Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Sohali19

Hi!

Hhahaa! Your message had me laughing out loud. Thank you so much. I hope you find time to read on. I'm currently working on the next update.

I ALWAYS HAVE TIME TO READ SUCH BEYOND BEAUTIFUL STUFF. pls pm me too :( 

Breezi11197 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

It's beautiful ...please do write more loved how you explained rishabh ..waiting for more PreRish

Sohali19 thumbnail
Engager 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 2

Hi. This is the last update for today. I hope you guys enjoy it. If you do, please do let me know in the comments. If not, ... well then, I'll have to stop the unnecessary writing. Here goes, Part III.

PART III

“That is, of course,” Mr.Bajaj murmured softly, “if you truly love your fiancée.”

Anurag was all that was good in her world. There was nothing she would not do to save him. And it seemed both Prerna and Mr.Bajaj were painfully aware of this fact. 

And so Prerna looked the King in the eye, lifted her chin and said. “I do.”

“That is truly heart-warming to hear. No doubt, it must have been hard. If you don’t mind me saying so, Ms. Sharma but you don’t move in same social circles as Mr. Basu, yes? Your little love story must have created more than a few ripples. I am always amused by the lengths to which families will go to preserve their cliques. Speaking of, how did you meet the young Mr. Basu?”  Mr.Bajaj’s words were in stark contrast to his tone. A mocking tilt barely disguised by gracious words. He motioned for her to join him on the lush futons. She sank down opposite him as he languorously poured himself another glass of fine whisky.

“My father worked for his father, so we would run into each other at certain social events…Durga Pujo and such… and we went to the same college.” She responded tonelessly.

“Ah, he’s your college sweetheart then. Even so, winning the approval of his mother must have been a daunting task. From what I’ve heard, Anurag is deeply respectful of his mother’s opinions.” His shrewd gaze told Prerna that Mr.Bajaj knew exactly how much of a struggle her and Anurag had to face and while her loyalty to Anurag was absolute, she couldn’t deny the truth behind the taunt that Mr.Bajaj had dealt out. Anurag valued his parents above all and she respected that. Even admired it. But she had sometimes wondered if she would always come in second and having a strange rpoint out a private sore point, made Prerna unnaturally defensive.

“Can we get to the point, Mr.Bajaj? I thought you were a busy man.”

“We’re having a pleasant conversation, Ms.Sharma. That is the point. Besides, I find young love so fascinating. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to deprive an old bachelor his thrills.”

Prerna nearly snorted out in derision. Old bachelor? Love is fascinating? She couldn’t see his endgame yet, but whatever pleasant conversation the man was weaving, it was clearly to lull her into a false sense of security. Well, she wasn’t born yesterday and two can play a game.

“Of course. My apologies, Mr.Bajaj. What can I say? It just happened organically. Anurag was the most pursued guy in college. Well spoken, top of his class, honest, likeable and he had a certain swag about him, you know? Oh, ha, my bad, you’re probably not young enough to understand what swag means. It’s a millennial term, Mr. Bajaj."

Mr.Bajaj smiled benignly at her harmless barb. “He sounds wonderful. A real paragon of virtues. The news of your love story must have broken several hearts. His mother’s included, from what I hear. That must have been hard. Having to face accusations of being a social creeper, a gold digger, an opportunist. It’s so fortunate that young Mr. Anurag trusts in your love so absolutely, no?” He finished in a silvery tone.

“People will say a multitude of things, Mr.Bajaj. I am not inclined to pay attention to meaningless opinions. All that matters is that Anurag trusts me and I trust him.”

He held her gaze for long beat and Prerna wondered if all of the verbal baiting had led her to this moment. This statement.

“I’m moved, Ms. Sharma. I really am. But I’m such a hardened cynic that I often require proof to back words, you see? Indulge a sceptic, would you? Say we conduct an experiment?”

“An experiment?”

“Uh-huh. An experiment to test your claims. And once this experiment is complete, I’ll ensure Mr. Basu’s release.”

Prerna could hardly sit still. What game was this?

“What kind of experiment?” Prerna ventured warily.

He looked at her lazily. Swirling his drink, he seemed to take pleasure in prolonging the silence to heighten her discomfort.

“Here is the thing, Ms. Sharma. You’ll have to spend the night with me –”

“How dare you?! You vile, disgusting, basta—" Prerna leapt to her feet, her hair coming undone, her eyes wide with visceral hatred. But he cut her furious tirade midway.

“Easy, little girl, easy. First listen. I am many things, Ms. Sharma, a sexual predator is not one of them. I would never touch a woman without her consent. And I would not tolerate such a thing being done in my presence. You have my word, that neither me, nor any of my people, will touch you or physically harm you in any way. If you so choose to partake in this little experiment, you will be required to spend a night in this house, in the manner of my choosing. But rest assured, I have never felt the need to coerce a woman physically to get what I want and I’m not about to begin with you.”

Prerna was still seething as Mr. Bajaj finished but there was no mistaking the genuine promise amidst those repugnant words. Why? What was this bizarre request? And how in the world was this going to benefit him?

“So all I have to do is stay in your house for a night?” She asked.

“More or less, yes.”

“If I agree, how does this help you?” She pressed

“I am man who likes to study human behavior. Just call me curious. Do you love him enough to spend an entire evening in my company? Does he trust you enough to believe your love? It’s all very fascinating to me.”

“You’re insane. A complete lunatic. Anurag will think I -- No. I can't, I CAN'T!” Prerna burst out.

