some random guest!)

Kaveri Devi- May god bless that kind soul! May lord Shiva fulfill all his wishes and bless him with the best things in life!

Ishita(with a smile)- Amen!

Kaveri Devi- If not Pateek then who? Do you have anyone in mind?

Ishita- No! I don't have anyone in my mind! I would prefer to stay unmarried than marrying some spineless selfish guy like Prateek!

Kaveri Devi- I have one guy for you in my mind. Actually its Monica who brought this proposal. But Guru Ji liked him very much! The guy's status is not up to our standards and he is no where a match to you due to his personal, financial and family back ground!

Right then Viswa and Monica entered the room.

Viswa -Ishu, you feeling good? Did you have your breakfast?

Ishita- No Appa! I will have in sometime. Not feeling hungry at all.

Kaveri Devi- Viswa, Ishu has refused to marry Prateek.

And she repeated the story Ishu told her.

Viswa - Useless fellow! I am glad you decided to break up with him! Don't worry Ishu, there are so many eligible bachelors in this county! I will re-review the long list of proposals I have received for you. There will be many better than him!

Monica- Viswa, we do not have much time left! Soon Ishu will turn 26. We have to get her married off asap. I was thinking of proceeding with that guy I talked about earlier! Now Guru Ji also recommends him.

Viswa- Monica, kaisi baatein kar rahi ho! I told you that guy is not suitable for our Ishu! Uski jitni annual salary hai utne ka toh meri beti ek hand bag kharidti hai!  How he will be able to give all the comfort and happiness my Ishu deserves! She is the daughter of a billionaire!(Yes. Viswa's asset in Euro converted to INR makes him a Billionaire in India!) I will find a groom matching our status only.

Monica- But Viswa, we don't have that much time. 

Kaveri Devi- Viswa, I agree with Monica. we do not have much time. And Guru ji has exclusively called to advice me regarding this alliance. As per him, he the best for Ishu.

Ishita- What alliance Appa?

Viswa- Your mother Monica found a match for you. The guy is punjabi, divorced, has 2 kids, drinks, smokes and he has an ordinary job and a mediocre income. He lives with his parents and siblings in a small flat. Now your grandmother likes him because our Guru Ji told her that the guy's horoscope is perfectly matching with yours. But I don't believe in all these.  You are not getting married to any ordinary man.  You are Viswanathan Iyer's daughter. You will marry in a family with status either equal to us or better than us.

Ishita knew in her heart why her step -mother wanted her to marry that divorcee! She always wished her ill!

Ishita- Appa, I am ok with whatever you decide for me! But don't worry much! I do not believe in horoscopes. And I will certainly not rush my marriage just for the sake of planets! 

2 more week passed. Kaveri Devi started feeling scared at the thought of Ishu not being married by her 26th birthday. Viswsa was trying hard to find a suitable match but somehow the horoscopes did not match well and without matching horoscopes , Kaveri Devi was not ready to even look at the prospective groom's profiles.  

Just 1 week before Ishita's 26th birthday, Kaveri Devi called all the members of the household for a family meeting! By that time Vandita and Bala had also moved to Delhi with the rest of their family. So they were also part of that family meeting. Kaveri Devi already made them aware of Raman's profile. The only person who hasn't seen it yet was Ishita.

Kaveri devi - Viswa, I cannot wait any longer. Now I have decided, Ishu will get married within a week with that guy whom Guru Ji recommended.

Viswa- But Maa, hamari Ishu khush rah payegi wahan?

Monica- Viswa, khushi to ladki ke bhagya main hoti hai na! Aur tum hi toh kehte ho ki tumhari beti Ishu bohot bhagyashaali hai! Toh phr chinta ki kya baat hai! Wo jahan bhi jayegi khush rahegi.

Bala- Appa I am with you in this matter! Hamein Ishu ki shaadi kisi aise khandan main karni chaiye jo hamari barabari ka ho!

Vandita - I agree with Bala. This guy is not fit for her. 

Kaveri Devi- I think its high time, we show his profile to Ishu. 

Kaveri asked Monica to show Raman's profle to Ishu.

Monica opened Raman's profile and placed the laptop in front of Ishita.

Ishita looked at the laptop screen. She looked once. Paused! Looked away. Then looked back again. This time in utter disbelief!

She couldn't believe her eyes! It was the profile of Raman! Raman Kumar Bhalla! The Raman Kumar Bhalla !

She rubbed her eyes with her hands and looked again! Yes, its was true. She was not hallucinating. It was Raman's profile indeed.

Ishita - Paatti, this guy has sent the marriage proposal for me? Are you sure?

Kaveri Devi- No dear. He hasn't sent any proposals yet. He doesn't even know us. We haven't contacted the groom and his family yet. Yeh rishta hamein pehle pasand nahi thha! Monica ne hi yeh profile dikhayi thhi...Initially me and your Appa couldn't agree on him! But now things are different. Ab ishe ittefaq kaho ya destiny...his kundali matches with yours perfectly! According to Guru ji he is your soulmate! But we couldn't come to peace with the fact that he is a middle -class divorced man with 2 kids.

Bala- Yes! He and his wife separated 2 years ago! His 2 year old toddler daughter lives with him. His son lives with his ex-wife.

Vandita - Ishu, you don't have to spend time on this profile! I will find you a better guy!

Monica- But Vandu, we don't have time! There is less than a week left before Ishu's 26th birthday and remember Guru ji's prophecy. We can't ignore that!

Vandita - Maa, Ishu doesn't believe in these superstitions. Neither do I or Appa.

Kaveri Devi - But I do! And I cannot take any chances with Ishu. Ishu you have to say yes to this guy . After that I will contact his family! I am sure they will accept our Ishu without any delay. Meri Ishu hai hi itni pyaari.

Vandita- Pyaari ,smart , well educated cardiologist and daughter of Indian billionaire Viswanathan Iyer! Koi bhi achha, smart, rich , khandani ladka Ishu ko pasand kar lega. Ishu is too good for this guy! I am sure when he will see her, he will fall for her immediately.

Ishita smiled at Vandita's remarks. "Fall in love immediately! Ha! Good joke Vandu Akka!" She told herself. She recalled her first meeting with Raman and remembered how he called her pagal, bewkoof aurat! 

Viswa - Maa, aap plz samajhiye! Hamari Ishu ush family main kaise adjust karegi? 

Kaveri Devi- Bas! Ab meri baat suno! Agar Ishu ne agle 1 hafte main ish ladke se shaadi nahi ki toh tum sab mera mara muh dekhoge!

