Added Chapter 23: All The King's Men: PreRish - Page 90 - Page 10

Posted: 4 years ago

An amazing update. Conversation was good between a man who knew how the world actually operates & the girl who had no practical experience but handful of examples of success to base her opinions on. 

Prerna should consider economics as well since it will come handy to her in this plot. Sino-tibetan not so much unless she plans on taking diplomacy in future. 

This Prerna looks realistic, naive but relatable & I like it that way. 

Amazing update again. Such PreJaj equation is intriguing to read & something I want in the show but well for now I will satiate my hunger with these amazing fanfictions.

And it was a pleasure to help you with the index.😊

Prerna can think? Have opinions and hold her ground? What world is this? Ah yes, your world. A better world. Prerna's character in the show is an abomination. Thank you for doing justice to her. You write her as she should have always been written. This update made me giddy. They're bantering! We got a charming, lighter Bajaj today. He's a man of many parts. And although I was here primarily for him, I find myself rooting for Prerna too.

Your writing was awesome. The way you weave words, casting a magic spell on your readers is just plain brilliance.

Lots of love,

Aparna

Mindblowing! Why can't the Prerna on our screens be 10% of your version?

They didn't make a deal in this meeting but indulged in an intellectual debate. It was such a refreshing change. Also, Mr Bajaj addressed her using her first name for the first time. I could almost hear it. 

This part explored the chemistry between them. As a reader I could feel every bit of it. 

Why are you smiling? part was damn adorable. Everything was so vivid and graphic. â­ïž

“Great. That’s exactly what we need. More Godfather-esque mini bajaj clones.”

^ This made me laugh. đŸ˜†

Continue soon. đŸ˜›

Edited by Wistfulness - 4 years ago

Another wonderful update.how much I liked it when PRB debate.its like a different shade of RB and pr e rne that come out and I really admire that.his advise not distracted from her study by others was so apt(I want this piece of advice to ghussao in show ki prerna's thick skull)education is your real asset girl,go get it.

How I was visualizing that part where RB was laughing and rerna can't take off her eyes😍(I'm imagining ksg,his dimple and me in prerna's place and OMG I was blushing 😙.Such powerful impact ur word has upon ur readers.

But TBH I was expecting more as this story is like elixir and I become greedy for it.plz plz plz update soonish.thanks.

Absolutely in love with this story liking the fact that this romantic stories apart from everything is also showing rishabh pushing her towards her successs ..he wants her to study hard and become successful that was a precious debate they had there loved the part where everyone were rushing here and there and she though ranveer singh has arrived 😂 ..the way she recognized him with only his husky voice ..the way she was staring at bajaj laughing (totally imagined dimple wala ksg my sexy beast laughing ) loving their bond slowly increasing

Edited by Breezi11197 - 4 years ago

Thats the man u want in u r life... Who pushes u to be a better version of u rself. One who wants a  partner not just simpering love interest

HOLYYYYYYY!!!

Loved, Loved, Loved it! I could never imagine Prerna debating about social economics. 

Can Ekta please hire you to write a story for her? She doesn't really need to take people to Switzerland and spend crores to get the TRP. The cast and story will do. 

I am loving your version of the Prerna.

Also, I second Arshi_Asya's request a few comments above, don't stop mid way please. I cannot take that heart break at all. I come to the forum every night for your story, sort of my bedtime tale.

- Faiza

I am extremely upset that there's no update today :( 

Ankie, Sanya, you guys are too adorable. I can’t deal. Faiza, I have no current plans of abandoning this story but I am a really lazy person. Honestly. I even avoid getting up to go to the bathroom until it becomes a necessity. US, I wanted to show their dynamic as one which is too complex to be categorized into a single term. They’re opponents, they are client and contractor, they’re student and mentor, she’s young and naïve, he’s older and too cynical and hopefully over the course of the story both will absorb traits of the other. Himani and Mahi, you two are the real MVPs. Anjali, Aparna, Shruti, Moushumi, Anju, Breez, I loved your messages. They literally got me to finish the last part of my update. All of you lovely girls writing the nicest messages push me to write otherwise I’m content to sit on my ass and watch Netflix.

PART XI

Prerna was struggling to pin her saree in place. Everywhere around her, students milled about in their costumes, rehearsing lines, practicing their moves, adding final touches to their makeup. She, on the other hand, was defeated by a giant safety pin. She finally managed to stick it in at an awkward angle, unable to conceal it. It would have to do, she thought, glancing at her reflection in the mirror. Her hair clipped back, she lined her eyes with kohl and toyed with a lipstick in one hand. Her dark green saree was a gift from her mother and Shivani had lent her kundan jhumkis. Not too shabby, she mused, deciding against the lipcolor. Every year, the university organized a cultural evening where students would put up exemplary performances in dance, music, poetry, theatre. It was a night worthy of Tagore’s city. Prerna had a deep instilled love for music and dancing, inherited from her father’s side of the family and she was impatiently looking forward to performing in front of Anurag. The silly, giddy girl in her heart wanted appreciation and praise from her fiancĂ©e. “I want to knock his socks off. ” She giggled.

“
Oh my god, he’s really here..”

“Would you look at him
my women parts are tingling..”

What the hell--? Prerna looked around curiously at the two girls who were sneaking peaks behind the curtains.

“Who is really here?” She inquired.

“One of India’s sexiest bachelors! Rishabh motherf-ing Bajaj! He even came to college about a week back. I almost stopped breathing during his talk.” Thing One gushed.

“I hear the chairman of the trustee board personally invited him to attend tonight’s event. He wants to arrange a match between his daughter and Mr. Bajaj apparently.” Thing Two piped in.

“His daughter?” Prerna shot back, her cheeks flushed.

