Arhi FF : Destiny Games T5 (New updates in T6) - Page 13

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by Mrieshka

Its such a beautiful story — good amalgamation of humor, romance, love,and mystery. Thank you for coming back to complete it( i hope you do this tine). I loved it when i read few years ago . 

Great … I really like Arnav and his siblings tussles … Arshi romance please 

Glad Payal and Akash are settled in, Nani seemed the only sane one, good for la, and Nk.

Oh Mr. jealous Arnav, I love this side of you.. brings the best of you to ensure Khushi is yours. 

So Aman and Arnav have figured out Roy is the culprit, good good. And love how Aman teases Arnav. 

Looking forward to know what's the bet and why she lost it. He he he.. 

Cheers 

Bookmarking.  Will read the full story and post my comment.  It might take a while.

PS: Thanks to S for mentioning this name.

Cheers.......

Edited by Savera84 - 4 years ago

Thank you for the long update. It's like watching the show again

Ha ha.. Arnav is extremely possessive without his knowledge. Waiting for Sheetal entry to remind, he has a name sake/ Dadi accepted girlfriend. 

Loved siblings bond. Nani is very understanding. Enjoyed reading through out .

Love siblings love. Arnav is definitely not liking  Suraj  and Khushi talking. Can’t wait for the dance. 

Arnav can not admit it but the jealousy is showing already.

From the author's desk: Hello peeps, the next update is up! Thanks so much for all the comments. I know I have not yet replied back to many of you for your comments and PMs. Sorry, But I shall soon do it. 

There is nothing more than the comments and encouragement that a writer can ask for, You gals / guys are the best, Thanks so much! 

Happy reading! 

Chapter 12: The clash of titans

Part 2: The battle of wits. 

Arnav and Akash smiled politely at the elderly gentleman as he narrated yet another incident from his olden days. 

“Father, you surely aren’t going to bother Arnav and Akash with stories about their great grandfather whom they probably haven’t even seen. You are going to slap them with boredom…” Mr.Kapoor cheerfully warned. 

“No, Not at all” Arnav assured the Kapoor men, both the senior and his son.

“You better not be young man” the old man warned jovially “After all, you wouldn’t come across many who would tell you about your great grandfather. I am one of the fortunate few who have seen the Raizada Empire grow. Obviously your Dadiji would tell you more… But I have been one of the handful who could personally learn from him. I was sent to him as an apprentice because my father couldn’t control me and thought his business acquaintance would find hopeful ways to turn me into someone useful.”

The man laughed heartily before he continued further

“Incidentally, Nandu was sent to my father in same hopes. This was all before you were married to him Subadra Ji” The old man said turning to Dadi who was standing next to him “and both our fathers soon realized it was a futile attempt to have any hope for us.”

“You are one of the leading investment consultants today” Arnav told the old man 

The old man laughed cheerfully 

“So was your grandfather Nandu, the best in construction business. But we weren’t even half of what our fathers were…If Nandu was alive today, he would have heartily agreed. Isnt it Subadra Ji?”

Dadiji who was standing next to them consented happily

“Ofcourse Rajaneeshji.”

“So should I take it that I am not half as good as you?” Mr. Kapoor asked his father jokingly

“Pratham, you know it yourself” the old man laughed again “But I am told that this young man here is as promising as his great grandfather.” Rajaneesh Kapoor slapped Arnav affectionately on his back. “When I say that, I don’t mean only the looks. I mean the business mind as well”

Arnav who had been a little distracted watching Khushi sharing a hearty laugh with his sister on the other side of the hall and wondering what the girls had been discussing that had extracted such a reaction from Khushi that was momentarily caught looking lost with not knowing what was being said about him. 

Thankfully, his silence was taken to be a modest reaction by others. 

“Bhai has been the best for our business” Akash came to Arnav’s rescue. 

“Of course” Rajaneesh agreed “that’s what I hear”

“It depends a lot on the source of information” Arnav told Rajaneesh “My Dadi likes to take pride in us. But don’t believe everything that she says”

“Young Man, I am sure that your competitors wouldn’t agree any less” Rajaneesh told him

“And it’s not only your dadiji who has been speaking about you all the time” Mrs. Kapoor commented as she and Mami joined them.

“Nehaji, who else has been praising our beloved Arnav Bitwa?” Mami asked 

“No doubt, it should be Sheetal of course” Dadi said. 

