Shehnaaz Gill- Too Phenomenal a Player to Ignore.

Uma2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Why does Shehnaaz inspire such a positive reaction outside this forum precincts? šŸ˜Ž When there are a world of people outside this forum who find her entertaining, I guess one should just realise that your idea of fun and their idea of fun are just different and leave it at that. Ofcourse, everybody has all the liberties to slam all sorts of choice adjectives at her. And thatā€™s fine. To each their opinion.        

I for one absolutely adore Sanaā€™s game. Sheā€™s evolved through and her growth has been phenomenal from going into a broken record player refrain phase that she isnā€™t interested in winning the show to showing us why she is still around. Unlike all the women on the show who donā€™t have a real identity so to speak in terms of personality besides their past laurels on screen, this girl has a thumping personality of her own- love it or hate it. 

She knows to have fun, loves to laugh and loves to be happy. And thatā€™s a remarkable attitude for someone who has been in the house as long. And like any human, she loves attention and is open enough to admit as much while others cower in the embarrassment of their own truth. Every single celebrity craves for extra attention btw, in case you didnā€™t know that already. She isnā€™t scared to show affection for all of those whom she likes and carries bruises on herself after tasks without a word- doesnā€™t whip victim or trophy or women cards out of them. She plays out a task like a task should, in the full spirit of the game without whining.

She deals with body shaming remarks as if they are nothing and is often her own biggest critic. She talks to herself to motivate herself, she retreats when she feels she is unwanted, has done her share of work around the house and othersā€™ share too with the least number of complaints. She admits on national television that she is not for winning but needs work (how many out of work actors on BB have ever admitted that they need work?) and obviously so since the Punjab industry did make her pay well enough for her mistakes whether it was solely her fault or not. 

She is smart and still retains innocence and is a total child woman. She cares not for how ugly she appears when she cries on camera, but still stays true to herself. She pouts, holds back tears and shuts down when troubled. She has no lame sophistication around her and goes around wearing the same clothes often since she obviously doesnā€™t have too many (and borrows from Rashmi too... god bless Rashmi for lending them) and shares her own dresses when other need them (Aarti as case in sample).

She has apologized enough and more on National TV to the person who was responsible for her fall. Though there are other players too who have good connections around, she deals with the ā€œpaltiā€ attack on her like the survivor she has always been. Itā€™s her strength and not her weakness that she has good relationships with two of the best gaming men on board the game show, which is what BB is. She plays her own game and was frank enough to inform the person with whom she has the strongest connection that she may not do as he asks her to do, but will always do for his best. Not many others play the individual game she does and still stay afloat.

Also, her fierceness in staying by Sid at times, physically and otherwise and understanding the kind of person he is has been phenomenal, but Iā€™ll stay out of that for now since this post is about her and not Sidnaaz. But this much I would say- she is not the kind to go all out and have a million on her friends list, but she will never truly abandon the few she holds to herself and like Sid himself said, they would be honoured for that fierce loyalty she shows. 

Whenever she is given a task, she ensures that her presence is felt. She sometimes changes the nature of the task too with her unpredictability and that is the best way to strategize as well, call her palti or paltu or what else may you. When it comes to entertainment, there are a vast number of people who enjoy her brand of fun. There are viewers for Akshay Kumarā€™s slapstick version, there are viewers for Kapil Sharmaā€™s desi version and there are viewers for her as well. The wedding task, the conversations, the dancing- it was truly a breath  of joyful freshness that she infused into the game and reprieve from all the planning and plotting and gossiping and conspiring and hollering and what not that goes on inside every single day. Nobody but Sana could have led the task head on and made the task as hilarious and filter-less and many other HMs made spectacular contributions to the task too that ensured it was fun for many of us. So, rightful credit to Bhau, Rashmi, Vishal, Devoleena, Paras and Himanshi too. 

Sana is no urban stiletto girl spouting English aphorisms. She is not a femme fatale Gauhar or a chic strong woman Bani or a supreme fashionista Hina. She is a girl who has lived on her own since 8th grade amongst hostels and school friends in Punjab, who has had a troubled relationship with her parents, and began earning for herself and living on her own by twenty years or so. She has had a few relationships, caring deeply for those men and nursed one painstakingly through and out of a drug addiction situation. She is a real woman who has seen life and still retains a whiff of childlike innocence about her. 

Yes, the host often enjoys her attitude, but that is only a reflection of how many of the outside world see it as well. A good percentage of the celebrities who have come by have spoken positively about her. That is Shehnaazā€™s charm and whether the forum her likes or not, she has been one of the strongest players this season. 

Ofcourse she would have several many faults too like every other human being, but her contribution to the show far outshines those. All said and done, she may go ahead and do something silly tomorrow and I shall have to turn a temporary ostrich šŸ˜† , but then unpredictability is her game and she sure keeps the game as interesting as hell- naivete, innocence, antics et al. I wouldnā€™t say Sana FTW šŸ„³, since I have no idea how these things work, but I sure hope to see her in the Top 5 and have a happy career and stress free life after the show. 