Aur jahan tak ush ladke ki haisiyat ka sawal hai toh woh tum sambhal sakte ho! You can ask the guy to join your business. Tumhari property main Ishu ka bhi share hai na! We will give all that Ishu and more. We will settle her life just like ours. 

Viswa- Ye baat aapne bohot achhi kahi Maa! His social status shouldn't be a problem at all. I can make his career. He can join my business! Or I can establish a new line of business for him if he likes. Thanks 

Maa...aapne meri ek bohot badi chinta door kar di!

Bala - Paatti , Appa ish se pehle aap sab koi final decision lein, main Ishu se akele main baat karna chata hoon!

Bala and Ishu in a separate room.

Ishita- Jiju, aisi kya baat hai jo aap sabke saamne mujhe nahi bata sakte!

Bala- Ishu, Paatti told me about this guy sometime back.  I was concerned about you so I looked into his background. There are things which you need to know before you even begin to consider him! 

Ishu, this guy has a very complicated life! . He has been in a ugly custody battle over his son 2 years ago and he lost it. Now he is going through another custody battle over his daughter. Rumor has it that he is looking to marry again only to win the custody of his daughter. He is not looking for a wife! He is only looking for a mother for his daughter! Also, his colleagues describe him as short-tempered, rude and impolite! Mujhe darr hai ki agar tumne ish se shaadi ki toh tum bas ishke bachhon ki Maa ban kar reh jaogi! Iski biwi nahi ban paogi! Aur upar se iska ye rude, arrogant behavior! 

Ishita's internal monologue-"Yeah! tell me about his rudeness and arrogance! Who knows that better than me!"

Ishita- Waah jiju! Our very own Sherlock Holmes! Itni sari secret information! Amazing..haan!

Bala- Ishu, this is no time for joke!  Tum meri choti behen jaisi ho! Tumhari khusi ke liye main khuch bhi kar sakta hoon. But ab tum majak band karo aur ye batao ki tumne meri baatien suni, kuch samjhi? I want to make sure that you are fully aware of what you are getting yourself into.

Ishu- Jiju! Believe it or not but I very well know what I am getting myself into. Let me tell you a secret. I HAVE MET THIS GUY!

Bala- What? When? How? Where? Why?

Ishita- Call it coincidence or sheer luck but I have met him many times! Remember I told you about that "Bhala Aadmi" who saved me from that party fire. It was him! I have met his daughter too. She is a adorable little munchkin. I think Paatti is not 100 percent pointless when she says me and him are connected by destiny. May be we are. That's why I keep bumping into him often.

Bala- And what about his kids? Will you be able to become a Mother for them?

Ishita- Jiju, that little girl does need a mother for sure! His father, god knows what his problem is but he certainly is not capable of looking after her! May be he has too many things going on in his life! Now as you said he is looking for a mother for his kids so that kid is bound to have a step-mother. Who knows better than me the plight of being raised under the shadow of a wicked step-mother. Whoever he marries may prove to be a good mother or may be not! She might turn out be another Monica Iyer.  If I marry this guy I can at-least guarantee that that little girl's new mother is someone who loves her. Some one who knows exactly how not to be a bad step-mother! I want to be her that mother which I never had after Amma died. 

I want to shower all my love and care on that little girl. All that love which I never got from my new Mom. Moreover, I love my Paatti. I can never say not to her. She has been by my side since Amma died. Appa had been busy with his business. It was Paatti who took care of me. She lives for me only. Can't I marry just for her sake!  You know how happy she will be if I agree to this marriage. 

Bala- Ishu, no one can prove to be a better mother than you! I know how much you love kids. And right now I am feeling so proud of you. My little Ishu is all grown up now! Talking about taking responsibility and all. But there is still one thing. His behavior. As per rumors he is still in love with his ex-wife. And he is ill-tempered too! What if he never gives you any love and respect you deserve?

Ishita- Jiju, love ka kya hai? Hona hoga toh ho jayega. Many time people marry for love and later want to kill each other. Love marriages have the highest rate of divorces. So that proves that its no guarantee that once in love is forever in love. As far as love is concerned I believe in destiny. If love is in my stars than may be one day that Raavan Kumar will learn to love me! Aur phr his daughter loves me. I love his daughter. If not him then I will rejoice in my daughter's love. That will be enough for me.

Bala- Raavan Kumar! Aha! You gave him a pet name! How obnoxiously unromantic that is! 

Ishita- He deserves that name due to his actions. Now lets go. Everyone must be waiting for us.

Ishita and Bala came back to her room. 

Viswa- Ishu, I am now happy to proceed with this alliance. I calculated and planned everything. He is joining my business and thats final. Everything will be fine after that. If you are Ok then I would like to speak to the guy and his family.

Ishita- Appa, Paatti you two know better. I have never done anything against your wishes and I am not going to start now.

Monica was almost jumping with joy! She couldn't wait to get done with this marriage. She already hatched an evil-plan in her mind to make sure that Ishita doesn't' get a penny from her father's property.

**********************************************************************************************

Ruhi's school

Around this same time Raman has come to Ruhi's School to pick her up as Mr. Bhalla had been busy.

In the parking lot he ran into Shagun and Ashok.  Ashok was the new trustee of this school. They had come to attend a welcome program. 

Shagun- Hi Raman... Long time no see!

Raman tried to ignore her and continued to settle Ruhi in the car seat.

Shagun noticed he trying to avoid her. She came closer to him and stood beside him. She knew exactly what to say to get his attention.

Shagun- Suna hai shaadi kar rahe ho! Tumhari maa har jagah tumhare liye ladki dekh rahi hai. Trying to find someone like me?

Raman gave her a disgusting look but didn't say anything.

Shagun- Raman Raman Raman! Gussa mat karo darling. I know tumhe bohot gussa aa raha hoga. Ab meri jaisi hot property ko kho dene ka baad kisi ko bhi gussa aa sakta hai! Wo kya hai na, life main ek baar tumhari lottery lagi thhi jo mere jaisi high class ,beautiful aur smart wife tumhe mil gayi. But afsos tum mere kayak hi nahi thhe.
In-fact tum kisi bhi khoobsurat ladki ke layak nahi ho. Because every beautiful women deserve a rich husband. Not a loser like you.

Ashok- Right you are my sweetheart! A pretty women like you surely deserve someone like me! 

And he hugged Shagun and planted a kiss on her lips just to make Raman jealous.