Arnav drew in a sharp breath. He had realized the moment he walked in that the couple who were speaking to Dadi were Sheetal’s parents. He had recognized them from the pics in her mobile. But he hadn’t expected his dadi to introduce the Kapoors as family friends. 

Who would have thought that his great grandfather and Sheetal’s great grandfather had been business associates? It’s been a longtime acquaintance. A long history of relationship which he wasn’t even aware of until a few minutes ago. Of all the families in the world, the close family associates had to be the family of the girl he had been seeing for some time in England. 

Arnav decided not to show them that he knew their daughter and had been going along with how the conversation went. But he should have guessed that his dadi knew about it. He heaved a sigh.

But wait, did everyone around him know that? Their reaction to what dadi said confirmed it

“Haan… Yeah… yeah… Your Sheetal is a darling girl.” Mami said “Now what complaints did she tell about our Arnav?”

“I don’t think what she has been telling us falls into complaints at all” Rajaneesh Kapoor assured Mami.

“The world is so short isn’t it?” Naniji who was standing beside Dadi exclaimed. “I never knew that Sheetal was a daughter of our close family friends for generations.”

“Yes…we are very very excited about this news.” Mami added.

“Even we” Mrs. Kapoor was equally excited “We didn’t even guess when Sheetal used to mention about Arnav, that we knew the family so well”

“But I guessed, With Sheetal’s cultured manners, I could say she was from a respectable family and of course, a little interrogation with her, I came to know” Dadi prided on her accomplishment. 

Arnav looked aghast, don’t people have anything better to do in life other than to probe his personal affairs? 

“Now I know where Anjali got her inquisitiveness” Akash chuckled at Arnav’s reaction. Arnav glared at his brother effectively silencing him. 

“When Sheetal told us that you were going to visit us yesterday, we never even guessed. We got to know when you came SubadraJi” Neha told Dadi.

What? Dadi met the Kapoors yesterday? How come she didn’t even discuss this with him? Arnav felt completely irked. He had thought that his relationship with Sheetal was well under his control and would never get aboard unless he wanted it. Now, the family is meddling with his controls plans. 

“Not to mention, we are very happy to rediscover the forgotten links” Pratham added.

“You are putting it very mildly son” Rajaneesh said “I am delighted”

Arnav was feeling far from delighted. The fact that Sheetal’s family were close family associates of Raizadas wasn’t giving him any warmth that should have been there when he discovered the fact. Infact, he wasn’t even feeling comfortable with the circumstance. He should have been cringing his brows, for he was again slapped on his back again by Rajaneesh. 

“Come on Young man, loosen up” Rajaneesh said in his jovial manner “I am not going to attack you for going after my granddaughter”

This comment was followed up by a roar of laughter. What? Wait? Arnav’s head was reeling. He was definitely not going after Sheetal or any other girl for that matter… No one held his interest in that way, he told himself. No. Wait. “There was one probably one in this very room who holds your interest” a voice inside him said. He was in the process of shutting down the voice for good when he heard Akash whisper to him. 

“What’s got into NK?” Akash hushed to him gesturing towards the dance floor. 

Arnav trained his eyes on the direction to find his interest demonstrating one of her trademark thumkas to a very interested La, a highly amused NK and a giggling Anjali who were all trying to imitate her. 

“Gone Crazy” he whispered back to Akash.

“Won’t you have given anything to be in NK’s place right now?” his inner voice asked again. He shook his head. Where did these thoughts come from? He normally didn’t hear voices in his mind. 

But nothing that he did today fell under his normalcy. Right from drenching her last evening with water to moving so close to her to rile her up to flirting with her by the pool this afternoon, all that he did to fluster her up, he couldn’t even understand why he did what he did. “Because you like to see her angry and flustered up. You want to know if she is as affected by you as you are affected by her presence.” The inner voice answered again. 

He was surely going crazy! He decided to try and concentrate on the conversation happening in front of him to save himself from crazy voices inside his head. But that wasn’t helping much. As much as he tried, he found himself getting distracted with observing Khushi’s actions across the hall, which was now, to his utter surprise, tinged with a tiny streak of jealousy at how easily she laughed with his brother and sister. 

As much as he was distracted, one thing was clear to him. Dadi and Mami were simply thrilled to hear that the Kapoors were also impressed with him as much as they were impressed with Sheetal. Even Nani and Mama looked happy. He knew his Dadi and Mami had been reading more than necessarily was in his and Sheetal’s relationship, but now, they will definitely try to take it further. He made up his mind that he should soon talk to his family about this. He have to let them know that he wasn’t interested in Sheetal in that way and not to pursue that path. 

