Vidya balan: We don't have to get up at national anthem in cinema hall - Page 3

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 4 years ago

I would stand up...if I am watching a movie in India...and everyone is standing up.....but here in USA....it is not possible...ki u are watching a movie...with Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Napali, sometimes even American audience and aap tambu ki tarah uth kar khade ho gaye....so people behind u can't see a thing....its rude and awkward.....deshprem dil mein hona chahiye...dikhawe mein nahin.

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

What is the harm in sparing 56 secs in paying respect to the national anthem? Ghutne ghiss toh nahi jayenge na!! ๐Ÿ˜‘

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

I would stand up...if I am watching a movie in India...and everyone is standing up.....but here in USA....it is not possible...ki u are watching a movie...with Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Napali, sometimes even American audience and aap tambu ki tarah uth kar khade ho gaye....so people behind u can't see a thing....its rude and awkward.....deshprem dil mein hona chahiye...dikhawe mein nahin.

Why would they play Indian national anthem in the US? Weird.

Originally posted by: Golden-dew

arre bhai...I am saying if its part of the movie....do they play NA in India otherwise...I didn't know that๐Ÿ˜ฒ...why would they do that??

Edited by blue-ice.1 - 4 years ago

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Ranjali thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: hotchic2

Explain the relevance please 

Please checkout these videos you will get your answer. I don't understand why some people have issue with standing for national anthem before a movie just for few seconds. I personally love singing the national anthem when they play it. 

watch this video at 2.25mins where Smriti irani rightly gives kamal hassan answer why national anthem is played.

https://youtu.be/V2SeAJtSIA8

Javed Akhtar also has similar view here:

https://youtu.be/BYJaJ0nkQa0 

RheaSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

One thing also forget..

when SC ordered the cinema halls to make national anthem necessarily played in halls,

there was a lot of bullying and harassment against people who could not stand up, they would get beaten or even thrown out from the hall. A lady complained that she could not stand up because of the child in her hands and she was harassed to infinity.

this was also one of the reasons which people protested against the idea. clearly, u can't bully or harass someone in the name of nationalism. if I respect national anthem it has to come from within. And I really do it, whenever there is a national occasion where NA is playing, I get frozen there, but cinema hall is not that place. 

SC had to make it optional hence which is why not all theaters play NA anymore..

Edited by RheaSingh - 4 years ago

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

arre bhai...I am saying if its part of the movie....do they play NA in India otherwise...I didn't know that๐Ÿ˜ฒ...why would they do that??

Yes its played before the screening begins. Shayad yaad dila ne patrons ko ke woh Indian hain.. Except for kids at school everyone else is forgetting that. 

what are u laughing for?? Didn't Dangal have Natl Anthem as a part of the movie...some Indians actually stood up in the middle of the movie...that is what I was talking about.