Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Amanat284 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: pallawi1803

so true..EK needs to realize it's 2019 n kasauti doesn't mean getting married to a third wheel bcoz of some blackmailing or B's sacrifices..nor it means to see the third wheels getting obsessed over SR with leads... There are bigger, better n practical challenges in life which can be focused on instead of such stupid tracks ...

True, I think if Ekta had gone for a coming of age story where young lovers marry and grow together despite thunderous kasautii's, it would have worked wonders.

Each track showed a different shade of the couple's love which is nice and for me, it would be more satisfying if they were socially married too. Having them marry other people just feels odd. 

I know there has to be conflict in the show to make it compelling like broken promises, revenge...etc and that's why I enjoyed the first Komolika track a lot. We got glimpses of what a newly married anupre would have been like and the problems they'd have to overcome.

Ekta must think not being together is very beautiful, sacrifice and constant pain is amazing. Hence the manhoos thornbird story. 

But for most of us, happiness is beautiful and fulfilling of promises. 

ifmember thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: _charu_

Thx for taking it in a positive way..I have nothing against them seriously ,I can only like them if I find something good...I thought I can watch any crap for parth but no..I cant see him degrading himself by doing this role which has nothing new to offer..which cant be liked by the audience...in this age , characters which have a mind of their own and a personality of their own , are accepted by the audience easily, no matter how flawed they are....do the makers even realize how dumb they show anupre? Like they have no life other than running behind each other consciously or subconsciously ? And still not complete the run?

Sorry to interfere here, but i would love to disagree with certain comment here. 

But IMHO, Anurag Basu is that character which has made Parth reach out to larger set of common audience and be loved by all, he is one of the most loved characters, how much ever bad the show could be. I and a number of people like me got to know his finesse in acting only through kasauti. This show revived him. 

It's okay, to like his previous shows character better and not like this one he plays, that's individual wish. I am not commenting about that at all.

But , hearing he is wasting his time and degrading himself in kasauti is baseless, and i am tired of hearing it over and over again. It's not easy to get into Ekta's balaji clan, people desperately wait for such opportunities. All her shows are anything but progressive. His talent has made him famous today as Anurag Basu and the same will take him to better places in future. 

@Pallu : sorry for going off topic 

Edited by ifmember - 4 years ago
BombayGirl10 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: hope4u

The problem, right from the start has been the fact that this show is a reboot of an old show. Ekta grossly miscalculated when she thought that just the nostalgia factor will be enough to bring in the viewers. Well, while it mightve been enough to bring in the viewers, it was not enough to keep them hooked. Which is why, if we see the trend of this show, everytime the show has veered in predictable direction (read follow the footprints of the earlier season), the trp has tanked. This was first seen when the Anu kom shaadi happened which is why a twist of Prerna claiming gto be the first wife and the pre vs kom drama began. The same is the case in the earlier track where the audience flat out rejected blackmail marriage track. Ekta thought the popularity that these characters had in the first season will be enough and there's no need to put any thought into the story and any BS served will be swallowed. What she forgot to take into account is that 18 years have passed since the earlier season aired. That was a time when star plus was the only channel which had these long running SaaS bahu type dramas. Kzk was one of Ekta golden trio and it was different than the other 2. Hence everything she showed then was accepted because it was new for ITV. When she tried to serve the same old wine in a new bottle, the show tanked. She had great negative characters in the Form of NB and ronit. Instead of exploring a story with them, she was in a hurry to bring in her komolikas and bajajs. I'm not saying they shouldn't have come in because I understand that anurag, prerna, Komo and Bajaj are the 4 pillars of kzk. But bringing them in without properly fleshed out characterization and storyline has been the downfall. Kasauti does not equal marriage and cross marriage. But that's all we have seen in 300 episodes. Instead had the show continued in the same vein as the first 100 episodes, kept a firm storyline around anurag and prerna and their struggles and introduced the 3rd angles with solid storyline not involving marriages, the show would be at a different place today. 

KZK had a great advantage of a solid legacy and it still could not cash in on it. I personally feel that boon became the greatest curse. 

Nothing much to add hope you said it all 👍

hope4u thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ifmember

Sorry to interfere here, but i would love to disagree with certain comment here. 

But IMHO, Anurag Basu is that character which has made Parth reach out to larger set of common audience and be loved by all, he is one of the most loved characters, how much ever bad the show could be. I and a number of people like me got to know his finesse in acting only through kasauti. This show revived him. 

It's okay, to like his previous shows character better and not like this one he plays, that's individual wish. I am not commenting about that at all.

But , hearing he is wasting his time and degrading himself in kasauti is baseless, and i am tired of hearing it over and over again. It's not easy to get into Ekta's balaji clan, people desperately wait for such opportunities. All her shows are anything but progressive. His talent has made him famous today as Anurag Basu and the same will take him to better places in future. 

@Pallu : sorry for going off topic 

This is very true.. Being a BT lead is an opportunity that's really sought after in television. Sort of like the ITV equivalent of a yash Raj or dharma film. They may not match up in content when compared to a lot of other stuff, but for actors those are still the dream because it means you've arrived. 🤷‍♀️

Personally I'd never heard of parth samthaan or Erica Fernandes before kzk.