Added Chapter 23: All The King's Men: PreRish - Page 90 - Page 15

Posted: 4 years ago

Omg omg this is the best prerish fiction i ever read.. Such an amazing build up to story loving each part read all 12 parts on one go so engrossing loving the way u have chiselled out the characters so amazing bajaj every dialogue every just like a king... 

Now am curious how this game of chess continues.. What Rb is upto.. Eagerly waiting for next part really liking this slow build up of relationship step by step.. Between prerish 

LOVED it!

Seems like Bajaj will slowly turn Prerna into the Queen in his life. 
I am honestly liking the way their relationship is developing, its mature, not so muss fuss and there's a hint of compassion and understanding. Also, TRUST! Prerna trusts Bajaj, or else she would not be returning into the lions den (at least that's what I feel).

I am amazed at the part where she blurts out about her period and the way Bajaj handles it, now that's a gentleman. A man who knows and respects women. The way you narrated that scene is simple but has way too many feels in it. Don't we all want some comfort and care on our days? Bajaj serves it to her in a silver platter, and coming from someone like him, it makes the moment GOLD!

I'll stop rambling. Again, LOVED it!!!

- Faiza

since you haven't updated for the longest time I'm gonna read this in continuity and enjoy it but PLEASEEEEE WAITING FOR UPDATEEEEEEE!

ok saying the longest time might be an exaggeration but you're always so quick with your updates😭😭

Please update your story is way better than show currently 

When will u update dear eagerly waiting 

This is the first-ever fiction work of PreRish that I am reading. Here goes my view on all the chapters till now.

The loved how you have build up the Bajaj's character in the first chapter. No wonder she felt as if she is sacrificial lamb ready to be slaughtered.

Why do I feel that he would use her love to target Anurag and to corner her? Most importantly the two questions which he's asked her, whether she loves A and vice versa, looks like she would prove her love but Anurag is doubtful. The pride she has when she said I DO, would pain her a lot when it would break.

He cornered her very well. First making sure she addresses her insecurities with Anurag's family and brought the very word, the foundation of any relation, TRUST. This is never going to be the test of her trust in her love. This is going to be a test of Anurag's trust in her.

What a plan. He did nothing to her, not even had a conversation with her in the entire evening but made sure that people know that she is in the party and she is still in the mansion when everyone left.

Damn. He targeted her. And that too in such a way he was never in the picture. I am happy that she did speak up against Nivi, unlike in the show. She was a fallen woman, this is what she thinks. I so want her to raise and lead a better life again.

As expected, her character is questioned. Her love is being questioned by Anurag even after repeated explanations of truth, she is taunted by his family members, her family does not believe her, society anyways is a gossipmonger. What not she had to endure just to protect Anurag, and here no one is ready to believe her, trust her. Anurag may love her, but his trust is questionable.

What was that all about. First, he questioned her trust and targeted her, now he is questioning her loyalty. He expected the same answer from her. What are his intentions? And the cooking deal. This Bajaj it's so unexpected. His next move, his demands are unbelievable. Why did he let her go so early this time?

"Personal wish granting factory", this cracked me up. But looks like he did become her personal wish granting factory in his own twisted way. The way she comes for him for his help for her every problem, that too hiding from everyone including Anurag. As expected, his wishes are so unexpected.  â€œIf I didn’t know better, I’d think you have a little thing for me.” this is gold.

Okay, this is interesting. He is playing his cards very well, and she didn't even know what she is getting into each and every time she comes for his help. Just making her go to a new apartment along with Anurag, he broke their relation some more which even they weren't aware.

The first-ever normal conversation between them. They are having a good discussion and it's so enduring to see her voicing out her opinion freely with him without considering what/who he is. Education is the best thing one could have for their own. And loved how he emphasized the same to her.

This chapter is damn good. She wanted Anurag to watch her and appreciate her, but Bajaj did it. Each time they meet, he is showing her the right path giving her a life lesson. Your happiness should be your priority and no one should have the ability to influence it. Anurag looking at them looks like another crack in their relationship is coming.

This one had to be the best chapter till now. He knows she would come for his help. The whole conversation between them is so good. They are so good at communication, even though he has this kind of mystery around him, and she has a long way to go. I loved how she blurted out about her pain, awwwww he gave a hot water bag for her pain to reduce. That is such a heartwarming moment between them. He did give her a hint, that maybe her would-be inlaws are not saints, but she is as always blind in her love. The triumph in his eyes listening to her wish to always stay in Calcutta, why do I feel he had already planned everything and just waiting to strike the deals with her whenever there is an opportunity either created by him or by circumstances. Awe he likes animated movies. The queen Isabella reference here is GOLD.