Ashok- Phr kaise rishte aa rahen hain tumhare liye? 

Shagun- Ashok, ishe ya toi kisi middle aged widowed ya divorced aunty ka rishta aayega ya phr kisi poor, behenji-type ugly ladki ka jiski shayad kahin aur shaadi nahi ho rahi hogi!

She turned to Raman and looked straight into his eyes.

Shagun- Tum jaise poor divorced 2 bachhon ke baap ko koi achhe khandan ki ladki toh milne se rahi. Tum toh koi aunty ya koi ganwar low- class ladki deserve karte ho! You'll never find someone like me again! 

Raman- That's the point! I don't want some one like you who doesn't have any values. Who is a gold-digger. Who doesn't have any identify. Who is just a trophy!

Shagun(fuming with anger)- Aur tumhe kya lagta hai tumhe koi highly educated ladki milegi, jiski identity hogi! Forget it! Aisa kabhi nahi hoga. Not even in your dreams. Apni aukat dekhi hai!  And listen, I know ki tum ye shaadi sirf ishliye kar rahe ho kyunki tum court main prove karna chahte ho ki you have got a mother for Ruhi. After all, tum aur tumhari family ki toh koi standing reh nahi gayi hai court main! Toh ye tumhara last option hai against me. Getting a Mom for Ruhi. But ye mat bhoolna ki tumhari nayi wife ko court main mera saamna karna hoga. She has to prove herself better than me! Aur tumhare background ko dekhte hue aisa nahi lagta ki koi aisi ladki tumse shaadi karne ko teyyar ho jayegi jo mujhse se jayda smart aur intelligent ho.

Tumhari behenji type wife ko toh main 2 min main chup kara doongi. Koshis karna ki at the very least aisi ladki se shaadi karo jo kam se kam english bol leti ho! 

Ashok- An advice from me too! Koshish karna ki jis kisi bhi se tum shaadi karo wo thodi ugly aur boring type hi ho! Jayda fashionable ya modern na ho! Warna wo bhi tumhe chorkar ek better life ke liye chali jayegi! Good luck for your new behen-ji type wife!

Shagun and Ashok laughed out loud at their own stupid jokes. 

Raman wanted to get home early as it was time to feed Ruhi. She had been in the school all day. He also didn't want to create a scene in front of his daughter. So he gave them a stern look, got into his car and drove away without saying anything. 

*********************************************************************************************

Exactly at that time, a billionaire Venture Capitalist was dialing the number of Om Praksh Bhalla(Raman's Father) to request him for a meeting regarding a marriage proposal.

Mi-Amor thumbnail

Update 10:                      

Part 10: Wedding Planning

Viswa- Hello, May I speak to Mr. Om Prakash Bhalla?

Om Prakash - Speaking...

Viswa- Hello Mr. Bhalla. I am Viswanathan Iyer. Managing Director of Iyer Capitals. Me and my family would like to meet you and your family in regards to my daughter's marriage proposal for your elder son Raman Kumar Bhalla. My PA has already emailed you all the details about my daughter and my family. So please take a look and if you find everything satisfactory then please give us a date and time for meeting in person.

Om Prakash - I am delighted to hear this Mr. Iyer. I will soon call you back after having a word with my family.

Later they decided to meet at Raman's house.

Bhalla Residence

Viswa, Kaveri, Monica, Vandita, Bala and Mihika everyone reached Bhalla residence on time. Ishita didn't come as she had an important medical duty. As always Raman was not part of this meeting either. He never attended any marriage proposal related meeting! He was least concerned about who he is getting married to. All he wanted from this marriage was securing the custody of her daughter. So he left everything to his parents and his lawyer friend.

Viswa- Bhai Sahab, hum apni beti Ishita ka rishta aapke bade bete Raman ke liye lekar aaye hain. Agar aap ko pasand ho toh hamein aapki family ke saath rishta jodne main bohot khushi hogi.

Toshi ji- Thank you thank you ji. Aapka bohot bohot swagat hai ji. Kudi nahi aayi...

Visva- Ji nahi! Woh uska aaj ek important medical assignment thha...so she couldn't come. But wo kal aap se mil legi.

Om Prakash - Bhai Sahab, aapki bachhi toh bohot pyaari hai. Hamne toh ushe bio-data main dekhte hi pasand kar liya thha. Aapke bare main Toshi ji ki behen ne hamein kafi kuch bataya. Aapki beti ki photo bhi bheji thhi. Hamare to ache bhagya ki itni sundar, sushil aur padhi-likhi ladki hamein bahu ke roop main mil rahi hai. Waise toh hamne apne bete ki profile main sab likh hi diya thha. Phir bhi aap kuch poochna chahte hain to pooch sakte hain.

Visva- Bhalla ji, Hamne bhi Raman ke bare main sab jaankari le li hai. Jodiyan toh bhagwan ke ghar se ban ke aati hain. Hamare Kul Guru ke hisaab se ye vivah sabke liye kalyankari hoga. Waise shayad aapne dhyan diya hai ya nahi but ek baat aapko bata dein ki hamari Ishu manglik hai. But aapke bete se uske saare gun milte hain. So ye Vivah subh hai dono ke liye. Phr bhi aapko koi aitraaz ho to bataiye.

Om Prakash- Nahi bhai Sahab! Hamein koi aitrazz nahi! Hum toh waise bhi in baaton main yakeen nahi karte. Agar jodiyan mil gayi hain toh hum bhi khush hain. Hamein aapki beti bohot pasand hai.

Visva - Phr yeh rishta pakka samjhoon!

Om Prakash- 100% pakka. Aap bas shaadi ki planning kar lijiye. Aap madrasi, hum Punjabi! But hamein koi aitraaz nahi shaadi jaise bhi ho!

Viswa- Madrasi Punjabi main kya rakha hai! Aap ladke wale hain. Hamare liye pujniye hain. Hum shaadi Punjabi style main karenge. Bas ye shaadi 2-3 din main ho jaye bas meri itni hi request hai!

Om Prakash- 2-3 din main! Yeh toh bohot kam time hai. But thik hai. Aagar aapke liye jaroori hai toh hum bhi adjust kar lenge. Waise bhi aaj se teesre din Maha Shivratri hai. Bohot accha din hai! Ush din hi shaadi ki date rakhte hain... Aisa karte hain phr, aap haldi mehnedi ke sare functions apne ghar main kar len. Hum log seedhe shaadi ke mandap pe milenge. Bas aapse ek gujarish hai. Aap bade log hain. Aapke functions news main aate hain. Main chahta hoon ki aap ish shaadi ki news kisi se share na karen. Jab tak shaadi nahi ho jati, lets keep it within family only. I have some personal reasons behind this request. This is for the well being of both bride and groom.