Arnav tried to imply that with his replies to the Kapoors or his own family, but they were hell bent on reading between the lines on whatever he said which followed by Mrs. Kapoor’s really loud laughter and Mami’s equally loud one which irked him further. After a couple of times, he stopped responding or reacting to whatever was said. Sometimes silence was the best answer. Also, his diversion at the far end of the hall was an entertaining option. More than once, he tried excusing himself and move further in the pretext of attending other guests. But Dadi kept pulling him back, it seemed that she was hell bent on making him attend to the Kapoors’ personally for the rest of the evening.  Even as Akash was excused when Payal came to fetch him, Dadi was persistent that Arnav should stay with the Kapoors. 

Arnav tried another strategy. He turned the talk to something which could benefit him- Business. This worked. The men instantly jumped at the opportunity and the ladies excused themselves to hold their own court to discuss about his personal life- he was sure. Thankfully Dadi didn’t seem to mind this breakup and at least this way, he was comfortable with the conversation. But he didn’t realize how wrong a decision it was until later.

Soon after, Arnav suggested dinner to the men and asked Mama to give them company, efficaciously excusing himself only to find himself seeking out Khushi. It was not difficult to find her not only because he had been keeping an eye on her more than he could ever admit but because, apparently, she was ruling the dance floor along with NK as they danced for “badtameez dil…”. 

He quickly joined Akash, Payal, Anjali and even La who was seemingly very enthusiastically cheering them. For a girl who didn’t think twice before slapping NK on mistaken wedding, La looked happy cheering her boyfriend dancing with Khushi. 

But more than that, what surprised Arnav was, he wasn’t as nonchalant as he would have liked to be watching her dance with NK. He could see that she wasn’t bluffing when she told him that she was a good dancer, she was able to give stiff competition to NK, who he knew was trained in hip-hop and Salsa right from his teens. Her legs were swift, her movements graceful and there was an aura around her when she danced, as if she was so sure of herself. But those dance moves also stirred something inside him, something primal and ravenous in nature. Surely, his dil was feeling very “badtameez”. He couldn’t help but think with anticipation of how a salsa with her would be. Maybe one day, he would make her do salsa with him. But that also  brought forward the realization that she had told no to dancing with him earlier in the evening. 

The very fact that she wasn’t this forward when he had asked her to dance with him that evening was also unsettling him, splashing his insides lavishly with a feeling which was very alien to him until he met her- envy. He made a swift move towards the DJ to have a word with him. 

For Khushi, the evening had proceeded well compared to what she had thought an hour back. All the Raizada siblings were fun to hang out with. No scratch that, not all Raizada siblings, she would have to exempt the elder one from that list, she reminded herself. She loved talking with Anjali and Payal and teaching La all about desi thumkas. NK was a very easy going guy unlike his eldest brother and even Akash’s calming presence was pleasant. Even RajmaChawal was tolerable amidst their company. 

Anjali had been persistent in her interrogations for a while. The fact that Anjali was also aware that her  eldest brother kept throwing his blazing eyes around her even when he was in conversation with the Kapoors wasn’t helping either. 

But then, NK and La came to the rescue and while Khushi taught La some of the intricacies of Indian folk style, she saw NK and Anjali sharing a quick chat and Anjali’s eyes go wide.

“Didn’t you connect the dots?” She had overheard NK asking Anjali 

“Oh Sh*t, no!” Anjali cursed 

“And you pride yourself to be the best in such things” NK mocked 

“What happened?” Khushi had asked, but the both shook their heads as to assure her it was nothing. 

Soon Payal and RajmaChawal Suraj joined them and she forgot about it. Anjali then came up with a challenge game for boys and girls. As the girls’ side outnumbered boys’ side by 4:2, Anjali insisted on fetching Arnav and Akash too. NK wasn’t too eager to go bring his brothers who were still conversing with Kapoors. 

With Payal’s interference Akash joined them but to Anjali’s disappointment, Akash had assured them that Arnav was neck deep into the conversation and the boys side have to make do with one less. Khushi felt only grateful. If he was around, she wasn’t sure she would be able to give her best, not that he was already unsettling her with his mere eyes from wherever he was standing now. 

