Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shahijazz thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Fantabulous........❤️LOVED IT.......❤️

Prerna risks her life for her daughter's happiness that is little tubby.....

Loved their convo and the way Rishab cares for her......

How embarrassed she is when  finally she realises that she was in her husband's shirt the whole time in front of her mother and sis....😆🤣

The ending part.....🤣☺️

Pls update next part soon dear.....🤗

esha143 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

First of all...thanks for giving a very fabulous update,always !!👏You deserve loads and loads of love and hugs for your updates...!!🤗

The drama that little squiggling fat pup unfolded is fantastic...It brought out so many shadows into light....the essence of Prerna that has been missing has been found again here...the one who doesn't think about herself before doing anything for the ones she love...She loves Kukki more than she's ever loved anyone in her life...and that love compelled her to risk her life and search for her daughter's happiness...Prerna truely has become a loving mother to Kukki...❤️

Coming to Rishabh....well,his anger was expected just as his concern was much anticipated...How can he just leave her alone when she's out there facing danger..?...so not possible....but I hadn't expected him to call her out on the subject of her awkwardness around him....he surprised me...since both of them were avoiding each other in hopes to avoid the consequences facing each other might create...but then again he's RB...he always does the unexpected...may be he himself got tired of their games....he himself want to see what are the consequences he's gonna face....and man,I would love to see him restless from here on regarding her....when he becomes restless....then only he'll make her restless...I know I'm a sadist but I want this!!

Their discussion is very open...a discussion between two adults...the grudge was acknowledged and in true RB style cleared without even uttering an apology....but the way Prerna forgets her filter around him is hilarious at times😆...but he's always handled her filter less moments candidly...I love that !!

Oh and his wicked sense of humor is a treat to watch!!and it came out so many times in this update...he's truly an evil man to let Prerna blunder through breakfast with her family in such a scenario...Shivi's innuendos were bang on and the way Prerna reacted after they left is hilarious...she actually threatened RB to not say a word!! But of course he's not gonna listen and his dry wit came out to play once again....[I'm a sucker for dry humor and sarcasm in my favorite male leads,you know...]

But the most clear picture in this entire update is that Prerna has started to get affected by Rishabh...his thoughts...his opinions....his anger....his care....his concern for her...his proximity...his scent...even his "Mother-effing dimples"...everything about him is affecting her so thoroughly she's gonna be confused with her feelings in no time at all...We already know she affects him...now he's starting to affect her....how much longer these two are going to fight their feelings and who's going to loose first is what we have to wait and watch...I'm eagerly waiting for RB to loose control around her first...it would be a sight to behold...!!

Please don't keep us mere mortals hanging in the balance for so many days next time....update a bit soon....❤️

Gurmeet4Drashti thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Her inexplicable reaction to his dimples was not funny.

This is the absolute truth. Karan and his dimples made me swoon since DMG 

Everything else was so perfect. The fact that Prerna is drawn to him and their building rapport is so so beautiful.

I loveeee the cheeky Bajaj. The innuendos, smirks and dimples....... I WANT MOREEE ♥️😭

Sohali19 thumbnail
Engager 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Gurmeet4Drashti

Her inexplicable reaction to his dimples was not funny.

This is the absolute truth. Karan and his dimples made me swoon since DMG 

Everything else was so perfect. The fact that Prerna is drawn to him and their building rapport is so so beautiful.

I loveeee the cheeky Bajaj. The innuendos, smirks and dimples....... I WANT MOREEE ♥️😭

Very much so. Gotta love his dimples. There should be a separate AT for those alone. Thank you so much for the lovely words. More is definitely being worked on and coming your way.