Done. Eagerly waiting for their next time now.

~Ramya

Sorry for such a delayed update. I’ve been a teensy bit preoccupied. As an all-encompassing thank you note, I just want to say to everyone who has commented and written such lovely things, you guys are the sole reason why I write this story. If I didn’t have your encouragement, I would have quit. The show is getting rather ridiculous which leads to zero inspiration.

This update doesn’t have a Prerna and Bajaj scene. Why? Because this update has other explosive moves that will determine things in future and a pre-mature Prerna-Rishabh scene would be unrealistic.

PART XIII

He was holding his jacket in his hand, staring down into the garden below. He’d rolled up his shirtsleeves, and Prerna saw with a fresh pang of guilt that he was even thinner than before.  She tried to think how to begin, and because she was so overwhelmed with emotions, all she said was “Hi, what are you doing here?”

She saw his shoulders stiffen at the sound of her voice, and when he turned and looked at her, she could almost feel the effort he was exerting to keep his composure. “Where have you been?” He asked quietly. His face devoid of emotion.

“College, of course. Where else?” Something was wrong. “Is everything okay with you, Onnu?”

“How were classes?” He asked, in the same levelled tone.

“Good. How is Nivedita doing?” Putting away her bag, wanting to move on to another subject, anxiety pooling in her stomach.

“Lies.” He forced out. His face contorted in anger. “How dare you stand there and lie…to my face? What were you doing at Bajaj Holdings this morning, Prerna?”

Prerna felt a sinking horror as she reached out to steady him. He pushed away from her, hatred glowing in his reddened eyes.

“Listen to me, Anurag. Just sit. Let’s talk, okay? Aaram se—”

He jerked her hands away, “What were you doing there, Prerna?!” He roared. “How long have you been seeing him? I should have seen this coming! I should have seen it.”

“No, No! Please, just hear me out. You’ve got it all wrong!” She cried.

I’VE GOT IT WRONG? I’ve got it wrong? You spend a night at his place! You drag me to see an apartment complex for no apparent reason. An apartment complex, he just happens to buy soon after! You cozy up to him at your event. You go visit his offices and lie to my face about it and I’ve got it wrong? He was nearly yelling, pacing across the length of her room. Prerna wanted to defend each accusation but his statement gave her pause.

“Wait, what?  Anurag, Mr. Bajaj doesn’t own Orchard Estates, please let me explain! This is just a huge misunderstanding.” She pleaded.

“They made the acquisition public just two hours ago, Prerna. Don’t pretend like you didn’t know. You literally entered the building as the release was taking place. At first, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. But even I can be fooled for only so long.” He spat out, disgusted.

How--? Oh god. She had walked right past the spokesperson as the announcement was starting. She was the only person to have been let in through the front. The video footage would have caught her clear as day.

“Okay. Okay. I know it looks bad. Please just let me explain? It’s not like anything you’re thinking. I would never cheat. That’s not me. You know that!”

“I don’t know what I know anymore.”

“Don’t say that. Please don’t say that. Yeah, I went to see Mr. Bajaj. But only because I thought he could help with Nivedita’s investigation. And all those other times—"  

“Other times? How many times have you gone to that man?” Anurag’s voice taking a menacing tilt.

“If you would just sit down and hear me out. We can sort this out like adults, Onnu.”  She tried to reach out again, to touch him, soothe him.

“I wouldn’t do that.” he warned softly.

“Do-do what?” Prerna said shakily.

“Get any closer to me.” She stopped cold, her mind registering the physical threat in his voice, refusing to believe it, her gaze searching his cruel demeanor.

“Onnu,” she began, stretching her handout in a gesture of mute appeal, then letting it fall to her side when her beseeching move got nothing from him but a blast of disgust from his eyes. “I realize,” she began again, her voice trembling with emotion while she tried to think how to begin to diffuse his wrath, “that going behind your back was wrong and you must hate me for it.”

“You’re right.”

“But,” Prerna continued bravely, “I was prepared to do anything, anything to try get you out of jail. Your mother and sister were desperate to get you out. What could I have done! The civil suit…then Shivani went missing, then Ronit... No matter how it must seem to you now, I was trying to help!”

