Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jazum thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

haha buddy maja ay gaya to be frank sun kar apke bata.

Loving2Missing2 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: jazum

haha buddy maja ay gaya to be frank sun kar apke bata.

Hi Buddy! Yeh thread maje ke liye hi bana hai. Have fun! Welcome to IF! Happy Posting

Reserved for a planned post

Pic credit- Natalia (A gifted Barunrogi loving all his roles)

This post is dedicated to Surbhi Jyoti on her birthday! Commemorating Her talent to bring out nuances of Meera's character ( Our Most Loved Contemporary female lead)

Tanhaiyaan, is an 'immortal in our heart' kind of beauty! It's the creation result of a wonderful Teamwork; be it Gul's story enhanced by Anand Jain , Gorky M's Direction, Shaheen Iqbaal's Title song verse, Raju Singh's background score, Bhaven Shiv as singers of the verse and then the actor team. And amongst all, this immensely talented pair of Barun Sobti Surbhi Jyoti brings Haider- Meera alive in our hearts.

Why Meera is my most loved female character? Meera took my heart in one angry outburst of hers when she slaps Haider.

I am against all physical violence shown in serials-shows, especially the Saas-Bahu drama slaps. But here Surbhi's great expressions justify Meera's angry slap completely.

Story-wise, it's an enthralling conflict point. The woman doesn't know the pain of the man and tries to understand it; but he rebuffs her in typical Angry Young man Style. The dialogues are written beautifully by Aparajita and delivered with complete justice by Surbhi.

"I bared my soul to you. Tum is baat ki ijjat nahi kar sakate toh insult bhi mat karo. I know you are in pain. Tumhare seene mein bhi dard hai aur meere seene mein bhi dard hai. 

Lekin maine tumhari taraha khud ko itni importance dene ki, khud pe taras khaane ki, akele reh lene ki, khud ko apne dard mein aise soak kar lene ki , ek cocoon mein khud ko band kar lene ki luxury nahi dee.

Aur yeh jo tum mere parents ke baare mein baat kar rahe ho, you are monopolising my misery!"

I hooted, I clapped, I saw and re-saw the scene. My daughter loved it, too. In any serial we watch, or any romance novel we read, why..... and WE ASK WHY? Why is it always the hero having traumatic past. And even if he has one, why do writers around the globe make it into world's most impacting problem? 

Isn't a woman's pain worthy of your writing/ portraying skill? Doesn't she deserve screen space to express her sentiments?

Let's take IPK1, Barun's globally loved serial. 

If Arnav has lost his parents; so has Anjali! The mother who committed suicide was her mother, too! And the tragic incident happened in her first marriage! Why isn't there any character nuance, one single scene showing her grief, her pain?

It was Meera who gave voice to women's way of managing pain.

Why is in all novels, all serials, the man super rich and the woman debilitating poor ? And if so, why is she over dramatically bubbly-chirpy? Each one of us has maids at home, some below the poverty line. Their struggle for survival and then the abusive atmosphere which their children suffer, why does the female leads like Khushi never have even a nuance of such problems?

Meera brought to life a contemporary woman who stands in the same strata as the male lead. A woman who stands up for herself and has pride in it. Meera's dialogue "Of course Hobe! Multiple times hobe! " Against Haider's "Aapase na Hobe!"

She's the all forgiving lover when without convicting Haider for his deeds, she just says, "Agar tumne phir se aisa kiya na Haider, main tumhari jaan le loongi, I swear I'll kill you!"

She's not made into big sacrificial lady, the typical sati-savitri portrayal of a woman in serials.

Such portrayals are perhaps forced upon the makers like Ekta and Gul; because they need the TRP.

It was Surbhi's portrayal of Meera which was loved by all. I already spoke multiple times of Barun's portrayal in my thread

Meera Storytime

Barun's magic as haider

It was Barun and Surbhi together who brought such lively, so fresh, so new characters to us and made them lovable. The serial became a super success. It gave viewers something brain worthy to watch.

I love Tanhaiyaan! I love Haider! And being a woman myself, I love Meera the most!

Edited by Loving2Missing2 - 4 years ago

Originally posted by: AnnDan

Beautifully written Neha

Thanks so very much Ann. Do visit FF new chapters, too. You'll like them.

Sahir Ludhianwi

Me and my husband are fans of his songs. 

The man has created magic in the song Mere Ghar Aayee Ek Nanhi Pari

A song so famous that even after so many years, it's the line used for every new daughter born. Every mother getting a baby daughter feels this song in her heart. Exactly depicts the feelings of parents.

The sheer happiness and love that's built in simple words. And in spite of simplicity, the poem takes us to much deeper meaning.

मेरे घर आई एक नन्ही परी, एक नन्ही परी
चांदनी के हसीन रथ पे सवार
मेरे घर आई ...

उसकी बातों में शहद जैसी मिठास
उसकी सासों में इतर की महकास
होंठ जैसे के भीगे-भीगे गुलाब
गाल जैसे के बहके-बहके अनार
मेरे घर आई ...

उसके आने से मेरे आंगन में
खिल उठे फूल गुनगुनायी बहार
देख कर उसको जी नहीं भरता
चाहे देखूँ उसे हज़ारों बार     (२)
मेरे घर आई ...

मैने पूछा उसे के कौन है तू
हंसके बोली के मैं हूँ तेरा प्यार
मैं तेरे दिल में थी हमेशा से
घर में आई हूँ आज पहली बार
मेरे घर आई ...

Mere ghar aayi      She has come to my house

Mere ghar aayi ek nanhi pari  A small angel has come to my house

Ek nanhi pari     A small angel

Chandni ke haseen rath pe sawaar      Riding on a beautiful chariot
Mere ghar aayi o o o     She has come to my house
Mere ghar aayi ek nanhi pari      A small angel has come to my house

Uski baaton mein shehad jaisi mithaas     Her words have the sweetness of honey
Uski saanson mein ittar ki mehakaas    Her breath has the fragrance of a perfume
Honth jaise ke bheege bheege gulaab    Her lips are like a moist rose flower
Gaal jaise ke behke behke anaar    Her cheeks are red like pomegranate

Mere ghar aayi o o o       She has come to my house
Mere ghar aayi ek nanhi pari     A small angel has come to my house
Ek nanhi pari    A small angel

Uske aane se mere aangan mein  When she came, in the courtyard of my house
Khil uthe phool gungunai bahaar       Flowers bloomed and spring was singing
Dekhkar usko jee nahi bharta      I was never done looking at her
Chahe dekhoon usse hazaron baar      Even if I saw her a thousand times
Chahe dekhoon usse hazaron baar     Even if I saw her a thousand times

Mere ghar aayi o o o     She has come to my house
Mere ghar aayi ek nanhi pari     A small angel has come to my house
Ek nanhi pari    A small angel

Maine poocha usse ke kaun hai tu      I asked her as to who she was
Haske boli ke main hoon tera pyar........She smiled and said, I'm your love
Main tere dil mein thi hamesha se       I was always in your heart
Ghar mein aayi hoon aaj pehli baar      Today for the first time I've come in your house

Mere ghar aayi o o o She has come to my house
Mere ghar aayi ek nanhi pari A small angel has come to my house
Ek nanhi pari   A small angel
Chandni ke haseen rath pe sawaar   Riding on a beautiful chariot
Mere ghar aayi   She has come to my house
Mere ghar aayi ek nanhi pari    A small angel has come to my house
Ek nanhi pari      A small angel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COV1a8T5PDg

Edited by Loving2Missing2 - 4 years ago