Sohali19 thumbnail

Originally posted by: esha143

First of all...thanks for giving a very fabulous update,always !!👏You deserve loads and loads of love and hugs for your updates...!!🤗

The drama that little squiggling fat pup unfolded is fantastic...It brought out so many shadows into light....the essence of Prerna that has been missing has been found again here...the one who doesn't think about herself before doing anything for the ones she love...She loves Kukki more than she's ever loved anyone in her life...and that love compelled her to risk her life and search for her daughter's happiness...Prerna truely has become a loving mother to Kukki...❤️

Coming to Rishabh....well,his anger was expected just as his concern was much anticipated...How can he just leave her alone when she's out there facing danger..?...so not possible....but I hadn't expected him to call her out on the subject of her awkwardness around him....he surprised me...since both of them were avoiding each other in hopes to avoid the consequences facing each other might create...but then again he's RB...he always does the unexpected...may be he himself got tired of their games....he himself want to see what are the consequences he's gonna face....and man,I would love to see him restless from here on regarding her....when he becomes restless....then only he'll make her restless...I know I'm a sadist but I want this!!

Their discussion is very open...a discussion between two adults...the grudge was acknowledged and in true RB style cleared without even uttering an apology....but the way Prerna forgets her filter around him is hilarious at times😆...but he's always handled her filter less moments candidly...I love that !!

Oh and his wicked sense of humor is a treat to watch!!and it came out so many times in this update...he's truly an evil man to let Prerna blunder through breakfast with her family in such a scenario...Shivi's innuendos were bang on and the way Prerna reacted after they left is hilarious...she actually threatened RB to not say a word!! But of course he's not gonna listen and his dry wit came out to play once again....[I'm a sucker for dry humor and sarcasm in my favorite male leads,you know...]

But the most clear picture in this entire update is that Prerna has started to get affected by Rishabh...his thoughts...his opinions....his anger....his care....his concern for her...his proximity...his scent...even his "Mother-effing dimples"...everything about him is affecting her so thoroughly she's gonna be confused with her feelings in no time at all...We already know she affects him...now he's starting to affect her....how much longer these two are going to fight their feelings and who's going to loose first is what we have to wait and watch...I'm eagerly waiting for RB to loose control around her first...it would be a sight to behold...!!

Please don't keep us mere mortals hanging in the balance for so many days next time....update a bit soon....❤️

Esha! you always leave me the best kind of messages and compliments. Your stamp of approval means I'm doing a halfway decent job. I'll try and make sure I incorporate some restlessness and loss of control in future updates. 😊

Thank you so much, you absolute sweetheart.

Sohali19 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MR21

First, let me just🤣smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37

Now coming to the chapter. Kuki made a very special place in Prerna's heart and life. She couldn't leave without Tubby even in this terrible weather just because she couldn't see how her daughter would react knowing that they lost Tubby. Bajaj came looking for her as expected.

Did I say I love their conversations? She does not have a censor to her words when she talks to himsmiley36. He also somewhat lets his guards down with her. “Don’t make me put a leash on Tubby and you.”😆.

The morning he waking her. I love sasuma-damaad scenes. Now coming to the best part of the chapter, damn she said so much which she shouldn't in front of her mother and sister. And Shivi's comment which he also listened😆. And his dimples. 

Donesmiley37smiley37smiley37. Waiting for the next part.

Ramya! Thank you for this! I so want to able to show the bond between Kuki and Prerna. One which is independent of RB. I wanted to show that Prerna loves Kuki as a daughter. And I think sometime's I have a hard time doing that. 

And the highlight for me of that chapter was there conversation. It was inspired from the conversation Prerish have on the tv while dancing at Kuki's party. That was some real communication. Only it was too short. I decided to do something similar. 

❤️

Surya.Ravi thumbnail

That was a very nice update..Starting with a scare of Tubby running out right till the end with Rishabh teasing Prerna, everything was entertaining and interesting to read about..Rishabh and Prerna's relationship is evolving slowly..Though they are keeping each other at arm length distance, yet they are getting attached to one another and that is clearly visible..Rishabh's worry for Prerna was thick in the air once she was home after getting Tubby back to safety ..He was around her until she stopped shivering, this gesture showed how concerned he was..And it was good that Prerna voiced out the hurt she had been harboring in her heart because of his hurtful words and would love to read about how Rishabh makes it up, up to in the future though what he said was just said in fit of frenzied worry..Prerna sulking and Rishabh's cheeky response of putting a leash, all this felt so domestic and beautiful..The next day morning was even more eventful, Prerna greeting her mother and sister in her husband's clothes, ohh the awkwardness might be high..LOL..And to top it all, Rishabh teasing Prerna and Prerna's embarrassment, all this spread a huge grin on my face..The update showcased Prerna and Rishabh are getting used to each other and I loved it completely..Awesome update..Really very nice, sweet, cute, salty and spicy at the same time..Keep it up!smiley42 