His voice cracked like a whiplash.“Shut up!”

“No, you have to listen to me! Let me explain why I did what I did.” she said, speaking quickly, driven by panic and a sense of growing resentment. 

His contemptuous gaze raked her. “Of course I know why you did it! He’s Rishabh Bajaj. A powerful man with a powerful name. It was a means to an end – the same reason you’ve had for everything you do. My mother was right after all. She kept telling me to open my eyes and see what you really were. A social climber. And there's no shame in that if you had the guts to own up to it. But you? Ha! You led me on a merry dance, Prerna. But I'm finally seeing what you're made of. You’d make your bed with a snake if it gave you a means to an end.” The vitriol spilling unendingly from his lips.

“ENOUGH! I have had enough.” She stared at him in fury and disgust, her heart breaking a little. “I’m warning you, Anurag,” she said in a murderous voice, “shut up or leave! You don’t know what you’re saying and I don’t want to do something I’ll regret.”

“Regret is something I’ll carry around for a long time when it comes to you. We’re done, Prerna! We’re over. And if I never see you again in my life, it will still be too soon.”

He stalked out of her room without waiting for her response, leaving her to crumple on the cold floor.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nivedita Basu was not having a good day. The stocks of Basu Retail Garments had dipped,  an Executive Director of its board was threatening to quit, Basu Publications was sliding in debt, because their print media wasn’t able to keep with its digitized counterpart, she was being summoned to SEBI offices later that week for her deposition and her brother was, as usual, contributing as little as possible to the running the family business. Yeah, not a good day, she thought as she sat at her office desk, rubbing her temples.

“Mr. Bajaj here to see you, Ma’am.” Her secretary said, popping in through the cabin door. Before she could register the content of the statement, Rishabh Bajaj walked into her office, hands in his trouser pockets, looking as cool as a cucumber.

“What the hell are you doing here? Who let you inside?” Nivedita sputtered.

“Tch tch, such manners, Ms. Basu. What do they say? Keep your friends close, your enemies… what was it again? I forget.” He chastised silkily.

“What-do-you-want?” she grated out.

He walked languidly up to her desk and threw a manila envelope in front of her, unbuttoning his steel gray blazer. She hated his guts but Nivedita had to admit, the man had style. She picked up the packet and pulled out the papers, stilling in fear.

“How dare you—"

“I dare very easily, Ms. Basu. But you? You surprised me. Trading your father’s shares in Basu Publications so that he’s no longer majority shareholder. Does he know? Not to mention that neat little price rigging gig you have going on with Trimurti Textiles. It’s what set off SEBI, incidentally. Careless, Ms. Basu.”

“Tell me what you want or I’m calling security.” She said, hiding her trembling hands.

“Absolutely” He said easily, picking up her receiver and holding it out to her.

She slammed the phone down, “How do you know all of this?” Feeling at a loss for words, waving at all the papers spread on her desk.

“It took less than two days for my people to put this together, Ms. Basu. How much do you think SEBI will be able to dig up in a year?”

She kept silent.

“In the meantime, let me offer you some advice, Basu Publications has registered losses in the last two quarters and you’re thinking of going public with the company. But your father and brother who sit on the Board will not allow that to happen, especially not after they find out what you’ve done.”

“I know! I know. I don’t know what to do.” She exhaled, raking her hands through her hair.

“Trade yours and your husband’s preference shares in Basu Publications for their equity shares. As preference shares have no voting rights, they won’t be able to vote on any decision you make once it comes before the board.”

“Preference shares? They’re valued at half a million more.” She said incredulously.

“Fraction of what you’ll pay if the company continues collecting debt. And as for the price fixing, I suggest you lawyer up.” He held out an ivory embossed calling card to her. “That firm will be handle your affairs discreetly. I suggest you keep them on retainer.”

“How do I know you’re not setting me up?” Nivedita asked skeptically, accepting the card. This man hardly seemed like the altruistic sort.

“You don’t. But I don’t see anyone else lining up to get your ass out of this mess, so I guess you’re just going have to trust me on this one.”

“But why are you helping me?”

“I gave my word to someone. And what can I say, I’m like the gift that keeps on giving.” He nodded to her before sauntering out of her cabin, humming the tune to that obnoxious Bob Marley song.

Bad girl, bad girl, what you gonna do, what you gonna do when I come for you?