“You give me too much credit, child. I’m not nearly smart enough to be insane. Besides, I’m only helping your cause. Proving what you so earnestly believe to be true. If you’re sure of your love, this should be an easy one. And if you're sure he loves you, he’ll believe you.

He stopped for a beat.

“Unless you’re not sure…” he added slyly.

“If I do this, you’ll make sure that the charges are dropped for good? Soon after the completion of my end?” She asked, confirming the terms.

“You have my word, Ms. Prerna.”

"How do I know your word is any good?" She spat out.

"You don't, but the way I see it, you really can't do much about that." He replied matter-of-factly, flicking through his phone.

Prerna felt like a prey caught in corner. Kakima’s desperation over Anurag’s arrest unfolded like a theatre scene in her mind while Nivi’s words playing like a symphony in the background. She had no choice.

“Then we have a deal, Mr.Bajaj.

----------

Phew. I'm done. Done with this scene, that is. Let me know if you like it. I want to steer this story to show two strong leads, with nearly opposite views in life. Prerna's strength will play out very unlike the tv series. The tv one is entirely too weepy and pathetic for my liking. Why they insist on showing such spineless women characters, I will never understand.

Edited by Sohali19 - 4 years ago
WaqtZaya thumbnail

Wow wow wow i love this so much SO MUCH. You are a very talented writer and man this is beyond awesomest. Please don't stop WRITING i am here to read yours and many more will follow. Pls post the story link in Bajaj as well as PreRish ATs and you will have your readers. ❤️

PenguinBaby thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

This was so... fascinating (In the words of your Bajaj!) Amazing! How smartly Bajaj is playing😎 And Prerna is a girl in love, ready to do anything! Is her love bubble going to burst? Or will Anurag pass in this test?

Please update very soon so I can have these answers!!!!

😊

-Sanu

Eternized_Blues thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I want more! I want more!

You have left me hungry for more. I just read three parts in a row and must I say I love this experiments. Your RB said everything I always wanted to say to P about the whole Mohini situation, A placing her second to them and all the discriminations done to P and her family by Mohini. 

I think this is more of a test for A and an eye-opener for P. She shall realize that A’s love comes with conditions and his trust on her is very fragile. 

Your are fantastic. I can not wait to read more. PM me please.

Edited by Eternized_Blues - 4 years ago
Sohali19 thumbnail
Engager 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 2

Part IV - 

She had received his summons this morning, nearly a week after the evening she had agreed to the terms. She had grown increasingly impatient after their meeting, waiting for Mr.Bajaj’s directions. Anurag’s bail application was stuck in bureaucratic process and the date of his first hearing was yet to be fixed. Their families were still coming to terms with the insanity that had enveloped them. A few news outlets had picked on the story and were dedicating a cursory article or two to the young scion who was behind bars. Prerna looked at the invitation again. There was to be some sort of a party being hosted at the Bajaj Estate tonight in anticipation of an announcement. The media had speculated for days that Mr. Rishabh Bajaj was going to either declare an IPO or announce a takeover of a rival company. Neither news particularly interested Prerna. She didn’t understand why she was being asked to attend what seemed to her like a grand event. Surely, the terms were for her spend the evening alone with the man. Her invitation had contained an additional few lines penned down in neat, clear strokes.

Please know you still have the choice to back out of our contract. However, if you choose to attend, please wear red.’

She looked over the last line of the invitation again – Please wear red. Prerna wasn’t foolish enough to think that Mr. Bajaj had developed some sort of tendre for her that had driven him to request a favored fashion choice. There had to be a reason for this set up. She just couldn’t see what.

“Red it is.” She thought to herself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was 2 am. People were leaving in groups. Some of them waving at her as they walked out. She had been instructed to stand by the large flower arrangement in the foyer which meant that most people who left, would walk past her. She had also been instructed to politely wave goodbye and decline any guests who offered to drop her home and there had been several who had offered. As Prerna stood there waiting, she felt disoriented. Like she had just stepped off a carousel. The evening had had begun rather smoothly, considering the circumstances. She had told Anurag that the Basu’s were invited to a party at the Bajaj mansion and she would be going in his stead so as to maintain atleast a nominal show of cordial relations. Anurag had been uncomfortable but hadn’t pursued the issue endlessly like she thought he would. When she had arrived, she stayed on the fringes of the gathering, occasionally talking to a few guests and a few familiar faces. A high up executive in Bajaj Industries had, for a time, taken her around the room, introducing her as Anurag’s fiancée to other guests. So much for keeping it under wraps. She had caught only glimpses of Mr. Bajaj through out the night. Dressed in his signature black, he looked more kingpin than businessman. It was only at half past 1, when he made any sort of contact with her via the note.

So here she was. Waiting in the foyer. Paper in hand. Dressed in blood red. By then she understood why.

He had wanted people to notice her presence. 

------

Cheers 

Sohaa

I know this was a short update. It was meant to be. I just wanted to write about important highlights of the evening and not delve into each interaction - like Anurag -Prerna conversation, guests and prerna. 

Right. Having explained that, let me know if you like it. And for everyone who has been commenting. You guys are lovely. Truly.

WaqtZaya thumbnail

I can't believe how flawless you write. It almost gives me satisfying feels. 

Oh so good! 

Appudappu thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

love to read more...... its getting interesting.... Update fast... I want to Anu's reaction.... 

PenguinBaby thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Ah! Ah! What a treat ❤️

He wants the world to notice her for her so he stays far away, letting her take the lime light🥰