Sohali19 thumbnail

Hi, guys. Got a bit more time this week. I want to thank every person who reads and takes the time to leave a lovely message. ❤️

You know who you are. 🤗

As a separate note, I am toying with the idea of sending the next updates through only pms exclusively to those who've been so kind with their words and encouraged me to get more than midway through the story. I feel that those who've stuck with me and the story should reap benefits of that. So if I figure out how pms work then the next updates of the story will be sent through that only. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Part 19

Prerna looked at the new message on her phone. The sixth one this week.

Let’s talk, please! Atleast hear me out.

Anurag was apparently back from London after months of reportedly trying to woo investors there. Prerna had nearly dropped her phone when he had first texted, asking to with meet her. She had responded immediately, telling him that she had a major submission at the end of the week and would talk to him after. His overture had made her nervous but she was curious enough to want to go ahead with a meeting.

Since her tentative acceptance, he texted her every day, his messages a combination of pleas and apologies which played havoc with her concentration.

What the hell did he want?

Any guilt she felt by hiding the messages from Rishabh, she trampled down by telling herself that Rishabh had made it clear that they were free to do what they wanted in their personal lives. Things that didn’t concern Kuki didn’t concern him.

Then why did she feel so guilty about a potential meeting Anurag?

Shit. Shit. Shit. She needed to get her head in the game and get ready for her presentation the next day. Her arguments were going nowhere. Absolutely nowhere. She was going around in circles with not one original thought and her research wasn’t worth the paper it was written on.

I’m not going to get my masters, I’m not going to get a job. Oh god, I’ll have to become an Instagram influencer!

“We’ll have to get a divorce then. I can’t be married to someone who poses with avocado smoothies.” Rishabh’s deep voice came from behind her, as he walked into the dining area whilst loosening his tie.

“Hardy-har-har. Aren’t you a regular comedian? When did you get home?”

“Just now. In time to see your dramatic breakdown. What’s the matter?” He began divesting himself of his jacket, unbuttoning the sleeves and rolling them up. Her eyes nearly bugged out of her head on seeing the beginnings of a tattoo on the bronzed skin. He had tattoos?

Rishabh Bajaj had tattoos! Would she ever be able to decode this man? Even a little scruffy,  Rishabh did not look welcoming, his dark blazer stretched taut across his shoulders, his stance as rigid as the weathered marble of the walls. It stirred an emotion in her, the way he held himself so straight and looked so . . . beautiful. Her mouth went dry. When had she begun thinking of him as handsome? Because he was; indeed, he looked as attractively crisp and cool as the winter evening.

He looked a little tired, a little drained and Prerna had the sudden urge to bring him some hot tea and smoothen the lines on his forehead. Her nurturing instinct leapt to the forefront but she tamped it down. Instead, not wanting to add to his responsibilities, she replied, “Nothing I can’t handle.”

“Prerna.” Her name, a soft admonition on his lips. “Tell me. I don’t bite. Well, not unless asked anyway.”He smiled wolfishly and Prerna felt a disgruntle stab at how easily he could turn on the charm.

“I have to defend my short paper tomorrow. It’s 30% of my final grade and I have no idea what to say.”

“The one on state torture?” He poured himself a glass of water, drinking it in big gulps.

“Yeah. Urghh. What am I going to do?”

“Let me just change and check in on Kuki? Then we’ll go over your paper and iron out any kinks that may be there.”

