Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IshRaian thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

BTW, what do you mean by judging a show?! 

I am just talking about whether a show is economically feasible to run or not. 

For that only TRP and budget needs to be taken into consideration. 

IshRaian thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cherryfairy

I have looked up how TRP gets calculated and no they are not from any xyz websites. Even that Salil sand explained how the ratings get measured. 

The point is your opinion, or my opinion for that matter, about whether BARC is inaccurate or not is irrelevant. 

Entire TV industry accepts BARC as the standard. 

And even if it is inaccurate, I guess all shows would get equally affected: whether it is a hit or a flop in BARC TRP. So I guess that equalises the effect of not taking a larger sample point. 

IshRaian thumbnail

That is how sampling works. 

It is impossible to practically measure data from every single TV. So the industry has made some kind of compromise. 

When the TV industry itself doesn’t have a problem, why are people so worried about BARC being inaccurate?! 

IshRaian thumbnail

People really need to stop this good content crap. 

Every show on ITV has its own logic flaws and loop holes. It’s fans will never accept it. But neutral audience will. 

Even this show was a typical sass-bahu kind of show from the beginning. Only difference was that the lead had shades of gray. Otherwise all sort of cliched scenes were shown even in the beginning. I don’t really see how this is anything new from what we see on ITV. 

shruzzy thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IshRaian

BTW, what do you mean by judging a show?! 

I am just talking about whether a show is economically feasible to run or not. 

For that only TRP and budget needs to be taken into consideration. 

i guess u r still not understanding and just thinking a point of profit and being a finance & CA final student i completely understand the profit factor which still can be earned even by channels and ph  and who said about totally lagical shows everything has its own flaws so even i m not totally expecting logic wala show what i m saying is that if u r telecasting a genre which is different from your usual contents and different from usual characters than execute it in proper time and manner and dont change it every week! !  

About judement take an eg of shaheer sheikh he potryed many roles all are different from each other he was arjun to dev to salim to abir are much varities so i m taking it in that sense now take eg of salim the character itself was iconic played by dilip sahab but just because it didn't get trp it was just scraped of because of trp with that context i m talking that trp should not be an only factor! ! ! 

Now in any business u have to take a risk to conquer more and that risk should be given proper time to execute without giving proper time it is not right to judge whether its profitable or not because when u start a new thing it doesn't give all the profits at first stage only forst it needs to get stable 

Also i hope i dont need explain what business and profits are

Dont take me someone as totally hater of itv

But yeahh being a itv viewer i demand a character which is entirely different from current religiously always right characters and i guess thats my right to do! ! ! 

Edited by shruzzy - 4 years ago
IshRaian thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruzzy

i guess u r still not understanding and just thinking a point of profit and being a finance & CA final student i completely understand the profit factor which still can be earned even by channels and ph  and who said about totally lagical shows everything has its own flaws so even i m not totally expecting logic wala show what i m saying is that if u r telecasting a genre which is different from your usual contents and different from usual characters than execute it in proper time and manner and dont change it every week! !  

About judement take an eg of shaheer sheikh he potryed many roles all are different from each other he was arjun to dev to salim to abir are much varities so i m taking it in that sense now take eg of salim the character itself was iconic played by dilip sahab but just because it didn't get trp it was just scraped of because of trp with that context i m talking that trp should not be an only factor! ! ! 

Now in any business u have to take a risk to conquer more and that risk should be given proper time to execute without giving proper time it is not right to judge whether its profitable or not because when u start a new thing it doesn't give all the profits at first stage only forst it needs to get stable 

But yeahh being a itv viewer i demand a character which is entirely different from current religiously always right characters and i guess thats my right to do! ! ! 

Money is the only thing needed to run a show. And TRP is what gives them that. 

Clearly state what according to you should be the other determining factor for the fate of a show. 

About Color’s Salim show, they show never did well on the charts. So I don’t think it is the channel’s fault. 

All shows face the problem of rash decisions by the channel. For instance YHM was shifted from its 7:30 pm slot when it was No.2 on StarPlus and No.1 at 7:30 pm. There have been 3 shows since YHM shifted at 7:30 pm. No show has been doing well. YHM is still continuing while 3 shows have gone off air by the same time. 

Sometimes channels take wrong decisions and the shows will have to bear the brunt. Such things are part and parcel of every walk of life. So...

mystique_4008 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

This!!!! You spoke my mind. Every business has to take risks and it has to be given enough time to work. Does anyone remember last year in December when Anuranjan (associated with ITA awards) had invited certain actors to discuss about the tv industry and its content. I don’t have the link but it should be available on YouTube or facebook. The interview explained in detail what is wrong with the tv industry. 

shruzzy thumbnail

Originally posted by: IshRaian

Money is the only thing needed to run a show. And TRP is what gives them that. 

Clearly state what according to you should be the other determining factor for the fate of a show. 

About Color’s Salim show, they show never did well on the charts. So I don’t think it is the channel’s fault. 

All shows face the problem of rash decisions by the channel. For instance YHM was shifted from its 7:30 pm slot when it was No.2 on StarPlus and No.1 at 7:30 pm. There have been 3 shows since YHM shifted at 7:30 pm. No show has been doing well. YHM is still continuing while 3 shows have gone off air by the same time. 

Sometimes channels take wrong decisions and the shows will have to bear the brunt. Such things are part and parcel of every walk of life. So...

you clearly stating that u dont wont content 

U r saying trp = money which is not the actual picture but u wont believe it as many shows having big ph are also earning  and has less trp yhm but u wont find it interesting so u keep whats right according  To u and i will keep my thoughts 

Bollywood changed from masala films to content driven web series are also trying so i hope one day tv will also do that sony started soon others will have to do! !  Till than u enjoy ur part i will enjoy my part after all Entertainment and tv is for enjoyment right! ! ! 

shruzzy thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cherryfairy

This!!!! You spoke my mind. Every business has to take risks and it has to be given enough time to work. Does anyone remember last year in December when Anuranjan (associated with ITA awards) had invited certain actors to discuss about the tv industry and its content. I don’t have the link but it should be available on YouTube or facebook. The interview explained in detail what is wrong with the tv industry. 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/151078995?tid=5110060

This my post and initially i found that in janhvi a questioning character because her suffering were totally right to her actions but her actions were also questionable on basis of is revenge a right decision? ? (note its just from 1-53 episode!  Of ebss)

I love such complexity. . . Though they gradually destroyed janhvi by way of pooja but still pooja dont need a man in her life till date she can go through her thick and thins alone thats difference in pooja! ! !  In that case minnie from Patiala babes is also v good character! ! 

Previously shows provided such content they bought profits too 

To add they were so huge that they shooted whole show in dubai (dastaan was a show which was shooted in dubai) now a days only half team goes and that too for limited period! !  Sadly but itv doesn't not provide in terms of content! ! ! 

Edited by shruzzy - 4 years ago
IshRaian thumbnail

you clearly stating that u dont wont content 

U r saying trp = money which is not the actual picture but u wont believe it as many shows having big ph are also earning  and has less trp yhm but u wont find it interesting so u keep whats right according  To u and i will keep my thoughts 

Bollywood changed from masala films to content driven web series are also trying so i hope one day tv will also do that sony started soon others will have to do! !  Till than u enjoy ur part i will enjoy my part after all Entertainment and tv is for enjoyment right! ! ! 

Bollywood is moving towards content driven cinema only because the masala films are not working anymore and the content driven ones like Andhadhun and Badhaai Ho are giving the producers huge profits compared to masala films. 

Content driven shows will come up on TV only when TV audience watch such shows. Until such a time, such kind of Masala shows will continue to dominate the TV space.