Edited by mnx12 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweetheart14 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Loved it and I feel like she is going to win šŸ„³. I would love to read about your analysis of sidnaaz as well even though I have read few of yours in some other posts. 

nemesis12 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

I love her for her complex personality and sheā€™s not afraid that ppl will judge her for that. And ppl do but she take it all sportingly most of the time. She for one never make mountain out of molehill. Her biggest fault is she consider this game as a game and want to hang out of with everyone at the of day, but housemates are often seen guilt tripping her into sticking with one group or else they name call her. However, she dont give a damn and do as she wish to. She has always been vocal about how her loyalty only lies with one person in this house.

intruderfast thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

She is an awesome and entertaining player. Have come a long way  . Beating likes of established ppl like desai is no big deal . If both asim and sid lose the plot in their anger, sana wld be the most likely winner

hmjustwatching thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

LOVE THIS! 

I've never been a BB watcher but my family loves the show. My mom showed me Sana and her witty, cute and real personality had me hooked. 

It always shocks me to see how quick people are to judge for simply being real. They expected her to be perfect and cute 24/7 for the next 3 months and the moment her real self comes out they get mad. These standards that they apply mostly on her and simply unrealistic and unfair. 

Also for this whole "palti" thing, I wanna ask the haters if they've never had a fall out with one friend and looked for comfort from another. Also her loyalty only to Sid is inspiring. People really need to stop putting her on a high pedestal and just see her cute but unpredictable personality.  

Uma2010 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweetheart14

Loved it and I feel like she is going to win šŸ„³. I would love to read about your analysis of sidnaaz as well even though I have read few of yours in some other posts. 

I would love if she does, but I genuinely want her to get a few acting contracts on TV or the big screen or wherever she wants. One can assume what she must be going through in such a competitive industry where a girlā€™s age is critical, especially when carrying the baggage of a scandal. 

Pain-in-ur-Neck thumbnail

Wow that was a long post and surprised there's someone who would write this much for someone like Sana! šŸ˜† ... Tbf I liked her initially and found her innocent/cute yet last few days she's been irritating with her non-sense! Tho having read your post I feel like rooting for her too ... it was that good of a read ... If Sana's half of what you have displayed she's set for life fosho! šŸ‘šŸ¼ Let's see how I feel about her in few weeks time!

Uma2010 thumbnail

Originally posted by: nemesis12

I love her for her complex personality and sheā€™s not afraid that ppl will judge her for that. And ppl do but she take it all sportingly most of the time. She for one never make mountain out of molehill. Her biggest fault is she consider this game as a game and want to hang out of with everyone at the of day, but housemates are often seen guilt tripping her into sticking with one group or else they name call her. However, she dont give a damn and do as she wish to. She has always been vocal about how her loyalty only lies with one person in this house.

Absolutely- sheā€™s been judged so much and I guess she has seen so much life the last year, that housemates judging her is the least of her concerns. There was that youtuber video of the guy who had previously chastised her and now stands by her saying that any other girl in her place might have committed suicide with the kind of hate she was subjected to. Sana did speak once about depression to Aarti. But sheā€™s survived it all. 

Yes- she will never make a mountain out of a molehill. And inmates guilt tripping her is just their way of hiding their own shenanigans. Sheā€™s an easy target to herd at. Not that she cares enough about that to spoil her own game. 

And sheā€™s been as vocal as she can about her loyalties on their face and behind their backs too. Canā€™t ask for more from a player. And I think itā€™s great she understands this is a game show- not a vacation house. But I truly believe is a lot of her own personality- itā€™s complex and beautiful with several shades as someone inside once complimented her in another context šŸ˜³

Uma2010 thumbnail

Originally posted by: intruderfast

She is an awesome and entertaining player. Have come a long way  . Beating likes of established ppl like desai is no big deal . If both asim and sid lose the plot in their anger, sana wld be the most likely winner

I still have serious doubts of her winning, but yes, she has captured a lot of national audience interest, and from people who donā€™t necessarily have a history of watching Hindi soaps/shows.  I know sheā€™ll retain herself in audience memory for all and sheā€™ll be referenced too in future seasons of the game in both positive and negative contexts. 

Uma2010 thumbnail

Originally posted by: hmjustwatching

LOVE THIS! 

I've never been a BB watcher but my family loves the show. My mom showed me Sana and her witty, cute and real personality had me hooked. 

It always shocks me to see how quick people are to judge for simply being real. They expected her to be perfect and cute 24/7 for the next 3 months and the moment her real self comes out they get mad. These standards that they apply mostly on her and simply unrealistic and unfair. 

Also for this whole "palti" thing, I wanna ask the haters if they've never had a fall out with one friend and looked for comfort from another. Also her loyalty only to Sid is inspiring. People really need to stop putting her on a high pedestal and just see her cute but unpredictable personality.  

She just a vivid personality with multiple dimensions- she can be cute and shrewd and naive and body conscious and not so body conscious. Yes, she a pot of unpredictability šŸ˜† and yes, just enjoy her as she is without too many expectations. You said it right- weā€™ve all been there. Many of us have had friends weā€™ve fallen out with and weā€™ve found others for life and we still wish well for our former friends. Thatā€™s called real life! And life is often not utopia! 

Edited by Uma2010 - 4 years ago