Viswa- Bilkul Bhalla ji. Aapke jo bhi reasons hain, I am sure important honge. Aap jaisa chahte hain waisa hi hoha. We will keep the news within our family. Bas ye shaadi achhe se ho jaye aur hamein kuch nahi chahiye.

Both families shake hands, exchanged pleasantries and fixed the date of marriage 3 days from now.

Unaware of all these, Raman was sitting in his office staring at the court notice sent by Shagun's lawyer.

She had managed to pre-pone the custody hearing date for Ruhi! The next hearing was in a week from now. He was very stressed! His family had not yet found any suitable girl for marriage. He was sure to lose Ruhi's custody if he couldn't get married in next few days. He decided to say yes to any girl his mother picks for him to expedite the marriage.

On Ishita's side, Bala called her and shared the news with her. Her marriage was fixed. He asked her to come home soon as they have to begin the marriage festivities tonight.

In 3 days from now she will be married off to that Raavan kumar. She will be spending rest of her life with a man whom she hardly knew and who never speaks nicely to her. Yes he saved her twice but that could be purely out of the goodness of his heart. May be he will do that for anyone in my place. Hmm. So what..at least this proves that he is a good man. I guess thats the best he can let me think of him. And that's the best I would ever get from him. Because ish aadmi see pyaar ki ummeed karna toh bekaar hai..mujhse 2 min dhang se baat nahi kar sakta..pyaar kya khak karega...! Aur phr uski ex-wife bhi toh hai...and apparently he is still in love with her...

"Ishita...what are you getting yourself into...! Marrying a man who is not at all interested in you..who still loves his ex...! Fantastic! Life couldn't get weirder. Kahan toh main Romeo-Juliet, Laila-Majnu, Mills and Boon type cosmic romance ke sapne dekhti thhi..aur kahan kismat main likha thha ye Raavan Kumar. Mil na jaye kahin abhi...khoon kar doongi uska! Murugan, saari duniya main dhoondh ke aapko yahi mila thha mere liye..."

She was driving home lost in all those thoughts. Suddenly she bumped into the car ahead of her. That car has applied sudden breaks to save a puppy crossing the road. Ishita lost in her thoughts was not very attentive and hence forgot to apply breaks on time. The loud sound from bumping into another car woke her up from her daydream. As she was preparing to apologize to the driver of the other car, she saw a familiar face walking towards her! It was Raman.

A tap on her car window. She rolled down the window glass.

Raman- Why I am not surprised! Who else can be more irresponsible and careless than you in the entire city of Delhi. Come out. Now! Look what you have done!

Ishita stepped out of her car. She looked at the broken bumper of his Toyota.

Ishita- Ok. Its no big deal. Aapko toh kuch nahi hua na. Its just the bumper. It can be easily fixed. I will pay for the damage.

Raman- I see. I forgot that you are the walking-talking Royal Bank of India! Khud ko Ambani ki beti samajhti ho...! Stupid girl. You think you can buy your mistakes with money. Instead of apologizing for your mistake you are showing off. I don't give a shit about your money! Girls like you think that money is everything. They can buy anything and anyone with money!

Ishita- Dekhiye, I don't have time for your gyan. I am getting late for my marriage functions. You want me to say sorry..I am sorry. Can I go now?

Raman was taken aback by this discovery. Marriage Function? Oh! So she is getting married to that dunderhead. Suddenly a feeling of uneasiness crept inside him. He couldn't breath for few seconds as he felt heavy in his heart. A sudden car honk brought him back to his senses. Uneasy with the direction of his thoughts he snapped.

Raman- Oh! Toh tumhari torture list mai main akela nahi hoon! Koi aur bhi hai jiski jindagi ki tum watt lagane wali ho. Great! Please go. After destroying my car now you headed to destroy someone's life. God help the guy you are going to marry.

Ishita's internal monologue- What is he saying? Is he crazy? I know this taunting and insulting is integral part of his speech but why he is saying there is someone else apart from him whom I am going to torture. Oh God! Please don't tell me he doesn't know it yet that he is the one I am marrying! Really? He doesn't know? But how is that possible. The marriage was fixed in the morning itself. Now it's almost evening. Let me double check to confirm my doubts!

Ishita- Aap jo ye bakwass kar rahe ho, aapko pata bhi hai meri kis se shaadi ho rahi hai?

Raman- Kyun Sharukh Khan se shaadi kar rahi ho jo Itna akad ke bata rahi ho! Tumhari shaadi hai tum jano. Mujhe kya matlab tum kis par jakar sar marne wali ho. Bas abhi baksh do. I need to be somewhere. Tumne late kara diya.

Ishita's internal monologue- Goodness me! Ishe toh sach main nahi pata ki main ish par hi toh sar marne ja rahi hoon. Achha hai...Chalo let's have little fun!

Ishita- Mera hone wala pati Shahrukh Khan toh nahi but ush se kam bhi nahi hai! SRK agar Shaadi shuda na hota toh ushi se shaadi kar leti but afsos! Khair ab mujhe ush ladke se hi kaam chalana padega. Now if you like you can start praying for that guy but truth is men line up to marry me!

Raman - Yeah, men certainly line up to marry you! Aakhir bakre halal hone ke liye line main lagte hi hain! Tum bhi kisi aise hi bakre se shaadi kar rahi hogi! Jao kar lo aur kar do uski jindagi barbad. Agar shaadi ke baad jinda bach gaya toh mujhse jaroor milwana. Main tum dono ko treat doonga. Tumhe uski jaan bakshne ke liye aur ushe tumhe jhel sakne ke liye!

Ishita- Pakka? Promise? Baad main mukar to nahi jaoge na? 3 din baad hi meri shaadi hai.

Raman- Haan haan pakka. Punjabi mard hoon. Apni jaban se peeche nahi hat ta. Ab tum mere samne se hato. Mujhe kahin time pe pahunchna hai. 

They exchanged phone numbers and Ishita gave him a big smile! Both went their separate ways.

Raman still settling from the news of her marriage drove speedily and reached home.

At home Toshi Ji hugged him and broke the news that they have found a girl for him and fixed his marriage. The marriage is going to happen in 3 days from now. He smirked at the irony of the situation. Someone else also was getting married on the same day. He was not sure why it mattered to him! 