The pairs were decided. Anjali was to dance with Suraj. Since NK was a better dancer amongst men, he would be performing twice, once with Khushi and next with La. Akash and Payal being the newly wedded, took the floor first and was then followed by NK and Khushi. 

She was so much into the dance that she hadn’t noticed when Arnav joined the cheerleaders. She only became aware of his presence when his palm closed around her elbow just as Payal and Akash finished their dance. 

“Time for our dance” his husky voice near her ears sent shivers down her body. She stood looking at him in an alarmed manner. 

“No, I am going to dance with NK,  you can dance either with La or Anjali” she told him, trying to free herself. 

He only smirked at her, the menacing slow smirk of his which only unnerved her further. 

“I am feeling tired already. I cannot dance now” Khushi tried the ‘tired’ card. But Arnav wasn’t going to buy that. 

“Don’t you worry about that” he whispered throatily “I will lead you”

“What do you mean? This is a competition. You cannot lead me on unless we are doing a couple dance” Khushi told him haughtily only to realize of course it was going to be one. “I cannot do a couple dance number with you” she panicked as she still tried to free herself from his grip.

“What do you expect to dance with a slow number?” Arnav said as if the matter was settled and he took her further into the dance floor, even as she was still struggling to get away from him. 

“How do you know it’s going to be a slow number Mr. Almighty Alampanah?” Khushi scorned at him just as the tune for the song started playing. “Because you asked him to play it” Khushi eyes went wide as she understood that she had no way out of this. She was going to suffer a heart attack and be rushed to the hospital by the time the dance ends. 

“Exactly” Arnav admitted with yet another unabashed smirk of his, freezing her of her ability to think further about anything and everything, as he pulled her closer before he twirled her out only to tug her back towards him as the words started to tumble out of the juke box

“Teri Meri…Meri teri…Prem Kahani…”

The man knew his talents well and applied it very much to his advantage- not only his dance moves, his eyes, his smirk and the smug look he wore, everything attributed to unnerve Khushi. The fact that he was wearing a tuxedo didn’t much affect his comfort with the moves. His touches and lifts were sensuous. 

Khushi loved to dance. She wasn’t trained in it, but it was something that came naturally to her. But she has never done something as intimate as a couple dance before and all that Arnav was making her do spelt intimate with a capital I. All through the dance, as Khushi was twirled and twisted, lifted and wilted, she couldn’t think of anything else. She even forgot that they had audience. She was thankful that he led the dance for with the rate at which her heartbeat accelerated and the mind blanked out, she wasn’t sure if she could stand properly, forget doing a basic dance step. By the time, the song ended, the man still had his smirk intact, as if he knew very well how her treacherous heart and body reacted to him. Her legs were shaking like jelly with all the excitement that her body was going through for the first time. 

She didn’t even register the claps and cheers that had followed nor did she realize the start of the next song as NK and La went on to dance. She didn’t hear half of what an exuberant Anjali was shouting next to her. She didn’t register Payal’s curious look or interrogation with Arnav. She didn’t even notice Dadi’s irate stares or Nani’s contemplating watch or Mami’s shocked expression. She was still blank from the experience, the only thing that she could acknowledge was the smug look on Arnav’s face when he was looking at her.

Dadi was aghast and bewildered when she watched Arnav dance with Khushi. She had been working meticulously towards binding Arnav with marital responsibility with Sheetal and he had to go and dance with that wench of a girl in front of Kapoors to spoil all that.

She also perceived that the Neha Kapoor didn’t really appreciate Arnav’s dance with another girl, in the view of a prospective groom in law, though the men didn’t mind that much. Dadi’s brain started reeling and she was already formulating a plan in her mind when she learnt from the cheers that went around after the dance. 

She heaved a sigh of relief. It was a competition between the girls and the boys. 

“Youngsters these days!” she sighed to Neha and Pratham as she shook her head “How much seriously they take ordinary competitions” she said emphasizing on the word ‘competition’.

“Competition it is” Pratham said as if assuring his wife. 

“But still” Neha didn’t look completely convinced. 

“Ha” exclaimed the senior Kapoor “Arnav reminds me of my young days- reckless, daring and unstoppable when it comes to competition- be it a casual family challenge or a demanding enterprise deal, he has to win and he would employ everything in his ability to do that”

“That describes our Arnav precisely” Mama confirmed Rajaneesh’s words

Dadi sighed again. They were drifting into business again. She wouldn’t let it slip now. 