“Pankti Ray Choudhary. Finance class topper and incredibly stunning. They’ll make such a beautiful couple.” Thing One said forlornly.

“I know, right? What a gene pool. Pank-Abh's kids would be like works of art.” Thing Two said, adding on the misery.

“Don’t you two have your performance starting soon?” Prerna snapped, wanting to end this inane conversation. Pank-Abh?! 

Her concentration was wrecked and the buzzing around her was beginning to give her a headache. On top of that, Anurag still hadn’t responded to her text. He had promised that morning that he would be in time to catch her perform but she hadn’t heard from him since. The last thing that could possibly interest her was vapid gossip about Mr. Bajaj’s love life.

Turning towards the mirror, she decided to apply a light coat of lipstick after all.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

She stepped on stage and was momentarily blinded by the bright lights in her face. Adjusting her gaze, she walked to the mic and greeted the audience with folded hands. Her eyes locked with Rishabh Bajaj for a moment before she looked away from the front row, signaling the ensemble to begin. The notes of saxophone, drums and flute filled the air as Prerna began scanning the audience for Anurag. Coming up empty, she took a deep breath and let out the first notes in the air, her lilt hauntingly hypnotic. She closed her eyes and sang verse after verse, her voice laced with feelings of disappointment and hurt. She barely registered the final crescendo and the roar of thunderous applause as she made her way off the stage, stumbling into the dressing room.

Grabbing her phone, she saw a couple of missed calls from Anurag and a message informing her that he would not be able to make it in time and to have someone record her performance. ‘I’m sorry, re. But don’t go back home alone. I’ll pick you after the event.’ His message read.

Prerna fell back into a chair, a vine of resentment creeping up on her. ‘Was it too much to expect your fiancĂ©e to support and encourage you?’

Was she being unreasonable? It wasn’t lost on her that Anurag had several business hold-ups at present but she’d always been there for him. Wasn’t it natural for her to expect the same in return?

She gathered her things and slipped into the balcony of the auditorium to watch the remainder of the event, her spirits irrevocably dampened.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nearly all the students had piled out, save a few who were waiting for their rides, much like her.

She looked restlessly at her watch, suppressing the urge to cry. God, she felt like a ninny. So what if Anurag wasn’t able to make it? â€˜You’re not performing at the Oscars, get over yourself.’ She chided.

“You're talented, Ms. Sharma, I'll give you that. I was genuinely impressed by your performance. And I’m a hard man to impress”. She hadn’t noticed him walking up to her, too wrapped in her own misery. He looked like a spoilt nawab in an ivory bandhgala and kurta, flanked on either side by an attendant.

“Thank you, that’s very kind of you.” Her voice wobbled.

“I’ve never been accused of being kind.” He said dispassionately. “It’s getting late, do you need a ride home.  I can have someone arrange it.” He motioned for his cronies to leave.

Prerna shook her head. “Anurag is on his way. He should be here any minute.” Unwittingly, tears spilled out of her eyes.  Prerna didn’t stop to think that he was probably the last person on the planet she’d want to see her like this.  Silently, he held out a crisp handkerchief toward her and stared straight ahead, as if to give her a modicum of privacy.

Prerna went stiff for a moment, her hands wanting to push his kindness away but instead, her fingers curled into square cloth and she sniffled against the linen. “Sorry.”

"It’s okay. I carry several handkerchiefs. So many women to comfort, such little time." He dead-panned.  Turning to her, he fixed her with his impenetrable onyx gaze. “Are you okay?”

“Yes.” Her answer was automatic and defensive, but he continued looking at her in silence, as if waiting for her to tell the truth. She finally relented under the intensity of his stare.

“Anurag didn’t show up.” Her heart cracked a little at the simplicity of those words.

“Ah.” His answering smile a little too understanding. “I’m sorry.” 

Prerna’s shoulders lifted in a shrug. “I know it’s so silly and juvenile to be upset about something as trivial as this. I can’t seem to help it. I’m annoyed with me for crying!”

“Ms. Sharma, I don’t presume to know you very well, but I’ll take the liberty of making an observation. Don’t allow for your joy to be dictated by another’s conduct. Be selfish. Make your achievements your own and revel in them. Because no one owes you their love and attention and you don’t owe anyone your share of happiness.”

Prerna’s red-rimmed eyes found his. It sounded clinical but she couldn’t dismiss the truth behind his brusque words.

“What do I do now?” she whispered.

“You do what you always do,” he said quietly. Firmly. “You pick up, dust off and move on. You keep living, for yourself first, this time round.

Prerna wiped a tear that had made its way to the corner of her mouth. “My father would have said something like that. He would want that.”

He cocked his head to the side, getting a faraway look in his eyes. “It’s what everyone wants for the people they love.”

In that moment, Prerna didn’t fully know why, but she wanted to figure out the different parts that made this man whole - not because he was a project, or even because he was so obviously flawed, they were all flawed, but because

“That pin is going to stab you, Ms. Sharma.” Mr. Bajaj spoke, breaking her reverie. He was pointing at the safety pin that was sticking out of her pallu.

“Huh? Oh. Urgh. Not this again!” she exclaimed, twisting around with one hand to pull the offending object out.

“Easy. You’re not going to be able to see in the dark.” Pulling out his cell phone, he turned on the flashlight as she continued to play Twister.

“Can you hold it closer, please?”

He took a step toward her, focusing the light at her side. His proximity unnerved Prerna, the smell of cigar and wood fire wrapping around her, blood rushing to her face. She looked up, hoping the darkness concealed her nervousness.

“Did you get it?” His breath so warm.

“Yeah, I--

“Prerna!” Anurag’s angry cry jolting her back. 

He had seen them together.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cheers!

Sohaa

Edited by Sohali19 - 4 years ago