Raman- Theek hai Maa. Aap ko jo thik lage kariye. I am tired now. I don't want to talk about anything.

Toshi Ji- Lekin Raman, ladki ki photo toh dekh le.

Raman- Maa, how many times I have to told you that I am not interested in getting married. I have agreed to participate in this so-called marriage drama just for the sake of Ruhi. So it really doesn't matter to me who the girl is, how she looks like! If you and papa like her, if Pathak thinks she is good enough than thats it. I don't want to know anything else. I will come to attend only the wedding ceremony! Do not expect anything else from me.

He went into his room and almost fell on the bed. He wanted to be alone. He needed his lone time to figure out the growing anxiety inside him! The uneasiness that crept inside him since that girl broke the news of her marriage. He doesn't even know her name, but she is affecting him so much.

After thinking for few hours he slowly drifted off to sleep still unable to make sense of anything.

Next day morning when he couldn't shake off her thoughts, he decided to drown himself in work to keep him from thinking about his Jhansi ki Rani.

He went to office early. His mother called him to participate in the marriage festivities but he refused making excuses like meetings and work commitments. He told Toshi ji that he will not be coming home for next few days and will reach directly to the marriage venue right at the time of wedding. The only ritual he will participate in is the wedding ceremony.

Toshi ji- Beta, but ek bar ladki se mil toh le. Ush se baat kar le. Tune toh uski photo tak nahi dekhi. Ish tarah bina dekhe-sune shaadi kar lega? Baad main koi problem hui toh?

Raman- Maa, ek bar khoob achhi tarah see dekh kar , dher saari baatein bhi kar ke shaadi ki thhi. Uska natiza dekh liya? Ab tak bhugat raha hoon...

Jo kuch achha-bura hona hai woh toh ho kar hi rahega. Mere ya aapke kuch karne ya kehne se kuch badalane wala nahi. Aap aur Papa ko ladki pasand hai..bas yahi kafi hai! Please aap mujhe force mat kijiye. Aap kuch samajhti nahi. Mujhe bohot kaam hai. Mujhe mere haal par chor dijiye.

Toshi ji hung up the phone with tears in her eyes. "Main sab samajhti hoon beta" she told herself. She could understand the intense pain behind his words. She knew how broken he was from inside. She knew he is still reeling from the pain of separation of his son and the betrayal from his wife whom he loved so much. She remembered all those days when she found his bed pillows wet in the morning. She knew his son cried all night! He won't share his pain..she knew so she never questioned him hoping with tears his pain will go away. But today she learned that nothing has changed. He was still broken from inside...may be more ravaged now. She prayed to God that this new girl mend his heart and fill it with so much love and affection that there is no place for pain! 

*************************************************************************************

The best kind of relationships begin unexpectedly. When you get the astonished feeling and everything happens so suddenly. That's why you don't look for love. It comes to you just at the right time; the time you never thought it would have.

-Unknown

Mi-Amor thumbnail

update 11:             

Part 11: Ishita Weds Raman

Raman didn't go home for next 2 days. He stayed in the office with his friend and colleague Mihir. Mihir was his right-hand, his friend, colleague, his well-wisher. He was his companion in the darkest hours of his life! He could feel his pain. Mihir worshiped him like God! He would have given his life for him. All Raman had to do was ask. He didn't question him once when he told him that he is not interested in participating in this marriage drama. He knew where is coming from. His wounds were still fresh. The marriage functions will bring back all the bitter memories of past. So he decided to accompany him in whatever ways he was trying to cope with this situation. They both stayed in the office and decided to channel all their deep pain and anguish into an opportunity to turn their upcoming work project into a huge success. It was a new client and the success of that project meant another milestone in their career. They worked day and night completely unaware of anything going on back at home.

Finally the wedding day arrived.

Ishita's house

The entire family was busy with the wedding preparations. Mihika was super excited. Bala and others were busy making arrangements. They had to prepare everything in just 2 days so every member of the family was extremely busy.

Guru Ji had arrived too to attend the marriage and bless the couple.

Ishita was getting ready in her room. 2 beauticians and 5 lady-help were helping her in becoming the most beautiful bride the world has ever seen. Toshi ji had sent the wedding Lehenga and some jewelry. She also sent the chooda which was an important ornament in Punjabi wedding. Toshi ji was so excited to see her when they met at the temple that she could not believe her luck that she is getting such a beautiful daughter-in-law. She asked Bhalla Ji to let her spend all she could for her daughter-in-law and bought the most expensive and beautiful bridal attire she could find.

Ishita looked at the chooda. It was a beautiful red and white combination with her and Raman's name inscribed on it. She was slightly amused to see that. The beauticians and lady-help helped her wear all the fineries and jewelries. 

Paatti(Kaveri Devi) came to her room with Vandita and Mihika.

Kaveri Devi - Ishu, ye tumhari maa ke gehne aur kuch kapde hain. Inhe apne saath rakh lo unka aashirwad samajh kar. Aur ye wo Saariyan hain jo tumhari maa tumhari shaadi ke liye ikathha kar rahi thhi like any typical mother.

Kaveri Devi pointed at a bunch of new Saaris.

Vandita- Aur ye kapde aur jewellery maine aur Mihika na aapke liye pasand kiye hain. Papa ke saath.

Kaveri Devi - But beta, Ishu shaadi main toh apne sasural walon ka diya lehenga hi pehengi.

Vandita- Yes paatti. I know that but shaadi ke baad bhi toh functions honge na. Like reception and all. She can wear all these later.

Ishita- Paatti aapne Maa ke kapde aur gehne dekar aaj mujhe sabse accha wedding gift diya hai. In fact aap mujhe Maa ke laye saare kapde de dijiye. I will wear them after marriage. That will give me strength to settle in my new life. Mujhe lagega Maa mere saath hain.

Mihika - Akka, aap shaddi ke baad ye saariyan pehnoge? Ye sab toh old fashioned hain. Kahan aap jaisi ultra modern diva jo sirf designer kapde pehenti hai aur kahan ye outdated saariyan.

Ishita- Miku, you wont understand. Marriage is a big change in my life. I need strength to accept the new environment, new surroundings. I will wear these Saaris only to feel close to Maa. She wanted me to wear these Saaris that's why she bought them. Maa was the most elegant and strong lady I have ever seen. I sometimes want to be just like her. She is not here but being close to her things will give me her strength.