“You’re serious? You want to help me?” Prerna asked, her eyebrows shooting up. “Why?”

He looked almost offended by her astonished tone, but like always, his stoic face made it hard to be certain.

“Because I want to butter you up and then take over your multi-million property.” He said tonelessly. “If you need help, let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be in my study.” He began walking towards the arched staircase, shoes clicking on the cold marble.

“Rishabh, stop. That’s not what I meant -- Yes. I’d very much like your help, thank you.” Prerna conceded, trying to make up for her judgmental statement.

He turned around, face just as impassive.

“Okay. Give me half an hour.”

“Okay.” The guilt in her chest dissolving slightly.

She couldn’t wait to get back home and tell Rishabh how incredibly well her she’d done on her viva. She had killed it and she knew it was partially because of his mentoring. She couldn’t help but be grateful for his confidence in her. For all his sins, Rishabh provided endless support and space for her to study and do well in college. She was in such a joyous mood that even Anurag’s incessant messages hadn’t been able to dampen it. She would deal with that later.

Tonight was her night. She was going to get home and cook an incredible meal and spend the night celebrating with her daughter and the man who helped make it happen.

She nodded at the guard and nearly bounced through the opened front door.

“Alka! Kuki! Mama is home! And guess what I’ve brought?” Prerna called out loudly as she walked through the silent main corridor, leading toward the dining room. The house seemed surprisingly empty so close to dinner time. Usually servants would be flitting about, readying the meal and setting the table.

“Kuki?! Kuki! Look! I've brought you those yummy truffles from Flury’s! Come quickly or I’ll eat them all.” She yelled again, setting her bag and purse on side table. Why was the house so silent? Rishabh was supposed to come early and take over because she was going to be late. There was no way in hell that he had forgotten.

“Ma’am? Sir is in the kitchen with shonababa.” A staffer who had come into the room with fresh napkins, informed her.

The kitchen?

She nodded her thanks and turned around toward the kitchen, the bell-like chortles of a child getting louder with each step.

“Kuki! Rishabh! What are you guy—"

She stopped mid sentence and midstep. The scene in front of her bringing her to a grounding halt. It looked like a hallmark movie still. The unrealistic, cheesy, over-the-top idyllic, aww-inducing kind. Pots and pans were spread about, the smell of olives and tomatoes and burnt sugar in the air. Tubby was flitting after tiny ball, making himself part of the glorious chaos. Her husband was wearing an apron and stirring a large pot, his white shirt sleeves folded back, revealing strong veined forearms and tattooed skin. Kuki sat on the white kitchen counter, flour dusted her round cheeks as she nibbled on a piece of bread. Rumpled hair fell across Rishabh's forehead as he leaned forward towards their daughter, speaking to her softly.  "I think you've burnt them, missy."

Kuki sighed dramatically, hands on her little waist. "You're bursting my bubble, Papa."

Rishabh let out a chuckle, "I'm bursting your bubble? Where are you picking this stuff up from, Miss Kuki?"

“Hi. What’s all this?” Prerna said slowly, waving her hands around.

“Mama! You’re home! Surprise!” Kuki yelled gleefully, showing off her toothy grin. Prerna bent down to give Tubby a few belly rubs, soaking in the sense of contentment that washed over her.

“The messy kitchen is a surprise for Mama?” Prena asked, raising an exasperated eyebrow.

Kuki giggled and exchanged conspiratorial looks with her father.

Rishabh threw in a few basil leaves into the bubbling pot. “Kuki and I decided that your excellent paper presentation deserves a celebratory dinner.”

“So we made pasta and cookies for you!” Kuki burst out. Clearly not able to keep the secret any longer. “But we burnt the cookies. Even Tubby won’t eat them.” Her doll-like face wrinkling at their collective incompetence.

Prerna’s heart felt like it would tear apart at the seams. She came around the kitchen island and lifted Kuki in her arms, kissing her dented cheeks, inhaling the scent of baby powder and innocence.

“I’m sure they’re just perfect. Thank youuuuu!” She said, rocking Kuki in her arms, her eyes meeting with Rishabh’s.