“If Sheetal was here, Arnav would have danced with her” Dadi said pointedly. 

Nani and Mami were also standing close by. Mami caught Dadi’s que.

“Of course he would have” she said “I wish Sheetal was here. Has Sheetal trained in any dance Mrs. Kapoor? ” 

“Yeah she is” Neha said eagerly “She was trained in Ballet from when she was very young, more recently she had been attending Salsa and Waltz”

“Oh really?” Mami exclaimed “Our Arnav does Salsa too… Now I am more than excited to watch them dance together”

This somehow cheered up Neha. 

“Certainly” 

“Yeah, and I am sure it’s going to be more steamy and romantic” 

“Manorama!” Nani warned her daughter in law. She usually went overboard, but Dadi was pleased. She had intended to get Mami do the talking to arrive at this. It wasn’t as if Nani didn’t understand what was going on. But she didn’t approve of it. It wasn’t as if she didn’t accept Sheetal. But she had been observing Arnav for a few days now and particularly this day. She could guess that Arnav wasn’t very excited to meet the Kapoors or edge on the hints of a probable marital match between him and Sheetal. She wanted to be sure if that was what Arnav wanted before anything progressed in that direction.

“Why Sasuma, don’t you like to watch your grandsons dance with bootiful young girls? See, even NK bitwa is dancing now with Ms.La Kashyap from Australia”

“As much as such things would be wonderful to watch, Devyani and I are little old fashioned to accept it before solid commitments” Dadi ji told purposely. 

“Now, Subadra Ji, did you say solid commitments like marriage proposals?” Rajaneesh asked

“Exactly Rajaneesh ji” Dadi said

“Oh excellent!” Rajaneesh said “It would be wonderful if both are empire unite”

“That’s something that I would like too” Mami exclaimed. “Arnav and Sheetal… Wont you like it Sasuma?” 

“Well, as much as it is tempting for us old souls, we should take consent from Arnav and Sheetal before well before we get serious about it” Nani said cautiously

“You are right Devyaniji” Pratham agreed

“Whats there to take consent?” Dadi asked “Haven’t they already given us consent? Did Arnav ever bring any girl home other than Sheetal?” 

Mami looked surprised at this "Haan, he has, hasnt he?" She asked, then looking at Dadi sternly looking at her, she managed to pass it on as if, Sheetal was the only one Arnav was actually serious about. 

“And Sheetal has never been as excited about anyone else either as she is about Arnav”

“So there goes the consent” Mami cried out

“It would still be better if we asked them first. Kids these days aren’t like our times. They have different plans in mind” Nani still cautioned. 

“If you let our Arnav decide, he will decide about it forever” Dadi told Nani “you know about him”

“It’s the same with Sheetal too… she is very ambitious” Neha told them

“Then why don’t we give them a surprise?” Mami asked “May be they can decide on the wedding date as per their plan. But get them engaged now?”

“Sounds like a good plan Mano” Mama agreed.

“Wont that be too good a surprise?” Pratham agreed as Neha too nodded her consent.

“I am all for this” Rajaneesh exclaimed excitedly. “It’s not only a union of two souls, it’s also a union of two empires and two long standing family friends”

“I am so glad about it” Dadi said “How about you Devyani?”

Devyani too nodded at her. “I would like Arnav to get settled soon. If this is going to bind him, then so be it” she said, even though a small doubt tingled at the bottom of her heart on weather Arnav would really want this. 

“That’s wonderful” Mami exclaimed. 

“Still, we should let them know about this” Nani insisted again

“Oh we shall” Neha said “We can have an engagement ceremony shortly after consenting with them. Then it’s up to them to decide when they want to get married”

“Now that it is settled, I think we shouldn’t delay in telling them” Pratham said

“Why telling them when we can announce it in large making it a surprise for the two?” Dadi asked

Everyone seemed to agree it was a good idea. 

Dadi looked pleased with herself. Her mission was almost successful. 

“Girls get the high score” Anjali shouted 

“No way” NK shouted back at her “We outshined you all”

“That would never happen ever” Payal proclaimed

“Righto” La agreed “It’ll happen when the hell freezes over”

“Ok guys” Suraj said “Let’s be gentlemen and let the girls win as usual”

Akash laughed “right!”