Vandita, Mihika hugged Ishita with teary eyes. 

Kaveri Devi smiled with her teary eyes. "My Ishu will be fine and she will turn her new life into a life-long blissful celebration." She told herself.

Ishita was already the masterpiece of God and the expensive jewelry and exotic Lehenga enhanced her appearance 10 folds and made her look exquisite. Her Lengha was ornamented with embroidery and intricate designs making it eye-catching and magnificent. Her hands and feet were decorated with beautiful henna patterns. She looked like someone who walked straight out of the bridal-magazines.

While the ladies and girls were busy getting her ready, Ishita's mind was wandering in a different dimension. She hasn't seen or heard from Raman in the past 2 days. She knew that in general they didn't share a cordial relationship but things have changed for them in the past 2 days. They were getting married to each other. That should mean something for him. He must have learned about the marriage by now. He should have at least called her once. At the very least to say hello. She was indeed a highly educated modern women but deep down she was a normal girl who was shy of making the first move towards her life-partner. She wanted him to initiate the conversation of the new relationship they were going to share for the rest of their lives. However times they have fought but now they were going to be husband and wife pledging to spent a lifetime together!

Ishita's internal monologue- This man doesn't give a damn about me! Pranth! I have aptly named him Raavan Kumar. Ushe zara bhi interest nahi mujhme! Uski shaadi honewali hai mujhse aur ek baar bhi ushne mujhse baat karne ki koshish nahi ki. Agar main itni hi na-pasand hoon toh shaadi ke liye haan kyun kari thhi. Never in my life anyone ignored me like this. I will not spare him. I will also not talk to him. I will not even look at him. 

She quietly continued getting ready for this marriage which seemed like the weirdest thing she has ever attempted in her life so far.

Guruji announced that the wedding Muhuratam will start in 2 hours. Once the auspicious time starts the bride and groom are not allowed to see each other until the ceremony completes.

Marraige Venue

The Iyer family and guests arrived at the marriage venue. The Bhalla family and guests arrived after sometime. They left Ruhi with their neighbor Pammi  as they wanted to give her a surprise in the form of her new mother. As per the request of Bhalla's, the Iyer's had kept the ceremony a private one with only those people invited who are close to the family. They both gave each other a warm welcome. Viswa noticed that the groom was missing from the group.

Viswa- Bhalla Ji, where is Raman?

Om Prakash- He is in office. There was something really important he had to take care of. He will be reaching here soon. We have sent his wedding attire to his office. He will get ready there and come straight to the Vivah Mandap.

Ishita was brought to the Vivah Mandap. She was looking like a Goddess. Her beautiful lehenga was designed by the most renowned designer of the country. The expensive diamond set her family bought her was creating glares in everyone's eye. She sat in her place. Now everyone's waiting for Raman. Some more time passed. There was no sign of him. Every one was getting anxious. Bhalla ji , Romi and Bala were constantly calling him. The priest announced that the Subh Muhuratam has already begun and the groom needs to be here soon.

Everyone desperately waiting for Raman. Ishita was turning 26 soon. The marriage has to happen tonight.

Ishita's internal monologue- Badtameez Insaan! I know he is doing it on purpose. He must have found out he is getting married to me! Now he is deliberately delaying to torture me! So mean. Just one more day Raavan Kumar! After that I have a life-time to torture you! What does he think of himself. I am dying to marry him. God only knows why she heed to the request of her Appa and Paatti. It would have been better if she had refused to marry him...! Let him come. I am gonna kill him tonight! He will be the first groom to get murdered by his wife on his weeding night! Pranth! Rowdy!

She was occupied with all these thoughts in her mind, when she suddenly heard the wedding band playing loudest and everyone running towards the entrance. In all the noise all she could hear was that the groom has arrived.

Paatti came and adjusted her goonghat a little more carefully to ensure Raman cannot see her as per Guru Ji's instructions.

Raman still unaware of who he is getting married to, stepped into the marriage hall.

His face clearly looked tired from the continues hard-work he has been doing from last 48 hours. His sleep deprived eyes looked tired too. He was wearing a golden and red Sherwani with red bottoms paired with golden embroidered Mojari. Toshi ji made sure that his attire matches perfectly with the bride's attire. Although he didn't make any effort to make himself look presentable apart from taking a shower and wearing that wedding clothes, he still managed to look breathtaking. Ishita's friends and relatives went gaga over him. All praising Ishita's good luck for getting such an eye-candy.

He slowly walked towards the Vivah Mandap.

His eyes stopped at the bride sitting inside the Mandap. He was not able to see her face due to her heavy veil. Toshi Ji came to him and whispered in his ear that as per instructions of the Guru Ji from bride's side he is not supposed to see the bride until the wedding completes.

"I am not much interested in seeing her either!" He told himself.

Suddenly thought of Ishita crossed his mind.

"My Queen of Jhansi must also be getting married somewhere tonight. May be she already got married by now or is in the process of getting married. " He thought.

The priest interrupted his chain of thoughts by calling him and asking him to take his place. He sat next to the bride. He decided to stop think about Ishita because now he was going to tie knot with someone! "Main apna naam kisi ke naam ke saath jodne ja raha hoon!" he told himself. That someone is going to be Mrs. Raman Kumar Bhalla tonight. She may be a complete stranger but she will be his wife even if just for the name sake. He may not care about this unknown woman at all but he will honor this relationship. He promised to himself.

Ishita knew he had arrived at the Vivah Mandap by the scent of his aftershave. The heat of her anger simply vanished at once after she felt his presence beside her. She was eager to see him but Paatti had repeatedly told her to keep her eyes on her feet.

The wedding rituals began.

The group of priests started with holy wedding chants . When the main priest put the bride's hand in Raman's hand, the touch gave him a warm feeling. He felt as if he has held this hand earlier also.

He shrugged off his thoughts thinking he must be mistaken as he hasn't slept in 2 days. Might be hallucinating.

The marriage rituals proceeded smoothly one after the other.

Next the priest asked Vandita to do the Gathbandhan between the bride and the groom. It was time for the sacred saat phere. Ishita followed Raman walking slowly around the holy fire. After 2 rounds she felt a little off-balance both due to fasting all day and her long Ghoonghat! Her situation didn't go unnoticed by Raman. He immediately reached out and took her hand in his and held it tightly! He kept holding it for the rest of the 5 rounds cementing the vows, ones she felt all the way down to her soul. 