“Kuki. What else did you get for Mama?” Rishabh reminded, draining out the pasta water.

“Oh!” She wriggled to be let down, taking off like a rabbit as soon as her feet touched the marble, Tubby immediately following her on his chubby legs.

“Stop running” They both yelled in sync, shaking their heads as the pitter-patter slowed.

“So. How do you know the presentation went well? I could have sucked.” Prerna asked, popping a piece of fresh bread in her mouth.

“No. You couldn’t.”

“You weren’t there! How can you be so sure?” She challenged.

“You’re a Bajaj. The Bajaj clan doesn’t fail.” Came the confident reply. 

She rolled her eyes at that over-the-top, evasive response, looking at him expectantly. He sighed, putting down the saltshaker. 

“You worked incredibly hard, did your homework, prepared for weeks. There was no way you would have failed.”

She looked at him in silence, stunned at his words. Words that boosted her self-esteem, words that made her swell with pride.

“Mama-mama-mama! Look what I made for you!”

Kuki came in through the kitchen, holding a bouquet in her hand. It was the strangest assortments of flowers and leaves that Prerna had ever seen. Roses, hibiscus, marigolds, petunias, pansies of different lengths, all meshed together to make a clash of colors, tied together with a hair ribbon.

“I broked the flowers myself! Papa said we must give you a present for doing so well in your school!”

He was already teaching their child to bring her flowers and love.  Prerna choked back tears, lifting Kuki on to the counter beside Rishabh.

“What happened, Mamma? Didn’t you like it?”

She kissed her daughter’s tiny hands and fingers.

“I love it. It’s perfect. This is perfect.”

The next morning, Prerna was tinkering about in the kitchen, testing cake recipes. She had been scanning hers and Rishabh’s identifications required to open Kuki’s bank account when she’d noticed his date of birth. November 29, 1981. He was turning 38 in a week’s time. After the kindness he’d shown to her the previous night, Prerna felt the need to reciprocate.

She was sifting flour when Mr. Mehara called out from the living room. She dusted her flour stained hands and padded barefoot to see her husband’s company secretary.

“Good morning, Ma’am. I’m sorry to have disturbed you so early on a Saturday morning but an overnight courier came for sir and he’s not picking up my calls.”

“That’s alright, Mr. Mehara. I’ll take the courier and see that it finds him.”

Mr. Mehara handed the envelope to her, “Please do that, Ma’am. It’s confidential and urgent so its best if Sir receives it as soon as possible.” Letting her know implicitly that the envelope was not to be handed to anyone else except Mr. Bajaj. 

It was 7.30 am on a Saturday morning. Rishabh was going to be in the gym, two floors below.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Rishabh! An urgent package has come for you.” She flipped the envelope, reading the seal at the back, “It says here that it’s from the Blackstone Group---gahhaa…””

She stood at the entrance of their home gym, with her mouth hanging open. She was also fairly certain some nonsensical noises had escaped from her open trap but her husband, who was currently dangling 10 ft in the air, had airpods on and couldn’t hear her.

Thank the Lord for small mercies.

He hadn’t noticed her presence and so she felt like a class A creep for ogling at him like a piece of meat. Dressed in only black sweatpants, riding low on his hips, he deftly pulled himself on the ceiling bars, swinging effortlessly from side to side. His broad shoulders were slick with sweat which trickled down his lean back.  But what had her reaching for a cold towel were the tattoos. Fine, sharp, intricate lines of ink whirled and etched from his upper right forearm to shoulder to one side of his muscled chest.

Excellent canvas to work with, she assessed objectively.

Rishabh Bajaj may dress like a gentleman from Mayfair but he was built like a street fighter.

Stop being so creepy. It’s just a body. Like thousand other bodies. Like Paresh Rawal’s body. Yes. Good. Think about Paresh Rawal’s chest.

“Rishabh! She poked his dangling calf and fell back a step as he jumped down.