Nivedita nearly growled in frustration before picking  up her receiver to tell her legal team to have share transfer papers ready by the next morning.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The following Thursday, the managing partner, the head of legal and the finance director of Basu Publications were gathered around a conference table debating the merits of the deal put before them. Like a godsent missive, a private company by the name of Statesman Limited had approached them with a deal to buy majority shareholding in Basu Publications whilst still agreeing to retain its management and name. Essentially, Nivedita thought gleefully, Statesman's offering to buy our debts and saving me the trouble of taking the company public. The CEO – Rajdeep Bakshi was a mild-mannered man who had grown up in Kolkata, his only requirement being that Statesman would have 51% shareholding in the company. Nivedita found this more than fair in exchange for getting rid of the company's debts and increasing circulation, all in one fell swoop. Her legal team was carrying out due diligence of the Statesman but she was feeling confident about her decision. She was the majority shareholder on the board and with both her father and brother stripped of voting rights, her proposal would sail through. They would most likely be deeply hurt by the loss of ownership in Basu Publications but emotion had no place on a sinking ship.

She had to do what was needed to be done.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Sir, they signed the deal last evening. Statesman Limited is now the majority shareholder in Basu Publications.”

“Excellent. Give them another two weeks to file their disclosures and other formalities. In the meantime, I want legal to close, vet and have all the agreements ready to go. Convene the Board for next Thursday, we need our board resolutions in order. And don’t forget to send Rajdeep Bakshi a curated basket of single malt whiskeys by this afternoon.

“Right away, Sir.” The door closed with a click. The King cut a solitary figure as he stared out of his cabin and onto the vast expanse of the city below.

Careful, Mr. Basu. Your crown jewels are in danger.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

August 29, 2019

Economic Times

In an unexpected turn of events, Kolkata's native newspaper publication company - The Statesman Limited was acquired by the Morning Herald, the publishing company owned by industry mogul, Rishabh Bajaj. Bajaj Holdings Inc., the parent company of Morning Herald, remains hungry for acquisitions and is scouting for assets that can bring in intellectual property and widen market reach to further accelerate its growth. Speaking to Economic Times, Chief Operating Officer G. Subramaniam said "We continue to remain open and hungry for acquisitions. We have one of the best track records in terms of acquiring companies and integrating them.” Interestingly,this acquisition comes close on the heels of the Statesman – Basu Publications transfer which saw Statesman Limited acquire a 51% shareholding in Basu Publications, making the latter, a subsidiary of the former. Given that the Statesman is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Bajaj Holdings, Basu Publications, too, has inadvertently fallen under the BHI banner, a consequence that no one foresaw. The Kolkata-based conglomerate, which reported a 21.7 percent growth in profits and an 18.5 per cent rise in March 2019 quarter revenues, continues to remain bullish about growth in the near future, upending the existing first families of Kolkata and creating an unprecedented stir.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cheers,

Sohaa

Res. 

I am done reading all the chapters, and you are here with the new one.

Edited:

I am back. No PreRish, but what an amazing chapter this is. You don't miss them when you get to this cunning and manipulative Bajaj. 

I had this feeling that the announcement has a connection with her entering the place at the same time. She didn't even know what she is getting into. Though I agree she shouldn't have hidden her meetings from Anurag, I can't blame her for it because he didn't take it easy the first time, and he didn't even believe her. Damn, Bajaj bought the place she was looking with Anurag. He did play his cards really well. So Anurag broke up with her. Finally something good for her, it's better to stay single rather than being in a relationship where she is the only one who is contributing and giving, and without trust. The best thing is she was not silent and gave it back to him.

Bajaj did help Nivi, well in his own way, but he did keep his side of the deal to Prerna. He is like a gift that keeps on giving😆. Nivi manipulated her family members for business, and no wonder screwed up big time. What a masterstroke by Bajaj, he made sure the company which he would acquire, would buy and be the major shareholder of Basu Publications. I am impressed👍🏼.

He has trapped them very well. I am waiting to see what's in store for Basus now. I want to know how would Prerna take this. Even more important thing, how would she take the news of the announcement and also the news of Bajaj buying the apartment which she acted to be interested in buying. Will we get a confrontation scene between them. I feel so bad for her, but want her to be strong.

Waiting for the next chapter eagerly.

Edited by MR21 - 4 years ago

Waited a lot for it and as usual unique and beautiful