Now it was time to tie the sacred necklace around the bride's neck. She bent her head as Raman tied the Mangalsutra around her neck.

Mangalyam Tantunanena Mama Jeevana Hetunah

Kanthe Badhnami Subhage Twam Jeeva Sarada Satam"

Ishita looked at the Mangalsutra and felt a deep sense of belonging. She now belonged to this man.

Next was the most important ritual of the wedding ceremony. The KumKum.

Since Guruji had strictly instructed that bride and groom should not see each other during the entire wedding ritual so Vandita came and covered Ishita's face from forehead down with the aanchal of her saaree. Toshi ji came and pulled up Ishita's ghoonghat thereby showing her hair's center parting.

Once the priest indicated, Raman took some Kumkum between his thumb and index finger and slowly filled Ishita's hair partition with the beautiful bright red Vermilion. He kept looking at her Vermilion filled partition for a second! He felt as if he just did the most beautiful thing in his life.

The wedding completed. The priest declared them Husband and Wife.

Just then his phone rang in his pocket. He picked the call and talked briefly. All he said was Hmm Hmm..Yes and Thank you after short intervals.

This was a call from the boss of his boss. His Client. His recently submitted project for which he worked really hard and had been working day and night from past 2 days was a huge success with the client. He was so impressed with his work that he couldn't wait until morning to call Raman and congratulate him!

The moment he hung up, the phone rang again. This time it was his super boss. The CEO of his company. He called to congratulate him on his blockbuster success and to inform him that he has been promoted as the Asia Business Development Head effective immediately. He wanted him to send the quote immediately to seal the deal.

Raman was happy beyond words. He had worked very hard on this project. But his boss was skeptical of the success because he was not able to lower the price of the product. The competitors were able to deliver the same product at a lower price albeit of cheaper quality. Raman was a man of principles. According to him he cannot compromise on the product quality at any cost. So the chances of success were slim. But beating all odds, the client preferred his product sample over all other competitor's samples.

Raman got up and prepared to leave. He briefly explained his father the urgency of the matter. As he tried to walk the Gathbandhan between him and his newly wedded wife stopped him. He paused and looked at his family members. His father signaled Simmi and she took his velvet stole which was tied to Ishita's chunari.

Later Mr. Bhalla explained the situation to Iyer family members. They were happy at the good news and didn't mind much.

Later as per the plan of Bala and Vandita, Ishita and Raman were to spend their wedding night in a beautiful honeymoon suite booked by Bala.

*************************************************************************************

Kitne door door hon un dono ke raaste

Mil jaate hain jo banein ek duje ke waaste.

Jaise dil hai dhadkan hai, ek duje ke waaste

Jaise aankh hai darpan hai, ek duje ke waaste

Jaise barkha sawan hai, ek duje ke waaste

Ik sajni ik saajan hai, ek duje ke waaste

Ek duje ke waaste, ek duje ke waaste

Ek duje ke waaste...

Mi-Amor thumbnail

Update 11:

Part 12: The Pleasant Surprise

Vandita and Bala had arranged for the honeymoon in a nice hotel. They initially planned for the prestigious Leela Palace but as per Appa's instructions they had to keep the entire thing low-key.

Ishita arrived at the hotel with her sisters and friends. They took her to her honeymoon suite. They were constantly teasing her.

Ragini- Ishu, tera hubby thoda serious type hai but bohot hot hai! Lucky girl. Tu ye phone switch off kar de. Ab raat bhar toh tu kisi ka phone utahyegi nahi! Time nahi milega na!

Riya- Haaye Ishu! Really he is so damn handsome and sexy! Almost like a Greek God. Tera pati nahi hota na toh main hi ushe uda le jati.

Ishita- Riya, tera ek boyfriend hai! Sharam kar le!

Riya- Boyfriend hai toh kya hua! Raman jaisa koi mil jaye toh morals gaye tel lene. I am not like you. Virgin Goddess of Righteousness.

Aditi - Kya yaar..kahan se mil gaya tujhe ye hero! Mujhe dekh..mummy papa ne kisi sadoo ke saath engagement kar di hai! Kehne ko toh woh Raichand empire ka eklauta waarish hai but paison se style nahi aata na! Shakal se buddha lagta hai! Aur uske kapdon ki choice..eww...yuck! And look at your man. Top to bottom he looks so sophisticated. I wish I found him first.

Vandita- Hamari Ishu ush se kam hai kya! Haan..he is good-looking but Ishu se jayda nahi!

Aditi- Of course di! Ishu is no less than a Sex-Goddess herself. But ye baat toh aap ko manni padegi ki apni Ishu ko uski takkar ka koi mila hai! Seriously guys, you two make the most cutest, good -looking couple I ever saw. Please please make lots of beautiful babies. The world needs more like you and him.

Aditi teased her.

Ishita's internal monologue- Haan bas shakal se hi hero lagta hai! Baki harkatein toh sari villain wali hi hain. Abhi pata nahi raat ko kya scene create karne wala hai!

Ishita- Kya yaar! Kuch bhi! I am so tired and hungry. All I want to do is first eat and then sleep.

Ragini- Haan haan..kyun nahi..you can eat him! He looks damn delicious. Haan sleep is not gonna happen. I doubt he will let you sleep tonight. Itni sexy wife ke saath log sote nahi jagte hain raat bhar!

She winked at her...

Isihita- Ok! Enough haan...kuch time main teri bhi shaadi hone wali hai! Tu bhi teyyar rehna lecture ke liye. 

Ragini- Ishu darling, hamein lecture ki jaroorat hi nahi! Hum teri tarah thodi na hain ki shaadi ka wait karenge. We have done it like 100 times so far. Nothing new. You are one silly virgin woman. You need some gyan.

Ishita(with a smile)- Aur kuch bakwaas baki hai toh wo bhi bol do...

Riya- Aaye haaye..so desperate to kick us out! Ok..ok we are leaving. Tera hero bhi aata hi hoga. I am sure you will have a rocking night. Call me afterwards..haan! I want all the juicy details...

Vandita- Girls..enough of teasing Ishu. We need to leave. Let her rest a little before her rocking night begins.

As they opened the door and stepped outside they saw Raman walking towards the room.

The girls gang giggled and stopped . They wanted to tease him too.

Riya- Aaiye aaiye Jiju! Badi jaldi hai! Relax, raat abhi baki hai...(She winked)

Raman looked at them with amused eyes as he noticed a naughty smile on everyone face.