“Prerna?” He looked at her in surprise, pulling the pods out of his ear. She never came down to this part of the house. “What are you doing here?”

The full-frontal view of him was even more potent and Prerna was having some serious trouble conjuring up Paresh Rawal’s body parts. Not with so much bare skin in front of her.

Why does he need abs? He wears suits all the damn time.What iron man marathon is he training for?

“Prerna!” He snapped his fingers in front of her face, clearly annoyed at being ignored.

“Yeah. Sorry. Uh…thinking about Hera Pheri. Excellent movie. Baburao is hilarious. You should watch it. After you wear clothes. And take a shower. Or shower and then wear clothes. And then watch the movie.”

He looked at her as if she were deranged. “You okay? You look flushed.”

“Me? No. It’s the gym. All gyms have bad ventilation. And oxygen is running out everywhere in the world. Climate change is here and no one wants to do anything about it! That makes me red in the face.” She laughed like a lunatic. 

He’s going have you admitted if you don’t stop talking.

“Here. A package came for you. Looks important, right? No time for movie. Shower, clothes and then work. Chop, chop.”

She thrust the envelope in his hands and did a right about turn and fled from her bewildered husband before she could spew more bullshit.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

The King sat in his high chair, surrounded by his men.

Are we prepared? His low voice ringing in the cold room. Mechanical, synchronized nods answering the King’s question.

“Okay. Send them in.”

The door swung open on that command and an entourage of men and women in indistinguishable black suits walked in. Their leader stepped forward, hand extended.

“Mr. Bajaj. What an absolute pleasure. My team and I were looking forward to meeting you.”

“Mr. Morrell. Welcome to Kolkata.” He indicated at the inter-dispersed empty chairs around the conference table. “Shall we?”

“Thank you so much for arranging such excellent accommodation. It’s such a great opportunity for us to be tapping into India’s growing market and help Kolkata become an economic hub and central port for South Asia. We’re all excited for this project and are ready to get some boots on the ground as soon as possible.”

Rishabh smiled wanly at the verbose oration. He despised long winded speeches. Waste of time and breath.

“BHI is on board with the skeletal agreements as they stand today, Mr. Morrell. We will be supplying the labor, equipment and logistical support for building the shipping enterprise here. In exchange, underlying land rights will be transferred to BHI once 75% of the project is operational and earning revenue. Roughly by June 2020.”

“BHI doesn’t want a share of the revenue then?” The staid Britisher asked. Rishabh suppressed the urge to insult the man. They had already gone over this and he hated repeating himself.

“No. No revenue. Just the underlying land rights.”

“Seems to me that we can proceed with the documentation. Should take a month to get that done, yes?”

The King smirked. The agreements were long done and ready to be signed.

This was going to be his ace in the hole.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thought Anurag was gone forever, did you?

Nah.  

Best, as always.

Sohaa.

Edited by Sohali19 - 4 years ago
itsRitzi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Omg such swif update thanks for that.. 

Coming to the update absolutely loved it there's mix of so many things loving the way u flow the story.. 

Paresh rawal bit omg super hilarious.. Gosh.. Now i want to see Mr Bajaj in gym once he gets back to BM in the show ksg would rock it..! 

Eagerly waiting for the next story update.. 

SanzBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Awesome update.. It's getting very interesting with Anurag's return.. 

While Prerna does not involve physically into this marriage and Rishabh has no concern if she has some extra marital affairs let's see if she rekindles it with Anurag.. Would love to see Rishabh's response 😁 will the territorial man come out or not.. 

Prerna has an inevitable attraction towards Rishabh and she loves to ogle his hot body etched with tattoos.. She should approach him,, after all how long can she stay like a nun with such a hot husband... This touch me not clauses seriously have me in splits😂 like why suppress the physical need when it's such a basic instinct.. And it's crealy tangible how she is feeling so attracted to him physically.. Prerna can have physical intimacy with Rishabh just out of her physical need later she can ponder over it to regret or not... 

Actually I don't like white characters like Prerna.. She should acquire some Grey streak from her husband anytime...