“Hello, we don’t need your mercy win” Anjali yelled

“Then agree that we were the best” Nk argued

The only ones who were quiet were Arnav and Khushi

“Guys, we should have had a judge” Akash said “now it’s too late”

“Then it’s a draw” Suraj said

“No” Anjali said “We judge it ourselves”

“Howz that done?” La asked

“Battle of wits” Anjali said “The dance partners’ debate amongst themselves, if one of them agrees that the other was better than them, their partner’s team gets 1 point more”

“And if both don’t agree?”

“Both get half a point each” 

A quick consensus was taken and everyone mostly agreed with the plan

“So that’s agreed then” Anjali said “2 mins for the team to discuss strategy and then everyone gets exactly 10 minutes to convince your partner that you were the best and win that one point”

As the girls huddled together to discuss strategy, Payal was sure of her win. Payal would win hands down when it came to convincing (read threatening) Akash to give her the point. La was sure of getting half a point with NK. Anjali said she will make sure that she would at least get half a point if not one. 

With that would make their total points as 2. They all agreed that it would be difficult to win an argument with Arnav and Khushi had the toughest job. 

“But if there was anyone who holds the chance”, Anjali motivated, “it is you Khushi” 

Khushi didn’t ask her how she came to that conclusion. 

“That’s ok. try your best Khushi, between me, La and Anjali, we have solid 2 points. We just need half more to win. Just hold fort until 10 mins expires, then the points will get divided anyway” Payal was very confident as the girls dispersed with high fi’s. 

The men were standing and watching this with amusement. 

“Alright guys...” Anjali called out as she paused to look at her mobile “It’s 9.20 now… We shall consolidate the points at 9.30” 

“And Girls, try as much to get 1, don’t focus on .5 OK?” Payal called out finally before she went towards Akash.

Khushi was determined to win. The girls hadn’t predicted her win to be an easy one. They had just wanted her to not give in until the ten minutes expired. She thought that wasn’t very difficult. But she wanted to surprise them with a full point from Arnav. Yeah, she would like that. 

But when she looked up at him, all her determination flew away. She swallowed uneasily. Forget one point, it looked like it would be a struggle to get through the ten minutes without giving in.

“hmm, so, who was better Khushi?” he asked her in his husky voice

She didn’t answer him. Her voice somehow was caught in her throat. As he took a step closer to her, she took a step back instinctively, maintaining the distance between them. 

Arnav looked at her thoughtfully. He did like her in her aggressive avatar the best.

“I suppose I can let you win this” he said flatly

Khushi who had not been expecting this was stunned for a moment. Did he just say that? 

“Wh..what?” she suddenly felt apprehensive. He had performed equally well if not better than her. Plus he led the dance. If he is letting this go then, there is a hidden motive. Her mind became alert again, forgetting all the jitters.  “Did you just say that you would let me have a whole one point?” she asked.

“Yeah, I guess so” he said thoughtfully and then slowly added “Which would also mean that I would win our previous shart” 

“Shart?” she repeated swallowing nervously.

“Yup… You forgot our deal?” he smirked smugly at her.

“But you didn’t win that. I didn’t dance willingly with you” she said

“But still you danced”

“That doesn’t count” Khushi said “You said I will come willingly. I didn’t. You forced me”

“That comes down to, I would win this one hands down? You know, you couldn’t have bettered me when you weren’t interested?”

“N…No” 

“Come on Khushi” Arnav countered. “You can’t win both. They are contradictory in nature. You either win this or that”

Khushi swallowed again. He was right. She kicked herself. He had her cornered well. 

“You either agree that you danced equally well with me and walk away with .5, which will imply that you danced willingly and you would lose our first bet. Or you can choose to say that you didn’t dance willingly, which will make me win this one… The choice is yours”

“Khushi” It was Anjali. Khushi turned back to look at her. It seemed like her debate with Suraj was over. Did the ten minutes already expire? She looked at her mobile… It was still 9.24.

“Whatsapp” Anjali mouthed to her

Khushi checked it, hoping there was something in it to help her. 

“Try to win 1. I lost with RajmaChawal. If you don’t win, we will lose”

She groaned as she read Anjali’s message. Arnav cleared his throat next to her

“If you are done with reading your messages, let’s get back to our discussion”

“I told you I didn’t dance willingly with you”

“So I win this” he said.

Khushi looked back at the message at her mobile. She cannot afford to lose this. 

“Think Khushi, No one knows that you lost that one. It was only between us. You can proclaim winning me… Everyone would appreciate how tough it is”

Khushi looked at him angrily. This man was again behaving like Almighty Alampanah. 