Raman - Raat toh baki hai but kya kafi hai for at least once with each one of you! (He said with a smirk on his face!)

Ragini- Oh my goodness! Aap toh kafi fast forward nikle. Mujhe toh koi aitraaz nahi. Bas ek baar aapki wife se pooch len. Andar hi hai.

Raman- Iske liye kya poochna. I am sure woh mind nahi karegi.(He laughed slightly! )

Riya - Jiju, aap kaisi baatein kar rahe ho...wo bhi yahan khade hokar.

Vandita- Raman, how can you be so shameless... haan?

Raman - Shameless me? Why? Ishme sharmane ki kya baat hai...

Ok..1 min...aapko kya laga..what did I mean?

Riya- We know what you mean...

Raman- Aha..I see! Well ladies, I absolutely didn't mean what your dirty minds imagined!

I meant raat kafi nahi hai to talk to each one of you at least once! Get it? Aur aap sabko kya laga?

Girls gang- Aha!  Ohho!  Uff!  What the eff!

Ragini- Jiju, smart haan!  I must say aapka sense of humor terrific hai! You gave us all a start. I am your fan now.

Riya- Ya Jiju, hum sab aapki leg pulling karne aaye thhe aur aapne hamari chop kar di!

Raman- Ab apni wife ki doston ke saath mazak karne ka mauka roz roz nahi milta...(He smiled)!

Ragini- We will continue this tomorrow! Right now someone is waiting for you.

Raman- Thank you ladies. I am feeling very tired. Now If you will excuse me then I would like to go inside and sleep. Got a busy day tomorrow.

Riya- I doubt you will sleep tonight or as matter of fact for upcoming few nights. Kal ka toh pata nahi but aaj ki raat you will be very busy. She is not easy to handle. And she is handful where it matters! (she winked)

Raman just smiled and raised his eye brows assuring them that he understood what they meant. The girl gang gave a hearty laugh and departed.

Raman stood outside the door for few seconds. He was a little skeptical because he didn't know how his new wife would be. Still unaware of whom he tied knot with, he took a deep breath and pushed the door open.

Ishita Raman Honeymoon Suite

Inside the honeymoon suite, Ishita sat on her bed for a while thinking about her wedding. She was super hungry as she was asked to fast until her wedding rituals completes. She already had food brought in her room. Paatti asked her to share it with Raman. So she was waiting for him. She decided to take a shower and change into something light before Raman arrives. Her heavy jewelry and designer Lehenga was weighing her down. The moment she got up from bed and took a step towards the bathroom, he stepped into the room.

Raman looked at her in utter astonishment as if he couldn't believe his eyes. He almost had a mini-heart attack! 

Raman - TUM? Tum yahan kya kar rahi ho?

Ishita- What? What do you mean main yahan kya kar rahi hoon?

Raman - I mean tum yahan mere honeymoon suite main kya kar rahi ho? Yahan kaise aayi?

1 min!  Kahin tum apni shaadi se bhaag ke toh nahi aayi! Arey yaar..Bhagna hi thha toh shaadi se pehle bhagti? Shaadi ke baad bhagne ka kya matlab hai? Your husband must be looking for you! 

He said pointing at the red streak of Sindhoor in her hair!

Ishita was puzzled! She was wondering why he looks so surprised. At first she didn't understand what he was talking about? Suddenly a weird thought crossed her mind.

Ishita's internal monologue- I know it is insane to think this way but Raavan Kumar ke saath kuch bhi possible hai. Kahin aisa toh nahi ki he still doesn't know that he married me!  Aiyyo Murugan...ye kya chapter hai! Muttal! Moron! Idiot! He must be the only groom of this century jishe wedding night tak nahi pata ki uski wife kaun hai!

Ishita- Sahi kaha aapne!  Mujhe apni shaadi se jaroor bhaag jana chahiye thha! Agar shaadi ke pehle nahi bhag payi to atleast shaadi ke bad hi bhaag jati! Kam se kam aapko yun jhelna toh nahi padta! Kash ye advise aapne ush waqt di hoti jab hamare phere ho rahe thhe! Kaassshhh! (She sighed!)

Raman- Hamare Phere???

Ishita- Ji haan! Hamare Phere! Hamari Shaadi! Hamara Naya Rishta! It all happened today!

Raman- What? you mean you and me...

Ishita- Yes..you and me

Raman- Really..You and I

Ishita- Yes..You and I

Raman- Got married to each other?

Ishita- Indeed!

Raman - Are you crazy? How is that possible?

Ishita- Of course I am crazy! Aapse shaadi ki hai wo bhi jaan boojhkar...! Crazy na hoti toh aap jaise Raavan Kumar se shaadi karti?

Raman- I don't believe this!

Ishita- Yes..I am unbelievable! And so are you!

Raman still looking at her in disbelief. 

Ishita- Aapko abhi bhi yakeen nahi ho raha na? Let me show you some proof.

Ishita came closer to him. She clenched her chooda filled hands and forcefully pressed them against his chest!

Ishita- Look at them!

Raman gently took her hands in his and lowered his eyes looking at the chooda in her hands. He saw his name carved on the bangles of the chooda. Another name next to his name was Ishita.

"Raman?" He whispered.

Ishita - That's you! 

"Ishita?" He said softly.

Ishita- That's me!

Raman smiled. Probably his most beautiful smile yet. He looked into her eyes! This time there was enormous relief in his eyes. The revelation vanished all his tiredness. 

He then looked at the read streak of Kumkum in her hair-partition and recalled putting it their few hours ago with pleasure. He looked at her Mangalsutra and remembered the bliss he felt while tying it around her neck. She was his newly wedded wife! 

He was speechless. Ishita was looking at him with a naughty smile on her face!

She tried to pull back her hands but he didn't let go. His excitement was beyond words. He felt as if the time stopped and his heart seemed to stop too.

Ishita could read the happiness in his eyes.

But he didn't say anything. Then suddenly she saw his face turn serious, she wondered what she had said or done that had made him so serious. He abruptly let go of her hands.

She was dazed by this sudden change in his behavior.   

PS: What was lying ahead for Ishita? 

Damaged people crave love more than anything else, yet they run from it at its very sight. They want an emotional connection, yet every time they try to establish one, ghosts of their past start haunting them, carrying images of the pain they had to endure. They push you away, yet secretly hope you would still insist on staying. Damaged people are so full of love, and that's exactly why they're so afraid to fall in it.

Loving a damaged person is like absorbing their poison and hoping it ends before you'll lie dead on the ground!