“Beware! if you had any more head weight, your neck would snap with its load”

Arnav simpered as she gritted her teeth

“My neck is still capable of holding it high. Don’t worry”

“Laad governor” she muttered

“hmm, so which win do you want to take Khushi?” he asked 

“Last one minute” Khushi heard Payal say behind her. Her tone said that she had been successful with her mission.

“I am very reasonable you know” Arnav said as she kept thinking “ and generous too…I am willingly letting you win the one that you can use to goad me in front of everyone” Arnav tempted her again

Khushi gulped at the memory of the first Shart.

“Lage shart?” he had asked then.

“Shart?” 

“yeah. If you win, I will do whatever you say”

“and if you win?”

“The same thing applies. You will do whatever I say”

“Kuch bhi?”

“Kuch bhi.”

There was no way Khushi would agree to lose that. Khushi wasn’t sure what he would ask of her if she let him win that.

“I still maintain that I didn’t dance willingly with you” Khushi said finally.

“Are you sure?” Arnav asked her

Khushi turned to look at the girls. With their enthu, she hated to let them down when she could easily win this for them, but the price she had to pay for it was so high ! 

She nodded reluctantly

“Okay” Arnav drawled and turned sideways to let the others know that their debate was done. 

“No wait” Khushi said at the last moment “I…I want this”

“Cool!” Arnav said with his tongue in cheek just as the countdown to 9.30 got over.

The men were in shock as Arnav let the girls know that Khushi won their debate. But the girls screamed in joy.

“We knew it Khushi…You won Arnav!” Anjali was jumping in joy

“You did it! Yay” La gave her a hifi.

“That’s interesting win” Payal said as she hugged Khushi and looked meaningfully at Arnav “Very very interesting”

“What happened to you bhai? You let her win?” NK was shocked “even Suraj won Anjali… We thought this was cake walk for you”

“One cannot win all the time” Arnav said watching Khushi as she looked at him

“Pinch me Akash” NK said “Can you believe he just said that?”

Akash just smiled at them but didn’t comment anything.

“Now this is done, Let’s please go eat. I am very hungry” Suraj said. 

Just as the group tottered towards the area where the dinner buffet was served, Dadi’s voice on mic reached them all. 

“Respected guests, Thanks for coming here to bless our young ones, Akash and Payal, who have entered into blissful married life. The reason I am talking to you all is to tell you that it’s not only Akash and Payal who need your blessings today. There is the other two who would soon be entering into marital bliss” she paused as everyone gathered around. The Raizada siblings looked at each other. 

“Is she going to announce our win?” Anjali asked the girls

“Don’t make me laugh” NK mocked.

“We are very pleased to have the Kapoors join us today in spite of us inviting them at the last moment. We have had a very long standing business relationship with them, stretching through four generations. And it’s high time we looked beyond business. It’s my pleasure to publicize that we have decided to move beyond Business alliances and be known as relatives. We are becoming rishtadari by uniting our beloved children Arnav and Sheetal by marriage. Request you all to congratulate and bless them as well”

The announcement was followed by a roar of applause and Khushi looked stunned with shock at the news. She dreaded to look at Arnav. She was disgusted that he flirted and danced with her the entire evening knowing well that he was as good as engaged. And she let him. Guilt scorched her insides and she felt dirty. Even if he didn’t know it earlier in the day, he would have been aware of it before he danced with her. She felt used and weary. 

When she moved away, as the crowd came towards them to shake hands with Arnav and congratulate him on his prospective engagement, she scurried away from there. She was almost about to cry and and she definitely didn’t want to cry in front of anyone there. She didn’t even know if the rest of them knew that Arnav’s engagement was already decided with Sheetal. She yearned for her privacy right now. Her room was the only one that could give her that. 

But if she had taken a chance to look at him, she would have seen how utterly devastated Arnav himself was with the announcement.

To be continued. 

Oops, sorry about the heart breaks, but the story has to move isnt it? Keep the comments flowing in :)

I will be soon back with another update. 

Cheers, 

Vi

Edited by abavi - 3 years ago

Loved it ..mukhe laga that twist aayega par koi nahi judai ke baad hi to milne ka maja hai..

Oh my God! Dadi is too cruel. Poor Khushi! Would love to know Arnav's reaction to Dadi now.

Wonderful update!! ❤️❤️